Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

DC-6 for MSFS build 2.0.41 is now available

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    DC-6 for MSFS build 2.0.41 is now available

    Hello, all. Today we've released version 2.0.41 of the DC-6 for MSFS. Customers who bought the aircraft directly from PMDG will see the update available in the Operations Center; customers who purchased in the MSFS Marketplace will soon have the update made available to them through that channel.

    The "beacon and nav lights are inoperative when loading at apron or gate" bug has been fixed.

    The autopilot parameters have been tuned for better behavior.

    The autopilot has been tweaked in an effort to improve altitude-hold behaviors.

    And finally, performance improvements.

    Thank you all, we hope you continue to enjoy the aircraft!
    Regards,
    Chris

    Chris Powell
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

    #2
    Thanks Chris. I should have waited for you to chime in about the patch notes, but the DC-6 is one of my absolute favourites and any update is always eagerly anticipated.
    Mark Record
    PMDG Products: DC-6 & 737-700

    Comment


      #3
      Great!

      Thank you
      Riccardo Perni

      Comment


        #4
        Do the ‘performance improvements’ mean I no longer have to fly it in dev mode with nano vg enabled?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by cbpowell View Post
          Hello, all. Today we've released version 2.0.41 of the DC-6 for MSFS. Customers who bought the aircraft directly from PMDG will see the update available in the Operations Center; customers who purchased in the MSFS Marketplace will soon have the update made available to them through that channel.

          The "beacon and nav lights are inoperative when loading at apron or gate" bug has been fixed.

          The autopilot parameters have been tuned for better behavior.

          The autopilot has been tweaked in an effort to improve altitude-hold behaviors.

          And finally, performance improvements.

          Thank you all, we hope you continue to enjoy the aircraft!
          Thanks for keeping the DC-6 relevant. Any chance we can get an update on where PMDG stands on exhaust smoke on start? It's still sorely needed.
          First Officer Boeing 777 - Xander Koote

          Comment


          #6
          Thank you Chris, really.
          Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
          Marc Eland
          GFO Beta

          Comment


            #7
            Originally posted by MD82 View Post

            Thanks for keeping the DC-6 relevant. Any chance we can get an update on where PMDG stands on exhaust smoke on start? It's still sorely needed.
            I'm afraid that while these effects are planned, they are currently unscheduled due to other tasking taking priority.
            Regards,
            Chris

            Chris Powell
            PMDG Simulations
            http://www.pmdg.com

            Comment


            #8
            Thank you Chris
            First Officer Boeing 777 - Xander Koote

            Comment


              #9
              Hi
              Just first flight in the new build and neither the BMEP or fuel pressure dials are working (needles are not moving)
              Not sure if its just me - but I am flying at 10,000 at 200
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mmaliniak; 03Jun2022, 19:01.
              Mark Maliniak
              Not a pilot from London.
              The new MSFS has brought me back to flight sim in a big way.

              Comment


                #10
                Originally posted by mmaliniak View Post
                Hi
                Just first flight in the new build and neither the BMEP or fuel pressure dials are working (needles are not moving)
                Not sure if its just me - but I am flying at 10,000 at 200
                Inverter 3 on or off? Check circuit breakers. These are AC instruments.
                Dan Downs KCRP
                i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

                Comment


                  #11
                  Originally posted by DDowns View Post

                  Inverter 3 on or off? Check circuit breakers. These are AC instruments.
                  So embarrassing - i forgot about the Engine Instrument switch!

                  Thank you - all working perfectly as as always love flying this old Lady.
                  Mark Maliniak
                  Not a pilot from London.
                  The new MSFS has brought me back to flight sim in a big way.

                  Comment


                    #12
                    Love it! Thanks for the updates. Can't wait to try it out and see the autopilot improvements.
                    Matthew Finnie
                    MSFS 2020
                    PMDG DC6/737-600-700-800 FTW!

                    Comment


                      #13
                      It means so much to see these updates coming out; thank you.
                      Tom Burns

                      KMDW

                      Comment


                        #14
                        Something is wrong. I have the DC-6 and after this update the plane vanish from my computer. It show´s on Op Center but not in the game. Any solution?

