Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[24NOV21] A Few XBox User Specific Tracking Items We Are Working

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[24NOV21] A Few XBox User Specific Tracking Items We Are Working

Captains,

Shortly after release of the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS via Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace, a few XBox users began to report some problems that do not have analogs on the PC side. We began to feed information back to Microsoft in order to see if they had recommendations and during the first few hours we weren't entirely certain how to address them, or what advice to offer folks who are affected.

I am going to presume that many XBox users are new to PMDG (hi! ) and thus also new to "How does PMDG handle stuff like this" so this thread is a good place for you to gain an introduction to this if you are affected by any problems that we determine to be unique to the XBox platform.

A couple of baselines: It isn't entirely uncommon to have a few teething problems with a new software product when it is first released, but the DC-6 isn't exactly "new" since it has been out on the PC via direct sales from PMDG.com for five months. We did this intentionally in order to give us a chance to stabilize the product and ensure it was operable and any disruptive problems were resolved before introducing the product to a wider audience via MSFS Marketplace.

Please know that the entire PMDG team is dedicated to your enjoyment of our products and are constantly collecting, logging, addressing and responding to issues that customers might experience. We have a twenty five year track record of supporting our customers and our products because we are members of the community and we very much want you to feel that a PMDG product is a sure bet when it comes to investing in your simulator experience.

With that in mind, we are currently tracking a major disruptive problem for *some* XBox users. Here is what we know, as of 0600Z/24NOV21:

Problem Reported: Approximately 8-10% of XBox users report that they cannot operate the switches/knobs/levers/buttons and that the airplane is largely inoperative for them on the XBox platform. Those reports indicate that users can highlight the relevant parts, but they cannot operate them. There are a couple variations on this report, but we believe them to all be common cause.

This same group of users also report that clicking on the Automatic Flight Engineer on the tablet does not produce results or activity from the AFE. We currently suspect this is a common problem, but we are still attempting to verify this suspicion with replication data in house.

Replication: We have fed our user-reports back to the Microsoft Flight Simulator XBox Quality Assurance team, and requested their input. This resulted in two-way communication with them throughout the afternoon and ultimately culminated in a high-level developer call at 2300Z/23NOV21. During that call, replication steps were discussed, validation of testing protocol were reviewed and a data-collection plan was implemented.

At the time of the call, Microsoft had not yet succeeded in replicating the problem in-house. They did succeed in replicating the problem a few hours after the call through their QA research process.

Data was collected from the replication and handed off to the Microsoft Flight Simulator development team for review and followup.

Next Steps: When these sorts of problems appear, it is often solved by figuring out "what does this small group of customers have in common?" We are continuing to try and collect data along those lines in order to assist the Microsoft Flight Simulator QA team narrow down the issue. To that end, if you are affected by this issue we would like to know the following:

1) Which XBox are you using?
    2) What type of controller are you using? (including brand, if applicable)
    3) How is your controller connected to your XBox?
    4) What other hardware controllers do you have connected to your Xbox?
    5) Any other patterns you have noticed?

Some Self Help Guidance: A fellow PMDG flier sent us to look at a thread in the official Microsoft Flight Simulator forums that may be illuminating for affected customers. We recommend you take a read here, down near the bottom of the thread and please report back if this clears the issue you are experiencing.

Reporting Problems To Microsoft/XBox Directly: We are happy to serve as an intermediary for a problem like this, since we very much want you to enjoy our product without the hassle of some negative interaction that nobody planned for- but since the current belief is that this is an XBox/Simulator interaction and not directly a DC-6 issue- the QA folks at Microsoft/XBox asked us to also have you go here and fill out as much information in a report as you can:

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Documentation and Tutorials: While I have your attention, Xbox users can find our very nice Pilot Operating Handbook and a set of tutorials for the DC-6 by visiting this page here. Our PC users can find them located inside the installed product itself, but since you can't go feeling around inside your Xbox, we thought putting there here on this page might be a nice way to give you access.

