Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

BBJ does not remember eye (seat) position in saved scenarios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBJ does not remember eye (seat) position in saved scenarios?

since the bbj release i noticed the default eye position is very low. so, move it up so i can see the wiper, do my flights, save my scenario, next time i load the scenario -- sitting down low again.
    Mike Teague - p3dv5 - B736 B737 B738 B739 B744 B748

Do you use chaseplane/ezdock?
    Matthew Chalupniczak

Comment

Originally posted by Dzosef View Post
      Do you use chaseplane/ezdock?
      negative, plain old v5

Comment

Nothing aircraft specific, as far as I'm aware. The viewpoint is not among the features saved in a P3D scenario save.

Comment

then that means pmdg stopped saving it as part of the panel state that it saves automatically i guess? the other pmdg aircraft have always saved it

Comment

PMDG aircraft do not automatically save their panelstate. You must be using an external addon for that .Better ask that addon developer.

Comment

• DDowns
              DDowns commented
              Editing a comment
              Mats, PMDG only saves panel state when you use the PMDG Setup save panel state.

• Emi
              Emi commented
              Editing a comment
              I am sure. PMDG aircraft do not *automatically* save their panelstate.
              Mike wrote above that "pmdg stopped saving [the cameraposition] as part of the panel state that it saves automatically".

PMDG aircraft do not automatically save panelstates.
              You can either save it manually, through the FMC menu, or by saving a flight in P3D. But there is no automatic saving of panelstates.

Why does this difference matter?
              If a panelstate is saved manually through the FMC then ONLY the panelstate is saved. That affects only the aircraft, NOT anything simulator related.
              If a whole flight is saved, then the user either does it manually using the P3D menu or by using an addon that creates autosaves, such as FSUIPC.
              Should be flight be saved manually through the P3D menu then it might be something to raise with Lockheed.
              If it's saved by FSUIPC I would recommend to first talk to Pete Dawson to see if he can do something about it.

Either way, there is no automatic saving of the panelstate in PMDG aircraft.

• mats0916
              mats0916 commented
              Editing a comment
              I stand corrected with regards to the panel state save. Thanks Dan and Emi for correcting me!

well something has been saving everything. either the save scenario or pmdg. because the view positions have always saved in all pmdg aircraft until the bbj and i dont run anything else. literally only run p3d, active sky and the aircraft. thats it

Last edited by kvuo75; 28Oct2020, 17:50.

Comment

• DDowns
              DDowns commented
              Editing a comment
              The P3D scenario has camera positions. When you save a scenario those are used when you load the scenario. The default scenario has the default camera settings.

ok then as i said originally, saving scenario is not saving the camera positions. so far only in the bbj i have not tested the other 737's

Comment

Originally posted by kvuo75 View Post
              ok then as i said originally, saving scenario is not saving the camera positions. so far only in the bbj i have not tested the other 737's
              A scenario file is a scenario file, they are not PMDG files rather they are created by the platform. When you load a PMDG aircraft, PMDG by default loads a default panel state or if loading a previously saved scenario it loads the panel state saved by the previous save action and a scenario saved by the previous save action. The format of the scenario file is not by PMDG but is the platform. PMDG does not manipulate these .fxml files.

I have not had a problem with loaded saved BBJ scenario related to cameras. You can open a .fxml file and look at it after a save and before a load to try to see what is going on.
              Dan Downs KCRP
              i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 2080Ti

Comment

do you change the height of the default eye position?

because iirc thats what its forgetting, the direction the camera is pointed saves, the height does not (shift-enter / shift-backspace)

Comment

Originally posted by kvuo75 View Post
                  do you change the height of the default eye position?

because iirc thats what its forgetting, the direction the camera is pointed saves, the height does not (shift-enter / shift-backspace)
                  I set up the views/cameras in the default flight. Not using the P3D default, I create my own (Trike (taken from FSX) or Mooney or whatever at my home base KCRP) and set the zoom levels ect. in the default. P3D uses those when it loads a new flight. Also, this sets the platform to your time zone with benefits for that.
                  Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