                        Comment


                          #15
                          while I will be waiting for the marketplace update, can non-mp users give some feedback? especially fps improvement?
                          Cenk C.Demir

                          Comment


                            #16
                            Thank you very much, Chris. We all appreciate your work.
                            Regards,
                            --Joe Markowski

                            Comment


                              #17
                              cbpowell Chris, I had my first outing in the 6 today in a while. First, again let me reiterate how appreciative I am over your continued work; these things may be minor, but the effect the little bit of polish has one it just makes flying the 6 that much more magical.

                              Two things:
                              1) the wheel well lights don't appear operative. A very minor thing, but thought I'd bring it up so it can go on the list for another future patch. I even tried the old L trick and that didn't work; it does deploy the landing lights, is that new?

                              2) the autopilot altitude hold: I had 29.84 in my Kollsman window as that was the last ATIS I got at my origin, at 16000 I turned on the hold and I dropped by about 100-200ft. Not quite as violently as it used to be, but tweaking the altimeter setting to about 29.98 (didn't have en route ATC for the correct setting) moved the needle to 16000 even and the autopilot didn't move me around it. Is this the behavior you would expect with your changes?

                              Thank you for your continued support of this lovely plane!
                              Regards,
                              --Joe Markowski

                              Comment


                                #18
                                Originally posted by DD_Arthur View Post
                                Do the ‘performance improvements’ mean I no longer have to fly it in dev mode with nano vg enabled?
                                Hi
                                I also have a stuttering DC6 compared to other aircraft so after reading this I tried it dev mode and the nano vg ticked. It has made a big improvement for me.
                                I have no clue as to what it does but it worked for me. Thanks for the tip.

                                I do however have a notification at the top right corner of the screen saying somthing about a SDK update?
                                Can anyone help me withe this.
                                1/ What is a SDK ?
                                2/ How do I update it?
                                3/ Do I need to update

                                Thanks in advance if you can help.
                                Best wishes
                                Bob Laycock
                                Bob Laycock

                                Comment


                                  #19
                                  Originally posted by rlaycock View Post

                                  I do however have a notification at the top right corner of the screen saying somthing about a SDK update?
                                  Can anyone help me withe this.
                                  1/ What is a SDK ?
                                  2/ How do I update it?
                                  3/ Do I need to update

                                  Thanks in advance if you can help.
                                  Best wishes
                                  Bob Laycock
                                  Hi Bob, dev. mode is for those heroic enough to attempt to make content or wish to modify various parameters within the sim.
                                  SDK = Software Development Kit; a range of tools for use by the above mentioned.

                                  Nothing therefore to worry about. You can hide the dev mode tool bar btw.

                                  Comment


                                    #20
                                    Originally posted by DD_Arthur View Post

                                    Hi Bob, dev. mode is for those heroic enough to attempt to make content or wish to modify various parameters within the sim.
                                    SDK = Software Development Kit; a range of tools for use by the above mentioned.

                                    Nothing therefore to worry about. You can hide the dev mode tool bar btw.
                                    Hi
                                    Thanks for the reply
                                    Perfect I will ignore the SDK


                                    Best wishes
                                    Bob Laycock
                                    Last edited by rlaycock; 06Jun2022, 06:21.
                                    Bob Laycock

                                    Comment


                                      #21
                                      Hi, all. Microsoft informed me late yesterday that the plane has made it through marketplace validation. The 2.0.41 update is now available for download for marketplace purchasers.

                                      Regards,
                                      Chris

                                      Chris Powell
                                      PMDG Simulations
                                      http://www.pmdg.com

                                      Comment


                                        #22
                                        For sure Chris I'll continue enjoying the DC6, it's my favorite plane from the whole bunch of MSFS planes available for a couple of reasons. First of all, the sound which is the most important thing before buying a plane. Second, I like the fact the DC6 is cruising at quite low altitude between 10 and 15000' permitting to have a nice sight on the scenery below. Another important point to me, as I'm from the era of the 70s, 80s, I always liked 4 engines planes so the DC6 meet all these important criterias to me.

