Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Cheesy Simulations' liveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheesy Simulations' liveries

Fellow simmers, painters and PMDG Team,

Congratulations to your new forum!
    A big thank you to PMDG for working out the EULA addendum back in 2017 and allowing me to share my liveries.

So what have I been doing the past 2 years?
    I haven't released much, yet.

I started working on my first PMDG repaint back in early 2017.
    Polar Air Cargo (N498MC) livery requested by an Altas Air/Polar Air Cargo pilot.
    Besides flying this dirty lady at his job on a regular basis, he requested it for his desktop at home, too.

31309830637_9f772bbd13_o.jpg45525168004_5e7d20eaa9_o.jpg31309829617_a1ece27259_o.jpg45525166914_7482dd34f0_o.jpg45336015325_0f620cc52f_o.jpg

Following the 744F I got my hands to the 777F.
    Same as the 744F I got these requested by an actual Lufthansa Cargo pilot.

The full set of screenshots is available on my Flickr.

So what did I do?
    I mostly changed the exterior and interior appearance of those aircraft to be as close to the original as possible!
    I've added custom dirt, decals, markings, rip-stop doublers and many other details including new bump and specular maps.

Currently in the paint hangar are:
    747-400 - Atlas Air - N464MC and N465MC (in cooperation with my Atlas Air pilot)
    747-400 - Lufthansa (in cooperation with a Lufthansa pilot)
    747-400BCF - Global SuperTanker - N744ST (in cooperation with the Global SuperTanker LLC)
    747-8i - Lufthansa (in cooperation with a Lufthansa pilot)
    777F - Lufthansa Cargo - D-ALFF and fleet update (in cooperation with a Lufthansa Pilot

Last but not least: Where to get my liveries?
    I'm hosting my liveries at my Google Drive as it is easier compared to Avsim to manage updates.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...NU?usp=sharing
    Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Great Job on the Polar 744F. That is one of the aircraft I fly every week. Looking forward to more.
    Al Stallbaumer
    WestWind Airlines

Comment

Daniel,

I tried to email you today in response to the email you sent to us back in October. It bounced and said the account was invalid. Shoot me a PM with a valid email addy? I have something for you.

Robert S. Randazzo
      PMDG Simulations
      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grapeno1 View Post
        Great Job on the Polar 744F. That is one of the aircraft I fly every week. Looking forward to more.
        Thank you Al, took me around 5 months to paint that Polar Air livery.
        I'm already working on some other liveries, but adding a ridiculous amount of details is pretty time-consuming.

Started with updating my Lufthansa 777F fleet followed by their 747-400 fleet (not sure about doing all of them)
        Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

Experimenting with PBR, its channels and DIRT, much DIRRRT - You can now finally FEEL the DIRT!
          YOU CAN FEEL IT!

It's pretty awesome finally being able to create dull parts of dirt or whatever on your liveries with no reflection at all or just a tiny little bit.

Enough excitement - let the screenshots speak:

33477195358_4af14a05b6_o.jpg

32411381897_51c1c82205_o.jpg

33477195228_812994236c_o.jpg
          Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

Holy....get that plane washed, man. In all seriousness, though, nice work.
            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Great job Daniel, like the way the ‘dirt, grease and particle deposits’ look with PBR. Lots of character and history in that livery.
              Cheers

Comment

Now THAT is what I was thinking about! Incredible Daniel, and well done!

I have a particular N419MC in my hanger with delaminations, oxidation, and a patchwork paint job. The patches really contrast with the original paint on the skin as far as shiny-ness goes(Sadly, she was repainted in September/October). Also Some UPS paints with some paint fade/oxidation. ~sigh~ Painting takes just SO much time away from flying...
                Curtis Smith

KSUS/1H0

Comment

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your feedback!
                  I'm reworking some dirt areas while updating it to work with PBR, hopefully I can get it done by the weekend. Not sure about it yet, as there is plenty to do!

I'm trying to get N465MC ready, too.
                  Someone here can help me out with the Japan Airlines white yoke checklist?
                  I tried to figure out most of it, but I'm not sure if I got everything right...
                  Yoke_checklist.JPG

Some "used" Lufthansa 747-400 will follow after I'm done with my Polar/Atlas liveries
                  Got plenty of reference material eagerly waiting to be used!
                  747.jpg
                  Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

I'm thinking the third line of the descent checklist is supposed to say VREF and Set. It actually almost looks like all four lines on the right say Set.
                    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Thanks for the Polar repaint, I love the weathering detail and the wear in the cockpit.
                      Steve Weeks

Comment

Plus one for the Polar repaint Excellent weathering both inside and out, great work Daniel !
                        Neil Burgess - EGCC

Comment

Thank you Steve and Neil,

It was quite a long journey to make it look the way it looks, roughly 5 months of reworking the base paintkit, creating new speculars, bumps, a lot of dirt...

The Polar Air PBR update will "soon" be available, it's pretty close!
                          PMDG_747-400F_PolarAir_N498MC_PBR_preview04.jpg

A small teaser on what will be coming sometime this year, that's the plan... besides Lufthansa, Atlas Air and the SuperTanker
                          Whoops, did I just mention a custom created N744ST Global SuperTanker livery? Just ignore what I last said.

Oh, look what we got here: Cargolux!
                          tail_ksfo.png
                          Last edited by cheesysims; 18Mar2019, 00:42.
                          Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

Awsome job mate keep up the good work
                            Cheers....... Ray Ellis YSSY

Comment

Amazing work, Daniel, been a fan of your Polar 747, could you also please consider doing Silkway Cargo 748 one day ? Thanks
                              Alexis Nguyen

Comment

Thank you Ray and Khoa! I'm not sure about the Silkway one yet...

