Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Sim crashed after pushing the execute button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim crashed after pushing the execute button

Hello everyone,

I have following issue with the NGXu in P3D V4.5:

I created a full flight including FMC etc. and flew at FL350, with autopilot, LNAV and VNAV activated. I saved the flight in P3d and closed the sim and powered off my pc.
    Later I restarted my pc and loaded my flight with the NXGu over the P3d menu and the sim loaded it correctly. When I was back in the cockpit I was told to execute the route and to select the upcoming waypoint, which I did and LNAV worked fine. But now the issue. To activate VNAV I must enter the Cruse-Flightlevel at the Cruise-Page. I entered 350 and when I pushed execute P3d crashed.
    I tried it three times with no success and each time I had this failure.

Hopefully there is someone with the same issue, who could help me, because it’s really frustrating if I start a flight and can’t finish it later.

Nice to know: with 747 and 777 I didn’t have this issue. Only with 737.

Maybe it’s on PMDGs List but I didn’t find a topic in this forum regarding this issue.

King regards

Soeren Moehrs

Sorry, I did not follow your information well.
    Was this all a pre-flight which was saved (flight) while you were on the ground?
    Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

I'm with Vaughan on this one... it's not clear.

If you save a scenario in P3D where the aircraft is at cruise straight and level then when you restart (you must exit and restart P3D) and load the scenario that was previously saved, after the 20 s initialization the aircraft should be at cruise straight and level and the AFDS modes should be the same (LNAV/VNAV for example). There is no need to activate VNAV, make any entries in the FMS.
      Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

Hey,

sorry, if I wasn’t clear in the beginning. I will try it again.

I started P3d and created a new flight. I entered everything in FMC. Then taxi, takeoff und flying with autopilot at CRZ ALT. (Let me say I fly from Munich to London and after 50% of the flight I need to leave because I have an appointment) Then I saved the scenario, exit the sim and shutdown my pc.
        Until this point, there is no issue.

Later, I started my pc, started P3d, loaded the scenario, and after the 20s. initialization I must execute the route again, which works fine.

Now my problem!

(I took a photo right after the initialization process, which is down below.)

On the right FMC I opened the page where I must enter the CRZ ALT. I entered 350 and when I pressed execute the sim crashed.

Hopefully it shows my problem a bit better than previously.

Thanks for your answers.

Soeren Moehrs

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhwUGIwt5yL8oRaX...bchZg?e=asWmah
        Last edited by Okke1997; 12Feb2020, 21:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Okke1997 View Post
          Hey,

sorry, if I wasn’t clear in the beginning. I will try it again.

I started P3d and created a new flight. I entered everything in FMC. Then taxi, takeoff und flying with autopilot at CRZ ALT. (Let me say I fly from Munich to London and after 50% of the flight I need to leave because I have an appointment) Then I saved the scenario, exit the sim and shutdown my pc.
          Until this point, there is no issue.

Later, I started my pc, started P3d, loaded the scenario, and after the 20s. initialization I must execute the route again, which works fine.

Now my problem!

(I took a photo right after the initialization process, which is down below.)

On the right FMC I opened the page where I must enter the CRZ ALT. I entered 350 and when I pressed execute the sim crashed.

Hopefully it shows my problem a bit better than previously.

Thanks for your answers.

Soeren Moehrs
          How did you save the scenario? Thee should be no reason for you to have to re enter a cruize altitude after loading a save flight
          Chris Makris (Olympic260)
          PMDG Technical Support
          http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Hey Chris,

I saved the scenario over the P3D menu.

Is it better to save it over the FMC?

thanks for your help.

Soeren Moehrs

Comment

Hey Chris,

I saved the scenario over the P3D menu.

Is it better to save it over the FMC?

thanks for your help.

Soeren Moehrs
              I just run a test here. I saved a flight while in cruize the same way as you did, closed P3D. Open it load the flight from load flight screen and it loaded without any information missing. What panel state you used initially?
              PMDG Technical Support

Comment

One day I started a new flight and set some lights in the cockpit to 50% and pressed the MTRS and FPV and set the Baro to HPA. I saved this “settings” over the FMC as a new state panel which I called “gate”. I did that, so I don't have to do it every time. Like your cold and dark setting with some extras.

Each time I start new flight, after the initialization I load the panel state "gate" over the FMC and then I do all the things which are necessary before a flight.

I did the same for 747-8 and I never had any issues.

Shall I attach the panel state files?

Soeren Moehrs

Comment

One day I started a new flight and set some lights in the cockpit to 50% and pressed the MTRS and FPV and set the Baro to HPA. I saved this “settings” over the FMC as a new state panel which I called “gate”. I did that, so I don't have to do it every time. Like your cold and dark setting with some extras.

Each time I start new flight, after the initialization I load the panel state "gate" over the FMC and then I do all the things which are necessary before a flight.

I did the same for 747-8 and I never had any issues.

Shall I attach the panel state files?

Soeren Moehrs
                  If the panel state was created with a previous version than the one you are running this can cause the issues. Our recommendation is to make new panel states with each new build we release.
                  PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Ok. I will try it and will give you an update later

Soeren Moehrs

Comment

I deleted the old panel state and started p3d and created a new scenario and created a whole new panel state, which I saved over the FMC. Afterwards I closed p3d again and restarted the programm and created a new flight like I mentioned previously. I flew on CRZ ALT and saved it again in P3d. I closed the sim and started P3D again and after the intilization I have the same problem, that I must execute the route and the CRZ ALT in the FMC. And after pressing execute for CRZ ALT the sim crashed.

Long story short - With a new created panel state nothing change.

