Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

New NGXu Install - APU starts but GENs won't switch on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still on 5.2, and that is where I encountered it. That said, it WAS a fresh install of 5.2 on a new computer, so really a fresh install of everything. Wonder if that somehow plays a role?

And, my technique of no set startup panel state and consistent "default" temp/weather/location for the startup FAILED. I got hit with the bug again even doing that. I am just going to go back to a usual startup, with a set panel state startup set. I can see the fault within 30 seconds or so from startup (start P3D, set the scenario, spawn it, allow NGXu to initiate), so if I get the fault I'll just shutdown P3D, and restart until I don't get hit with it.

I can't see any other solution right now, other than seeking MEL relief and using a power cart! 😀 By MEL the APU generators are not required on a 737, except for extended range ops. But that said, there could be some other non-obvious generated software issues to the power systems, if this triggers. Much less of a pain to just restart than potentially have to scrub in the air mid-flight!

And for the debug, it may be that two or three required links in the chain must co-exist to generate the fault, which really does confound the search. I bet it will be found (if it ever is) to be a buffer overrun of some sort.

* Orest
    Last edited by UAL001; 13Dec2021, 04:34.
    ----
    Orest Skrypuch
    CEO, united-virtual.com

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post
      This is still not reproduced in our machines, I never had it on numerous flights i have as as well.
      Perhaps we could generate a log file of the start up and everything running, when the fault triggers send that in. Would that not help to try to track it down? There is obviously a long list of static values, some of which would have to be out of limits.

* Orest
      Last edited by UAL001; 16Dec2021, 02:17.
      ----
      Orest Skrypuch
      CEO, united-virtual.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAL001 View Post

Perhaps we could generate a log file of the start up and everything running, when the fault triggers send that in. Would that not help to try to track it down? There is obviously a long list of static values, some of which would have to be out of limits.

* Orest
        There is such a log but there was nothing of value in there on the persons that have seen it and come at support.
        Chris Makris (Olympic260)
        PMDG Technical Support
        http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

I also had this error with APU again.

I don't understand why it keeps happening sporadically.

Unfortunately I have to get used to starting the APU quickly ... I try after 15-20 minutes ... There are always problems ...

The problem has existed for over 1.5 years ... Many users have reported a problem ... I don't understand why PMDG does not provide an update to fix the problem.

Nor is it enough to say that we will not find any faults.

There is this bug and some users have reported it ... so there is a problem ... Existing for over 1.5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by cemcengiz View Post
            I also had this error with APU again.

I don't understand why it keeps happening sporadically.

Unfortunately I have to get used to starting the APU quickly ... I try after 15-20 minutes ... There are always problems ...

The problem has existed for over 1.5 years ... Many users have reported a problem ... I don't understand why PMDG does not provide an update to fix the problem.

There is this bug and some users have reported it ... so there is a problem ... Existing for over 1.5 years.
            One cannot solve a problem until they understand it. Provide PMDG steps to reproduce the problem, ha ha... you can't can you?
            Dan Downs KCRP
            i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

Comment

Originally posted by cemcengiz View Post

First, PMDG requires you to sign your posts with your first and last name, which you agreed to when you created an account here. You can set up a signature to avoid forgetting by following the instructions here:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

PMDG is aware that some users are having this problem. The problem is they haven't been able to reproduce it themselves, and so far, from what I've seen, nobody's been able to come up with steps to reproduce the problem. Everybody's just been saying it happens randomly. That makes it a little difficult to try to solve the problem when they haven't figured out why it happens in the first place and they can't reproduce it. I personally haven't ever seen it happen before, so I don't know what's different about my setup versus other people who do have issues.
              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Same problem over here

It suddenly started out of nowhere. Happens very often now.

I'm just rolling back my system to see if that helps.

Best regards Andreas Vavra

Comment

Problem solved. All fine after rolling back to the last backup made 1 week ago. Files must have been corrupted somehow. I did not install any third party software in the meantime.

Andreas Vavra

Comment

It is not gone

I'm opening a ticket now. Although I do not have much hope

Andreas Vavra

Comment

Originally posted by 737Andi View Post
                      It is not gone

I'm opening a ticket now. Although I do not have much hope

Andreas Vavra
                      Please open a ticket ONLY if you have 100% reproducable steps, otherwise there is nothing we can do. This is known but not reproduced
                      Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                      PMDG Technical Support
                      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

I had the same problem with my hard panel until I changed the switch setting to "left single" (536870912) iso only 1 and 0.
                        I guess that is because the switches here act as buttons
                        HenningR

Comment

I've had this happen several times. Totally random. At first, I thought it might be temperature related, but since then it's happened in cold, hot and "normal" temps. It doesn't happen often. Probably about 5% of the time. Instead of restarting the sim, I just use the air-start unit. No specific aircraft variant or livery. It happened in 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3, and with both Hot fixes. Not reproducible.
                          Bob Klemm

Comment

It's happened a couple times in a row now, at LVFR KBWI. Another anomaly at that airport is, when I load the plane, it's usually got smoke and fire coming out from somewhere under the center of the fuselage. This is with no failures active. It goes away after I've pushed and started engines. Like BWI is cursed....
                            Bob Klemm

Comment

This just happened to me for the first time yesterday. The only thing "new" as of late is I updated to to the recent HF2 and started using the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and Boeing TCA yoke. I have never had the problem and I have been flying the NGXu since the day it was released. Strange. After I rebooted the sim though all was well. I start up in the default scenario and have no saved panel states. I rebooted with the same aircraft and the same scenery (and gate) and the same time as the "problem" flight. I will work to see if I can find a non-intermittent scenario when this occurs but based upon this thread I am not optimistic I will be able to do so. Hopefully someone will be able to find what is causing this to occur.

Todd Legon
                              Todd Legon

Comment

Well, a first for me on this -- this startup bug occurred THREE times in a row, unusual. I was getting a bit worried that my NGXu days were coming to an end!

But, on the fourth restart/reload it was working again.

* Orest
                                ----
                                Orest Skrypuch
                                CEO, united-virtual.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAL001 View Post
                                  Well, a first for me on this -- this startup bug occurred THREE times in a row, unusual. I was getting a bit worried that my NGXu days were coming to an end!

But, on the fourth restart/reload it was working again.

* Orest
                                  And did you do ANYTHING differently the fourth time?

You say fourth reload? Did you restart the sim everytime? If so, do you remember and can you say for sure that the sim time of all four attempts was NOT set to the future? I ask because P3D still has a strange time zone bug and I had a couple of strange experiences when that happened but I was not able to reproduce them.
                                  Last edited by Ephedrin; 21Feb2022, 12:03. Reason: Fat fingers
                                  Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
                                  Marc Ehnle
                                  GFO Beta

Comment

I am having the same issues today, bringing the 2 APU switches down and nothing happens... I am starting my engines with the ASU instead for now.

Comment

Working...
                                    X