Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Weird panel states and GSX issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Weird panel states and GSX issues

    I posted this a while back in the general section, and didn't get any responses. This is happening on the 737NGXu and the 747.

    1. I load into strange panel states, even when I use ones I've created or a PMDG, and my load panel state is nothing.
    2. Some times some of the ground equipment wont clear when I request it, mostly the GPU.
    3. GSX wont board the plane when I request it, all the ground equipment just stays in the loaded state and don't move, and no PAX board. I will push me back and bring the stairs over, oh and it wont deplane either.

    From the little info I can find about this it seems like it could be a license issue. So my 777 works fine, no issues, I do have 2 accounts with 2 different emails on file with PMDG. The 777 is on one and the NGXu and 747 are on another... I have no idea that means anything or not. Every ounce of software on my computer is bought and paid for, these are not pirated add-ons. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times to no avail.
    Any help would be great
    Last edited by E190ATTCS; 01Aug2020, 22:12.
    Paul Meade

    #2
    Ok, let's face it step by step:

    1. By weird panel states, you mean all screen are black, click spots are not working and there is no gear on the outside view? If so, it's an activation issue, and you can try to solve it by creating an exception for P3D.exe in your AV, and running P3D as admin. If still this doesn't solve the issue, you might need to open a support ticket at support.pmdg.com.

    2. The ground equipments are dependent on some variables. For example, the ACU cannot be connected if the engines are running.

    3. This sounds more like a GSX issue, so you can try posting it in their forum. I had this issue as well, sometimes. But usually it clears on his own on a new sim start, or after an update.

    Hope it was of some help 🙂
    Giovanni D. Tarar
    FAA CPL+IR Single & Multiengine Land
    I love flying when I'm in a bad mood

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by CBT_Phoenix View Post
      Ok, let's face it step by step:

      1. By weird panel states, you mean all screen are black, click spots are not working and there is no gear on the outside view? If so, it's an activation issue, and you can try to solve it by creating an exception for P3D.exe in your AV, and running P3D as admin. If still this doesn't solve the issue, you might need to open a support ticket at support.pmdg.com.

      2. The ground equipments are dependent on some variables. For example, the ACU cannot be connected if the engines are running.

      3. This sounds more like a GSX issue, so you can try posting it in their forum. I had this issue as well, sometimes. But usually it clears on his own on a new sim start, or after an update.

      Hope it was of some help 🙂
      First thanks for the response!

      1. No its not an issue of blank or black screens or no landing gear, its more of each time I load the plane things are different.. meaning switches are in different positions and some systems are powered that shouldn't be, and even when I select the LONG panel state the same thing will happen from time to time. The one thing I forgot to mention is I never see the countdown timer in the NGXu, I will randomly see it in the 747, and always in the 777.

      2. I deleted all the generated panel states and left just the PMDG ones, and it didn't help. I'm gonna try deleting the FSUIPC ini file and let it rebuild.

      3. I will run and update on FSDT.

      The countdown timer thing is weird, and I can't recall when it started happening, and even on the last major update when I re-installed the NGXu it still doesn't come on when I load up.

      Thanks again for your help.
      Paul Meade

      Comment


        #4
        Paul,

        Which P3D product and version number?

        What is your default P3D flight?

        Do you reboot your PC before starting a flight?

        Are you loading a saved flight or testing with a new flight?
        Vaughan Martell KDTW

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by von View Post
          Paul,

          Which P3D product and version number?

          What is your default P3D flight?

          Do you reboot your PC before starting a flight?

          Are you loading a saved flight or testing with a new flight?

          1. V4.5.14.34698

          2. F22 at Eglin AFB

          3. No

          4. Always a new flight


          Thanks!

          Paul Meade

          Comment


            #6
            Paul,
            I am doing the same except for #3

            I always reboot my PC before starting a flight?

            Have you tested that way yet?

            Note/edit , if you have just exited P3D when you re-boot PC wait for P3D to finish completely closing which could take e.g., 15 to 30 seconds before starting P3D for the next flight.
            Last edited by von; 02Aug2020, 16:29.
            Vaughan Martell KDTW

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by von View Post
              Paul,
              I am doing the same except for #3

              I always reboot my PC before starting a flight?

              Have you tested that way yet?

              Note/edit , if you have just exited P3D when you re-boot PC wait for P3D to finish completely closing which could take e.g., 15 to 30 seconds before starting P3D for the next flight.
              I'll give it a shot.. thanks for your suggestions!
              Paul Meade

              Comment


                #8
                Question because I've actually never done it... does rebuilding the FSUIPC ini delete your control and switch bindings?
                Paul Meade

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by E190ATTCS View Post
                  Question because I've actually never done it... does rebuilding the FSUIPC ini delete your control and switch bindings?
                  I have used FSUIPC for years without a problem.

                  Have you tried just re-booting your PC before a flight yet?

