Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Landing Gear Won't Retract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landing Gear Won't Retract

Hi everyone,

I'm having a consistent problem with my NGXu 737-600 in that after takeoff the landing gear doesn't retract. This is annoying!

I've tried both the keyboard (press G) and mapping the PMDG events to my Saitek quadrant via SPAD.NEXT.

I normally go for gear up on positive rate, so usually over the runway. I've found that if I wait a few seconds and have another go it works. Occasionally I have the same issue on landing. Am I missing something here because I can't figure this one out.

I could always add a delay into the Saitek routine and then run the command again but shouldn't really have to make work-arounds like this.

Many thanks
    Warwick Finch
    YSCB

I've had this problem too but alas I never figured out what's causing it. One theory I have is that I accidentally hit the gear button while still on the ground and that somehow locks the gear, but I have never tested it. Just a theory.
    André Hansson

Comment

Originally posted by AndreH View Post
      I've had this problem too but alas I never figured out what's causing it. One theory I have is that I accidentally hit the gear button while still on the ground and that somehow locks the gear, but I have never tested it. Just a theory.
      Interesting idea, Andre. Did the problem just go away by itself?

Cheers mate

Warwick Finch
      YSCB

Comment

Warwick, (totally sorry, I don't know which one is your first name so I took the first in place, please bear with me if it's wrong lol)

you say it works on a second attempt. So two things come to my mind:

1. Please check if the addon or sim simply doesn't react to your input or wether the landing gear lever snaps to the off (middle) position. This would relate to André's suggestion but I believe the 737 gives out an alarm if the landing gear lever is not down and you push the throttles forward but I'm not sure about that.

I have seen this with a LINDA module that seems to be unclear here, "up" seems to mean one step up of the lever. However I have to admit that this doesn't explain why "G" won't work.

2nd thought: There was a big update recently, I assume your addons are up-to-date. (Please check that). So if you use any saved panel states it is likely that they don't work anymore with this new update version and need to be deleted and (unforunately manually) rebuilt. I think you can also just delete them and then "repair" the installation with the installer file but I'm not 100% sure about that. Anyway your issue sounds a lot like a corrupted panel state.

i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
        Marc Ehnle

Comment

Originally posted by Maarp View Post

Interesting idea, Andre. Did the problem just go away by itself?

Cheers mate
          It reset to normal if I restarted the entire flight. I fly in VR so I often accidentally hit all kinds of keys and hence my theory that I accidentally hit G during setup while still on the ground.

A
          André Hansson

Comment

Originally posted by Maarp View Post
            Hi everyone,

I'm having a consistent problem with my NGXu 737-600 in that after takeoff the landing gear doesn't retract. This is annoying!

I've tried both the keyboard (press G) and mapping the PMDG events to my Saitek quadrant via SPAD.NEXT.

I normally go for gear up on positive rate, so usually over the runway. I've found that if I wait a few seconds and have another go it works. Occasionally I have the same issue on landing. Am I missing something here because I can't figure this one out.

I could always add a delay into the Saitek routine and then run the command again but shouldn't really have to make work-arounds like this.

Many thanks
            I have experienced this problem in the past and fixed it by deleting and then recalibrating the Gear (G) key in the simulator. I think it is a quirk of the simulator because when it has happened to me it has only done so once and then worked properly every time after that.

There isn't much point in trying to fix it by adding a delay and running the command again in your Spad.neXt software because this will simply lower the Gear again when your G key or switch is working properly. However, in Spad.neXt it is possible to increase the timing of a button press (or your Gear switch if you have Logitech's Multiswitch panel) and to program it so that it retracts the Gear. If applicable for the aircraft you are using, you can also include a decent time delay and program it to move the lever slowly to the OFF position once the Gear doors are closed. The next press is then programmed to lower the Gear - and these actions will then be repeated in the Gear's normal cycle of operation.
            Michael Codd

Comment

Thanks heaps for all the advice, buys. I'll try messing with the panel state and try just clicking on the gear lever instead.

Cheers

Warwick
              Warwick Finch
              YSCB

Comment

Just attempted my first PMDG flight with the NGXu 737- 800. A lovely aircraft but I also had the same problem with being unable to retract the gear - clicking on the lever simply took it to the centre 'locked' position (without retracting the gear) and using the G key had no effect whatsoever. Any help gratefully appreciated!

Comment

• Paul B
                  Paul B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hope I have resolved my particular issue - I clicked on the gear lever locking 'trigger' to move it, after that the gear operated with the "G" key as normal. I hadn't appreciated that the lock was functional (it wasn't on my previous 737).

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet: If the alternate gear extension door is open (on the floor behind the aft electronic panel) you can not retract the gear anymore.
                Be sure to include that door in your safety inspection checks!

Comment

Also make sure the postive climb on altimeter, rather than V/S.
                  And there will be a quite noticeable "Click" sound in cockpit even with TO engine roar when A/G senseor release the gear lever downlock pin.
                  Seems that sound isn't simulated in PMDG then?
                  ZHU Hai
                  B737 Ground instructor

Comment

Originally posted by AngelofAttack View Post
                    And there will be a quite noticeable "Click" sound in cockpit even with TO engine roar when A/G senseor release the gear lever downlock pin.
                    Seems that sound isn't simulated in PMDG then?
                    I guess not, I've never heard anything like that on the 737 during the take-off.
                    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Tried just clicking on the gear lever today and it still didn't work. After a few tries it retracted with the keyboard G so I'll take up your suggestions tomorrow and start working through them. Got a few things going on at the moment that are interfearing with flying! Grrrrr...
                      Warwick Finch
                      YSCB

Comment

• Harry de Jongh
                        Harry de Jongh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Goodmorning,

I had the same very annoying issue and it was driving me nuts. Like you did I tried and checked everything. As a last resort I checked the 737NGXu version and it turned out it was not the latest. After updating to the latest version in PMDG Operations Center gear retracks like sunshine :-)

Cheers,
                        Harry de Jongh

Warwick,

if you can‘t get it resolved with the advice given here I‘d suggest you submit a support ticket with a link to this thread. This really sounds weird to me and possibly PMDG can help you out with checking some logs.
                      i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                      Marc Ehnle

Comment

Working...
                      X