If you fancy the new PBR look on the 747 as much as I do, you can now grab my updated Polar Air Cargo livery here: https://goo.gl/iv8Haf

Beware, she is a dirty one

33477195358_4af14a05b6_o.jpg47437683961_62378fba7d_o.jpg47437683671_b0b1ac565b_o.jpg46522388805_808ce98e46_o.jpg
                                Last edited by cheesysims; 21Mar2019, 23:54.
                                Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

WOW , Thank you Daniel for this dirty Bird.

Florian Fermueller

Comment

Originally posted by Florian Fermueller View Post
                                    WOW , Thank you Daniel for this dirty Bird.
                                    Thanks Florian, have fun with the dirty queen

I updated the 777F a bit and added lots of details, dirt, the usual stuff you mostly don't recognize if you don't know it's there.

Uhm... yeah... soon...
                                    33574804578_9575b41f70_o.jpg
                                    Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

Besides the 777F I got another Lufthansa livery in the works.
                                      Can you spot the doublers?

46734238474_a4d1f3da87_o.jpg
                                      Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

I love the name, cheesy paints lmaos
                                        Alex Kulak
                                        PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Originally posted by Swaluver88 View Post
                                          I love the name, cheesy paints lmaos
                                          The name was chosen on purpose, there is a pun intended in English and German!

Some Atlas Air PAX 747-446 PBR previews, coming soon I think.

46835979324_71b800159a_o.jpg
                                          47506793472_b6bb35b2fa_o.jpg46644108545_5efbd8dfd5_o.jpg46835979224_b1a7c3d983_o.jpg47506793402_5a8bde7a83_o.jpg
                                          Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

Originally posted by cheesysims View Post

The name was chosen on purpose, there is a pun intended in English and German!

Some Atlas Air PAX 747-446 PBR previews, coming soon I think.

46835979324_71b800159a_o.jpg
                                            47506793472_b6bb35b2fa_o.jpg46644108545_5efbd8dfd5_o.jpg46835979224_b1a7c3d983_o.jpg47506793402_5a8bde7a83_o.jpg
                                            Whats the story?
                                            Alex Kulak
                                            PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

• Ausflyer
                                              Ausflyer commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Good Question !

• cheesysims
                                              cheesysims commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              1st: So if you take my name: Fürnkäß (intl. Fuernkaess, crazy German letters... I know) and translate it to English it would be someting like "Forthecheese"
                                              If you are familiar with the Franconian dialect you could say: "Des is doch für'n Käs! - für den Käse"

2nd: I think and really hope that my liveries are far away from being "cheesy" (cheap, poor quality) so that would be the 2nd pun... kind of

• Swaluver88
                                              Swaluver88 commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Dont worry your paints are awesome bro!

Great job Daniel! Do you have any expected date for PMDG 747-8 Lufthansa?
                                            Fabiano Souza

Comment

Originally posted by Fabiano.S View Post
                                              Great job Daniel! Do you have any expected date for PMDG 747-8 Lufthansa?
                                              The preview I posted earlier was from the -400 I'm currently working at (still waiting to get some photos of special areas).
                                              I previewed the -8 some time ago on my Facebook page, but I haven't continued as I'm waiting on reference material, too.

So to say... I have no idea, it will be available when it's finished I guess.
                                              It normally takes me around 2-6 months to finish a livery.
                                              Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

Great looking previews and thanks for the Polar Air Cargo in PBR.
                                                Steve Weeks

Comment

Originally posted by cheesysims View Post

The preview I posted earlier was from the -400 I'm currently working at (still waiting to get some photos of special areas).
                                                  I previewed the -8 some time ago on my Facebook page, but I haven't continued as I'm waiting on reference material, too.

So to say... I have no idea, it will be available when it's finished I guess.
                                                  It normally takes me around 2-6 months to finish a livery.
                                                  Thanks for answer Daniel. I follow your page on Facebook and loved your job. Congratulations and waiting anxious for B744 and B748 Lufthansa.
                                                  Fabiano Souza

Comment

Status Update:
                                                    Both my Lufthansa (D-ABVM and D-ABVO) and Atlas Air (N465MC) livery are progressing well!
                                                    I've added many custom details to the liveries already and more to follow.

My job is keeping me quite busy so time to paint is quite limited at the moment. You might have to wait a bit longer till those are available.

Hope you do like those 2 preview screenshots to bridge the time till those are done!

Max resolution screenshots are available on my flickr Account:
                                                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/cheesysimulations/

47617387082_0af6727d0a_o.jpg47617387052_b3dd8e45cd_o.jpg
                                                    Last edited by cheesysims; 22Apr2019, 20:16.
                                                    Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

If you wondered what I have been doing the past weeks, I just have been quite busy with my regular job so there wasn't much time for painting.

I started to rework the belly section of my 747's some time ago as I wasn't that happy with it.
                                                      Short to say I added new rivets, lines, reworked the bump mapping, add a couple of details, decals and markings here and there, etc.

Images of what I did will follow pretty soon if everything works out well. You can expect something similar like what I did for my Lufthansa Cargo 777F liveries

If you haven't already downloaded them you can grab my Lufthansa Cargo 777F here:
                                                      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y_...jDIbR1xw36kpiy
                                                      Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

Preview as promised
                                                        All the dirt and grain will be less blurred in the final version, it's just my reference for adding new hatches, lines and rivets.

47965374041_6b02e051f2_o.jpg
                                                        Cheers, Daniel Fürnkäß

Comment

Great job! Thank you for your paints. I hope that you can add more.
                                                          Regards.

Serhan

Comment

Working...
                                                          X