X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nextgeneric
    • Feb 2019

Nosewheel steering sensitivity

I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing wonkiness when it comes to nosewheel steering? I find it to be incredibly sensitive with very little inertia or momentum when turning on the ground. I twist my joystick a few degrees and it's almost as if the nose wheel just turns to that direction instantly. I would think the nose gear takes some time to travel on its axis. It's very difficult for me to articulate this, so if anyone knows what I'm referring to and can clarify that would be appreciated. It sort of reminds me of the steering when the 737 NGXu came out. Some tweaks were made later on which improved it. I should also add that I do not have similar issues on other aircraft in the sim.

I have my flight options set to the most realistic settings in the sim, and I have verified that the flight model is set to modern as recommended.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by nextgeneric; 21Sep2021, 17:23.
    Eric England
  • bobsk8
    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by nextgeneric View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing wonkiness when it comes to nosewheel steering? I find it to be incredibly sensitive with very little inertia or momentum when turning on the ground. I twist my joystick a few degrees and it's almost as if the nose wheel just turns to that direction instantly. I would think the nose gear takes some time to travel on its axis. It's very difficult for me to articulate this, so if anyone knows what I'm referring to and can clarify that would be appreciated. It sort of reminds me of the steering when the 737 NGXu came out. Some tweaks were made later on which improved it. I should also add that I do not have similar issues on other aircraft in the sim.

I have my flight options set to the most realistic settings in the sim, and I have verified that the flight model is set to modern as recommended.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    I use -70 for rudder sensitivity. My DC6 taxis fine.
    Bob Cardone

Comment

• nextgeneric
      • Feb 2019

Hi bobsk8

I'd like to thank you sincerely. That really made a notable difference and feels much improved! Out of curiosity, what do you have your sensitivity settings for your other flight control surfaces?

Thanks again for the helpful advice!
      Eric England

Comment

• Felipeturbay
        • Jun 2021

I am currently not so happy with how this aircraft feels on the default sensitivity settings. I definitely need adjust these, unfortunately I haven’t found any information about how to set such settings in order to have a similar feel as in the real word
        Felipe Turbay

Comment

• bobsk8
          • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Felipeturbay View Post
          I am currently not so happy with how this aircraft feels on the default sensitivity settings. I definitely need adjust these, unfortunately I haven’t found any information about how to set such settings in order to have a similar feel as in the real word
          There are really no "default" settings. Everyone has different controllers and calibrations, so they must be set for each setup.
          Bob Cardone

Comment

• Ephedrin
            • Feb 2019

The thing (well, I'd call it "problem") is that the controls in MSFS are extreeeeemely sensitive. Normally you'd set the graph in the sensitivity settings so that the control of the aircraft moves smoothly to either side with your phyiscal controller moving the same fraction of its possible travel. But MSFS aircraft sticks don't do that, they are hyper sensitive while even hardly moving visually and then then snap to the side. all the currently available hardware controllers require extremely flat graphs with a very shallow slope around the inflexion point. But with the ends still reaching X=+/-16384 Y=+/-16384 the graph will soon raise steeply which creates a very unrealistic feeling as soon as you move your controller into the region where the gradient increases.

Sry if it sounds wonky, I've actually never learned to express maths in english xD

However we're used to much smoother controls in P3D, aircraft there are absolutely controllable with default settings. In MSFS you can barely use the rudder with the twist axis of a joystick with defauilt sensitivity settings. So you HAVE to reduce the sensitivity significantly but stay aware that the graph will increase a lot the more you turn the stick or tap into the rudders. I don't know at which degree addon developers can work against that sensitivity.
            Marc Eland

Comment

Working...
            X