Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

another day another problem with this trash addon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another day another problem with this trash addon

tell a solution which doesnt contain delete and reinstall.\
    sayn saran

Classy post
    Wayne Such

Comment

Originally posted by Saygin1 View Post
      tell a solution which doesnt contain delete and reinstall.\
      sayn saran
      Feeling a little frustrated are we?
      It's good to vent your frustrations but if you like to actually fix the problem instead of complaining about it please open a support ticket. They will probably as for some log files and they will get you fixed and running.

Do not reinstall.
      Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

It’s always easier to blame the product and not the user
        Duarte Vieira

Comment

Run Ops Center as an Administrator? Fixed the issue for me.
          Many Thanks,
          Chris Stanley VTCC

Comment

• Saygin1
            Saygin1 commented
            Editing a comment
            you are the best

WEL, I was going to help you since I saw somebody in another post suggest a step to try, but given the way you approached it, now I think I'm not going to. When you decide to clean up your attitude, then I might consider helping you. Good luck.
          Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

So much for trash addon lol
            Wayne Such

Comment

• nighthawk
              nighthawk commented
              Editing a comment
              There's really no need for taunting another user.

Might want to just contact support if running as administrator doesn't work. I imagine your frustrations are understandable, but best to just seek support via a ticket in their support system. PMDG does a decent job at responding.

Will Barker
            Will Barker

Comment

Nighthawk i i suppose you have no issue with the initial post, i dont call it taunting i call it fair dues
              Wayne Such

Comment

Let’s move along please topic should be closed
                Duarte Vieira

Comment

Fair call alls well now by the sound
                  Wayne Such

Comment

Originally posted by Jetman View Post
                    Nighthawk i i suppose you have no issue with the initial post, i dont call it taunting i call it fair dues
                    Different strokes for different folks I suppose. But your tone is a rather hostile one imo. People come here for support with PMDG products. Not to be talked down upon by other members. I sure hope you learn some empathy in the near future. Should the OP have called the add on trash? No, that was out of line too. But to taunt another user and not at least attempt to contribute shows lack of maturity on your end.

-Will Barker
                    Last edited by nighthawk; 05Jan2020, 15:49.
                    Will Barker

Comment

• Ephedrin
                      Ephedrin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It‘s not exactly the first time the OP opens a thread like this... at some point it‘s getting on people‘s nerves too. Everyone behaves here except one and then it turns out the n‘th time its an issue on his side, not with the addon. PMDG is extremely patient already, don‘t expect that grom everyone.

It´s by no way fair to call it Trash, and definitly not helping anyone.

But I do understand the frustration that the OP expresses.
                    One bug has replaced another - not show stopping bugs, but still bugs at a level that we aren´t used to from PMDG's side.
                    In all fairness, the 737 NGXu is very complex and bugs should be expected, but I still feel that it was released a tad too soon.
                    For a 100$ product we could have expected the usual PMDG high level of quality that normally sets them apart from other developers.

Again - no show stopping bugs are present for me, but it will remain a Hangar Queen until the next update assure me that it will bring me joy to fly it again.
                    Last edited by Wothan; 05Jan2020, 21:34.
                    Finn Jacobsen
                    PC Spec.: i7 3770 3.4 Ghz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 960 4 GB, Windows 7 Home Edition

Comment

Nothing to say
                      Last edited by Jetman; 05Jan2020, 20:51.
                      Wayne Such

Comment

Wothan,

I'm just curious, what non-showstopping bugs keep you from flying the NGXu since the most recent update? Because I've been flying the heck out of it and I have nothing that would keep her grounded.
                        Dave Paige
                        PPL, ASEL, Instrument

Comment

Originally posted by dave_paige View Post
                          Wothan,

Because I've been flying the heck out of it and I have nothing that would keep her grounded.
                          100% agree with you, Dave
                          Last edited by HvW; 05Jan2020, 22:23.
                          Kind regards,

Hans van Wijhe

Comment

Originally posted by dave_paige View Post
                            Wothan,

I'm just curious, what non-showstopping bugs keep you from flying the NGXu since the most recent update? Because I've been flying the heck out of it and I have nothing that would keep her grounded.

