Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Loss of autopilot and control inputs during flight (737 and 747)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of autopilot and control inputs during flight (737 and 747)

After a certain time during flights in P3dv5 the autoilot stops working and the aircraft (737 and 747) begins to turn and dive in an uncontrolled manner. After turning the autopilot off it is not possible to make any inputs using the Joystick (T.1600M) or the throttle (TWCS Throttle). This happens in normal flight mode as well as increasing sim rate or moving the aircraft with the view map. But interestingly it occurs not on every flight. Turning off Active Sky has no effect. Somebody has an idea what could cause this problem? Thanks.

Enrico
    Enrico Bastianon

Stick calibration? I sometimes have to recalibrate on a 747 flight several times. (my stick is on the way out - but after 11 years, owes me little)

Too small a null zone?
    Last edited by Mickel; 01Sep2020, 12:32.
    Mike Dryden
    GFO Janitor
    Retrieving lost & abandoned airframes

Comment

I don't think this is the cause. The problem occurs only with PMDG aircrafts. With other aircrafts (standard or payware) I didn't encounter this problem. Therefore to me it seems an issue rather related to PMDG.

Enrico
      Enrico Bastianon

Comment

I used to have a similar situation where controllers (joysticks) will "fall asleep" and shut off if not used for some time - as with autopilot on. There is a setting in windows (don't remember it) ti allow controllers to work after being idle for some time - it is in power save option I think.
        Paul Gugliotta

Comment

Thanks for the hint. I will try out and give a feedback later.

Enrico
          Enrico Bastianon

Comment

I found the correspondent settings in the device manager/USB controller and changed them according to your suggestion. Unfortunately without any improvement. Thanks anyway.

Enrico

Enrico Bastianon

Comment

Meanwhile I have posted a ticket at the support desk. They advised me to completely rebuild the sim, what I did. That eliminated this tenacious problem. The cause could not be identified.
              Enrico Bastianon

Comment

Good to see you at least got it fixed, but sorry to hear you had to go through such drastic measures.
                Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Unfortunately all the other recommendations did not help him. Clean reinstall of our products, removal of some of the other products he had that are known to cause some strange issues from time to time, nothing helped. So this was one of the rare times we recommended a full sim reinstall...
                  Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                  PMDG Technical Support
                  http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post
                    Unfortunately all the other recommendations did not help him. Clean reinstall of our products, removal of some of the other products he had that are known to cause some strange issues from time to time, nothing helped. So this was one of the rare times we recommended a full sim reinstall...
                    I figured as much. I know you guys don't recommend doing it unless absolutely nothing else works.
                    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

It seems that the realturb add-on does quirky things to some aircraft that have there own turbulence and ground motion effects. I experienced the same situation as stated by the OP flying the NGXu out of KSAN today and caused a potential new episode for Air Disasters. I had to remove the Realturb NA to get the aircraft to behave. It causes the Leonardo Maddog to vibrate violently on take off with the Windshear warning going off bringing a well planned flight to termination. Too many programs doing the same thing is like too many cooks in the kitchen.
                      Victor Green

Comment

Originally posted by Lanica View Post
                        It seems that the realturb add-on does quirky things to some aircraft that have there own turbulence and ground motion effects. I experienced the same situation as stated by the OP flying the NGXu out of KSAN today and caused a potential new episode for Air Disasters. I had to remove the Realturb NA to get the aircraft to behave. It causes the Leonardo Maddog to vibrate violently on take off with the Windshear warning going off bringing a well planned flight to termination. Too many programs doing the same thing is like too many cooks in the kitchen.
                        Interesting. I can't say I've ever had any issues with Realturb when I used it.
                        Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                          Interesting. I can't say I've ever had any issues with Realturb when I used it.
                          Wish I could say that. I really like the effect the module provides, especially when decending over a mountain range. In the above mentioned scenario the NGXu actually became uncontrollable rolling in the opposite direction of the yoke even though the yoke n the VC moves with my Honeycomb. Maybe I'll put Realturb back in and give it another try.
                          Victor Green

Comment

Originally posted by Lanica View Post
                            Wish I could say that. I really like the effect the module provides, especially when decending over a mountain range. In the above mentioned scenario the NGXu actually became uncontrollable rolling in the opposite direction of the yoke even though the yoke n the VC moves with my Honeycomb. Maybe I'll put Realturb back in and give it another try.
                            Are you using Active Sky by chance, and if so, what do you have your turbulence sliders set at in Active Sky.
                            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                              Are you using Active Sky by chance, and if so, what do you have your turbulence sliders set at in Active Sky.
                              Yes. I keep them set pretty low. About 30%. I also use Chase Plane which as you know also has a camera shake. Today I ran the same flight KSAN to KDEN with RealTurb reinstalled with no problem. The only difference is I used default KSAN instead of the LVFR version which was the older one. I don't know. Seems some combination of addons that don't play well together in the more advanced version five. All seems OK now.
                              Victor Green

Comment

So you have three sources of head shaking all running at once. I use AS and chaseplane. And I have disabled one of them moving my head. Stop, think through what is the meaning of your sim, disable and continue.
                                Mats Johansson, PMDG Flight Test, ESSA | P3D v5 | Asus Prime Z270-A, Intel i5-7600K 4.8GHz, nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 2x8GB gSkill 3600 MHz DDR4

Comment

Working...
                                X