Video Tutorials!
    We have put together a full set of tutorials to teach you how to fly this magnificent, feature rich simulation of the DC-6. You can watch them all here!

As always- we are here to help- please let us know if anything trips you up. Welcome to the PMDG simming community- we are glad you are here and we hope you love the DC-6 as much as we do!
    Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

I use my Xbox Series x with the Hotas One and a mouse. Both via USB. Tablet partially without function. Instruments completely without function. Switches like lights and everything without function. Fly and land with "quick start" possible. But only without instruments and displays.
    Last edited by ThunderBlaze; 24Nov2021, 13:02.

Comment

Hi,
      1) Which XBox are you using? Series X
      2) What type of controller are you using? (including brand, if applicable) Keyboard Logitech G512, wireless; Mouse Logitech G305, wireless; Thrustmaster T.FLIGHT HOTAS One + Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder
      3) How is your controller connected to your XBox? All connected via USB-A HUB to Xbox rear USB, USB hub is "I-TEC USB 3.0 Metal HUB 4 Port"
      4) What other hardware controllers do you have connected to your Xbox? All above
      5) Any other patterns you have noticed? Problem occurred even only original Xbox controller is connected - engine shutdown immediately after aircraft is put on runway threshold. When I focus on any interactive button - I am not able to operate.

If you need more details do not hesitate contact me please.

Comment

It might also be interesting to know which USB port is used.

I have an Xbox Series S and generally have subjectively slightly different results with the three USB ports. I find the front USB port the best for controllers. But this is ofc just a very subjective and maybe random observation.
        I have plugged in my usual Xbox control set with a passive USB 3.0 hub in the front. The idea that as USB is a serial port, only one signal at a time get's through to the Xbox even if using a set of several control interfaces.

I don't have the DC-6 via marketplace for the Xbox though, just what I found with MSFS on my Xbox in general.
        I might not be of any relevance though.
        Andreas Kleinwächter
        EDDK

Comment

Ok the XBOX Series X: I am using a Thrustmaster Yoke which is connected via USB to to the back of the console. A mouse which is wirelessly connected to a usb plug at the front on the console and a standard Xbox controller wirelessly.

what I’ve noticed is when starting in a parked positron it’s only possible to get the engines running when either selecting ready for start or taxi but then they shut down shortly afterwards.

the only way I was able to fly is when starting on the runway and immediately giving throttle. Releasing the parking break is next to pitching the trim the only thing that works properly on my Yoke. When In the air I can gear up and flaps up as usual but when turning the yoke it doesn’t move anything in the cockpit but still manovers in air.
          might be because the Gust leaver is locked and we can’t even change that.

Comment

Hello,

1) Which XBox are you using?……….. Series X
            2) What type of controller are you using?……. Thrustmaster HOTAS One
            3) How is your controller connected to your XBox?…….. Direct USB connection
            4) What other hardware controllers do you have connected to your Xbox? ….. XBox controller Logitech keyboard and mouse
            5) Any other patterns you have noticed?…… Can’t operate aircraft instruments, gauges not working, flight engineer not working…
            Everyone in my Discord group is having the same issues…

Alan Brain
            Tasmania, Australia
            Last edited by AlsAstro; 25Nov2021, 09:29.

Comment

Hello everyone. I am very glad that you finally appeared on the xbox, the plane was bought immediately, I hope that everything will be repaired quickly and that these are temporary problems.
              ​​​​​​

1) Which XBox are you using?……….. Series S
              2) What type of controller are you using?……. Thrustmaster HOTAS One, Xbox controller, Mouse
              3) How is your controller connected to your XBox?…….. Direct USB connection
              4) What other hardware controllers do you have connected to your Xbox? ….. XBox controller and mouse
              5) Any other patterns you have noticed?…… Can’t operate aircraft instruments, gauges not working, flight engineer not working…The attachments on the outside of the plane work, but the instruments in the cockpit do not.