During all VNAV descends I quite early get "Check tgt Alt" and the aircraft levels out, and I have to fight getting it to descend down to platform altitude of the ILS approach.
                            Only solution is to revert to V/S or FLCH mode.

Not that it´s a problem, and probably many airlines does not use VNAV all the way down, but it simply hurts the immersion factor that this isn´t working right.

When I like to spend my evening on a longer flight, I launch P3D and ask myself "What do I like to fly today" and the answer inside my head most often tell me to choose an addon that hasn´t any known flaws that might end up giving me more frust than joy.
                            It might be my strive for perfection, and thats why I often like to use PMDG addons, but with the NGXu we are not quite there yet and luckily I have other addons that can keep me occupied until it´s fixed.
                            Finn Jacobsen
                            PC Spec.: i7 3770 3.4 Ghz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 960 4 GB, Windows 7 Home Edition

Comment

• Ephedrin
                              Ephedrin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I suggest the A2A Cub really. It‘s slow and cute. And there is certainly no computer telling you anything. And this is really NOT meant sarcastically in any way.. I have flown it for 18h since its release... it‘s a huge relieve from daily stress

• Wothan
                              Wothan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              LOL Ephedrin...

Exactly what I have done.
                              Flight in the Float version from Juneau to Skaggit and back again.
                              Short route, but long flight time, and very much back to basics - Compass and Stopwatch

Originally posted by Wothan View Post
                            During all VNAV descends I quite early get "Check tgt Alt" and the aircraft levels out, and I have to fight getting it to descend down to platform altitude of the ILS approach.
                            Only solution is to revert to V/S or FLCH mode..
                            Good news is this one is presumably fixed for the next update.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...c-after-update
                            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Wothan
                              Wothan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Question is (and won´t be answered - I know) is when we will see the update - no rush.

I had hoped to fill my Xmas holiday with a bunch of 737 flights, but had to find another occupation in order to keep the calm holiday mood.
                              But no drama here - once fixed I´m sure alot of joy is awaiting

What altitude was set in the MCP? Normally when I see this Vnav want to go to say 12000 and the MCP is set to 15000. The aircraft will level off at 15k and you get the check tgt Alt message. It will only descend below whats set in the MCP in APP.
                            Charles Harris KRTS The Valley of Speed
                            ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, Ryzen 3700X, 1TB 970 Neo M2,1TB SSD, RX 5700XT 8GB, 32GB DDR4 3200

Comment

Originally posted by Snowfalcon View Post
                              What altitude was set in the MCP? Normally when I see this Vnav want to go to say 12000 and the MCP is set to 15000. The aircraft will level off at 15k and you get the check tgt Alt message. It will only descend below whats set in the MCP in APP.
                              It’s a bug. You can have the MCP alt set to 10k and it’ll go into alt hold at 10.5k, for example. It’s happened to me like four times now.
                              Alex Pugh

Comment

This topic has swung way off topic and OP hasn't responded since his/her original post.
                                Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk View Post

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. But your tone is a rather hostile one imo. People come here for support with PMDG products. Not to be talked down upon by other members. I sure hope you learn some empathy in the near future. Should the OP have called the add on trash? No, that was out of line too. But to taunt another user and not at least attempt to contribute shows lack of maturity on your end.

-Will Barker
                                  Good grief.

The OP is a moron who threw a Baby Ruth in the swimming pool over basically nothing, and will probably be back with another discourteous tantrum the next time something goes wrong. Have fun with that.

​​​​​​
                                  ​​​​​​
                                  ​​​​​​
                                  Matt Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post

Good grief.

The OP is a moron ................
                                    ​​​​​​
                                    ​​​​​​
                                    ​​​​​​
                                    Matt,
                                    This is totally unacceptable, no one here is to be called names, PERIOD.
                                    You should apologize!
                                    Kind regards Alex Nicolov
                                    "You can't make a difference unless you upset at least one."
                                    [email protected] GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti, DDR4 3200 64GB

Comment

Ok and this ends here....
                                      Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                      PMDG Technical Support
                                      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Working...
                                      X