Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

NGXu Bug or Failures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGXu Bug or Failures?

G’day All,

I have always enjoyed my PMDG aircraft, these guys do a great job. Lately though I’m losing all my hair with the NGXu issues I am facing.
    APU Gen not engaging, engines stuck with no thrust (I can see the levers move but aircraft generates no power), and the latest one is I tried to takeoff and eng 1 stops and shows Eng Fail.
    I have just about tried everything and the issues creep back up after a few flights. Issue that happens the most is APU Gen.

I’ve tried:
    - deleting panel states and creating new ones from a default load as suggested in other threads.
    - checked for failures and turned them off. Notice whilst doing this Tire Failure always seems to be active despite failures set to off.
    - complete uninstalled and reinstalled the NGXu

Something is not quite right and I can’t figure out why. Any help appreciated.

Currently running on P3Dv5 HF2. All other aircraft and sim is working with no issues. Failures and damage off in sim as well.

Cheers
    Bruno Ramos - YSSY

If you have FSUIPC delete the fsuipc.ini and let it rebuild on next start
    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
    PMDG Technical Support
    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Thank you Chris! I do have FSUIPC. It’s late here so I will give that a go tomorrow.

Cheers
      Bruno Ramos - YSSY

Comment

Update - So I have done as suggested Chris. Did a few test and I can say that Tire Failure always active despite failures set to off appears resolved.

Despite again after fsuipc.ini rebuild and creating new panel states from default the APU Gen got stuck on me again. APU is available but switches don’t engage and light remains on.

As for the others engines not producing thrust issue it can take a couple of days so see how that goes.
        Bruno Ramos - YSSY

Comment

Ok so multiple flights have gone by and I have not encountered issues with engine fails etc after allowing fsuipc.ini to regenerate. So fingers crossed on that front!

The APU Gen issue remains and happens in 1 out of 3 flights where it just doesn’t engage and light remains on. Tried again to delete panel states does not appear to resolve the problem.
          Last edited by BRamos; 01Aug2020, 11:44.
          Bruno Ramos - YSSY

Comment

The APU Gen not engaging is something I and other users have experienced as well.
            The only solution that seems to have worked so far is to delete every generated panel state after or before each flight. The NGXu automatically generates some panel states, so you just need to delete them and leave only the default ones.
            Giovanni D. Tarar
            FAA CPL+IR Single & Multiengine Land
            I love flying when I'm in a bad mood

Comment

Originally posted by CBT_Phoenix View Post
              The only solution that seems to have worked so far is to delete every generated panel state after or before each flight. The NGXu automatically generates some panel states, so you just need to delete them and leave only the default ones.
              By automatically generates some panel states do you mean like the ‘previous flight’ ones?
              Could I use the ones I’ve created with that workaround?

Bruno Ramos - YSSY

Comment

Originally posted by BRamos View Post

By automatically generates some panel states do you mean like the ‘previous flight’ ones?
                Could I use the ones I’ve created with that workaround?
                Yes those ones.
                I don't know how custom panel states can affect the APU issue, but I can suggest you to give it a try only with the default panel states without the generated ones (maybe temporarily move the custom ones in another folder). If that works, try adding the custom ones and give it another shot.
                Giovanni D. Tarar

Comment

Hello, I would like to report another bug that I have not seen so far. Rain enters the cabin and the effect is not seen in the windows. What can happen. Thank you very much.
                  I do not know if it is appropriate to ask for this thread. I'm new. Thank you.

Raúl Peluso

Comment

• DDowns
                    DDowns commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I understand, maybe incorrectly, that the interior rain effect only occurs if you are using the advanced atmospherics (still in beta).

Originally posted by Macpel View Post
                  Hello, I would like to report another bug that I have not seen so far. Rain enters the cabin and the effect is not seen in the windows. What can happen. Thank you very much.
                  I do not know if it is appropriate to ask for this thread. I'm new. Thank you.

Raúl Peluso
                  That is a known issue and lays within P3Dv5, and it's not PMDG's fault. According to LM, it will be fixed in v5.1
                  Giovanni D. Tarar

Comment

Thanks Giovanni I’ll see how I go.
                    Bruno Ramos - YSSY

Comment

• CBT_Phoenix
                      CBT_Phoenix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Keep us updated! I struggled with this issue for a while lol

Very good, thank you very much, lest there be a short in the panel. XD
                    We will wait. Thank you.

Raúl Peluso

Comment

Seems CBT_Phoenix might have us on the right track. Delete all the “Previous Flight” files from the panel states folder and so far hasn’t happened again. So I have created a batch file to automatically delete them when I launch P3D. I will continue with for a week and report if no further issues or give another update if it happens again.
                      Bruno Ramos - YSSY

Comment

I leave the “Previous Flight" and not have problem before, but today I accidently load that one before I (wait it fully loaded) and switch to a cold and dark state saved by me which I normally use.
                        Then the APU GEN just refuse to engage then.... I made a MEL on that and the rest of flight was eventless.
                        ZHU Hai
                        B737 Ground instructor

Comment

Ok I waited a little more than a week to confirm. Issue is gone with APU Gens not engaging. Definitely something to do with those ‘Previous Flight’ panel state saves the aircraft creates. Since I created a batch file to delete those before I run the sim I have not encountered the issue again.
                          CBT_Phoenix Cheers and Thank you
                          Bruno Ramos - YSSY

Comment

G’day All,

I have always enjoyed my PMDG aircraft, these guys do a great job. Lately though I’m losing all my hair with the NGXu issues I am facing.
                            APU Gen not engaging, engines stuck with no thrust (I can see the levers move but aircraft generates no power), and the latest one is I tried to takeoff and eng 1 stops and shows Eng Fail.
                            I have just about tried everything and the issues creep back up after a few flights. Issue that happens the most is APU Gen.

