Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

777 FS2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    777 FS2020

    Good evening Mr Robert and PMDG team, sorry for the question, I know you are very busy, I got the 737, great, and ymbm I have the 777 P3D. My question would be more or less by the end of this year, or next year will we have the 777? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    #2
    Please don't forget to sign your full name on your posts, which you agreed to do when you created your account. See rule number 1 at the top of this page. We would hate to see your posts get deleted because you forgot to do this.

    The plan is to bring both the 747 and the 777 to MSFS. Work on this will begin once the four 737 NG variants have been released, though it is not yet clearly in exactly which order the 747 and 777 will be brought over. Now that PMDG has experience with getting the 737 into MSFS, I expect that work on the 747 and 777 aircraft will proceed more smoothly. With help from Asobo to continue to make the simulator more welcoming to complex aircraft developers, it may speed things up even more.
    Tim Lincoln
    My YouTube Channel

    Comment


    • Aeroman08
      Aeroman08 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi sir,

      I understand there may be other considerations as to which aircraft to pursue next, but I would like to strongly suggest that the 777 be pursued first. Although I cannot wait for both aircraft, it would seem more logical and useful for the 777 to be released first, due to its much higher usage in airlines around the world. The 747 just isn't used nearly as much. Again, I'll be getting both, regardless, but I would love to be able to fly the 777 around utilizing it while I await the 747. =)

      Thank you!

      --
      Ryan Cummins

    #3
    No no no,,767 please.
    PMDG Cultist...Chris Honke (CYYZ)

    Comment


    • VHOJT
      VHOJT commented
      Editing a comment
      How dare you not demand an MD11. What have you done with the real Chris Honke?

    #4
    Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post
    The plan is to bring both the 747 and the 777 to MSFS. Work on this will begin once the four 737 NG variants have been released, though it is not yet clearly in exactly which order the 747 and 777 will be brought over. Now that PMDG has experience with getting the 737 into MSFS, I expect that work on the 747 and 777 aircraft will proceed more smoothly. With help from Asobo to continue to make the simulator more welcoming to complex aircraft developers, it may speed things up even more.
    Reading RSR's posts, unless he changes his mind, the 777 is first, and work has already started, the work/team will be ramped up once the 4 NG's are released
    Joe Colehouse

    Comment


      #5
      RSR said he'd ban me if I start T7 thread. But since it is not my thread my WAG is that we will not see T7 until late 2023 early 2024
      Aleks Matrosov

      Comment


        #6
        Aleks, I think he said he'd ban people for starting an MD-11 thread. I am just about to download Rotate's version as I think he's serious
        Adrian Howe

        Comment


          #7
          Originally posted by Ronaldo Santos View Post
          Good evening Mr Robert and PMDG team, sorry for the question, I know you are very busy, I got the 737, great, and ymbm I have the 777 P3D. My question would be more or less by the end of this year, or next year will we have the 777? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
          Thanks for your question folk. I'm waiting for the Pmdg B777 as well.

          Comment


            #8
            Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post
            Please don't forget to sign your full name on your posts, which you agreed to do when you created your account. See rule number 1 at the top of this page. We would hate to see your posts get deleted because you forgot to do this.

            The plan is to bring both the 747 and the 777 to MSFS. Work on this will begin once the four 737 NG variants have been released, though it is not yet clearly in exactly which order the 747 and 777 will be brought over. Now that PMDG has experience with getting the 737 into MSFS, I expect that work on the 747 and 777 aircraft will proceed more smoothly. With help from Asobo to continue to make the simulator more welcoming to complex aircraft developers, it may speed things up even more.

            I would suggest PMDG should bring the 777 first because we already have the 747 in the sim even its not that detailed, but i like the 777 also more, it would be also nice if PMDG could bring the MD 11, i think there are more interesting aircraft there then 747
            Dan Proud

            Comment


            • EasternT3
              EasternT3 commented
              Editing a comment
              777 is first, MD11 won't happen

              Also the 747 is iconic, plus the in sim 747 is the -8 not the popular -400, also the asobo 747 is nowhere the level the PMDG 747 will be
              Last edited by EasternT3; 02Sep2022, 22:23.

            #9
            Which models are planned apart from 737, 777 and 747 ? are there meybe some Airbus like a340 would be nice or 380 ?
            Dan Proud

            Comment


              #10
              It is highly unlikely that PMDG would create any Airbus aircraft, though I would love to see them do the A330, A340, or A350. Robert has hinted at the possibility of a 757, but I'm not entirely convinced that it is actually coming.
              Tim Lincoln
              My YouTube Channel

              Comment


                #11
                Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                No no no,,767 please.
                Yep. Yep.

