Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[31JUL21] PMDG DC-6 Updated to v2.00.0035 via PMDG Operations Center

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[31JUL21] PMDG DC-6 Updated to v2.00.0035 via PMDG Operations Center

Captains,

A few moments ago we released another update for the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS via the Operations Center.

This update is primarily targeted at visual aspects of the PMDG DC-6 that were incorrectly exported in build 33, but also includes a couple of minor fixes in our ongoing maintenance of the product and curative efforts for some of the things that changed with the large MSFS platform update released this week.

I mentioned in in my post earlier this week that PMDG was admitted to the test program for the new MSFS update with only a few days to prep the DC-6 for the transition. We missed some key documentation changes related to Asobo's SDK, and this caused us to accidentally export the DC-6 cockpit at lower resolution than normal, which created some really bad visuals in the VC. This update cures that problem by putting the cockpit back to the correct resolution.

We have implemented something that we *think* fixes the problem of the randomly spinning volume knob on the Asobo GPS used in the DC-6. We aren't sure why that knob is an issue, but we were able to implement a way to make it stop spinning, which then unsticks the AFE who was getting hung up by that particular artifact.

Also included in this update:
    * Level-of-detail (LOD) fixes for the exterior
    * Overhauled the cabin heating/cooling system for correctness
    * Cabin pressurization fixes
    * Engine health display fixes

We have other items we are still working on, but thought it was important to get you this update in time for your weekend flying!

One last item I want to touch on: I mentioned in my previous post that we had reported back to Asobo that in their last build prior to platform update, we saw a significant drop in performance in the DC-6. Continuing discussion with Asobo has shown that we weren't not imagining this change- there was indeed a change made to the release version of the MSFS platform that took performance away from the DC-6.

Asobo indicated that they turned off a particular rendering channel because it needed more time in development to solve a few problems, and it just happens that the DC-6 benefits significantly from this particular channel- hence we saw the loss of performance in the release build. The good news, however, is that they were able to resolve the issues they were experiencing, and this channel is expected to be reactivated in a subsequent update from Asobo- and then you will see a pretty significant boost in performance with the DC-6.

So- good things still to come!

We hope you all have a very nice weekend,
    Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
    Captains,

..... is expected to be reactivated in a subsequent update from Asobo- and then you will see a pretty significant boost in performance with the DC-6.
    Does this refer to the hotfix that was released?

Jacques Le Roux

Comment

Clear, concise and jargon-free communication. Nice.
      Charles K Smith

Comment

I immediately shared this to my community. Thank you for the clear and open communication.
        Regards,
        Clumsy
        https://youtube.com/theclumsygeekgaming
        https://twitch.tv/theclumsygeek

Comment

Thank you PMDG. The graphics are once again crisp and clear, and I flew a short test flight without any issues. Keep up the good job : )
          Daniel H.

Comment

Hi,
            I am getting some CTD during loading with this version. Looks like it is related to the DC-6, but I cannot be sure of course. The crash dump is referring to one of the WASM files:

FAILED_INSTRUCTION_ADDRESS: m78f4768e6de82584_0!std::__2::__function::__policy _invoker<void ()>::__call_empty(std::__2::__function::__policy_s torage const*)_1778:m78f4768e6de82584:external+2a [G:\MSFS\Community\pmdg-aircraft-dc6\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG DC-6B\panel\PMDG_DC6_FS2020.wasm @ 1] 00007ffb`add4094a 0f0b ud2

FAULTING_SOURCE_LINE: G:\MSFS\Community\pmdg-aircraft-dc6\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG DC-6B\panel\PMDG_DC6_FS2020.wasm
            FAULTING_SOURCE_FILE: G:\MSFS\Community\pmdg-aircraft-dc6\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG DC-6B\panel\PMDG_DC6_FS2020.wasm

FAULTING_SOURCE_LINE_NUMBER: 1
            FAULTING_SOURCE_CODE: No source found for 'C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINDOWSAPPS\MICROSOFT.FLIGHTSIMULATOR_1.18.1 4.0_X64__8WEKYB3D8BBWE\wasisdk:\v10.2g41a660013f12 +m\src\llvm-project\compiler-rt\lib\builtins\udivmodti4.c'

SYMBOL_NAME: m78f4768e6de82584_0!std::__2::__function::__policy _invoker<void ()>::__call_empty+2a
            MODULE_NAME: m78f4768e6de82584_0
            IMAGE_NAME: m78f4768e6de82584_0.dll
            STACK_COMMAND: ~0s ; .ecxr ; kb
            FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION_c000001d_m78f4768e6de82584_0.d ll!std::__2::__function::__policy_invoker_void_
            OS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1
            BUILDLAB_STR: vb_release
            OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64
            OSNAME: Windows 10
            FAILURE_ID_HASH: {01ebe25d-c1e7-a1b6-0aa5-c159fc3fb6e2}

Last edited by espn74; 31Jul2021, 05:54.
            Espen Torgersen

Comment

Sorry for the dumb question, but how could I upgrade/update my installation? Should I re-download the complete package from pmdg.com?
              Gabor Hrasko (HAHRG)

Comment

Originally posted by HAHRG View Post
                Sorry for the dumb question, but how could I upgrade/update my installation? Should I re-download the complete package from pmdg.com?
                Open the Operations Center and you should receive an update notification. If not go to Aircraft an Liveries -> Products Updates and click check now
                Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Open the Operations Center and you should receive an update notification. If not go to Aircraft an Liveries -> Products Updates and click check now
                  Oh, of course! And thanks for the very transparent communication about the problems.
                  Gabor Hrasko (HAHRG)

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                    One last item I want to touch on: I mentioned in my previous post that we had reported back to Asobo that in their last build prior to platform update, we saw a significant drop in performance in the DC-6. Continuing discussion with Asobo has shown that we weren't not imagining this change- there was indeed a change made to the release version of the MSFS platform that took performance away from the DC-6.

