Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

i just cant wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANorm91
    replied
    Methinks there'll be an intermission to let the crew recover after all that hard work on the 777 update and -200ER expansion, then full steam ahead on GFO. As the next CTP will be on the 24th of April, that should leave plenty of time, assuming that all goes well with the development and finishing. I hope it'll be out before then.

Leave a comment:

• Tbarker1989
    replied
    I like how most of the people chatting in here are beta testers for GFO. lol! I am as excited as you guys are but I do not have anything to go off of besides you guys.

Leave a comment:

• CANorm91
    replied
    Seconded!

It's about time more progress on GFO is made, so I'd expect energies to become more focused on that in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by CANorm91; 27Feb2021, 11:30.

Leave a comment:

• VoyagerP3D
    replied
    It's time to bringing this train back on track😏
    Some previews please rsrandazzo 😀

Leave a comment:

• Ephedrin
    replied
    I still hope for a DC-3 ^^

Leave a comment:

• CANorm91
    replied
    Originally posted by APJR View Post

I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if this was the case but I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if we got more detailed information about GFO around the same time as the 777 update though.

Aidan Rogers
    Well, Robert did hint at a megalodon of surprises, so you never know that it might be true.

Leave a comment:

• VoyagerP3D
    replied
    Sometimes long waiting time can lead to dream

Leave a comment:

• APJR
    replied
    Originally posted by VoyagerP3D View Post

few days ahead.. I am smelling a triple release on the same day: 777 Update, 777-200ER and GFO
    I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if this was the case but I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if we got more detailed information about GFO around the same time as the 777 update though.

Aidan Rogers

Leave a comment:

• VoyagerP3D
    replied
    Originally posted by CANorm91 View Post
    It ended up merging with the hype train of the 777-200ER.
    few days ahead.. I am smelling a triple release on the same day: 777 Update, 777-200ER and GFO

Leave a comment:

• CANorm91
    replied
    Originally posted by VoyagerP3D View Post
    it seems as if the hype train has made a full stop braking
    It ended up merging with the hype train of the 777-200ER.

Leave a comment:

• VoyagerP3D
    replied
    it seems as if the hype train has made a full stop braking

Leave a comment:

• BrunoT
    replied
    Happy new year to every one !

And may the coming days give us what we all want.
    I miss Acars request so much, especially on 737.
    Maybe Robert is preparing for us the big news for this Sunday ?
    I really can't wait.

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• Swaluver88
    replied
    Originally posted by ProPilot85140 View Post
    If my suspicions are correct about how this will bring continuity to the sim, this is going to be a blast. MELs might become a thing, and y’all are going to have fun with that, I promise.
    Hahahahahaha you will see

Leave a comment:

• ProPilot85140
    replied
    If my suspicions are correct about how this will bring continuity to the sim, this is going to be a blast. MELs might become a thing, and y’all are going to have fun with that, I promise.

Leave a comment:

• Ephedrin
    replied
    Originally posted by Swaluver88 View Post

As a beta tester for it im telling you that it will be well worth it. And thats all I'm gonna say. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions
    I‘m pretty sure there will be some people who won‘t like it just for the reason not to like it. ^^ those who don‘t like it because it simply doesn‘t appeal them won‘t care much and just move on ^^

Leave a comment:

• Swaluver88
    replied
    Originally posted by AirBadger View Post

I'm being facetious because people are pointing to an hour-long PowerPoint presentation recorded on a phone in a hotel conference room over two years ago as a reason to get hyped over this product that PMDG has said has changed significantly during that time.
    As a beta tester for it im telling you that it will be well worth it. And thats all I'm gonna say. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions

Leave a comment:

• AirBadger
    replied

Entitled to your opinion man, but yeah, there literally is a huge presentation about it done by RSR.
    I'm being facetious because people are pointing to an hour-long PowerPoint presentation recorded on a phone in a hotel conference room over two years ago as a reason to get hyped over this product that PMDG has said has changed significantly during that time.

Leave a comment:

• ProPilot85140
    replied

Disagree. We don’t event know what this is or why we should want it lmao.
    Entitled to your opinion man, but yeah, there literally is a huge presentation about it done by RSR.

