Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Alaska Airlines B737-700 Repaint Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska Airlines B737-700 Repaint Request

Hey!

I think all of us would like Alaska Airlines repaint for the 737-700!

It was not released with the initial release from PMDG.

But it would be nice to have repaints on both the Alaska Airlines Cargo and Pax version

Thank you in advance!
    Kim R Fjeldstad

Currently working on it 90s livery. Still have some things to figure out hopefully I can get it done before I leave tomorrow night. Otherwise might have to wait til next week sometime.
    Brian Thibodeaux
    B747-400/8 First Officer
    Typed MD-80, BE1900
    ATP, CFI, MEI
    My Liveries

Comment

I love these liveries.
      Attached Files
      Jeff Doerning - PANC : RPVM

Comment

I’m starting the Alaska fleet for the -700 tomorrow, stay tuned! Might be on twitch too! 😀
        Keizo Ono | Livery Painter

Comment

Originally posted by KJO View Post
          I’m starting the Alaska fleet for the -700 tomorrow, stay tuned! Might be on twitch too! 😀
          Lovelly!

All of them including the Cargo Versions or only PAX Versions?
          Kim R Fjeldstad

Comment

Originally posted by Airway88 View Post

Lovelly!

All of them including the Cargo Versions or only PAX Versions?
            I’ve gotten reference photos from an Alaska pilot for 627AS (BDSF). Should be pretty straight forward after I do the standard version first!

Cheers!

Comment

N627AS is done. Hoping Steve Dra gets a chance to look at them before I upload. N609AS is mostly done. I'm not exactly sure if I'm completely down with the Scarf logo. A bit blurred, will see if I can find another image of it.
              Also there is the issue of the PBR inaccuracies PMDG provided and might add to the airframe. Shadows the big item. I fixed the engine inlet on these.

Brian Thibodeaux
              B747-400/8 First Officer
              Typed MD-80, BE1900
              ATP, CFI, MEI
              My Liveries

Comment

Originally posted by thibodba57 View Post
                N627AS is done. Hoping Steve Dra gets a chance to look at them before I upload. N609AS is mostly done. I'm not exactly sure if I'm completely down with the Scarf logo. A bit blurred, will see if I can find another image of it.
                Also there is the issue of the PBR inaccuracies PMDG provided and might add to the airframe. Shadows the big item. I fixed the engine inlet on these.
                Can't look at them tonight...but if you send to me I can check them out tomorrow. They look pretty darn good in the pics.

Regards, Steve Dra
                Click here to download my paints

Comment

One last one as a possibility. Maybe for the adventurous type that want to fly some old Alaska 737-200 Combi flights in an NG. Or do the unthinkable PANC-PADU. I've done it, its possible if light enough. Legally I'm not sure if you could make work. Maybe if you came up with a fake 80% landing distance rule for Part 121 :-) If I finish this one up I'll be sure to put a custom GSX profile with it for the rear door only loading. Anyone that wants to make the current livery with the cargo door will be welcome to it also as it will work fine with a straight freighter as well. I just don't have the time to create the new livery and Keizo already has the template completely done.
                  Brian Thibodeaux
                  B747-400/8 First Officer
                  Typed MD-80, BE1900
                  ATP, CFI, MEI
                  My Liveries

Comment

• AlexFarmer
                    AlexFarmer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice work mate!

• Steve Dra
                    Steve Dra commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "Nice work mate!"

Meh.....its just "adequate".
                    Besides, he forgot the windows on the front half of the plane...not a bad attempt for a real pilot...and he speeled Alaskah worng!!!!
                    Oh....and during this time period...Nanook wore a mustache.....how could he have missed that?

• thibodba57
                    thibodba57 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oki, I think I like what I'm seeing minus the few artifacts over windows I can't do anything about. Dropped the winglets (still painted for those that want them) added the cargo door plate. Did my own custom shadows so when you decide to do a barrel roll you won't get a dark belly. Given the paints are only adequate it'll take Steve a month or so to want to even look at them. Might not be able to post them online for a bit. I'll take them with me on my trip just in case he gets to look at all three though and post to Avsim accordingly.
                    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...6bbeeef5_b.jpg
                    Last edited by thibodba57; 12Feb2020, 21:58.

Looking great Brian!
                  Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

One last one as a possibility. Maybe for the adventurous type that want to fly some old Alaska 737-200 Combi flights in an NG. Or do the unthinkable PANC-PADU. I've done it, its possible if light enough. Legally I'm not sure if you could make work. Maybe if you came up with a fake 80% landing distance rule for Part 121 :-) If I finish this one up I'll be sure to put a custom GSX profile with it for the rear door only loading. Anyone that wants to make the current livery with the cargo door will be welcome to it also as it will work fine with a straight freighter as well. I just don't have the time to create the new livery and Keizo already has the template completely done.
                    I'd love to grab an early copy of the combi if possible. looks great!
                    Alex Farmer A.K.A Goldstar Textures

Comment

• thibodba57
                      thibodba57 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Check PM in a min. Not gonna promise to much with it. But then again maybe I’m just being critical.

• AlexFarmer
                      AlexFarmer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks good mate, don't be too harsh haha

Evening everyone! Alaska Airlines (2016) for the PMDG NGXu 737-700BW is now available. Cheers, and Happy Flying! https://kjo.page.link/Alaska2016-700
                    ASA_737_THUMB.png

Comment

Originally posted by KJO View Post
                      Evening everyone! Alaska Airlines (2016) for the PMDG NGXu 737-700BW is now available. Cheers, and Happy Flying! https://kjo.page.link/Alaska2016-700
                      ASA_737_THUMB.png
                      Perfect!

Just need the Cargo Version as well and we are cleared for takeoff!
                      Kim R Fjeldstad

Comment

Cleared for takeoff! Alaska Air Cargo (2016) for the PMDG NGXu 737-700BW is now available. Features custom metallic maps, accurate cargo door, correct overwing exit markings, and more! https://kjo.page.link/AlaskaAirCargo-700
                        ASA_CARGO_THUMB.png

Comment

• Steve Dra
                          Steve Dra commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Very nicely done Keizo! Hope Alaska fans are appreciating all the work you and Brian are doing to bring them paints.

All four of my variants of the -700 are uploaded to Avsim at this time. Just waiting on approval from the admins. Did one last one just for funs. Link to my downloads are in my signature!

Brian Thibodeaux
                        B747-400/8 First Officer
                        Typed MD-80, BE1900
                        ATP, CFI, MEI
                        My Liveries

Comment

All four of my variants of the -700 are uploaded to Avsim at this time. Just waiting on approval from the admins. Did one last one just for funs. Link to my downloads are in my signature!
                          Looks great Brian! I'm stealing that cargo door for my C40. 😉
                          Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

Working...
                          X