Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Can ngxu support reporting height of 5ft during landing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can ngxu support reporting height of 5ft during landing

    I hope the ngxu will report when it reaches 5 feet during landing, just like 50 30 20 10 5,More and more new 737NG are being delivered like this.
    At the same time, can we add a function: check the landing g value in FMC.

    https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Z7411d7jL
    In this video, you can see the latest 737 landing at ZSNJ at 04:30.
    The aircraft operates in Hainan Airlines
    Last edited by 736279662; 13Jul2020, 11:21.
    HAO ZUO

    #2
    Originally posted by 736279662 View Post
    I hope the ngxu will report when it reaches 5 feet during landing, just like 50 30 20 10 5,More and more new 737NG are being delivered like this.
    At the same time, can we add a function: check the landing g value in FMC.

    Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Thank you!

    https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
    PMDG Technical Support
    http://www.pmdg.com

    Comment


    • 736279662
      736279662 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your reminder. How does it look now

    #3
    Did anyone see this post?
    HAO ZUO

    Comment


      #4
      I did but this kind of things belong in a support ticket. Send the team a suggestion by submitting a support ticket and maybe open a poll here. Link the poll to the ticket and if enough people want this feature then it could possibly be implemented.

      I have never heard the 5ft call out on the 737 in real life. Must be a company thing. So I'm guessing you'd need enough people flying the NGXu simulating the procedures of a certain company which 737s have this 5ft callout.

      There are so many possible options available from the manufacturer that PMDG simply can't simulate every single one. For example in Europe the CVR is required to be on on the ground during briefings. On the 737 the CVR stays off until about 50% N1 so we have a switch to turn it on as soon as we arrive to the airplane. Implementing this would require modelling of the switch and programming the logic without any documentation other than pilot accounts. For the 5ft callout, they'd need to get in a simulator that has the callout and record it in an isolated way.

      It's not an easy thing to do so unless enough people want this particular customer option...
      Last edited by Aeromar; 12Jul2020, 23:23.
      Omar Josef
      Spain

      Comment


      • 736279662
        736279662 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much for your proposal. I listened to your opinion and sent a ticket to the team. They said that they had sent the request to the team to add the 5 'RA call out. Can say when and if it will be added thought, and the discussion on G value is still going on.

      #5
      Omar: Are you a 737 pilot in real life? You have awesome insight. If yes, I wonder if there was anything that you discovered on the PMDG 737 that you never knew about. I am sure you know your plane perfectly, but there's so much stuff in the cockpit and FMC pages.
      Paul Gugliotta

      Comment


      • 736279662
        736279662 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not a real pilot. I like flying because it's glamorous. So I watched a lot of civil aviation videos. At the same time, I found that the two functions proposed by me are helpful to the simulation flight, so I would like to put forward suggestions to improve the excellent pmdg737 products. Thank you for your support!

      #6
      Originally posted by Aeromar View Post
      I did but this kind of things belong in a support ticket. Send the team a suggestion by submitting a support ticket and maybe open a poll here. Link the poll to the ticket and if enough people want this feature then it could possibly be implemented.

      I have never heard the 5ft call out on the 737 in real life. Must be a company thing. So I'm guessing you'd need enough people flying the NGXu simulating the procedures of a certain company which 737s have this 5ft callout.

      There are so many possible options available from the manufacturer that PMDG simply can't simulate every single one. For example in Europe the CVR is required to be on on the ground during briefings. On the 737 the CVR stays off until about 50% N1 so we have a switch to turn it on as soon as we arrive to the airplane. Implementing this would require modelling of the switch and programming the logic without any documentation other than pilot accounts. For the 5ft callout, they'd need to get in an simulator that has the callout and record it in an isolated way.

      It's not an easy thing to do so unless enough people want this particular customer option...
      Omar,

      PMDG already have the Honeywell EGPWS “5” callout recording. They added it to the B744/8 a while back after I requested it via a support ticket.

      Honeywell added this to their EGPWS software 10+ years ago. Very popular with mainland China operators.



      Rob was surprised when I brought this up the first time (I provided technical reference documentation via email) and to my pleasant surmise it was added in a subsequent microupdate!
      Leo Cal

      Comment


        #7
        Originally posted by 736279662 View Post
        I hope the ngxu will report when it reaches 5 feet during landing, just like 50 30 20 10 5,More and more new 737NG are being delivered like this.
        At the same time, can we add a function: check the landing g value in FMC.
        Hao, submit a friendly ticket to PMDG and with some luck you will see it in a future update!
        Leo Cal

        Comment


        • 736279662
          736279662 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much for your proposal. I listened to your opinion and sent a ticket to the team. They said that they had sent the request to the team to add the 5 'RA call out. Can say when and if it will be added thought, and the discussion on G value is still going on.

        #8
        Originally posted by Calzonister View Post

        Omar,

        PMDG already have the Honeywell EGPWS “5” callout recording. They added it to the B744/8 a while back after I requested it via a support ticket.

