Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

DC6 wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC6 wishlist

While everything can be improved or modified, I thought it would be fun to make a wishlist for all the options, gadgets or upgrades that we would like to see added, to this allready wonderfull lady.
    Some will be nice, some will be just weird or funny or allready be covered with other available mods.
    But most off all it maybe will give somebody ideas or inspiration to (hopefully) develop some of them.

So I will kick off with a couple of items:

Ipad:
    - navigraph page to check the charts
    - simbrief page to check the flightplan
    - Checklistpage with all the checklists to manual start/operate the plane
    - Flight engineer: able to make adjustments to get you out of trouble/optimize engine/fuel etc during the different stages of flight

Sounds (I have SLC addon), but it would be nice to have some DC6 specific ones:
    - passenger sounds
    - cabin announcements

graphics:
    - improved graphics in the cockpit (now i know a bit how to fly, I start to notice these "2d" and vague images
    - passengers boarding plane
    - smoke display on engine start, touch down (gear) and maybe different colour of smoke (black, gray and white) depending on failures, engine mismangement etc.

Flightdynamics:
    - Iam a DC noob so I really dont have a clue what can/should be improved her.

Again, to the whole PMDG team you did a great job with this beautifull lady. Its all iam flying right now.

keep up the great work!!!

PHJAAP
    Jaap B, a.k.a. PHjaap
    MSFS, PMDG DC6
    Acer Predator laptop, i7-10750H, 32 GB, 1 TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 with Max-Q

Originally posted by JB NL View Post
    - Checklistpage with all the checklists to manual start/operate the plane
    This is not by PMDG, but there's a checklist mod at flightsim.to, linked in this post, that has added the PMDG-provided checklist to the in-game checklist, you might want to consider it. Also, RosKud, one of the amazing people in my community, figured out how to link this checklist to the actual cockpit, so that you can use MSFS's ability to highlight the pertinent item that needs to be checked/moved in blue, just like in the default planes. We've tested it on stream, if you want to see it, and it works incredibly well. He'll be posting it to flightsim.to very soon, after all testing is completed.

Originally posted by JB NL View Post
    - smoke display on engine start, touch down (gear) and maybe different colour of smoke (black, gray and white) depending on failures, engine mismangement etc.
    This isn't possible in MSFS at the moment. Asobo has shown clips of it, and apparently the sim will be able to do this in the next update or two. PMDG is going to add effects after the sim is capable of doing so.

Best regards,
    ✓ PMDG DC-6 in-game checklist is a Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mod created by qqwertzde. Download for free to enhance your experience in MSFS 2020.
    Fabio Miguez
    twitch.tv/TheFlyingFabio

Comment

Aah the great flying Fabio! Nice seeing you here.

I watched your initial DC6 flight with a lot of interest too, it was great fun.
      Also one of the reasons i bought this plane (first old radial bird for me), and Iam completely hooked to it now.

Iam aware of the shortcommings of Asobo regarding the smoke etc. and Iam waiting with great patience to next sim update to see what it will bring.
      I wasnt aware of the link in the actual cockpit yet, but it will be a great feature added.
      Maybe a nice addition for you: instead of the cup of coffee in the FBW a320, a bag of virtual peanuts for on the way 😉, we all need to get our nutricions and calories on the way after all.

Kind regards PHJaap
      Jaap B, a.k.a. PHjaap
      MSFS, PMDG DC6
      Acer Predator laptop, i7-10750H, 32 GB, 1 TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 with Max-Q

Comment

Regarding visual boarding passengers, i think you can expect that with the up coming GSX from fsdreamteam.com

Would like to add something:

- Shared cockpit (the DC-6 could need some helping hands, especially on short hops isnt it ?)
        Last edited by Bumpywindshear; 27Jun2021, 12:34.
        Frank G.

