Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Its PMDGs turn to do something for the DC-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its PMDGs turn to do something for the DC-6

Hello all,
    I guess everybody got the news of the new Working Title GNS430 and the new autopilot system that comes with it.

Now because the PMDG dc-6 doesnt have the standart GNS430 screen resolution, the screen oesnt utilize the entire display. So it looks like this:
    image.png

To manually adjust this you can go to “Community\pmdg-aircraft-dc6\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG DC-6A\panel” and “Community\pmdg-aircraft-dc6\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG DC-6B\panel”

edit the [VCockpit08] section of the panel.cfg file in both directories like this:
    HTML Code:
     [VCockpit08]
    size_mm=350,190
    pixel_size=350,190
    texture=AS430_Screen
    background_color=0,0,0

htmlgauge00=NavSystems/GPS/AS430/AS430.html, 0,0,350,190
    I havent tried this tho. Bu then one issue still exits: The trim wheel doesnt work. And thats because PMDG uses the Asobo autopilot which has been replaced by the Working Title one. This results in the pitch wheel not working. The rest works better than before. So all the bugs of the Asobo autopilot have been fixed, but PMDG is not compatible with the new one yet.

If you try to engage the autopilot, internally, the WT ap sets vertical speed mode. And that cannot be changed using the pitch wheel. So moving the pitch wheel is gonna make the pitch trim move. but then its bugging back.

So Id say PMDG should take a look at what they can do to make their plane compatible with a very, very good enhancement to the standart or pms gns 430.​​

Cheers and to a better future
    Tim Geier
    Last edited by TB500; 19Nov2022, 12:09.

Known Issues with the WT 430 and AP trim wheel, at least two tickets have been turned into support.

Comment

Considering it's been almost six months since the Oscillation in cruise bug was reported and nothing's been done about it I wouldn't hold your breath.
      Floyd Rigsby

Comment

Originally posted by Floydrix View Post
        Considering it's been almost six months since the Oscillation in cruise bug was reported and nothing's been done about it I wouldn't hold your breath.
        It's my understanding that this has been fixed by Asobo? Or did I understand that wrong?
        Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
        Marc Eland
        GFO Beta

Comment

There is a DC-6 update in the works and WT is doing great things with the default GPS… the old girl will get her needed attention very soon.
          Best- Carl Avari-Cooper

Comment

Oscillating right now between Hong Kong at Subic Bay RP. It's fine if you just use autogyro but if you wish to track VOR or GPS it oscillates.

Comment

The reason I have not been flying the DC-6 is because of the default GNS430 does not work correctly. I hope PMDG will support the WT GNS430?

Bill Clark
              Bill Clark
              Win10 Pro V-21H1//I5-8600K 5.0GHz//Nvidia RTX 3090//VRAM 24GB//HP Reverb G2
              RAM 32GB//2TB M2.NVMe//Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7//Corsair H115i

Comment

I‘ve always used the PMS50 mod which has improved the default version dramatically almost since release. No idea what WT have done now, I‘m a little reluctant to try it since I don‘t want to miss Atis etc.
                Marc Eland
                GFO Beta

Comment

• SaintBean95
                  SaintBean95 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Does the PMS mod works well with the DC6? I may install that until WT's version is supported

• Ephedrin
                  Ephedrin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No issues at all

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post
                I‘ve always used the PMS50 mod which has improved the default version dramatically almost since release. No idea what WT have done now, I‘m a little reluctant to try it since I don‘t want to miss Atis etc.
                If you think the PMS50 is an improvement you are gonna look forward to the Wt upgrade. Vector to final, holds are just some of the things along with a realistic startup and authentic GNS430 graphics that you will be looking forward for.

Comment

• Ephedrin
                  Ephedrin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That‘s all the things I don‘t use in the DC6, it‘s just nonsense to slave the DC6‘s stone age AP to GPS guidance and expect good and precise results. I fly these things manually and by raw data, not RNAV. I use the GPS for reference and terrain/traffic information and ATIS. All above the last thing is unlikely to ever work in the WT version since it‘s an external service. If it will I might switch over happily.

Originally posted by Floydrix View Post
                I would definetly hold my breath.for that. PMDG just implemented the Asobo autopilot and said they couldnt fix it as they didnt program it. Asobo was too lazy to fix it so they hired WT to do their dirty work. And thats working quite well. See ie. the G1000. Now they are taking on the GNS530 and GNS430 and the default autopilot.

All PMDG needs to do is link their pitch wheel to the WT autopilot and the thing is gonna work perfectly fine. Im testing that as we speak.

Additionally they could fix their screen resolution or you could use the tweak proposed by somebody on the MSFS forum and distributed by me above and youre good to go.

