Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Aircraft is broken again after latest update.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aircraft is broken again after latest update.

Aircraft is loading broken again with no virtual cockpit after update to build 2.91.0046. This time deleting custom panel states did not solve the issue like it did last time.
    Jacob Fuqua

Same here.
    Kind regards,

Erik Brouwer

Comment

• Jakef
      Jakef commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed the PMDG panel states are the same ones from the last build. Maybe they forgot to update them? I don't know. I did submit a ticket.

Same issue, I had no panel states saved so I couldn't delete any like others were suggesting.
    Reinstall didn't solve the issue either.
    Mitchell Greenland

Comment

Reinstall briefly resorted my issues but upon reinstalling old
      liveries, the problems are back. Another two hours lost messing with my computer. And the wife is already quite upset about the time I spend behind the sim during the holidays.. ;-)
      Kind regards,

Erik Brouwer

Comment

• Jakef
        Jakef commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder if there were changes to the options .ini file?

It's a joke. I really doubt that they test it before releasing it. And why reinstall the liveries again and again and again. There are a bunch without PTP and you need to install them manually.

I'm going to FSLabs for my weekend departure with my saturday coffee/tea.

John Ruisch
      Last edited by Wingview; 28Dec2019, 09:51.

Comment

its unusual to see so many issues
        Wayne Such

Comment

NGX-U Is turning into Boeing's MAX in RL...
          STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

be awesome once all the bugs are ironed out
            Wayne Such

Comment

Originally posted by Wingview View Post
              It's a joke. I really doubt that they test it before releasing it. And why reinstall the liveries again and again and again. There are a bunch without PTP and you need to install them manually.

I'm going to FSLabs for my weekend departure with my saturday coffee/tea.

John Ruisch
              John, we test it and a lot, the liveries should not need reinstall. After the update scan for orphan textures and will fix any found.
              Chris Makris (Olympic260)
              PMDG Technical Support
              http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• Planeblogger
                Planeblogger commented
                Editing a comment
                It will but you will loose all customizations, I.e. atc gate assignments that you have made in the aircraft.cfg. Which then need to be included manually again.

I discovered that when flying the F-22 and then switching to a NGXu, it works. But loading from menu doesn’t.

• Jakef
                Jakef commented
                Editing a comment
                I can also confirm that starting with the F-22, then switching (in sim) to the NGXu it will work.

Erik,

Do you have a particular airport that you always start at?
              Jacob Fuqua

Comment

Guys, indeed can you please advise if you are loading in a specific airport and if yes which?
                If you load at the default KVPS does it happen?
                Also if you load F22 first and switch to the NGXu does it work?

I am starting to see a specific pattern at support side and needs that info please.
                PMDG Technical Support

Comment

• Planeblogger
                  Planeblogger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Loaded at FlyTampa EHAM and didn’t work.
                  Loading through F22 did work but was while airborne and fooling around.
                  Can check later tonight if you need me to test specific scenarios.

Hello,

I load at Dubai airport first with the F22 and after with the NGXu and it's working !

Comment

Half a plane is loading external only, and that's it after the update today? Going to load F22 first and try again

Shannon Loder

Comment

• sll0011
                    sll0011 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes after a restart with the F22 it loads. Loaded in at EGLL with add on scenery.

Ok thank you gents we are checking this and working with some of you that come on support. For now please use the F22 workaround
                  PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Come on PMDG, what is happening? I don't remember having these issues with your past airplanes. Aren't you rushing things too much?...
                    Jan Podlipsky

Comment

Originally posted by DarrianCZE View Post
                      Come on PMDG, what is happening? I don't remember having these issues with your past airplanes. Aren't you rushing things too much?...
                      I must admit, having worked in software myself for a bit, I found it quite daring to release an update during the holidays...
                      I share your frustration, but.. they didn’t leave us with the mess only to come back the first week of January. Somebody is now working to fix things during Christmas holiday season, in the weekend even, and we can only applaud that. I hope a fix arrives soon !
                      Kind regards,

Erik Brouwer

Comment

Same issue here. I have updated earlier today. No VC or undercarriage. uninstalled, reinstalled, ops centre updated to current version. Loaded P3d with F22, then changed the the NGXu and still the same issue. I have also attempted to erase the staved panel states and no difference.

