Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Engines Shut Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engines Shut Down

Hmm this keeps happening to me too. I load the plane on the runway and after a few seconds some of the engines shut down and then the rest follow. I took a short video to show what I mean. Does anyone know what's happening here?

https://streamable.com/fmyw24

EDIT: I restarted the sim but same thing happening. I click "ready for taxi" and it clicks but nothing happens

EDIT 2: This is happening on the A and B models . I'm worried something is seriously wrong
    Last edited by dresoccer4; 15Sep2021, 01:44.
    Daniel Lucas - KLOU
    i9-10900K 32GB RTX3090
    PPL SEL (SR22)

UPDATE: I went into the Maintenance Manager and repaired all of the engines and props and reloaded and now it works. So it seems the A and B models are connected this way?
    Daniel Lucas - KLOU
    i9-10900K 32GB RTX3090
    PPL SEL (SR22)

Comment

Originally posted by dresoccer4 View Post
      UPDATE: I went into the Maintenance Manager and repaired all of the engines and props and reloaded and now it works. So it seems the A and B models are connected this way?
      No there are not. Each livery has it's own file for hours and usage. If the A has engine issues these will not be present on the B as the files are different.
      Chris Makris (Olympic260)
      PMDG Technical Support
      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

No there are not. Each livery has it's own file for hours and usage. If the A has engine issues these will not be present on the B as the files are different.
        Well then that was super strange what happened. I was following along the tutorial in the B model when all of the engines shut down as shown in my video. Even if I reloaded the sim the still shut down. I then tried to load the A model and they shut down as well. I thought I had broken the whole DC-6 installation or MSFS.

I only had around 30 minutes of actual flying time as well, which seems way too soon for every engine to break. The maintenance panel didn't show anything off either. very strange
        Last edited by dresoccer4; 15Sep2021, 06:34.
        Daniel Lucas - KLOU
        i9-10900K 32GB RTX3090
        PPL SEL (SR22)

Comment

Daniel,

I had my circuit breakers pop wildly after the latest dc6 update, maybe something went wrong with your version. It‘s normally not recommended as a trouble shooting action but in the current state of the sim I feel a clean reinstall of the addon often helps wonders.
          i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
          Marc Ehnle

Comment

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post
            Daniel,

I had my circuit breakers pop wildly after the latest dc6 update, maybe something went wrong with your version. It‘s normally not recommended as a trouble shooting action but in the current state of the sim I feel a clean reinstall of the addon often helps wonders.
            thanks i was going to do a reinstall if things stayed bad. What's the proper way to uninstall and reinstall? i thought it was through the PMDG Op Center but saw there it didn't handle that stuff
            Daniel Lucas - KLOU
            i9-10900K 32GB RTX3090
            PPL SEL (SR22)

Comment

Originally posted by dresoccer4 View Post

thanks i was going to do a reinstall if things stayed bad. What's the proper way to uninstall and reinstall? i thought it was through the PMDG Op Center but saw there it didn't handle that stuff
              There is a different uninstall -reinstall, depending on if your MSFS is from the MS store or Steam. I would submit a ticket to PMDG and they will tell you , the proper procedure. You have to delete some files in one of them at least.
              Last edited by bobsk8; 15Sep2021, 15:35.
              Bob Cardone

Comment

In my case I simply ran the uninstall process via the control panel - programs and features. I did not delete the appdata-files as I hoped I could at least save my airframe time but I lost it. I then simply reinstalled using a newly downloaded file from PMDG and ran the updater in OC2 afterwards.
                i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                Marc Ehnle

Comment

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post
                  In my case I simply ran the uninstall process via the control panel - programs and features. I did not delete the appdata-files as I hoped I could at least save my airframe time but I lost it. I then simply reinstalled using a newly downloaded file from PMDG and ran the updater in OC2 afterwards.
                  I tried that without deleting the recommended files the first time, and it solved nothing. When I did a proper uninstall and reinstall, problem was solved.
                  Bob Cardone

Comment

I have the Same Problem. My Engine is massivly leaking Oil. Thats Break all 4 Engines within 2-3min.

Comment

I've been flying DC-6 for couple moth with all failure turned on. I was able to managed whole flight without incident. I haven't flown DC-6 since last update. Today I tried two flight both managed by FE. All ended up in engine failure 1-2 min after take off. Something is not right!
                      A.Poddoubnyi
                      flight sim enthusiast, airplane owner, CFI

Comment

I'm having the very same issue flying the DC6 in MSFS. Some engine gauges (oil pressure, coolant temperature...) do not work at all, hence the engines seem to work without oil pressure and coolant, so they quit 2-3min after full throttle has been applied. It occurs no matter if using AFE or going through the checklists yourself. It seems to me this issue is related to the latest MSFS update. Sadly, this makes the airplane unflyable for MSFS users at the moment. It's a pity Asobo &/or Microsoft are putting things so hard on third parties to develop addons and ensure a stable release. I hope this can be sorted out in the short term. Thanks very much for your interest and comprehension.

P. Lozoya

Edit: The problem has been resolved uninstalling completely and installing the product again. Thanks very much to PMDG support!!

To do a clean reinstall, you can follow the following steps:

1. Uninstall the DC6 from add/remove programs.

2. Go to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microso ft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packag es\Community\ and make sure there is no pmdg-aircraft-dc6 folder if there is delete it

3.Go to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microso ft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObj ects and delete the PMDG DC-6A and PMDG DC-6B folders if they exist

4. Go to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microso ft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packag es\ and make sure there is no pmdg-aircraft-dc6 folder if there is delete it.

5.Go to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microso ft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packag es and delete the PMDG-aircraft-dc6 directory

6. Install again making sure you run the installer as administrator. Right click and select run as administrator. And check if issue is still present.

Best regards,

P. Lozoya

Last edited by Libelle; 24Sep2021, 09:56.

Comment

Working...
                        X