Comment

I would like to set up the same flight and do a test.
                        What is your full route information.
                        Which PMDG737u aircraft/livery?
                        After your saved flight loads it would be helpful to post screenshots of your CDU Legs pages and MCP.

Note:
                        All my saved en-route flights (from cruise and during descent) from 1-26-2020 are still loading ok.
                        Last edited by von; 12Feb2020, 16:34.
                        Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

Tomorrow afternoon I will have some spare time and then I will give you everything you need. Maybe I will record a Video to show the problem or create a folder, with every file I used.

As I said. If I do the same with 747 or 777, I don't have that issue. But maybe we will find a solution.

Thanks for your time. Really appreciate it.

Soeren Moehrs

Comment

Tomorrow afternoon I will have some spare time and then I will give you everything you need. Maybe I will record a Video to show the problem or create a folder, with every file I used.

As I said. If I do the same with 747 or 777, I don't have that issue. But maybe we will find a solution.

Thanks for your time. Really appreciate it.

Soeren Moehrs
                            To get me started all I need is the route with any SID/STAR in use.
                            Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

I always fly with the 737-900 SSW with the DELTA Livery. I normaly use a created panel state which I load directly after the initilazation.

You can see the route on the picture down below.

Nice to know - The issue of this topic happens with every route I flew since the release of NGXu.

Soeren Moehrs
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Okke1997; 12Feb2020, 19:46.

Comment

I always fly with the 737-900 SSW with the DELTA Livery. I normaly use a created panel state which I load directly after the initilazation.

You can see the route on the picture down below.

Nice to know - The issue of this topic happens with every route I flew since the release of NGXu.
                                Thanks for the route info, I will have a look.

I normally do not start with a previously user saved panel state.
                                Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

Originally posted by von View Post

Thanks for the route info, I will have a look.

I normally do not start with a previously user saved panel state.
                                  Your welcome. Later I will try it with the default panel state.

Thanks for your time.

Soeren Moehrs

Comment

Your welcome. Later I will try it with the default panel state.

Thanks for your time.

Soeren Moehrs
                                    You mentioned:
                                    737-900 SSW Delta
                                    Did you mean 737-900er ?

Just to verify:
                                    Your first post mentioned :
                                    I created a full flight including FMC etc. and flew at FL350

your screenshot route shows FL380?
                                    Last edited by von; 12Feb2020, 20:00.
                                    Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

Sorry your right. 737-900er NGXu SSW Delta. Yes, my screenshots show FL380 but I climbed 350 initially but I can't say why.

At the moment I am trying the same with a default panel state.

Soeren Moehrs

Comment

Sorry your right. 737-900er NGXu SSW Delta. Yes, my screenshots show FL380 but I climbed 350 initially but I can't say why.

At the moment I am trying the same with a default panel state.

Soeren Moehrs
                                        Ok,

I will wait for your next test to complete.

For a quick flight test it is easy to start with engines running (default, no panel state) on a taxi off stand, load fuel/bags, route, finish up CDU, panels / cross checks during taxi / hold short (save the flight here) and go. Save again before TOD.
                                        Last edited by von; 12Feb2020, 20:39.
                                        Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

I did it with no success. Whole new flight, default panel state, same route as I sent in this forum, CRZ ALT was 36000, saved the file, closed everthing, started sim and then you can watch the video I attached.

Update: I did a second test. If I do everthing on ground and save the scenario before take off and close everything and restart P3d again with this scenario -> it works like Chris wrote in the beginning (no need to execute the route or the CRZ ALT) except from ACARS, which I have to fill out again.

Soeren Moehrs
                                          Last edited by Okke1997; 12Feb2020, 21:56.

Comment

In your video I did not see the saved flight beginning at Cruise?
                                            Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

As I mentioned, whole new flight and I flew until I was at cruise level. Then I saved the scenario and closed P3d completly. The video shows what happened, when I load the scenario again, because there I have some trouble. Bevor saving a scenario there is no issue.

Ok, I will record a new video before I save the flight and try to show everything what is important.

Soeren Moehrs

Comment

I skipped the loading part and the time after take off until reaching CRZ ALT to save some storage. And please no comments about the unusual preparation. I tried to save some time and show only the important things.

Soeren Moehrs
                                                Last edited by Okke1997; 12Feb2020, 22:04.

Comment

For the last crash.
                                                  Go to your
                                                  Windows Event Viewer
                                                  Windows logs
                                                  Application
                                                  Scroll down the list to find your "red" error
                                                  click on the red error to bring up the error information
                                                  What is the
                                                  Faulting Module Name

Edit:
                                                  Before you first saved the flight
                                                  was your Cruise flight level information already entered into your route (CDU) and were you in level cruise (established) for some time?

Edit 2: I looked at my last saved flights. I am not using the CoPilot's CDU/displays. All saved data is from Captain's side.
                                                  Last edited by von; 12Feb2020, 23:18.
                                                  Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

Good morning,

I attached a screenshot.

Yes, the cruise level information was already entered into my CDU and yes it was established. I waited 10 minutes until I saved the file.

I tried the same for the Captain's CDU this morning, same crash.

Soeren Moehrs

Comment

Your screenshot is a different layout than what I was looking for and I cannot read the language.
                                                      I will attach a sample screenshot of what I was looking for in the Windows Event Viewer.
                                                      Attached Files
                                                      Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

I changed the language for you, but the picture is nearly the same

Soeren Moehrs
                                                        Attached Files

Comment

Look at all the Windows Event Viewer errors (scroll down the list for several days) you have had in the past days.
                                                          Do any of them have a
                                                          Faulting Module Name
                                                          Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

No, each of them looks like the screenshot

Soeren Moehrs

Comment

Working...
                                                            X