Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Are there any plans for dc6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any plans for dc6?

Is the team considering it as finished or do they have a list to improve? My main (maybe only) problems are,

* alt hold still very buggy
    * fps is very low compare to other planes despite textures are not very superior than the others (and no mfd, digital stuff etc)
    * nav lights are very dim

Should I wait for them to be improved or learn to live with them
    Cenk C.Demir

Originally posted by cenkcnk View Post
    Is the team considering it as finished or do they have a list to improve? My main (maybe only) problems are,

* fps is very low compare to other planes despite textures are not very superior than the others (and no mfd, digital stuff etc)

We all would like to know that but PMDG themselves are quite reluctant to give a promise right now. I'm sure THAT updates will come, the question is rather "when".

Regarding the bad performance compared to others, this is not really PMDG's fault. They used a certain rendering channel which was available to developers before SU5 in a beta version as far as I know but right after the DC-6' release SU5 dropped a bomb and Asobo deactivated this very rendering channel. For a couple of months it has been added to the developer mode now and can be activated there, just search the forum for "nanoVG".
    Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
    Marc Ehnle
    GFO Beta

Comment

The issue that has my DC6 in the hangar now, until it gets fixed, is the switching of the GPS mode to Vloc, when it feels like it. I wonder if this will get fixed this year?
      Bob Cardone

Comment

Originally posted by bobsk8 View Post

The issue that has my DC6 in the hangar now, until it gets fixed, is the switching of the GPS mode to Vloc, when it feels like it. I wonder if this will get fixed this year?
        I wouldn't hold my breath. Six months after the first 737 release to get all the variants and extra fluff out the door minimum, before even looking into what the -6 needs, if their complete silence in the other topic is something to go by.

Fortunately I don't fly her with the GPS so my issues are mostly quality of life things we've found workarounds for.
        Regards,
        --Joe Markowski

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Comment

I don't use the GPS either... I don't use the auto pilot much either... I trim her up and she fly's fine, all I need to do is keep it fine tuned. I fly strictly by ground based nav (VOR to VOR) Class 1 navigation, and hand fly the approaches and procedures.
          Brian Murphy FSX- 747-400 / MD-11 / MSFS DC-6/ 737-700

Comment

Shocking really charging £60 for an addon and then ignoring the outstanding issues for almost 12 months.

PMDG ought to take a look at Just Flight and FlyingIron Simulations post-release product support which is exemplary.
            Floyd Rigsby

Comment

Originally posted by Floydrix View Post
              Shocking really charging £60 for an addon and then ignoring the outstanding issues for almost 12 months.

PMDG ought to take a look at Just Flight and FlyingIron Simulations post-release product support which is exemplary.
              What exact issue we are ignoring for the last 12 months?
              Chris Makris (Olympic260)
              PMDG Technical Support
              http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Gents-

One of the really nice things about the DC-6, is that compared to many of the larger jets- it's initial release was largely trouble trouble free. A few things have popped up that were rolled into a routine update in July, and since that time a few more have popped up through tech support and from changes made in the platform breaking a few things.

Beginning in July, 100% of our development time (well- about 98% actually) has been focused on the 737 release- which I am certain a few of you have noticed.

We have a small update for DC-6 that has been in holding behind my work-stack for a few months now, and each week Chris reminds me it is still there.

Unfortunately- I'm on month 17 of 15+hr days six to seven days a week- and that makes it a bit hard to find extra time- which I am sure you can appreciate.

There are a few folks who like to create a martyrdom mythology that somehow the DC-6 is "abandoned" because we haven't pushed monthly updates for it. It would be foolish to push updates for a product just to push updates. Like all of our products we tend to collect them and push them in a block as this minimizes the opportunity to break new things.

Your patience is appreciated- and nothing we may add or fix in the product will diminish it's utility or robustness of purpose as is.

Robert S. Randazzo
                PMDG Simulations
                http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• Seven7Tango
                  Seven7Tango commented
                  Editing a comment
                  One of the things I like to remind people of over on the "official" MSFS forum is the relative stability of the DC-6. It is one of the very few aircraft that has remained unbroken through multiple Sim Update cycles. To me, this speaks to very solid core coding. I can fly the DC-6 the same way I've flown her since the initial release, although I have gotten a bit better at it. I can even fly AFE free at this point... :-)

Dear Robert - could u fix GNS which is broken after SU9?

BR
                Artur
                Artur Pomajda

Comment

Originally posted by Artur View Post
                  Dear Robert - could u fix GNS which is broken after SU9?