Comment

According the latest stream from MSFS and Asobo on twitch, they said they are working on shared cockpit, but its not their number 1 priority right now.
          So hopefully we can expect something like that in the (near) future.
          I know there is a program that should allow shared cockpit allready. I guess its called: Skyshare
          Jaap B, a.k.a. PHjaap
          MSFS, PMDG DC6

Comment

• Bumpywindshear
            Bumpywindshear commented
            Editing a comment
            oh if MSFS2020 support shared cockpit some day, it could be that it wont mean all the addon planes are supported also (like FSX). Skyshare isnt a shared cockpit, it only hand over joystick controls. But a shared cockpit meams sitting together in the same plane / cp, being able moveing the head, move arround, switch buttons and levers, handle the ingame atc / vatsim / ivao, handle the ingame checklist and take over / give back controls if permitted.

I definitely agree with that we need a way to use charts on board, it's tough to fly ifr in VR with this airplane because I constantly have to take my headset off to glance at the chart I have pulled up. It's the one thing I feel this aircraft is missing.
          -Mike Iacovetta

Comment

• bobsk8
            bobsk8 commented
            Editing a comment
            I use Avliasot EFB. Moving map and charts are there for every flight.

Navigraph has made a nice new utility in their updater that allows you to open charts from the top bar. This way you can use them in VR
          Dimitri de Wal - EHAM

Comment

KV10 does several things you asked for and more. You can have Simbrief, Skyvector, Documents, Charts, your web browser and more with no impact to FPS that I have seen. It puts them on top of MSFS so you can resize, move, and interact with each window and it keybinds them to show and hide. Fairly simple.

https://flightsim.to/file/9723/kneeboard-viewer-10
            Chris Hague, KSYR "Flying GPS Free since 1987"
            Ryzen 7 3700x, 32 GB DDR4 3600 mhz, RTX 2060 OC 6 GB GDDR6 MSFS DC-6, P3Dv5 737 NGXu

Comment

That checklist in native MFS format is awesome thank you! Charts on the tablet would be 12/10 =)
              Kurt Meyer - Tech \ Tester \ Modder \ Voice Actor - BC Canada
              i7 8086K \ Asus Maximus X\ Corsair H115i - iQUE CMDR \ 32GB Corsair RGB 3600 CAS16 \ 1TBx2 970 M.2 \ EVGA 1080ti FTW 11GB - Nvidia 466.27 \ ASUS GSYNC 240Hz @1080p \ XBOX OEM Wired Controller - Mouse and Keyboard \ MS Store Microsoft Flight Sim - 1000 + Hours FT \ Navblue + Navigraph + OnAir \ Windows 10 Pro 2004 Build 19041.867

Comment

I'd love to see celestial navigation, GCA, and low-freq range, whether from PMDG or others.

They all were available as add-ons or as part of an aircraft package in FSX/P3D.

They would make flying the DC-6 all the more realistic and give us something to do on long flights.

You'll find a short history of GCA that I wrote to go with Manfred Jahn's add-on here. The addon is here. A tutorial video I created is here.

The low-freq receiver and radio range stations for the US are part of the Milviz Cessna Bobcat (aka Bamboo Bomber and UC-78).

A bubble octant and related celestial navigation materials are available as part of a stand-alone addon.
                Last edited by Tasilpsin45; 01Jul2021, 15:48.
                Tom Harnish

Comment

Tom, I found it nice that PMDG has the periscopic sextant mount and celestial observation window in the cockpit. Look above and behind the FE's head. Very good attention to detail when building this addon. I haven't seen a GCA in a lot of years, thanks for the demo video. I think the last time I saw one was at RAF Mildenhall many years ago. It is called a "Talk Down" approach over there. I believe we flew that one to a "roller" aka touch and go 🙂. I hope that addons like the ones you are talking about become common in MSFS to. It would add to the experience.
                  Chris Hague, KSYR "Flying GPS Free since 1987"
                  Ryzen 7 3700x, 32 GB DDR4 3600 mhz, RTX 2060 OC 6 GB GDDR6 MSFS DC-6, P3Dv5 737 NGXu

Comment

I would like a simple option from PMDG that allows the user to see a little arrow of some sort that temporarily appears next to the MAP gauges, when the users’ throttles are moved and the AFE is selected. This would allow the user to match up their throttle position to that of the AFE, hopefully preventing sudden surges when talking control way from the AFE.
                    Robert J. Schumacher - KIAD

Comment

• sirbruchie
                      sirbruchie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll second this one...some kind of indicator would be nice.