Asobo indicated that they turned off a particular rendering channel because it needed more time in development to solve a few problems, and it just happens that the DC-6 benefits significantly from this particular channel- hence we saw the loss of performance in the release build. The good news, however, is that they were able to resolve the issues they were experiencing, and this channel is expected to be reactivated in a subsequent update from Asobo- and then you will see a pretty significant boost in performance with the DC-6.
                    Do you know if they meant todays hotfix or some update that could be either tomorrow or three months from now?
                    Paul Benfield

Comment

• Peter Clark
                      Peter Clark commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Unfortunately, if history is to go by, itโ€™ll be SU6 in September or something.

Originally posted by shinkicker444 View Post

Do you know if they meant todays hotfix or some update that could be either tomorrow or three months from now?
                    Future update. We do not know when currently.
                    PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Class as always from you guys.
                      Herman Grant Gerhardt

Comment

Thankyou for the quick update - much appreciated. Very clear comms as well ๐Ÿ‘
                        Stephen Netherwood

Comment

Originally posted by robjuca
                          some advice?!
                          Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Thank you!

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

Already reported on other threads. Affects only the A model. It's under investigation
                          PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.
                            -Eric Meador-

GIGA-POWER
                            PRO-GEAR SPEC

Comment

Great reactiveness, I'm impressed !

Thank you!

Comment

Team:

Many thanks for the update and continual professional support on this product.

For what it's worth, last night when flying, for fun, I thought I would make another flight without a fresh MSFS2020 restart (going back to World and setting up a flight). That is, after landing, staying on the flight deck and getting the a/c ready to fly to another desitnation. I had a CTD when doing preflight. While I have seen others do this on Twtich, it didn't work for me. I will play around with this to see if it will work. Much different than my PMDG 737 habits.

Also while flying on VATSIM, I had to amend my push-to-talk controls from CTL to ALT as ATC made comments when I was hitting "CTL Number" to move around the varoius flight deck screens. I greatly enjoy the heavy and sometime crazy work load of flying the DC6, manging the a/c, and communicating with ATC while on VATSIM as I ween myself off the AFE.Next step is to employ the realism and other options.

Thanks for a wonderful summer,

Russ Tillman.
                                Russ Tillman
                                Proud PMDG User for a Long Time!

Comment

Ran the update this morning, all liveries gone, had to fix orphaned liveries.
                                  Bob Cardone

Comment

Originally posted by bobsk8 View Post
                                    Ran the update this morning, all liveries gone, had to fix orphaned liveries.
                                    That is correct behavior. Just run the fix and all liveries will be back ready
                                    PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Unfortunately, I am not having much fun with PMDG DC-6. I have SU5 from MS2020 and the latest DC-6 update downloaded this morning. I start the aircraft using AFE. Line up and takeoff. Stability, at this stage of the flight, seems a little better than before. I engage the AP at about 1500ft and continue to climb, straight out to 4000ft. I reduce the ROC to about 200ftm and then engage the alt hold. Unfortunately, the A/C takes on a mind of its own. Climb rates suddenly increase and I gain thousands of feet very quickly. ROC varies from plus 2000ft/m to -1500ftm. Eventually, I go into a direct vertical climb at several thousand FTM, well beyond the capabilities of the DC-6 system and have no control. I by this stage have disengaged the AFE and AP. I don't yet have the latest hotfix from Microsoft. but the latest PMDG fix has made matters worse. It is unflyable. Help, please.
                                      Robert Ross
                                      Flight Simmer from the beginning in the early '90s๐Ÿ˜Ž

Comment

Originally posted by Sobor View Post
                                        Unfortunately, I am not having much fun with PMDG DC-6. I have SU5 from MS2020 and the latest DC-6 update downloaded this morning. I start the aircraft using AFE. Line up and takeoff. Stability, at this stage of the flight, seems a little better than before. I engage the AP at about 1500ft and continue to climb, straight out to 4000ft. I reduce the ROC to about 200ftm and then engage the alt hold. Unfortunately, the A/C takes on a mind of its own. Climb rates suddenly increase and I gain thousands of feet very quickly. ROC varies from plus 2000ft/m to -1500ftm. Eventually, I go into a direct vertical climb at several thousand FTM, well beyond the capabilities of the DC-6 system and have no control. I by this stage have disengaged the AFE and AP. I don't yet have the latest hotfix from Microsoft. but the latest PMDG fix has made matters worse. It is unflyable. Help, please.

Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Thank you!

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

Make sure your flight model is set to Modern on MSFS settings.
                                        PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Working...
                                        X