Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

The Baby Boeing is in the Paint Shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Baby Boeing is in the Paint Shop!

The Beta Team painters just got the green light to start showing you some of the paints we're working on.
    Along with the beautiful Air Transat "Welcome" livery I'm doing and just showed a preview of in the Air Transat post,
    I'm also doing this gorgeous livery:
    JOZ3N7.jpg
    Regards, Steve Dra
    Click here to download my paints

😮😮😮 Yeah 700!!! Great, thanks!
    Regards from Cologne,
    Tobi

Comment

Originally posted by mighty747 View Post
      😮😮😮 Yeah 700!!! Great, thanks!
      Yeah I like the 700 the best out of all the 737s.
      Making progress on this very tricky (but beautiful) paint:
      XTloXj.png
      Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

Can't wait! The -700 is also my favorite 737.
        Brett Jones

Commercial ASEL, AMEL, CFI

Comment

Left side of KLM is done....she'll be ready for the release.
          AZaWuY.jpg

TTLMhW.jpg
          Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

• Michael Codd
            Michael Codd commented
            Editing a comment
            Very, VERY nice, Steve!

Can’t wait for the release!
          Regards from Cologne,
          Tobi

Comment

Do you think we get a BBJ livery with the release?
            Regards from Cologne,
            Tobi

Comment

Originally posted by mighty747 View Post
              Do you think we get a BBJ livery with the release?
              Couldn't answer even if I knew....I'm just a painter.

However on the KLM repaint front....working out the final blue color now...Think I'm liking this one (the tail has the older blue which I think was too dark...funny thing its the actual KLM color...but in flightsim you have to adjust for a lot of things...and sadly it won't look the same on everyone's PC...like if you have HDR on...what monitor settings...etc. But I can tell you it looks perfect on my PC!)

sCyGIq.jpg
              Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

The new blue is better
                Regards from Cologne,
                Tobi

Comment

No BBJ but something for your list of -700 paints😀

VP-BBT Ford Air
                  https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/204330
                  Regards from Cologne,
                  Tobi

Comment

Hey, my home airline!

Looking at my logs, I think I've only flown the BGF of the 700s, though that feels like it's not complete (I'm fairly sure I've flown at least once a 700 between Paris and Amsterdam...).
                    This was also on the day of their 100th birthday and on the route of their first flight (LON-AMS).

FWIW with regards to the blue - I think they did actually change the paint to a lighter tone. Either that, or the paint ages towards darker hue. Definitely it feels like the light blue is representative of the real aircraft with the new scheme, but the back seems like the older ones....
                    --Peter Fabian
                    RTFM.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Fabo.sk View Post
                      Hey, my home airline!

Looking at my logs, I think I've only flown the BGF of the 700s, though that feels like it's not complete (I'm fairly sure I've flown at least once a 700 between Paris and Amsterdam...).
                      This was also on the day of their 100th birthday and on the route of their first flight (LON-AMS).

FWIW with regards to the blue - I think they did actually change the paint to a lighter tone. Either that, or the paint ages towards darker hue. Definitely it feels like the light blue is representative of the real aircraft with the new scheme, but the back seems like the older ones....
                      Hey Peter,
                      Glad I can paint your hometown airline...it's one of my favorites!
                      Thanks for the info on the blue....interesting theory about the fading and color change....mine may go through a few more iterations before I settle on one that looks good to me.

I'm not completely set on the registration for this one....so if you want something other than PH-BGL...I'll let you choose. Just let me know which one you'd like to see...and if you want it with the 100th stickers on it or not. (I don't want to do the newest livery just yet...I know other painters are on that one.)

In the mean time....I had lemon merange (sp?) pie for dessert tonight...and got to thinking....

bGAtsp.jpg
                      Its too bad red shows up so horrible after jpeg compression...the red text is really gorgeous in the sim....I promise!
                      Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

Hi Steve ,
                        Love the paints it's a shame D-AHXC has gone to Southwest now

Comment

Originally posted by paolo View Post
                          Hi Steve ,
                          Love the paints it's a shame D-AHXC has gone to Southwest now
                          Good means I’ll paint it lol
                          Weston Hall

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Dra View Post

Hey Peter,
                            Glad I can paint your hometown airline...it's one of my favorites!
                            Thanks for the info on the blue....interesting theory about the fading and color change....mine may go through a few more iterations before I settle on one that looks good to me.

I'm not completely set on the registration for this one....so if you want something other than PH-BGL...I'll let you choose. Just let me know which one you'd like to see...and if you want it with the 100th stickers on it or not. (I don't want to do the newest livery just yet...I know other painters are on that one.)

Ah, well, the BGF is in the new one. I'l scourge the archives to try and figure out if I did fly more of them
                            --Peter Fabian
                            RTFM.jpg

Comment

So yeah, found my 700s BGD, which is in the new scheme, and BGU, which is in the old one.

I wouldn't mind having BGU both with and without the 100 years stickers... it does have them, but didn't at time I flew it...
                              --Peter Fabian
                              RTFM.jpg

Comment

Antenna work (Stripes...arrgh!!) And red "HOT" drain ports.
                                E8RDeI.jpg
                                Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

Originally posted by Fabo.sk View Post
                                  So yeah, found my 700s BGD, which is in the new scheme, and BGU, which is in the old one.

I wouldn't mind having BGU both with and without the 100 years stickers... it does have them, but didn't at time I flew it...
                                  You must be Cuckoo to think I'd paint PH-BGU!
                                  8oEyOe.jpg

Hehe....I crack myself up sometimes.
                                  What I'll do is include the texture map that will remove the 100 in the file. When you want to fly the non 100....just backup the original file and rename the included "100" file to the one you backed up...very simple and you get 2 paints for one.
                                  Interesting painting note: This particular paint is easy to do this trick on because the "100"s fall on one map....had the 100s been where the KLM text sits....I'd need to include 2 maps. That can get messy so I generally don't do it if it involves multiple maps...but this one was easy.
                                  JSe0cb.jpg

Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

I was pondering what to take out for a spin tonight, and look what tickled my fancy...

2020-1-21_18-17-36-299.jpg

2020-1-21_18-0-33-634.jpg

She looks stunning and will be just the magic carpet for a Spijkerboor Departure or Arrival.

The 700 Series Der Dutchman flies- "Het is goed om een Nederlander te zijn in Nederland"

Ta Steve- C
                                    Last edited by cavaricooper; 22Jan2020, 00:26.
                                    Best- Carl Avari-Cooper

Comment

Working...
                                    X