Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

PMDG JS4100 HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMDG JS4100 HELP PLEASE

Hi
    im knew to this forum and would love some help..im just doing type rating course for JS41 and for the past 12 months tried to get this aircraft working but failed every-time. i've raised tickets with PMDG and they failed to help also. just to add i have bought this product and had 2 license activation's given in view that it may have been this..
    so here goes, i have tried to install FSX to a new computer and this was the GOLD edition with the acceleration package included. successful install and then installed all updates if needed and then went on to install the model JS41. the installation went through without errors but i get no electrics. no efis,no levers but i can press switches which move and click and also autopilot button lights up green. aeroplane flies but you cannot operate anything as its all dead...ive ytried loading it to P3D but exactly same errors...also tried the DLL mod which PMDG gave...no different..
    can anyone shed light on this as its pulled my hair out for a year or so
    regards simon
    Simon Corish

Sounds like the product isn't activated. Note it doesn't officially support steam edition FSX, only boxed. Try reinstalling with admin priviledges and see if it pop ups asking for a serial when you first load it
    Chris Liu, proud supporter of Intercity Airways, visit www.ViaIntercity.com

Comment

Hi
      thanks for the reply.
      when i first installed it i activated using the key provided and it said successful. the problem has been there since this point so i have done a full uninstall as described and re installed again. this time it never asked me to activate and the problem still exists.
      here's what i did next, i contacted support and asked for a new activation key to see if this was the issue but i cannot deactivate due to the FMS not being active. this is the usual method for deactivating, whether its the same on the JS41 as the 737NG or 747 QOTS then i don't know but i cant deactivate to try the new key. i have read about the registry trick somewhere but cannot find that method either...im stuck all ways..
      would love help in getting this sorted as im just doing type rating as we speak
      regards simon
      Simon Corish

Comment

The problem could be that the Flexnet license service has been stopped. Press Windows start and type 'services' then select the Services App. Scan down to FlexNet and make sure it's running and it starts automatically. Hope this helps.

Did I understand you to say you already have a support ticket on this?? They are not going to issue you a new key so what did they advise?
        Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

Hi Dan
          thanks for all the advise your giving. the flexnet must be running because i fly the 737 that pmdg do and the 747 that i have from them so it must be running however i will check what you said. yes also they give me a new key and was very very helpful in trying to resolve my issues. they give up in the end because they couldnt help anymore.
          they advised me to re install FSX which i did, reinstall the jetstream, do the FSUIPC simconnect install, this has been done many times, also they give me a new DLL file to replace the original (js41.3.dll rings a bell but don't quote me) and then a new key which i cant activate because theres no window to insert it. i want to know and there is a way how to go into registry to remove the entry that has the key. there is a way as ive searched before and done it...if this is done i can put in the new key and try it...also the key has a lot of letters and numbers and it starts with JS41- do i put the full line in or do i put in the numbers and letters after JS41-?
          sorry for the lengthy message but cant get to the bottom of this and i see others have managed it even on P3D so somethings a miss on my setup and this has been going on for 12-18 months
          kind regards simon
          Simon Corish

Comment

• DDowns
            DDowns commented
            Editing a comment
            If PMDG support 'gave up' on you then I suspect there is a communications problem...they simply don't give up.

It has been a while since i had the JS41 installed due to the move to p3dv4, but what dll mod are you referring to?
          Nick Silver
          https://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Comment

Well ive come to a stumbling point now and still no result..im trying to get PMDG JS41 running and failing all the time...heres what ive done so far, please advice me if ive made mistakes

bought and installed FSX deluxe version with addon accel pack. fully installed on W7 32bit computer..bought the JS41 disc version and loaded that. now when i open the FSX game and navigate to JS41 i expect it to open a window to enter activation code but nothing comes up,all that happens is the game crashes to desktop.....this is getting a joke now as ive gone through every channel to make this work....tried different ways to install, installed as admin, done it with W10 64 bit, W7 64/32 bit bought it TWICE from PMDG as download with 2 different keys and now the boxed versions..
            nothing can make his work on any computer and i know it works because youtube shows videos of it working....what the hell is up, can anyone help..,

does anyone know how to take out the activation code from the registry, i know uninstalling normally woks but ive tried this many times and never succeeded...there is somewhere in the registry and its simple because i have once done it to unregister the license. i just cant remember
            please could someone shed some light on my troubles
            regards simon
            Simon Corish

Comment

If PMDG is looking at this post could you explain to me why after buying this PRODUCT 2 times from you and 1 BOXED VERSION from ebay it wont activate. please can you support your products in the way they should be supported. tickets i have submitted didnt get resolved and someone knows how to deactivate and reactivate this product...
              in the other models like 737NGX or 747 you can unregister within the CDU (assuming its working) but JS4100 isnt working and the license i think is the issue...WHERE IN THE REGISTRY DOES IT STORE IT so i can delete the entry...
              as a point of interest i am a massive FAN and user of PMDG aircraft so no winging at all,i absolutley love your product i just need help with this aircraft please and theres no one else i can urn to
              regards simon
              Simon Corish

Comment

Originally posted by simon737 View Post
                If PMDG is looking at this post could you explain to me why after buying this PRODUCT 2 times from you and 1 BOXED VERSION from ebay it wont activate. please can you support your products in the way they should be supported. tickets i have submitted didnt get resolved and someone knows how to deactivate and reactivate this product...
                in the other models like 737NGX or 747 you can unregister within the CDU (assuming its working) but JS4100 isnt working and the license i think is the issue...WHERE IN THE REGISTRY DOES IT STORE IT so i can delete the entry...
                as a point of interest i am a massive FAN and user of PMDG aircraft so no winging at all,i absolutley love your product i just need help with this aircraft please and theres no one else i can urn to
                regards simon
                Simon. I could not find any ticket from you at our ticketing system. If your JS41 reached max activations the only way to restore the license is via ticket and will do it manually, JS41 does not has a way to deactivate from the plane. There is no registry entry and you can not remove the license manually.
                Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                PMDG Technical Support
                http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Hello
                  thanks for the reply first of all. activation has been impossible from the start because the activation window does not appear on the screen. i have tried many times and am now at a point of not knowing where to go next...why doesnt the window come up asking for activation. there has been discussions with your develop team back in the past and they couldnt help me get this resolved so i give up for the time been, however i have started a new job on the jetstream 4100 and am desperate to get this working....
                  any help is appreciated by the way
                  simon corish
                  Simon Corish

Comment

Originally posted by simon737 View Post
                    Hello
                    thanks for the reply first of all. activation has been impossible from the start because the activation window does not appear on the screen. i have tried many times and am now at a point of not knowing where to go next...why doesnt the window come up asking for activation. there has been discussions with your develop team back in the past and they couldnt help me get this resolved so i give up for the time been, however i have started a new job on the jetstream 4100 and am desperate to get this working....
                    any help is appreciated by the way
                    simon corish
                    Simon,

If this has been discussed with the development team in the past and there was no solution not sure what more we can offer. It might be something locally on your computer not allowing it to activate. Without logs guessing is what I can do only. But as I wrote if this was discussed with the development team...
                    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                    PMDG Technical Support
                    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Working...
                    X