It would be great to have AFE climb function. Useful for step up climbs or deviating
                    A.Poddoubnyi
                    flight sim enthusiast, airplane owner, CFI

Comment

Originally posted by ual763 View Post
                      I would like a simple option from PMDG that allows the user to see a little arrow of some sort that temporarily appears next to the MAP gauges, when the users’ throttles are moved and the AFE is selected. This would allow the user to match up their throttle position to that of the AFE, hopefully preventing sudden surges when talking control way from the AFE.
                      This is coming in a future update.
                      Fabio Miguez
                      twitch.tv/TheFlyingFabio

Comment

I miss the saucy stewardess that was part of our DC-3 crew.
                        Tom Harnish

Comment

Originally posted by Tasilpsin45 View Post
                          I miss the saucy stewardess that was part of our DC-3 crew.
                          "Don't get saucy with me, Béarnaise!" (From Mel Brooks' "History of the World, Part I")

Sorry, couldn't resist... 😎
                          Patrick Bell, Sr. USA
                          Home-built DFI LanPartyJr X58 MB, Intel i7-920 (OC'd to 3.8GHz), Triple-Channel Corsair 12 GB DDR3 3200 RAM, Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD, nVidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition, MS WIN 7 64-bit Ultimate.
                          P3D v4.5. PMDG products: ALL

Comment

I would like an SDK, for what I assume will be for a simconnect like API with the MSFS SDK.
                            In case I ever build a throttle quadrant for the DC6, I want electric motors to move the throttles when the AFE has control of them. Can't think of any other way to do this without a proper SDK.
                            William Holland

Comment

On this wish list, I would add, the ability to select OBS course on the GNS430 with the Course knob on the HSI.

I talk with the creator of the GNS530 mod, and for the 430, that the only way to make it work, he already contacted PMDG about it
                              Benjamin MATHON
                              Abidjan, Ivory Coast

Comment

My AFE suggestions:
                                1. There's a lot of white space, so I think larger buttons would help so we don't have to zoom in so much.
                                2. Organize them into phases of flight with a little separation between them. A couple times I've clicked on Wet Takeoff when I meant to enable Cruise. Preflight, Takeoff, Climb, Cruise, Descent/Landing.
                                3. Climb setting while in flight.
                                4. A version where we keep control of throttles and let the AFE flip all the switches.
                                Jon Sleeper

Comment

I would like the tablet to be on a longer mount so I can place it more into the cockpit. Looking left in VR hurts the neck, but looking down or up not so much. Suggest possibly placing it in your virtual lap.

Start-up smoke etc. when the visual effects allows for sure.

Some indication where in the check list the AFE is and then put a tick after the radio button to show it is complete. I'll often flip between cockpit and external views so don't always hear the "checklist complete" call out.

A friend of mine is mostly deaf and wanted to know if the cockpit voices can be added to the sub-titles in the sim if possible. Would make it more accessible?