Originally posted by Emi View Post
                    PMDG aircraft do not automatically save their panelstate. You must be using an external addon for that .Better ask that addon developer.
                    At least for the 747 there is a panel state saved automatically every time you shut down the simulator, called Previous Flight.fxml (iirc). Put that as your default loaded panel state and that will function as if the aircraft is loaded next time in the sim as you left it the last time. No loading or saving panel states required in the FMC after you set it up this way.
                    Kind Regards,

Harm Swinkels

PMDG 747/737/777

Comment

• DDowns
                      DDowns commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The Previous Flight.fxml is created by FSUIPC..... oh... Emi already answered.

Originally posted by Heffron View Post

At least for the 747 there is a panel state saved automatically every time you shut down the simulator, called Previous Flight.fxml (iirc). Put that as your default loaded panel state and that will function as if the aircraft is loaded next time in the sim as you left it the last time. No loading or saving panel states required in the FMC after you set it up this way.
                    That's a feature of FSUIPC, not of the 747.

Comment

Originally posted by Emi View Post

That's a feature of FSUIPC, not of the 747.
                      Ah, i was not aware of that. I stand corrected. Never fiddle too much with FSUIPC other than axis assignments, so it does this by default? Apparently even when the autosave function is disabled, which it is in my case. Works flawless though
                      Last edited by Heffron; 29Oct2020, 00:26.
                      Kind Regards,

Harm Swinkels

PMDG 747/737/777

Comment

Originally posted by Heffron View Post

Ah, i was not aware of that. I stand corrected. Never fiddle too much with FSUIPC other than axis assignments, so it does this by default? Apparently even when the autosave function is disabled, which it is in my case.
                        Yes. This is something I just learned early this year. The line in fsuipc6.ini [General] section SavePreviousFlight=yes by default, change to no.
                        Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

This sounds exactly like the issue I mentioned yesterday here:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...spot-viewp3dv5

Are you using P3Dv5? I use both v4 and v5 but only have it in v5.

Try see if you can recreate doing this:

Load the plane from the create a flight menu. Do not used a saved flight or anything. Just simply load the aircraft into the default scenario. Once the sim loads don't look around or anything, just click on the HGS. Does your viewpoint adjust correctly? (Adjust viewpoint for HGS setting should be on for this to even work.) If it works like it should, change to another view; Spot or even another panel view. Then go back to the Virtual cockpit. Press Ctrl+Space (or whatever you might have remapped your Eyepoint - Reset command to). Does your viewpoint suddenly shift to the incorrect one?

If yes, this is the exact problem I'm having across the entire NGXu line. I can recreate it every time and it's not linked to a saved panel state.
                          Ryan Gamurot

Comment

Originally posted by rgamurot View Post
                            This sounds exactly like the issue I mentioned yesterday here:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...spot-viewp3dv5

Are you using P3Dv5? I use both v4 and v5 but only have it in v5.

Try see if you can recreate doing this:

Load the plane from the create a flight menu. Do not used a saved flight or anything. Just simply load the aircraft into the default scenario. Once the sim loads don't look around or anything, just click on the HGS. Does your viewpoint adjust correctly? (Adjust viewpoint for HGS setting should be on for this to even work.) If it works like it should, change to another view; Spot or even another panel view. Then go back to the Virtual cockpit. Press Ctrl+Space (or whatever you might have remapped your Eyepoint - Reset command to). Does your viewpoint suddenly shift to the incorrect one?

If yes, this is the exact problem I'm having across the entire NGXu line. I can recreate it every time and it's not linked to a saved panel state.
                            This problem description belongs on a support ticket Ryan. This procedure that reveals the issue isn't something I'd ever do even in testing, I'm used to starting with a default view at 0.70 zoom and then moving around depending on what phase I'm in.... that is, I adjust up and down manually and often. Good way to present the issue.
                            Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

• rgamurot
                              rgamurot commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Will file one. I wasn't sure if it was just me. I wanted to make absolutely sure it wasn't just my installation.
                          Working...
                          X