                Then a 757
                NUNO PINTO
                CPU: Intel Core i9 11900K 5.3Ghz · RAM: 32GB GSkill 3800 16-18-18 · GPU: nVIDIA RTX3080 Ti · SSD: PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · Kioxia Exceria G2 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREESYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS · Windows 11

                Comment


                  #12
                  Originally posted by adadja View Post
                  Which models are planned apart from 737, 777 and 747 ? are there meybe some Airbus like a340 would be nice or 380 ?
                  I doubt we'd see a PMDG Airbus, especially the 2 you mentioned, the A380 is already in development by 2 developers and the A340 will probably be as commercially successful as the MD11

                  PMDG are more likely to carry on with Boeings, the 757 has been teased, the 767 would be a logical step from the 757 and also the 787
                  Joe Colehouse

                  Comment


                    #13
                    Originally posted by EasternT3 View Post

                    I doubt we'd see a PMDG Airbus, especially the 2 you mentioned, the A380 is already in development by 2 developers and the A340 will probably be as commercially successful as the MD11

                    PMDG are more likely to carry on with Boeings, the 757 has been teased, the 767 would be a logical step from the 757 and also the 787
                    Do u mean not a lot people would like to fly them ? but i love that aircraft especially the MD 11 of its tripple engine design, but anyway i think PMDG should bring more aircraft for msfs not just only three, i love the 737 at the moment its my favorite aircraft in the sim, but 767 and 787 would be also very nice
                    Dan Proud

                    Comment


                      #14
                      Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post
                      It is highly unlikely that PMDG would create any Airbus aircraft, though I would love to see them do the A330, A340, or A350. Robert has hinted at the possibility of a 757, but I'm not entirely convinced that it is actually coming.
                      the a330 is in the development by aerosoft, and they say it gonna come this year, but i heard a lot of critics of the aerosoft products like the crj1000 that they are not highly detailed and dont have the realistic physics
                      Dan Proud

                      Comment


                        #15
                        Originally posted by adadja View Post

                        Do u mean not a lot people would like to fly them ? but i love that aircraft especially the MD 11 of its tripple engine design, but anyway i think PMDG should bring more aircraft for msfs not just only three, i love the 737 at the moment its my favorite aircraft in the sim, but 767 and 787 would be also very nice
                        The PMDG MD11 released for FSX didn't sell well and that's why they didn't redo it for P3D. I'm sure PMDG will bring more than 4 aircraft to MSFS (you forgot the DC6), but it will take time as they take time to develop.
                        Joe Colehouse

                        Comment


                          #16
                          Originally posted by EasternT3 View Post

                          The PMDG MD11 released for FSX didn't sell well and that's why they didn't redo it for P3D. I'm sure PMDG will bring more than 4 aircraft to MSFS (you forgot the DC6), but it will take time as they take time to develop.
                          yes the DC 6 is beautiful, but i like more modern Jetliners, i think most of people want to fly modern jets
                          Dan Proud

                          Comment


                            #17
                            or PMDG could bring the Lockheed L-1011 TriStar its also interesting aircraft in my opinion
                            Dan Proud

                            Comment


                              #18
                              Originally posted by adadja View Post
                              or PMDG could bring the Lockheed L-1011 TriStar its also interesting aircraft in my opinion
                              I really don’t want to be “that guy” but please sign your posts. Rules are rules.

                              Work on the 777 has begun and then the 747 will be after that. Then from what I understand the 737 MAX will be after that.

                              I doubt there would ever be a PMDG airbus it wouldn’t make sense.
                              Mark Flynn

                              Comment


                                #19
                                Originally posted by Mark1102 View Post

                                I really don’t want to be “that guy” but please sign your posts. Rules are rules.

                                Work on the 777 has begun and then the 747 will be after that. Then from what I understand the 737 MAX will be after that.

                                I doubt there would ever be a PMDG airbus it wouldn’t make sense.
                                glad to hear that 777 gonna be first, how can i sign my posts ? are there some settings ?
                                Dan Proud

                                Comment


                                • EasternT3
                                  EasternT3 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Follow rule 1 at the top of the forum;

                                  1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box

                                #20
                                CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 777
                                P J Van't HOOFT

                                Comment


                                • ThomasALW
                                  ThomasALW commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Van't Hooft - I might have flown on one of your KLM 737 flights to Heathrow the other day. Was a great landing

                                #21
                                Originally posted by flight35 View Post
                                CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 777
                                Same here. My favourite aircraft.

                                Best.

                                Miquel Egea.

                                Comment


                                • vadriver
                                  vadriver commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  & you don't enjoy it in P3D / FSX ........

                                #22
                                Originally posted by matrosov View Post
                                RSR said he'd ban me if I start T7 thread. But since it is not my thread my WAG is that we will not see T7 until late 2023 early 2024
                                I hope your un-verified guess is way off. I am hoping for a 777 sooner than that. my uneducated guess is March 2023.
                                Paul Gugliotta
                                13900K CPU - 4090 GPU

                                Comment


                                  #23
                                  I reckon, 777 will land middle or late next year, looking at the dev cycles of the 737. At the end of the day, whatever makes commercial sales will fly and rest will all remain grounded.
                                  Pankaj

                                  Comment


                                    #24
                                    Apparently not many Sim Updates to cope with now after SU11. So maybe PMDG has a chance to work in peace for once. All I need is the 777 out of the way anyway 😜
                                    Last edited by Ephedrin; 22Nov2022, 11:54.
                                    Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
                                    Marc Eland
                                    GFO Beta

                                    Comment


                                    • ThomasALW
                                      ThomasALW commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Am with you Captain Eland. After the 777 is released, I will have to quit my job in order to fly her 24/7

                                    #25
                                    PMDG 777 first please waiting patiently

                                    Comment

                                    Working...
                                    X