Comment

Like many others have the Hotas One and Mouse connected via usb on my Series X. Have the no click problem. I would suggest that Asobo unlock support for Legacy Controls like on the PC version.

CJ

Comment

1) Series X
                  2) Standard Xbox controller
                  3) Wireless
                  4) No other hardware connected
                  5) Can select cockpit controls e.g throttle but unable to move them. However, using the A/B buttons on the controller to increase/decrease throttle do work but the corresponding levers don't move. Restarting MSFS made no difference. I did find one lever which i was able to move by selecting it and moving the right stick - the throttle lock lever

Comment

Hello.

1) Xbox Series X
                    2) Xbox wireless controller
                    3) Wireless
                    4) T-flight Hotas one ( connected via USB )
                    Wireless mouse ( connected via USB receiver )
                    5) 99% off the cockpit buttons switches don't work
                    . AFE doesn't work at all

Comment

Hello,

1) Xbox Series X
                      2) Xbox wirelss controller wirelessly connected)
                      3) No other hardware connected
                      4) All of the above mentioned by users.
                      Aryan Akhtar

Comment

Hi everyone

1) XBox series x
                        2) Xbox wireless controller (that came with console)
                        3) wireless
                        4) none
                        5) None of the instruments in the cockpit move or can be operated, I can’t select any controls or functions internally, I can use all the mapped controller functions though via the controller like flaps gear etc. just nothing actually happens in the cockpit. So if you start in the air you can fly around but you have to get all your information from the hud display as everything in the cockpit is frozen to the speed and altitude you spawned in at.

AFE doesn’t work.

The only switch(es) I found that worked were the landing lights.

it does look and sound great though and I managed a nice landing so looking forward to seeing it all fixed and being able to tune some navaids etc

Comment

1) Xbox Series S
                          2) Xbox wireless controller
                          3) Wireless
                          4) T-flight Hotas one ( connected via USB )
                          Wireless mouse ( connected via USB receiver )
                          5) 99% off the cockpit buttons switches don't work
                          . AFE doesn't work at all
                          6) none of the cockpit instruments work.

TF Hafford

ps Is there a xbox user that has gotten the plane to work. I'd like to know and understand what method they used. It would be very helpful.

Last edited by dusttyworm; 24Nov2021, 15:23.

Comment

Hi everyone,

1) Which XBox are you using? --> Series X
                            2) What type of controller are you using? --> Xbox wireless elite controller
                            3) How is your controller connected to your XBox? --> Wireless
                            4) What other hardware controllers do you have connected to your Xbox? --> Turtle Beach Velocityone flight, Nouse, Number Pad, USB Hub
                            5) Any other patterns you have noticed?…… Can’t operate aircraft instruments, gauges not working, afe not working…The attachments on the outside of the plane work, but the instruments in the cockpit do not. the GUP cannot be deactivated.

Chris

Comment

1) Which XBox are you using? Xbox Series X
                              2) What type of controller are you using? (including brand, if applicable) Logitech Mouse and Keyboard, Thrustmaster Hotas One
                              3) How is your controller connected to your XBox? Wiresless mouse and keyboard through unifying adapter and the Hotas One is connected by the front USB port.
                              4) What other hardware controllers do you have connected to your Xbox? Dongle for LucidSound wiresless headset.
                              5) Any other patterns you have noticed? I can only operate Landing gear, rudders, and start engines via the Flight Engineer but nothing else works in the plane. Buttons and switches with highlight when I move the cursor over them but do not animate or respond.