Thank you
                                  Ian Watkins - (DNBOF in the air)

Comment

Since we have a DC-6 wishlist, and update for the P3D version……
                                    Matt Bernard KTPA

Comment

This is a big stretch, but along the lined of the AFE I do kind of with there was an Automated Mechanic. So after you land, you can ask a mechanic to look over the plane and he can tell you exactly why engine #2 went out half way through the flight. Or any other issues that may have some up. Also applies to non starting engines before you get in the air as well.
                                      Larry Adams (Bleu Faux/Zal Air/Farsel) Z-8

Comment

Originally posted by Zal Air View Post
                                        This is a big stretch, but along the lined of the AFE I do kind of with there was an Automated Mechanic. So after you land, you can ask a mechanic to look over the plane and he can tell you exactly why engine #2 went out half way through the flight. Or any other issues that may have some up. Also applies to non starting engines before you get in the air as well.
                                        Or a briefing switch, so after the flight if you used AFE or not, the engineer will tell you what you did wrong, what mechanical problem happened, why and how to avoid it. for exemple

- Took of with cold oil, you need it to get warm on the ground first
                                        Benjamin MATHON
                                        Abidjan, Ivory Coast

Comment

I wish there were pop-up windows for GSN430 and EFB, also pause at TOD, I did not read everything above not sure if those were requested before.
                                          Alaa Riad

Comment

Originally posted by alaaar View Post
                                            I wish there were pop-up windows for GSN430 and EFB, also pause at TOD, I did not read everything above not sure if those were requested before.
                                            The pop up for the GNS will be on the next update. Not the full unit only the internal window as it is for the default planes
                                            EFB pop up is not planned.
                                            Pause on TOD is not possible as there is no way for the plane to know where T/D is.
                                            Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                            PMDG Technical Support
                                            http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• alaaar
                                              alaaar commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Thank you Chris

While waiting for the fps performance drop with realistic engine behaviour, that keeps me on ground; I wish that we could have more bindings for our joysticks as some manipulators (as carburator axis, or fuel pumps switches, with separated and "one controlling four") Makes very difficult to be flyable in VR.
                                            And If PMDG could give us a webpage browser in the PAD to connect with Skyvector, that would be amazing for VR.

Cheers,
                                            Javier Rollón
                                            JRollon Planes

Comment

Originally posted by Japo32 View Post
                                              While waiting for the fps performance drop with realistic engine behaviour, that keeps me on ground; I wish that we could have more bindings for our joysticks as some manipulators (as carburator axis, or fuel pumps switches, with separated and "one controlling four") Makes very difficult to be flyable in VR.
                                              And If PMDG could give us a webpage browser in the PAD to connect with Skyvector, that would be amazing for VR.

Cheers,
                                              Not even in P3D I have ever seen a carburator heat axis control except in A2A's custom input configurator. Both P3D and MSFS seem not to have any control for carb heat?! That's too weird. I'm currently searching for the object number in the DC6 cockpit so I could write a script to move them together with two buttons... but no luck so far.
                                              i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                                              Marc Ehnle

Comment

I would like to bind the "Reverse Pitch Selector" to a button so I can focus on keeping the acft going straight down the runway.

Jack Willilam
                                                Jack William, KCRP

Comment

• mats0916
                                                  mats0916 commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  MSFS assignment Water rudder or Ctrl+W. As per the Introduction document

If anyone is interested

I found the carb heat levers to be object number 411 to 415.

If you have AxisAndOhs and want to bind them to buttons you can use these two scripts:

For levers up / carb heat warmer use:

{41107·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE|3)}{41207·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE|3 )}{41307·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE|3)}{41407·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE |3)}

For levers down / carb heat cooler use:

{41107·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE|3)}{41207·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE|3 )}{41307·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE|3)}{41407·(>K:ROTOR_BRAKE |3)}

I increased the speed of the levers slightly, if you want to move them faster or slower you can adjust the 3 in every bracket or remove |3 completely.

If you use FSUIPC I suppose it works so that you choose the rotor brake event and enter the values 41107 through 41407 for "up" and ###08 for down. No idea if it's possible there to move them together.
                                                Last edited by Ephedrin; 30Jun2021, 20:46.
                                                i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                                                Marc Ehnle

Comment

Thanks. I missed the Cntrl -W
                                                  Jack William, KCRP

Comment

Working...
                                                  X