Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Will the 777 be updated like the 737 and 747?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the 777 be updated like the 737 and 747?

Hello!

will there be a new and improved version of the 777 in the sense that we went from the NGX-NGXu?

thank you
    Amrick Dhillon

No, the upcoming update won't be payware, but it's a major update though.

Anton Vind

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Hello!

will there be a new and improved version of the 777 in the sense that we went from the NGX-NGXu?

thank you
      https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...n-on-sentences

Looks like the v5 version of the 777 is the next "upgrade". Haven't seen any talks about a revitalization though like the NGXu was.
      Josh Burr P3D v5.0.24.34874 Win 10
      i7-4790K GTX1080 8GB

Comment

Thanks for the responses and the link!

the part regarding a possible MD-11 was interesting, haha!
        Amrick Dhillon

Comment

The 777 definitely needs an overhaul like the NGX->NGXu, but for now an update is just fine. When the dear MSFS will come to life, I suspect that all products will be completely redesigned to take advantage of the awesome features the new sim will have to offer. It won't be just a "copy and paste" of the existing ones.
          But the incoming update definitely is going to revive the 777 😊
          Giovanni D. Tarar
          FAA CPL+IR Single & Multiengine Land
          I love flying when I'm in a bad mood

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            Hello!

thank you

someday, maybe ... but don't count on it, because it is already known that the 777 is not a priority for pmdg ... bearing in mind, again, that the 747, which was already much more recent, was updated to the prepar3d v5, and the 777 .. nothing ... so maybe it will be updated, maybe not .. maybe next month .. maybe in a few years ... don't count on it or create expectations.
            Leandro Manducci

Comment

Originally posted by Manducci View Post
              someday, maybe ... but don't count on it, because it is already known that the 777 is not a priority for pmdg ... bearing in mind, again, that the 747, which was already much more recent, was updated to the prepar3d v5, and the 777 .. nothing ... so maybe it will be updated, maybe not .. maybe next month .. maybe in a few years ... don't count on it or create expectations.
              I don't know what you're trying to get at here, but the 747 update was already being worked on when P3D V5 got released, so it naturally made more sense for the 747 to get updated first since they were already working on it anyway. Do keep in mind that the NGXu is a newer product than the 747, and it certainly wasn't the first one to be V5 compatible.
              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Given also the fact that (unfortunately) the 777 is the least updated product at the moment, it would be so much work to roll it out on v5, that naturally they focused more on the 747 and NGXu, which surely required less amount of work that the 777 would.
                But there will be an update eventually, and it's surely gonna happen in a month or two. Keep in mind GFO cannot launch without all the line being ready, so that is gonna push the 777 update to be completed in a decent amount of time.
                And also, now it's unlikely that it will be pushed back any further (unless MSFS launches, but I see it very unlikely too).
                Giovanni D. Tarar

Comment

Originally posted by Manducci View Post
                  Did you read the [07MAR20]-update that RSR published? He wrote a lot about the 777 and even provided a couple of images as well, so it's not like the 777 has been forgotten, some people are working at it. However, keep in mind that they've got tons of other stuff to do, so naturally the progress is slow. As Giovanni mentions, the update has to be published before GFO goes live, so my wild guess is that it will be available in a month or two. :-)

Anton Vind

Comment

PMDGs priority for some reason is to update an aircraft that isn't a primary long haul aircraft anymore. I'm not even expecting anything until MS2020. I'm enjoying the A330 as it's a fun plane to fly.
                    Peter Walsh.

Comment

Originally posted by VBHB View Post
                      PMDGs priority for some reason is to update an aircraft that isn't a primary long haul aircraft anymore. I'm not even expecting anything until MS2020. I'm enjoying the A330 as it's a fun plane to fly.
                      Peter,

If you mean the 747 then it was updated first sine a patch was in the works already when V5 was released.
                      Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                      PMDG Technical Support
                      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

I'm a bit lost. What needs improving on the 777 as dramatically as the NGX vs the u?
                        The NGX was quite old and the VC didn't really resemble a 737 properly. The 777 IMO seems really good still and with the addition of the new features after the updates (EFB, ACARS, PBR etc.) it will still remain a top tier product
                        Alex Farmer A.K.A Goldstar Textures

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFarmer View Post
                          I'm a bit lost. What needs improving on the 777 as dramatically as the NGX vs the u?
                          The NGX was quite old and the VC didn't really resemble a 737 properly. The 777 IMO seems really good still and with the addition of the new features after the updates (EFB, ACARS, PBR etc.) it will still remain a top tier product
                          The VC needs a lot of work to at least resemble the 747 or the NGXu, and there's also a lot of work to do in the systems.
                          A few times when following LNAV/VNAV paths the aircraft get confused, overshoots turns or is not able to meet an altitude/speed restriction. I also think that the FMS needs to be updated a bit, and have all the features needed for GFO.

Is not clear if the 777 will have an EFB, but if it's going to happen, probably it won't come out with this update.
                          Also converting all the texture to PBR is not an easy job (I think).

So given the difference between the NGXu and the 777, you can easily see how much PMDG has improved and stepped up on their quality during the years. Making the 777 exactly like the NGXu would require a new product; bringing it to the level of the 747 is something possible, but with much work.
                          It was a top tier product, but compared to what they've achieved today is definitely an old plane. That's the reason some users here keep saying that it's under work, but it'll take time.
                          Eventually we'll have it flying all nice and shiny. 😀
                          Giovanni D. Tarar

Comment

The 777 will get the EFB I think, it won't come with this update though. And yes, the update will include all the features needed to interact with GFO. Hopefully the 777 will be brought up to the 747 standard at least

EDIT: Btw are the windows in the 777 VC way off like they were in the NGX?

Anton Vind

Comment

Originally posted by CBT_Phoenix View Post
                              Is not clear if the 777 will have an EFB, but if it's going to happen, probably it won't come out with this update.
                              It will, but not with this update. I think they said it would be around the time they work on the -200ER.
                              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                                It will, but not with this update. I think they said it would be around the time they work on the -200ER.
                                Splendid news! To be honest I personally don't have the urge to get an EFB (neither on the 744 nor the 777), so hopefully the WIP update doesn't face new obstacles, hence new delays.
                                We want to see GFO rolled out 😁. Too bad it will be available only on PMDG aircrafts, and not a global network, but quality comes first!
                                Giovanni D. Tarar

Comment

Originally posted by CBT_Phoenix View Post
                                  Too bad it will be available only on PMDG aircrafts, and not a global network, but quality comes first!
                                  Aircraft from other developers such as the Aerosoft airbusses will also be able to participate in GFO :-)

Anton Vind

Comment

Originally posted by Anton Vind View Post

Aircraft from other developers such as the Aerosoft airbusses will also be able to participate in GFO :-)
                                    Oh yesssssss!!!! 🎉
                                    PMDG had a wonderful idea!!! 😍
                                    Giovanni D. Tarar

Comment

Exactly. It's very nice of PMDG to allow other developers to participate in GFO - will make the network even bigger. I think the Aerosoft A330 has already simulated that little screen in the flight deck that handles CPDLC etc. (of course it's not operational yet).

Anton Vind

Comment

• CBT_Phoenix
                                        CBT_Phoenix commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        They put it there just to tease us

• Anton Vind
                                        Anton Vind commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Yes 😩 <meeting requirement to write at least 10 characters> lol
                                    Working...
                                    X