BR
                  Artur
                  LOL Artur.... did you read RSR's post?
                  Dan Downs KCRP
                  i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

What exact issue we are ignoring for the last 12 months?
                    I'm not trying to be antagonistic, and I realise you gentlemen don't like anything other than blind praise but a cursory glance over the forums should answer that question.
                    Floyd Rigsby

Comment

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, and I realise you gentlemen don't like anything other than blind praise but a cursory glance over the forums should answer that question.
                      Not trying to be antagonizing... you are doing a good job of it!!
                      Brian Murphy FSX- 747-400 / MD-11 / MSFS DC-6/ 737-700

Comment

I hope we can get some more robust sounds for the DC6 on the interior and exterior with engines running. It could be my settings in MSFS, but I fiddled around with them and nothing really changed. As compared to the real world DC6 sounds of the radial engines is what I'm referring to..
                        Jason Saucier

Comment

… but a cursory glance over the forums should answer that question.
                          Or you giving just one specific example would too.
                          Charles K Smith

Comment

First of all - I most of the time fly the DC6 which is my most loved plane in MSFS! I do love the complexity, the sound, the steam-time feeling!

That written, I also would wish to have some minor changes. Of course, I do not know, if this points are limitations of the platform itself.

- on a lot of other planes there is no notice of 'VR-controllers are not fully supported'. With the DC6 I do get this notice. I fly 100% of the time in VR - and what I really miss, is a proper working way to switch an TURN knops with the controllers (in my case Quest 2). Turning for example magneto switches to the left or the right is (at least in my case) not working in a descent manner. No chance.

- Every time I look to the right side in between the cockpit I see this painted black what ever that should be on the right doorside. Would be nice, to have it modelled in 3D and not just painted onto the wall. No big deal, but compared with modelled screws in 3D - this looks very ugly.

- Smoke effects when starting engines

- a view more frames would be nice ;-)

- rudder sensitivity on the ground is too high (as with others planes, but not all)

- possibility to bind some functions onto the hardware. For example, and foremost: carburetor air preheat controls

- very often, when pushing back in reverse on the ground, it does not work. Plane does not move one inch (maybe some limitations of the platform; and yes, man could use pushback – but I like the switch into the reverse gear…)

Comment

• Com.Robert
                              Com.Robert commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Man, I completely agree with your wishlist. It would be amazing if PMDG could implement those!

Originally posted by Christoph Erhart View Post
                            First of all - I

- very often, when pushing back in reverse on the ground, it does not work. Plane does not move one inch (maybe some limitations of the platform; and yes, man could use pushback – but I like the switch into the reverse gear…)
                            IN real life, that type of pushback was not used. Get this pushback app it works every time. https://flightsim.to/file/15033/toolbar-pushback
                            Bob Cardone

Comment

• Christoph Erhart
                              Christoph Erhart commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I know, I know...
                              That's the reason I wrote 'I LIKE the switch into the reverse gear'. I love the procedure pushing back by myself :-)
                              WHEN it is working.
                              Last edited by Christoph Erhart; 16May2022, 11:27.

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                            Gents-

One of the really nice things about the DC-6, is that compared to many of the larger jets- it's initial release was largely trouble trouble free. A few things have popped up that were rolled into a routine update in July, and since that time a few more have popped up through tech support and from changes made in the platform breaking a few things.

Beginning in July, 100% of our development time (well- about 98% actually) has been focused on the 737 release- which I am certain a few of you have noticed.

We have a small update for DC-6 that has been in holding behind my work-stack for a few months now, and each week Chris reminds me it is still there.

Unfortunately- I'm on month 17 of 15+hr days six to seven days a week- and that makes it a bit hard to find extra time- which I am sure you can appreciate.

There are a few folks who like to create a martyrdom mythology that somehow the DC-6 is "abandoned" because we haven't pushed monthly updates for it. It would be foolish to push updates for a product just to push updates. Like all of our products we tend to collect them and push them in a block as this minimizes the opportunity to break new things.

Your patience is appreciated- and nothing we may add or fix in the product will diminish it's utility or robustness of purpose as is.
                            Please PLEASE release it. Hopefully it will fix the NAV issues I have seen lately:
                            1) GPS virtually impossible to engage. If you continuously mess with it for an hour you might luck out and it locks in but otherwise it is broken.
                            2) Once you give up on GPS and go to VOR navigation, sometimes it won't lock into the VOR course either. You have the signal, course is set, but Localizer mode will not engage (heading mode still active, so it seems that internally it's still in Gyro mode). Doesn't happen often, but it does.

Comment

PMDG announced update coming May 17 to DC 6

Comment

Comment

Is there a changelog? I don't see the update in the marketplace. I assume it will take some time for MP users
                                  Cenk C.Demir

Comment

Is there a changelog? I don't see the update in the marketplace. I assume it will take some time for MP users
                                    This is the only one I've seen.
                                    Regards,
                                    --Joe Markowski

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Comment

Working...
                                    X