Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Braathens retro paint..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braathens retro paint..

Hi.

After some pm's i send, without any response sadly, i found out that i would try to make my first paint, ever....

I ended up with Braathens LN-TUB anno ca. 1997-1998, not an easy one with so few images out there to look after. But i tried my best to sort it out in a way.

I'm not sure so many of you are interested at all in this old livery, but i have uploaded it to Avsim library. (think it will be available later today)

LN-TUB.jpg

Ps: Regards no answer on sent Pm's...!

I'm not p***** or angry, but surprised. You see, where i grew up i was told if anyone ask you something, it was a normal human behavior that you answer.

(Today's words of wisdom)

Have nice day.

Thank you.

Cheers
    Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Originally posted by Bakern View Post
    Ps: Regards no answer on sent Pm's...!

I'm not p***** or angry, but surprised. You see, where i grew up i was told if anyone ask you something, it was a normal human behavior that you answer.
    Don't know who you asked, but it's possible they chose not to answer or they just didn't see your message. If that person hasn't been on the forum for a while, they might not have seen it.
    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Sorry, I simply forgot to reply. I get a few PM's. Nothing personal.
      Cheers,

John Tavendale

Comment

• Bakern
        Bakern commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem. :-)

Originally posted by John Tavendale View Post
      Sorry, I simply forgot to reply. I get a few PM's. Nothing personal.
      Same issue....I wish I could reply to them all...but I sometimes struggle to keep up with requests.
      The good news is that you got your 1st paint done, and that deserves a huge congratulation! πŸ‘

This is exactly how I got into painting years ago, and you may find that you'll want to paint a few more that you've always wanted.

Also, you have to admit that seeing your paint in the sim for the 1st time was pretty exciting.πŸ˜‰
      Regards, Steve Dra
      Click here to download my paints

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Dra View Post

Same issue....I wish I could reply to them all...but I sometimes struggle to keep up with requests.
        The good news is that you got your 1st paint done, and that deserves a huge congratulation! πŸ‘

This is exactly how I got into painting years ago, and you may find that you'll want to paint a few more that you've always wanted.

Also, you have to admit that seeing your paint in the sim for the 1st time was pretty exciting.πŸ˜‰

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate that.

Yes, i must agree, that feeling is nice.
        Cheers
        Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

Fantastic! Looking forward to operate this bird in northern Norway. Didn’t think anyone else wanted to fly Braathens in the sim nowadays. Tusen takk
          Gert A. Barring.

Comment

Originally posted by GABnor View Post
            Fantastic! Looking forward to operate this bird in northern Norway. Didn’t think anyone else wanted to fly Braathens in the sim nowadays. Tusen takk
            I agree. This was unexpected but very welcome. Any chance you would consider an even more retro Braathens SAFE red cheatline livery with a shiny aluminum belly? If so maybe Steve can lend you the great metallic textures he made with Brian T.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Braathens-SAFE/Boeing-737-405/0884844/L/

I hope you will consider it. No worries if you don't, I will at least have this one. Thanks!
            Last edited by ToddL; 21Feb2020, 15:51.
            Todd Legon

Comment

Originally posted by ToddL View Post

I agree. This was unexpected but very welcome. Any chance you would consider an even more retro Braathens SAFE red cheatline livery with a shiny aluminum belly? If so maybe Steve can lend you the great metallic textures he made with Brian T.

I hope you will consider it. No worries if you don't, I will at least have this one. Thanks!
              Already painted that one a few days, no wait, weeks, no wait, months, no wait, years, no wait decades ago.🀣

Image4.jpg

I'd be happy to share the metal textures Brian and I developed if Stein-Ove would like to take this paint on.

This is how becoming a painter starts, hehe.
              Attached Files
              Regards, Steve Dra
              Click here to download my paints

Comment

Thanks. I must think this over first. But not impossible.

And thanks for offer Steve.

Btw, paint is out grab it here: https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=216572

Cheers
                Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakern View Post

Thanks. I must think this over first. But not impossible.

And thanks for offer Steve.

Btw, paint is out grab it here: https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=216572

Sorry to say, but i did some noob mistake's.

Did some wrong with some metallic textures and corrected some letters in decal texture.

New version on it's way up at Avsim. Link later...

Please, don't shoot the messenger.

Pic270.jpg

Pic268.jpg
                  Last edited by Bakern; 22Feb2020, 09:54.
                  Cheers
                  Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

Just for info:

Updated download for those interested. https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=216586

Cheers
                    Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

Something like this, not that one you asked for, but kinda paint in same direction.

Very much work and i can promise you, it will not come out in next two weeks...