Best regards,
                        James Littler

Edit: how do I roll back today's update to yesterdays?
                        I have noticed the initialising systems does not appear now after the update...is this a registry issue?
                        Last edited by jjlittler; 28Dec2019, 19:20.

Comment

I can report that after yesterday's update and loading directly into the NGXu 737-800 without winglets at KTNT Dade Collier Transition and Training in south Florida - no problems at all. I've got the VC and undercarriage. I found that the included panel states, when loaded, trip a failure, but when I created fresh ones from scratch they work fine.
                          Dave Paige
                          PPL, ASEL, Instrument

Comment

All,

We understand that this is frustrating for some people, and for those who think we do not test, we do test but not everything is reproducible. For example this issue is not happening on my sim PC but happens on my old PC, both of them running the same P3D version. It has not happened on any other test system we have.

There is a workaround by using the F22 so you can still enjoy the plane until we find out what is happening and provide a definite fix.
                            PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Chris,

What about those of us which the F22 workaround does not work? Is there any ways of rolling back the update?

Regards,
                              James Littler

Comment

• Planeblogger
                                Planeblogger commented
                                Editing a comment
                                This morning the full installer from the PMDG shop was still the old version, so you could try to uninstall and install that one.

Hi James,

I had the same issue. I used the original 'fat' installer 2.90.9961 and selected a repair, then chose to ignore the update. Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by jjlittler View Post
                                Chris,

What about those of us which the F22 workaround does not work? Is there any ways of rolling back the update?

Regards,
                                James Littler
                                You mean if you load the F22 in the airport and then switch to the NGXu it does not load at all? If yes you cna use the full isntaller.
                                PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Ok, I repaired with the full installer and ignored the update. Everything back to normal for the time being.

Regards,
                                  James Littler

Comment

Hi folks,

(I responded to Captain Randazzos General Discussion thread, so I repeat here my findings.)

After installation of 2.91.0046

1. loading the 737ngxu the 3D cockpit does not show at all.
                                    2. The gear is retracted in outside view. (This sometimes happened with the QOTSII, but extended slowly immediately.)
                                    3. The aircraft is steadily slightly nodding and stuttering forward.
                                    4. The aircraft is glued to the ground. (After loading it in CYVR and not KSEA (Seattle X Demo) I was able to prepare my flight to PHOG, but after all preps done in KSEA, no thrust was capable to move the aircraft.)
                                    5. I am not sure whether the aircraft type plays a role here: Giving up at KSEA, I fly now KDTW to KSEA with N829DN 737-900ER BW, while my trials from KSEA were the ASA liveries N319AS of type 737-900NGXu SSW and N495AS of type 737-900ERNGXu SSW.

Thanks in advance.
                                    Andre(as) Berg --- i7 8700K 12MB 3.7G. MSI Z370 Tomahawk. DDR4 16G. SSD 500G M.2. MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G

Comment

All, we have identified the issue and fixed it. Will push the fix later today via the OC.
                                      PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post
                                        All, we have identified the issue and fixed it. Will push the fix later today via the OC.
                                        2.91.0049 didn't solved the issue.
                                        My ngu is still floating..........
                                        Matthew Chalupniczak

Comment

Originally posted by Dzosef View Post

2.91.0049 didn't solved the issue.
                                          My ngu is still floating..........
                                          make sure you delete panel states from previous versions. if you still have the issue, support.precsionmanuals.com to open a ticket
                                          PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Gents,

I am closing this thread because we **think** the discussion was superseded by the 2.91.0049 release for **most** users and thus the thread is attracting attention that is misleading for some users.

Robert S. Randazzo
                                            PMDG Simulations

Comment

Working...
                                            X