Leave a comment:

• Anton Vind
    replied

Well there’s a 30 minute long presentation of it on YT, so that gives a pretty good impression about what it is...

Leave a comment:

• AirBadger
    replied
    Quoting Killick again "It's ready...when it's ready".

Rob's done a fantastic job keeping everyone up to date.

Leave a comment:

• ProPilot85140
    replied
    Quoting Killick again "It's ready...when it's ready".

Rob's done a fantastic job keeping everyone up to date.

Leave a comment:

• VoyagerP3D
    replied
    Originally posted by Anton Vind View Post
    Well back in 2019 it also said 2019 on the website, which was then changed to 2020 as 2019 came to an end.

In my opinion it should just say on the website: "when PMDG GFO is made live" instead of "when PMDG GFO is made live in late 2020!"

It is never a good idea to mention a release date/year, which PMDG is usually good at.
    assuming that it will be ever released

Until then I wish you all a happy new year 2021. Stay save

Leave a comment:

• Anton Vind
    replied
    Well back in 2019 it also said 2019 on the website, which was then changed to 2020 as 2019 came to an end.

In my opinion it should just say on the website: "when PMDG GFO is made live" instead of "when PMDG GFO is made live in late 2020!"

It is never a good idea to mention a release date/year, which PMDG is usually good at not doing.
    Last edited by Anton Vind; 31Dec2020, 01:00.

Leave a comment:

• Swaluver88
    replied
    I personally believe that was an educated guess that slipped into the shops page.

Leave a comment:

• CANorm91
    replied
    Originally posted by RoDuSu View Post

That's fair, but we know that Craig is active on these forums so likely knew that GFO wouldn't be available by the end of the year. And for anyone that might have seen GFO mentioned on those product pages, I doubt that it being integrated would be one of the primary selling points influencing a buying decision.
    Anyone who's well clued-up would know that it's still taking time, but a casual customer who isn't familiar with the matter may still see the bullet point and think that "late 2020" is the case, when we know it's not.

Leave a comment:

• RoDuSu
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
    Actually, it is mentioned on all of the 737 product pages, so that's four product pages, with five that don't mention it. That being said, whilst those of us here on the forums knew it wouldn't be ready by then, if somebody casually stumbles across the page somehow, they might not.
    That's fair, but we know that Craig is active on these forums so likely knew that GFO wouldn't be available by the end of the year. And for anyone that might have seen GFO mentioned on those product pages, I doubt that it being integrated would be one of the primary selling points influencing a buying decision.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Kevin
    replied
    Originally posted by RoDuSu View Post
    One solitary mention on one product page, when there are another 8 product pages which don't mention it, suggests that's really just a case of clutching at straws. It was pretty clear that PMDG weren't going to have it ready by the end of 2020, just from the limited news about it.
    Actually, it is mentioned on all of the 737 product pages, so that's four product pages, with five that don't mention it. That being said, whilst those of us here on the forums knew it wouldn't be ready by then, if somebody casually stumbles across the page somehow, they might not.

Leave a comment:

• RoDuSu
    replied
    Well, that needs to be amended or otherwise it'll be false advertising. We're running out of 2020 and from what I can tell, the 777 update is still taking time. However, I do hope it'll be sometime in January.
    One solitary mention on one product page, when there are another 8 product pages which don't mention it, suggests that's really just a case of clutching at straws. It was pretty clear that PMDG weren't going to have it ready by the end of 2020, just from the limited news about it.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Kevin
    replied
    Originally posted by cmakris View Post
    Since when having an expected release date is a false advertisement? Especially for a product that A) Is not released B) No money have been taken
    It says on the 737 page "PMDG Global Flight Operations compatibility (when PMDG GFO is made live in late 2020!)". On that page, the wording of it doesn't indicate an expected release date for GFO, only that it will be made available in late 2020. It would be a different story if it said "when PMDG GFO is anticipated to be live in late 2020".

Leave a comment:

• cmakris
    replied
    Well, that needs to be amended or otherwise it'll be false advertising. We're running out of 2020 and from what I can tell, the 777 update is still taking time. However, I do hope it'll be sometime in January.
    Since when having an expected release date is a false advertisement? Especially for a product that A) Is not released B) No money have been taken

Leave a comment:

Working...
X