Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Is GFO ever going to be released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is GFO ever going to be released

Is the GFO ever going to be released?

Matt Stenhouse
    Matt Stenhouse

Nah, let's keep it exclusive
    Anton Vind
    CPU: i9-9900K, GPU: RTX 2080 SUPER, RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz, Drives: 2 TB SSD

Comment

That's what it feels like
      Matt Stenhouse

Comment

Its in the calendar according to rsrandazzo
        Alex Kulak
        PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Yup. A go-live date has been set.
          Anton Vind
          CPU: i9-9900K, GPU: RTX 2080 SUPER, RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz, Drives: 2 TB SSD

Comment

Fake hype
            Christian Mbeumo

Comment

Without breaking the NDA, is it definitely going to be before Christmas?
              Craig Norman

Comment

We haven’t been told what the go-live date is. We’re in the same boat as everyone else wondering when it is.
                James Ward

Comment

Originally posted by HighFlier View Post
                  We haven’t been told what the go-live date is. We’re in the same boat as everyone else wondering when it is.
                  We're so excited!
                  Craig Norman

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Stenhouse View Post
                    Is the GFO ever going to be released?
                    Matt Stenhouse
                    Oh ye of little faith, Matt!
                    In my younger days, whenever I asked my parents or Uncle searching questions like yours, they would just grin at each other with a rather annoying 'knowing look' and say to me "Patience is a virtue. All good things come to those who wait". As you can imagine, it would sometimes drive me mad! LOL

Rumour has it that only RSR has a key to his airfield office. Apparently this is where his PMDG planning calendar sits and I believe it is closely guarded by his best friend and bodyguard called Solo. 😉

BTW, do you have a family relative whose first name is Elliott by any chance?
                    Michael Codd

Comment

• Matthew Stenhouse
                      Matthew Stenhouse commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My Father inlaw was called Elliot he passed away many years ago.

• rsrandazzo
                      rsrandazzo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is indeed true. I am the only one with the key to the office out at the airfield, and I do indeed have the master calendar for many things on a whiteboard out there. But don't tell anyone. - RSR

Well Matt,

I‘d like to send you over to the official MSFS forum to have a glimpse how a forum looks like when large projects get released prematurely... :P

don‘t worry, it progresses and is definitely actively worked on ^^ and I am sure it will be released eventually ^^
                    i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                    Marc Ehnle

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                      rsrandazzo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Matt- OUCH. Too freaking true and too freaking funny. -RSR

I guess that delays could be for:

- PMDG aircraft further development to support GFO and other new functions
                    - 3rd party aircraft developments for GFO still in process
                    - the current GFO fleet of 860 aircraft may not be complete
                    - GFO additional function development may still be on-going
                    - accommodating 3rd party aircraft changes for GFO
                    - regression testing

But then, what do I know?
                    Cheers, Richard McDonald Woods
                    i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz, Win10, P3Dv5

Comment

Originally posted by RichardMcDonaldWoods View Post

- 3rd party aircraft developments for GFO still in process
                      - GFO additional function development may still be on-going
                      - regression testing

As far as I can tell, it's mainly putting on the finishing touches, and of course updating the 777, but then there's also the ARINC LNAV/VNAV logic update, though I don't know if that'll come before or after GFO and the 777 update.
                      Craig Norman

Comment

Originally posted by RichardMcDonaldWoods View Post

Now imagine my dream coming true and PMDG makes the Jetstream compatible as they have soooo much leasure time now since MSFS has been parked... And imagine the Maddog.. aahhh dreams, dreams...
                        i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                        Marc Ehnle

Comment

• Michael Codd
                          Michael Codd commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nothing wrong with dreaming, Marc. Sometimes they can even make miracles happen! If you think back to Gene Roddenberry's idea for a Startrek communicator and today's mobile phone, who knows what your dreams or somebody else's bright idea might lead to in the future?!

• Ephedrin
                          Ephedrin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lol Michael, have you seen Star Trek Discovery? That laaarge Starfleet logo in the sand? Replace it by an apple 😂

As with all things PMDG when those of us in Beta test get our little mitts on things we start breaking things. The more we break the more devs have to fix. Right now it's sort of simple. It's only has to be tested with 2 versions of P3D, 21 separate variants of the 737, and 9 different variants of the 747. Plus all the other moving parts involved in the sim.

DON'T READ ANYTHING INTO THOSE NUMBERS NDA IN PLACE.

It's being worked on. We break it now so there is less for you to break when it goes live.
                        Charles Harris KRTS The Valley of Speed
                        ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, Ryzen 3700X, 1TB 970 Neo M2,1TB SSD, RX 5700XT 8GB, 32GB DDR4 3200

Comment

Charles,

So... Using your reasoning... If we just get rid of all the beta testers, then it won't break!

<Begins sharpening the sword>

Robert S. Randazzo
                          PMDG Simulations
                          http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• mats0916
                            mats0916 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah. That is right... And then to get rid of all the users... 😁😁😁

*putting on coat of mail*
                            Last edited by mats0916; 12Nov2020, 08:33.

• Michael Codd
                            Michael Codd commented
                            Editing a comment
                            At least you will still have your loyal Development and Tech team members around to break it!

• Snowfalcon
                            Snowfalcon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Scary thing is Rob knows where I live...

I can't wait to find out what GFO... is...
                          Alex Pugh

Comment

• BrunoT
                            BrunoT commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Do you think PMDG could model the Nebuchadnezzar ?

• Swaluver88
                            Swaluver88 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That is a first. Depends on what platform. Like a video game? I could possibly model him in IW4 or unreal engine and put him in a RTX sandbox

• Ephedrin
                            Ephedrin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            An EMP now and then
                        Working...
                        X