I’ve tried:
                            - deleting panel states and creating new ones from a default load as suggested in other threads.
                            - checked for failures and turned them off. Notice whilst doing this Tire Failure always seems to be active despite failures set to off.
                            - complete uninstalled and reinstalled the NGXu

Something is not quite right and I can’t figure out why. Any help appreciated.

Currently running on P3Dv5 HF2. All other aircraft and sim is working with no issues. Failures and damage off in sim as well.

Cheers
                            For some reason I have the same result with SOME of my panel saves! I have yet to predict or find out which or why they are corrupted, but its VERY annoying! And I thought that PMDG stopped the rain inside the cockpit, well its still raining through the ceiling...
                            Yours Truly
                            Boaz Fraizer

Comment

• DDowns
                              DDowns commented
                              Editing a comment
                              PMDG doesn't create rain effects, other than that stuff on the windscreen that I find to be an inadequate attempt. I've read that enhanced atmospherics causes this problem.... EA is still in beta. I keep it off.

• Windshear
                              Windshear commented
                              Editing a comment
                              No I will not keep it off thank you very much, it makes a world of a difference, I just read or misread the changelog to the latest updates having cleared this up...

But what about the saved panel states, its really terrible, as the sim is so unstable with VRAM and menus making it crash and freeze to death, I need to rely on the autosave, which unfortunately is even worse for my simming experience. I am quite horrified at the state of P3D V5 and the lack of response from LM, now that MSFS in out this is not creating any sense of loyalty in me...

Ok I waited a little more than a week to confirm. Issue is gone with APU Gens not engaging. Definitely something to do with those ‘Previous Flight’ panel state saves the aircraft creates. Since I created a batch file to delete those before I run the sim I have not encountered the issue again.
                            CBT_Phoenix Cheers and Thank you
                            PMDG does not create those previous flight files. Those are done by FSUIPC and I've looked at a way to disable the feature, which I have had numerous problems with, but I am still looking. Shout out if you figure out a way other than deleting files. FSUIPC can be a real PITA at times.
                            Dan Downs KCRP
                            i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 1080Ti

Comment

Originally posted by DDowns View Post

PMDG does not create those previous flight files. Those are done by FSUIPC and I've looked at a way to disable the feature, which I have had numerous problems with, but I am still looking. Shout out if you figure out a way other than deleting files. FSUIPC can be a real PITA at times.
                              Dan,

Use this statement in the fsuipc6 ini (the name for my version of FSUIPC ini ) file:

SavePreviousFlight=no

Example:
                              [General]
                              UpdatedByVersion=6010
                              History=2UAY6BRZPZOFV9MUID6RU
                              SavePreviousFlight=no
                              Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

Originally posted by von View Post

Dan,

Use this statement in the fsuipc6 ini (the name for my version of FSUIPC ini ) file:

SavePreviousFlight=no

Example:
                                [General]
                                UpdatedByVersion=6010
                                SavePreviousFlight=no
                                That really helps saving a lot of time.
                                Thanks 😊
                                Giovanni D. Tarar

Comment

Originally posted by Windshear View Post

For some reason I have the same result with SOME of my panel saves! I have yet to predict or find out which or why they are corrupted, but its VERY annoying! And I thought that PMDG stopped the rain inside the cockpit, well its still raining through the ceiling...
                                  I just read a post in the LM P3D beta forum that confirms the rain in VC is still an issue. Your choice is to accept the shower or turn of EA. LM expects to bring it out of beta soon with fixes for many issues including this one.
                                  Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

Seems CBT_Phoenix might have us on the right track. Delete all the “Previous Flight” files from the panel states folder and so far hasn’t happened again. So I have created a batch file to automatically delete them when I launch P3D. I will continue with for a week and report if no further issues or give another update if it happens again.
                                    Try this (FSUIPC users):

SavePreviousFlight=no

Example:
                                    [General]
                                    UpdatedByVersion=6010
                                    SavePreviousFlight=no

Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

Originally posted by von View Post

Try this (FSUIPC users):

SavePreviousFlight=no

Example:
                                      [General]
                                      UpdatedByVersion=6010
                                      SavePreviousFlight=no
                                      No wonder I couldn't find this... it was missing from my fsuipc6.ini. It's in there now. Thanks.
                                      Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

• mats0916
                                        mats0916 commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Included in mine too! Nice find.

Thanks for that. I will include that line in fsuipc ini file and see how it goes.
                                      cheers
                                      Bruno Ramos - YSSY

Comment

Alright. So I don’t know why or if just a coincidence but removing the batch file I created to delete the ‘previous flight’ saves and adding that line in fsuipc has made the APU Gen problem of not engaging come back. It is fsuipc creating those files but I had success with no APU Gen issues when it was creating the file and then batch deleted it.

This is very odd. I suspect something is corrupting panel save files perhaps fsuipc.

For the moment I will go back to letting it create then deleting it until I find a better option or one comes along.
                                        Bruno Ramos - YSSY

Comment

Working...
                                        X