Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Route following issue after the update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Route following issue after the update

After the June update, I am having constant route corrections by rolling left and right at GPS & Localizer route following mode as if the plane can never find its course. My plane never flies straight
    Cenk C.Demir

Originally posted by cenkcnk View Post
    After the June update, I am having constant route corrections by rolling left and right at GPS & Localizer route following mode as if the plane can never find its course. My plane never flies straight
    I haven't used the GPS yet, but mine oscillates mildly left and right coupled to the VOR. I don't think it did that before the model update in the Marketplace a few days ago.
    Dave Stanfill

Comment

Have you tried if the default aircraft like the C172 do that too?
      Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
      Marc Eland
      GFO Beta

Comment

no but tried with aerosoft twin otter and there was no problem
        Cenk C.Demir

Comment

Originally posted by cenkcnk View Post
          no but tried with aerosoft twin otter and there was no problem
          Same here. Flew from KBTL to KGYY smooth all the way.
          Frank Betts 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post
            Have you tried if the default aircraft like the C172 do that too?
            Yes, I have. The others don't do that, stock or addon, that I've noticed. I had a crash to desktop last night while on an approach, but I wasn't really close enough to the ground yet to tax the scenery rendering. First time for that. The oscillation may have been a bit more pronounced in closer prox to the VOR. I'm still a little new with the DC-6 and this autopilot. I love flying it, though. I just put it back in "heading hold" and it smooths right out. Hand flying it is more fun, though. Once you get the trim and power refined, it's like it's on rails.
            Dave Stanfill

Comment

Originally posted by Nashcat View Post

Yes, I have. The others don't do that, stock or addon, that I've noticed. I had a crash to desktop last night while on an approach, but I wasn't really close enough to the ground yet to tax the scenery rendering. First time for that. The oscillation may have been a bit more pronounced in closer prox to the VOR. I'm still a little new with the DC-6 and this autopilot. I love flying it, though. I just put it back in "heading hold" and it smooths right out. Hand flying it is more fun, though. Once you get the trim and power refined, it's like it's on rails.
              The CTD on approach or landing is a known bug from SU9 affecting all planes some of the time. I'd say chance of a CTD is between 1% and 5% each time you land nowadays. Hopefully Asobo figures that one out.

As for the oscillations, the DC-6 is the only airplane in MSFS that does this currently, so I don't think it is Asobo this time, unlike a year or two ago. when the 747 and others had that issue.

As for hand-flying the DC-6, yeah it's a really stable aircraft. Not really suited for sharp manouevers - frankly it handles like a pig. A very docile, slow pig, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought1906 View Post

As for hand-flying the DC-6, yeah it's a really stable aircraft. Not really suited for sharp manouevers - frankly it handles like a pig. A very docile, slow pig, LOL.
                Well, it was never intended to do aerobatics. 😜 Docile is what you want when you're hauling people, especially the POTUS.
                Dave Stanfill

Comment

Same issue here. Is there any way to revert to the previous version?

Dave

Comment

Same problem here, re installed the aircraft but problem remains. Other aircraft are not having this problem. I also fly the Piper Arrow of Just flight and it flies straight 'as an arrow'.

Comment

In a real auto pilot this happens when the gain of the course deviation error signal from the VOR/LOC/GPS is set too high in the autopilot's servo amplifier. I'm a 30+ yr avionics tech on Air Force transports, not a coder, but it seems this parameter in the model would be relatively simple to adjust.
                      Dave Stanfill

Comment

Came here to say that I am experiencing the same thing.
                        Joe Catino

Comment

Hello all, I too am experiencing this, and I have created a ticket which is under investigation. I will report back with the findings.
                          Fly safe!
                          -Alex Egeland

Comment

Yup it's like flying a Tea Clipper in a storm at the moment.
                            Floyd Rigsby

Comment

Yep, same for me....

In Gyropilot mode, works fine.
                              In Localizer mode, swinging left/right, with GPS in GPS mode or VLOC mode / without GPS following a VOR radial.
                              In Approach mode, no issues with ILS, works fine.

Lionel Gerardin

Comment

Just wanted to check in and let people know I didn't forget about this thread! Issue was intermittently reproduced and ticket is under further investigation. No additional information at this time.
                                Fly safe!
                                -Alex Egeland

Comment

thanks for the heads up
                                  Cenk C.Demir

Comment

So PMDG might understand the extent of the problem, just reporting I experience it too - it wasn’t always the case, so not sure which update I made that triggered it.

cheers

Nate Moore

Comment

Glad to hear this is being looked at. I am having the same issue. Banking 10 degrees left, 10 degrees right, 10 degrees left, continuously. I fought with it for a while thinking it was an aileron or rudder trim issue but now that I've read this thread, it appears to be something else.
                                      Michael Bromley
                                      i7-4790K, 32GB, RTX2080ti

Comment

I'm really hoping this gets fixed soon. I spent the last several days learning the aircraft, but this issue is really taking away from it's enjoyment for me. I know it's not going to make PMDG any money to fix this, but if they let this sort of thing fall by the wayside for months, it makes me question what they'll do with their other planes.

Eric Porter

Comment

Я присоединяюсь. Есть проблема!!

Comment

Sure would like to see a fix for this issue.
                                            Dave

Comment

I'm also struggling with the same issue - would love to see a fix.
                                              Anyone from the PMDG team able to comment?

Greg Palmer
                                              Greg Palmer
                                              X Plane Evangelist™

Comment

Originally posted by Airnews View Post
                                                I'm also struggling with the same issue - would love to see a fix.
                                                Anyone from the PMDG team able to comment?

Greg Palmer
                                                This is a user to user forum.... communications directly with PMDG is only through their support portal.
                                                Dan Downs KCRP
                                                i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

Comment

100% thanks Dan - just figured if anyone on the team was reading it they may be able to comment
                                                  Greg Palmer
                                                  X Plane Evangelist™

Comment

An update on this topic.
                                                    I inquired about my support ticket and received confirmation two days ago that the development team is investigating the cause. No further updates will be provided to the ticket. Rest assured they are working on it!
                                                    Fly safe!
                                                    -Alex Egeland

Comment

Working...
                                                    X