Comment

So as of now the DC6 doesn't play nice with WT's GNS 430/530? I usually dont use GPS but tonight I'm doing a group flight in the DC6 and having GPS will take some of the load off
                  Ben St Jean

Comment

Just want to say I flew the DC6 on a multi stop 3 hr flight using the PMS 530 and it worked fantastic. I don’t normally use GPS so I was pleasantly surprised. The ALT hold was even working great which is normally what struggles for me. Excited to see what PMDG has for the next update!
                    Ben St Jean

Comment

• Nunu195
                      Nunu195 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The PMS is a great mod for the Asobo GNS but it doesnt fix all of the bugs, especially the ones regarding to the flightplaner.
                      The WT one is super solid. You can add and remove Sids and Stars, remove waypoint etc. without screwing up the flightplan.
                      In addition it is way! more acurate to the reallife unit and has a lot more options and features. Also it will become the standard version in the sim like the G1000NXI did. So some point in the future pmdg will need make it compatible.

• SaintBean95
                      SaintBean95 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      thanks, I've heard good things about the WT 530/430 so looking forward to PMDG implementing it!
                      Last edited by SaintBean95; 21Nov2022, 02:40.

Originally posted by TB500 View Post
                    Im testing that as we speak.
                    It sounds like you are be able to make it compatible by yourself. Please tell me that is true!

Julian Achenbach

Comment

So far this is working for me with
                      WT430 V1.0.1

Needs more testing.

Use the DC-6 autopilot like you would normally would and use the basic MSFS AP controls for the VS INC /DEC instead of the wheel.

On my stream deck and with AAO's I have a generic AP for the planes I fly with that have the default AP..

VS inc (AP_VS_VAR_INC)
                      VS dec (AP_VS_VAR_DEC)

FSUPC and Spad.next would have the same commands

The same commands can be done from the keyboard, I don't think they are assigned by default.

The WT430 is a very nice upgrade. I just finished a 2:00 hr flight and not one oscillation and tracked the GPS course line almost perfectly.

I did one short VOR tracking test and had no problems.

It's not perfect but will work for me until PMDG can get the patch out.
                      The usual disclaimers apply

Comment

• Nunu195
                        Nunu195 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Do I understand this right:
                        You can controll the pitch of the plane with Vs inc / VS dec while having the gyropilot activated?

That would be amazing.

• TH454
                        TH454 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Julian
                        DC-6 Gyropilot engaged as you would normally do and a way to toggle VS speed mode and an VS INC/DEC for the MSFS default AP

• Nunu195
                        Nunu195 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are a hero!
                        It works, let's go flying gain!

Originally posted by TH454 View Post

Use the DC-6 autopilot like you would normally would and use the basic MSFS AP controls for the VS INC /DEC instead of the wheel.

On my stream deck and with AAO's I have a generic AP for the planes I fly with that have the default AP..

VS inc (AP_VS_VAR_INC)
                      VS dec (AP_VS_VAR_DEC)

The glide wheel doesn‘t set a vertical speed but only a pitch. VS depends on airspeed and power. Well, at least that‘s what it‘s supposed to do, apparently it hasn‘t worked since SU11 (I haven‘t flown the DC6 yet).
                      Marc Eland
                      GFO Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post

It's my understanding that this has been fixed by Asobo? Or did I understand that wrong?
                        It's still lurching back and forth unfortunately. The DC-6 is the only plane that exhibits this behaviour.

vomit comet.png

20221122184343_1.jpg20221122184357_1.jpg
                        Last edited by Floydrix; 22Nov2022, 19:54.
                        Floyd Rigsby

Comment

Originally posted by TH454 View Post
                          Known Issues with the WT 430 and AP trim wheel, at least two tickets have been turned into support.
                          Good afternoon. One of the DC-6 users helped me. If you remove wt gns430/530 from the materials manager, then everything becomes normal. I've already checked. The image has returned to the previous one and the vertical speed twirlers on autopilot work as they should. This is the best airplane in MSFS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eduard View Post

Good afternoon. One of the DC-6 users helped me. If you remove wt gns430/530 from the materials manager, then everything becomes normal. I've already checked. The image has returned to the previous one and the vertical speed twirlers on autopilot work as they should. This is the best airplane in MSFS!!!!
                            If you do this, does the aircraft oscillate in cruise when tracking a VOR/GPS waypoint?

-billy b

Comment

Originally posted by Geandily View Post

If you do this, does the aircraft oscillate in cruise when tracking a VOR/GPS waypoint?

-billy b
                              For me, the oscillation remains without WT430/530 installed.

-T Gordon
                              PHP Code:
                              <?
                              print(name("Gord0n,dot no mining dot Th0mas dot no mining dot R., Sr"));
                              ?>

Comment

Working...
                              X