Comment

1) Which XBox are you using? XBox Series X
                                2) What type of controller are you using? (including brand, if applicable) the original Controller shipped with the XBox
                                3) How is your controller connected to your XBox? USB
                                4) What other hardware controllers do you have connected to your Xbox? Thrustmaster Hotas X, Mouse and Keyboard, all usb, Mouse and Keyboard via USB-Hub (edit) and i have the extra 1TB HDD attached, where the Sim ist installed on (/edit)
                                5) Any other patterns you have noticed? I could only manipulate Proplever and Landungslights. In the PMDG Pad i could Turn ist in and Off, and the ready for Taxi field worked, so I could bring it Info the air. Throttles only worked in Outsider View. Parking brakes where OK and Flaps. Gear wouldnt retract and the GPU would stay attached.
                                Last edited by Florian Boiting; 24Nov2021, 17:37.
                                Florian Boiting

Comment

You should proceed with refund since you are providing a product that it’s not meeting our needs ! I will take legal actions against you ! You mention few users when no one having Xbox can make it work

Comment

For the ones that provided info are you using a powered USB hub or unpowered? By powered I mean it has a dedicated power input from external power source.
                                    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                    PMDG Technical Support

Comment

2) What type of controller are you using? (including brand, if applicable) Std. Xbox wireless controller, Xbox Elite 2 wireless controller, Rii keyboard and mouse
                                      3) How is your controller connected to your XBox? Bluetooth/wireless, mouse and keyboard wireless USB dongle
                                      4) What other hardware controllers do you have connected to your Xbox? See above - Rii keyboard and mouse
                                      5) Any other patterns you have noticed? Majority of instruments are clickable but very few can be interacted with (controller or mouse). Able to control tablet with mouse and controller (although full functionality only present with mouse). Also noticed that almost all flight instruments and panels do not have active animation (i.e. manifold pressure, RPM, throttles, prop lever, etc).

I’m also very curious about this other 90% with a working DC-6. Based on what I’ve read and seen on this forum, MSFS forum, and Discord there is absolutely no way only 10% are effected. It’s probably closer to 100%.
                                      Last edited by Spinoochi; 29Nov2021, 18:07.
                                      Michael Spinuzzi

Comment

cmakris My USB hub is not powered. BTW with original Xbox controller it also doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by PetrPodzimek View Post
                                          cmakris My USB hub is not powered. BTW with original Xbox controller it also doesn't work.
                                          Can you please remove the USB hub completely ie nothing connected to XBOX. Make sure that the Xbox controller profile is set to default and see if this helps?
                                          Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                          PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Xbox Series X
                                            Xbox Series X default controller
                                            Wireless
                                            Wireless Microsoft standard keyboard and mouse
                                            Majority of instruments, levers, switches and controls do not move or function. I found out that when you activate Flight Assistant, select an airport destination, let the Flight Assistant operate the aircraft, then turn the Flight Assistant off, I can control and operate the aircraft via the Xbox controller but all instruments, levers, switches and controls inside the cockpit are still not operational.

Erwin
                                            Last edited by dlh747; 24Nov2021, 20:03.

Comment

My first PMDG add on since Flight Simulator 2004 Boeing 737 and 747

1) Which XBOX are you using?
                                              XBOX Series X

Wireless XBOX controller + Logitech MX Master 3 mouse

Controller: Wireless
                                              Mouse: Logitech Unify USB dongle

None

Purchased the DC-6 in the marketplace for XBOX less than 12 hours ago, I had the chance of very little testing but got all the issues included in other reports here and the FlightSimulator forums, have restarted the game several times, uninstalled and re installed the add on, tried different locations and game settings including AI traffic, Ai weather turned off, the same behavior is observed at all times with the DC-6.

Other default and add-on aircraft are working with no problems after testing the DC-6.
                                              PMDG DC-6 A and B models with different liveries are selectable and a flight can be started on any FS2020 location, parking, gate, runway or in-flight
                                              Instruments will remain static at all times, having no airspeed, altimeter, turn coordinator, vertical speed, horizontal situation, engine gauges, etc.
                                              The only instrument that seems to work is the magnetic compass
                                              Levers and most switches display the tooltip pop up but cannot be actioned
                                              Levers and cockpit objects that respond to interaction require a second click or mouse scroll wheel input as there is no response when using the XBOX wireless controller
                                              Flight controls are working but there is no visual feedback on the yoke or the flight control surfaces in the exterior (ailerons, elevators, trims, rudder)
                                              Rudder pedals move but rudder surface does not
                                              Flaps and landing gear move is visible