Little teaser.....

veryearly3.jpg
                      Last edited by Bakern; 25Feb2020, 14:04.
                      Cheers
                      Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

• parrot
                        parrot commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think you have done a great job with the first BU paint you did. And the teaser. is great. Thank you for sharing. Got the first one tested in sim. StΓ₯ pΓ₯ .. :-)

Jan Stene
                        ENZV

Great job Stein-Ove! Why not complete a Braathens livery bundle with the one with the blue belly and Norwegian flag on the tail as well?
                      Gert A. Barring.

Comment

I agree. It looks great so far! Alt for Norge!!
                        Todd Legon

Comment

Closing in...

Pic305.jpg

Pic303.jpg

Last edited by Bakern; 02Mar2020, 15:28.
                          Cheers
                          Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

• ToddL
                            ToddL commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Great work Stein-Ove! She really looks great! Thanks for doing this! And thanks for the timetables!
                            Last edited by ToddL; 02Mar2020, 17:07.

You can grab my paints here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo94ksungi...v1.01.zip?dl=0
                          Cheers
                          Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

And here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idts5x9z5s...N-BUE.zip?dl=0
                            Cheers
                            Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

Braathens SAFE LN-BUE updated......

Grab it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pa4robnofr....1.01.zip?dl=0

Worked a few hours, actually 5 hours, to get those stripes around tail looking better.

Think this will do it i think, much better than first attempt.

Edit: Old link deleted.

LN-BUE_fix.jpg
                              Cheers
                              Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

Third and final Braathens livery for now....

CNO SAS Braathens LN-TUK anno ca. 2003.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8o5rkt4h4...N-TUK.zip?dl=0

Pic317.jpg

Pic319.jpg

Hope you like it and use them.

Thank you. πŸ‘
                                Last edited by Bakern; 06Mar2020, 13:37.
                                Cheers
                                Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

• parrot
                                  parrot commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Great work Stein-Ove !!. Any chance for a 700 in retro...??

Regards
                                  Jan Stene
                                  ENZV

• Bakern
                                  Bakern commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Thanks.

Both LN-TUK and LN-TUB are -700's, and i will say they are retro's... ;-)

• parrot
                                  parrot commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Agree, you are right. I was thinking of the colors of LN-BUE, maybe as LN-BRI. It was a - 400, but could fit in with a -800...? (fictional).

For all of us that used to frequenty fly with BU, the new liveries also introduced the seating classes - Back and Best. a big mistake if you ask me. :-)
                                  Last edited by parrot; 07Mar2020, 18:08.

She looks great! Thanks again for painting these. I have been flying the Braathens SAFE -600 all over. On the way to Svalbard now....

Regards,
                                Todd Legon

Comment

Again, great work Stein-Ove
                                  Gert A. Barring.

Comment

Thanks for nice comments.

Cause of that i have made some few improvements on LN-TUK and LN-TUB.

What is done:

Adjusted shadow effect under the wings slightly. (a little darker)

Adjusted decals on fuselage.

Adjusted the color of the frames for cabin windows. (was too dark)

LN-TUB has got new color and some metal effects on wings, and metal effects on engine.

LN-TUB, adjusted the color of the tail a thought lighter.

I recommend removing the previous version and downloading again, for those who are interested of course. πŸ˜‰

Download LN-TUB here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo94ksungi...v1.01.zip?dl=0

Download LN-TUK here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8o5rkt4h4...N-TUK.zip?dl=0

Pic321.jpg

Pic323.jpg

Pic322.jpg

Have a nice day guys.

Cheers
                                    Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

Originally posted by parrot View Post
                                      Agree, you are right. I was thinking of the colors of LN-BUE, maybe as LN-BRI. It was a - 400, but could fit in with a -800...? (fictional).

For all of us that used to frequenty fly with BU, the new liveries also introduced the seating classes - Back and Best. a big mistake if you ask me. :-)

Not LN-BRI...but one from around 1996-1997.

Little teaser....πŸ˜‰

Pic328a.jpg

Cheers
                                      Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

Hi guys.

Well, Braathens SAFE LN-BRA anno. 1996-1997 are ready to download for those of you are interested.

I know, LN-BRA was a -400...... but -800, closest i get.

Hope you guys like and use it..

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7521k6t852...01996.zip?dl=0

Pic333.jpg

Pic332.jpg
                                        Last edited by Bakern; 11Mar2020, 15:14.
                                        Cheers
                                        Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

• parrot
                                          parrot commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          She is a buity Stein-Ove. Realy. Thank you for sharing with us.

Jan Stene
                                          ENZV

• Bakern
                                          Bakern commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Thank you.

Another beauty! Downloading now. Thanks for all of these!!
                                        Todd Legon

Comment

I'm gonna upload this bird again, i forgot reg under wings. I'll let you know when it's done.. 😚
                                          Cheers
                                          Stein-Ove Rud

HobbyPainter.

Comment

Working...
                                          X