                  Note:
                  Make a copy of your FSUIPC ini (all your control settings) file before doing anything (edits or testing) with FSUIPC.
                  Vaughan Martell KDTW

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I did a reboot and it didn't help... I think my FSUIPC is fine so I think I'll pass on doing that. I'm starting to think it might be something with the green message bar across the top of the screen and the NGXu and the 747, because I don't get any messages ie. no message from GSX asking about a pax count, no countdown timer, and no message from active sky if I don't load a flight plan. Is there anything that come up about that?
                    Paul Meade

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by E190ATTCS View Post
                      I did a reboot and it didn't help... I think my FSUIPC is fine so I think I'll pass on doing that. I'm starting to think it might be something with the green message bar across the top of the screen and the NGXu and the 747, because I don't get any messages ie. no message from GSX asking about a pax count, no countdown timer, and no message from active sky if I don't load a flight plan. Is there anything that come up about that?
                      That could be caused by the single add-ons' notifications settings, or by P3D. I don't know if you've already done that, but maybe a clean re-install of P3D might help. So this means everything, all add-ons, textures, folders, etc., and maybe also a wipe with CCleaner.
                      From what you're describing it could be more a sim issue, rather than a PMDG issue.
                      Giovanni D. Tarar
                      FAA CPL+IR Single & Multiengine Land
                      I love flying when I'm in a bad mood

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by CBT_Phoenix View Post

                        That could be caused by the single add-ons' notifications settings, or by P3D. I don't know if you've already done that, but maybe a clean re-install of P3D might help. So this means everything, all add-ons, textures, folders, etc., and maybe also a wipe with CCleaner.
                        From what you're describing it could be more a sim issue, rather than a PMDG issue.
                        Please stop recommending CCleaner, it is proven to delete important PMDG modules, such as the OC. Now even Microsoft is telling people to not use it with Windows.
                        Dan Downs KCRP
                        i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 1080Ti

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by CBT_Phoenix View Post

                          That could be caused by the single add-ons' notifications settings, or by P3D. I don't know if you've already done that, but maybe a clean re-install of P3D might help. So this means everything, all add-ons, textures, folders, etc., and maybe also a wipe with CCleaner.
                          From what you're describing it could be more a sim issue, rather than a PMDG issue.
                          This is only an issue with NGXu and sometimes on the 747, all other addon aircraft work just fine and I have a green status message bar... So I really don't think this is a sim issue. Final question and I just keep trying to figure this out on my own, when you do an update that requires a full reinstall, do you deactivate your license then reactivate it when you reinstall?

                          Edit: Doing a flight right now and the green P3D message bar is not being displayed on the NGXu, I told GSX to estimate PAX counts and now GSX is working fine, I'm test the 747 also... But my green P3D message bar is gone from the NGXu hence why I'm not seeing the countdown timer even though I know its going through the countdown. Flew the FSLabs A320 yesterday and that had the green bar, as well as the PMDG 777. I'm at a loss with this one.
                          Last edited by E190ATTCS; 05Aug2020, 14:11.
                          Paul Meade

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by E190ATTCS View Post

                            This is only an issue with NGXu and sometimes on the 747, all other addon aircraft work just fine and I have a green status message bar... So I really don't think this is a sim issue. Final question and I just keep trying to figure this out on my own, when you do an update that requires a full reinstall, do you deactivate your license then reactivate it when you reinstall?

                            Edit: Doing a flight right now and the green P3D message bar is not being displayed on the NGXu, I told GSX to estimate PAX counts and now GSX is working fine, I'm test the 747 also... But my green P3D message bar is gone from the NGXu hence why I'm not seeing the countdown timer even though I know its going through the countdown. Flew the FSLabs A320 yesterday and that had the green bar, as well as the PMDG 777. I'm at a loss with this one.
                            Hi Paul: Updates that require a full reinstall are announced as such in the forum and when attempting to use the OC for an update it will tell you if your version is too old. If it is too old that implies a full reinstall from a freshly downloaded installer. You never deactivate your license unless you are changing motherboards or computers (a simple CPU change does not require one). You certainly never deactivate your license for a product update.

                            I can't guess why the status line doesn't appear in the NGXu but does in other products. This is a new one. Maybe PMDG Product Support has seen this before and dropping them a support ticket might help. Regardless, please post here when you figure it out.
                            Dan Downs KCRP
                            i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 1080Ti

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by DDowns View Post

                              Please stop recommending CCleaner, it is proven to delete important PMDG modules, such as the OC. Now even Microsoft is telling people to not use it with Windows.
                              Could it be related to the selected items to wipe? Because I've been using CCleaner for years and it never touched any important files. Maybe because I've selected only very few items where I'm sure only garbage is present (?)
                              Anyway if it's wiping also important stuff I'll follow your advice to not recommend it. Better keeping some useless files than deleting important ones for sure.
                              Giovanni D. Tarar
                              FAA CPL+IR Single & Multiengine Land
                              I love flying when I'm in a bad mood

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by DDowns View Post

                                Hi Paul: Updates that require a full reinstall are announced as such in the forum and when attempting to use the OC for an update it will tell you if your version is too old. If it is too old that implies a full reinstall from a freshly downloaded installer. You never deactivate your license unless you are changing motherboards or computers (a simple CPU change does not require one). You certainly never deactivate your license for a product update.

                                I can't guess why the status line doesn't appear in the NGXu but does in other products. This is a new one. Maybe PMDG Product Support has seen this before and dropping them a support ticket might help. Regardless, please post here when you figure it out.
                                Thanks Dan

                                I've never deactivated my license in the many years I've been using PMDG addons, but I thought maybe I was doing it wrong. I think your right, I'll have to submit a ticket as I can see trying to solve this one on my own isn't really working out. It seems like the status bar is there, but just not being displayed. On my last flight I brought up the ATIS through P3D and not AS just to see if it would display in the green message line, and it didn't, just the aural ATIS. I will for sure post my findings.
                                Paul Meade

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Just wanted to bump this up just in case anyone else has this issue... All of my problems came from after installing a new version of P3D and I finally noticed I wasn't running in ADMIN mode. All problems solved now.
                                  Paul Meade

                                  Comment

                                  Working...
                                  X