I would love to read a comment from anyone outside of the 10% of users that are having the issues, including Microsoft/Asobo who claimed to have a working product,

Also I would like to know about any possible refund / customer protection policy

Moises Tavera
                                              Last edited by iHush; 24Nov2021, 19:48. Reason: Added my name to sign the post as per forum rules

Comment

2) What type of controller are you using? (including brand, if applicable) Standard Series X/S Controller, came with console.
                                                3) How is your controller connected to your XBox? Wireless
                                                4) What other hardware controllers do you have connected to your Xbox? None

Complete shutdown if taking off from the runway with no way to restart engines. Cold start provides very little movement of various trims. 0.5 degrees at most before locking like the rest of the aircraft. Similar in fashion to the barometer on the standard 787 with the premium edition of MSFS.

Gauges don't work, no stick movement, buttons, levers etc all static. Flaps movement doesn't register with external HUD however is visible, same with landing gear. tail remains static at all times.

8-10% is an extreme undersell of how bad this is. I have yet to meet a single Xbox player in any forum or group that hasn't run into these same issues. However as many on the various pages have said I know this isn't a PMDG problem but an Asobo problem. I just hope the 737 wont have similar issues, or at least will have a cheaper price tag as a result.

Nolan Chapman-Puritch

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Can you please remove the USB hub completely ie nothing connected to XBOX. Make sure that the Xbox controller profile is set to default and see if this helps?
                                                  cmakris I tried it.
                                                  Xbox series X, connected screen, 1TB extension card from Microsoft. With Xbox wireless controller I started right on runway... Cockpit is stuck, nothing moves. I pressed A immediately after start let the engines don't shut down. But it is still unflyable.

Comment

I've just pulled out everything in my case, except for the wireless elite controller in the standard profile. No effect. The only things that work in the cockpit are the switches for the aisle lights, seat belts, the armrests and the third seat is foldable. I didn't find anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by iHush View Post

I would love to read a comment from anyone outside of the 10% of users that are having the issues, including Microsoft/Asobo who claimed to have a working product,

Also I would like to know about any possible refund / customer protection policy

Moises Tavera
                                                      That would interest me too

Comment

For the ones that provided info are you using a powered USB hub or unpowered? By powered I mean it has a dedicated power input from external power source.
                                                        Im using a unpowered usb hub plugged into the back of the XBOX.

Comment

I removed the hub, but there was no effect.

Comment

Good Day,

XBOX Series X

Standard Controller that came with the XBOX

Wireless

Microsoft Keybord and Microsoft Mouse

No

Same issue on hand:

1. Not all buttons, knobs, diales are working
                                                            2. No Flight controls
                                                            3. No throttle movement
                                                            4. Unable to add/ remove fuel quantity on the Tablet
                                                            5. Cant select/remove GPS on Tablet
                                                            6. No fluids quantity like oil and water showing on the Tablet
                                                            7. Able to add weight on the tablet, but is does not total to the gross weight
                                                            8. Unable to hear the AFE
                                                            9. Can move Carb Heat but not fuel mixture levers
                                                            10. Non of the Guages work
                                                            11. Unable to power up the plane

I have tested both the A and B aircraft, including all the liveries and they are all the same. There are buttons that work for example Landing Lights, Seatbels, non smoking and some light dimmers.

Also would like to add that I have 4 friends that bought the DC6 as well and they have the same issue. We went throught the cocpit togeter to test and verified 100% the same issue for each button not interacting or the once that does. I have not heard of a user that have no issues.

PC user advised me to go to Legecy mouse settings, however we do not have the legecy option at all.

I truly hope that we will get this resolved asap as we are waiting a very very long time for a proper study level plane. Having said that, I am sure that all understand that this is "a first" and will have issues, just the way that PMDG will communicate and handle this will make a worlds of a differnce.

Regards
                                                            Diederick

Comment

Working...
                                                            X