        Honeywell added this to their EGPWS software 10+ years ago. Very popular with mainland China operators.



        Rob was surprised when I brought this up the first time (I provided technical reference documentation via email) and to my pleasant surmise it was added in a subsequent microupdate!
        Very interesting. Well, if the audio is there, then it's less of an issue than i thought. I requested adding an "80knots" pilot callout during take off roll. It's very common in some airlines to differentiate high speed and low speed rejects among other things.
        Omar Josef
        Spain

        Comment


        • AlexFarmer
          AlexFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be nice to have the airspeed alive etc. callouts from the 747 also. I use Fs2crew though so no big issue personally

        #9
        Originally posted by Paulyg123 View Post
        Omar: Are you a 737 pilot in real life? You have awesome insight. If yes, I wonder if there was anything that you discovered on the PMDG 737 that you never knew about. I am sure you know your plane perfectly, but there's so much stuff in the cockpit and FMC pages.
        Hi. Yes. There's a few things that I wouldn't dare to do in the real airplane because they're things that only engineers do. For example hydraulic fluid equalization. No IRL pilot would know how to do it yet it's implemented in the NGXu. Regarding FMC pages and BITE tests, the real airplane is so much more complex (because it needs to be). Sometimes during a turnaround we talk to the engineers about things we saw on a flight and they say "Oh, let me have a look" and they start pressing buttons and weird things appear on the screens. Some other times they plug in a laptop in the socket next to the observer jumpseat and even weirder things happen. Also, in a "rich" company like the one I fly for now, sometimes they just jump in and change a display or a full CDU and they set things up. And then there's the avionics compartment (E/E), which is an absolute mystery to pilots. It's as if the airplane is a completely different machine depending on whether you're a pilot or an engineer. As pilots we know just what we need to know and if there are more engineering quirks that the NGXu has implemented, that only an engineer would be able to spot, I have not enough knowledge to detect those things. There's just so much stuff to remember that you simply can't retain much more than what you absolutely need to know.

        Having said that, to conduct normal operation and some non-normal operation as a pilot, the NGXu allows you to do about 99% of what we do in the real airplane. I assume in the other PMDG airplanes it's about the same.
        Omar Josef
        Spain

        Comment


          #10
          Originally posted by Aeromar View Post

          Hi. Yes. There's a few things that I wouldn't dare to do in the real airplane because they're things that only engineers do. For example hydraulic fluid equalization. No IRL pilot would know how to do it yet it's implemented in the NGXu. Regarding FMC pages and BITE tests, the real airplane is so much more complex (because it needs to be). Sometimes during a turnaround we talk to the engineers about things we saw on a flight and they say "Oh, let me have a look" and they start pressing buttons and weird things appear on the screens. Some other times they plug in a laptop in the socket next to the observer jumpseat and even weirder things happen. Also, in a "rich" company like the one I fly for now, sometimes they just jump in and change a display or a full CDU and they set things up. And then there's the avionics compartment (E/E), which is an absolute mystery to pilots. It's as if the airplane is a completely different machine depending on whether you're a pilot or an engineer. As pilots we know just what we need to know and if there are more engineering quirks that the NGXu has implemented, that only an engineer would be able to spot, I have not enough knowledge to detect those things. There's just so much stuff to remember that you simply can't retain much more than what you absolutely need to know.

          Having said that, to conduct normal operation and some non-normal operation as a pilot, the NGXu allows you to do about 99% of what we do in the real airplane. I assume in the other PMDG airplanes it's about the same.
          I think there are still things that YOU know which you do many times a day that most of us will never know... like, how exactly to enter a cockpit door 😂
          i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
          Marc Ehnle

          Comment


            #11
            https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Z7411d7jL
            In this video, you can see the latest 737 landing at ZSNJ at 04:30.
            The aircraft operates in Hainan Airlines
            HAO ZUO

            Comment


              #12
              Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post

              I think there are still things that YOU know which you do many times a day that most of us will never know... like, how exactly to enter a cockpit door 😂
              Oh, you just pull.
              Omar Josef
              Spain

              Comment


              • Ephedrin
                Ephedrin commented
                Editing a comment
                😂 Kevin and you... smartasses 😂👍

              #13
              Originally posted by Aeromar View Post
              Very interesting. Well, if the audio is there, then it's less of an issue than i thought. I requested adding an "80knots" pilot callout during take off roll. It's very common in some airlines to differentiate high speed and low speed rejects among other things.
              I asked via support ticket yesterday if they were planning on adding the 80-knot callout along with positive rate and airspeed alive, they said it was planned for a future update.
              Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post
              I think there are still things that YOU know which you do many times a day that most of us will never know... like, how exactly to enter a cockpit door 😂
              No, you don't want to walk inside a door. If you do, that will hurt.
              Captain Kevin

              Kevin Yang

              Comment


              • Ephedrin
                Ephedrin commented
                Editing a comment
                😂😂😂😂 touché
            Working...
            X