                                        Thanks for this update.

                                        André Vaillancourt.

                                        Comment


                                          #23
                                          Originally posted by cbpowell View Post
                                          The "beacon and nav lights are inoperative when loading at apron or gate" bug has been fixed.
                                          Yes, they are operating. However, there is something odd as for the green and red nav lights: when the switch is either on the STEADY or FLASH positions, they flash in a strange way, not regularly. The tail white light actually has a clean STEADY or FLASH behaviour. Less important, when the switch is on the OFF position, very small green, red and white points are still visible.

                                          Am I the only one to see this?
                                          Daniel Delande 🇼🇫

                                          Comment


                                            #24
                                            Good afternoon. After the last MSFS update, the picture changed to GSN430. It has become smaller than the GSN screen itself. And the vertical speed settings on the autopilot panel do not work. They are spinning, but it is not possible to adjust the vertical speed. Do I have a question? You can find out when these problems are fixed. I have read the forum and I see that these are not my mistakes. I'm not the only one who has this happening. I would really like it to be fixed and again it was possible to fly your favorite DC-6 without any problems

                                            Comment


                                              #25
                                              Originally posted by Eduard View Post
                                              Good afternoon. After the last MSFS update, the picture changed to GSN430. It has become smaller than the GSN screen itself. And the vertical speed settings on the autopilot panel do not work. They are spinning, but it is not possible to adjust the vertical speed. Do I have a question? You can find out when these problems are fixed. I have read the forum and I see that these are not my mistakes. I'm not the only one who has this happening. I would really like it to be fixed and again it was possible to fly your favorite DC-6 without any problems
                                              Did you install the WT GNS 430 from the content manager ?
                                              If so. the simplest solution is to uninstall it. It doesn't play nice with the DC-6

                                              If you really want to use the WT GNS430, have a look here.
                                              https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...g-for-the-dc-6

                                              Comment


                                              • Eduard
                                                Eduard commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                What kind of content manager? The tablet to the left of the pilot? If yes, then I use. And I always did it both in xplane 11 and in msfs and there were never any problems. It would be nice if this could be fixed as soon as possible

                                              #26
                                              Originally posted by Eduard View Post
                                              Good afternoon. After the last MSFS update, the picture changed to GSN430. It has become smaller than the GSN screen itself. And the vertical speed settings on the autopilot panel do not work. They are spinning, but it is not possible to adjust the vertical speed. Do I have a question? You can find out when these problems are fixed. I have read the forum and I see that these are not my mistakes. I'm not the only one who has this happening. I would really like it to be fixed and again it was possible to fly your favorite DC-6 without any problems
                                              Try This
                                              Main MSFS Window ->Profile-> Content Manager
                                              In the MSFS content manager. Look for the Garmin GNS 430/530 Click on it and then delete.
                                              Screenshot (52).png


                                              Comment


                                                #27
                                                Originally posted by TH454 View Post

                                                Try This
                                                Main MSFS Window ->Profile-> Content Manager
                                                In the MSFS content manager. Look for the Garmin GNS 430/530 Click on it and then delete.
                                                Screenshot (52).png


                                                Good afternoon. Your advice helped. And the image became the same on the 430 screen and the vertical speed twirlers on autopilot work as they should. I've already checked. Took off with a climb. Thank you so much. You've been very helpful!!!

                                                Comment


                                                  #28
                                                  Nvm - old news
                                                  Last edited by MattS; 28Nov2022, 04:27.
                                                  Matt Smith

                                                  Comment


                                                    #29
                                                    Originally posted by TH454 View Post

                                                    Did you install the WT GNS 430 from the content manager ?
                                                    If so. the simplest solution is to uninstall it. It doesn't play nice with the DC-6

                                                    from what i have heard eventually the WT stuff is supposed to replace the defaults, so this will have to be solved at some point. the pms works pretty well for the time being but i still cannot figure out why the ils is so unreliable
                                                    cheers,-andy crosby
                                                    Last edited by spesimen; 30Nov2022, 05:52. Reason: edit: misread the original post haha it's past my bedtime

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X