Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

FS2Crew for the NGXu released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS2Crew for the NGXu released

Thought I'd drop this here in case anyone else was biting their nails waiting for it to be released.

https://www.fs2crew.com/cart/product...ontrol%29.html
    Niklas Graefe

Ive been on the BETA for a week or so and the product brought me so much enjoyment for so many years on the NGX, now we can enjoy it with the NGXu! I hope you guys love it.
    Jordan Collins

Comment

Wait.. it's not an update to the existing, but rather another new product?
      Cheers,

John Tavendale

Comment

Originally posted by John Tavendale View Post
        Wait.. it's not an update to the existing, but rather another new product?
        Yes, the differences with the U are too complex to merge into the current version without my head blowing up, and the SDK even requires a different header file.

Still, it's 50 percent off.

ngx_u_release_banner1.jpg

www.fs2crew.com

Comment

Great work Bryan, wow. You are the fastest program developer out there, and 50 percent off is just outrageous (in a very good way). "Immediate purchase checklist to the line....."

-Aaron Cumberland
          Last edited by Aaron Cumberland; 05Dec2019, 17:06.

Comment

Thank you Bryan!!
            i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @1600MHz, 4k

Comment

To be fair, Multi Crew Experience added -u support a week or two ago... as an included update, same way they add other new planes. For what it's worth...
              Andrew Crowley

Comment

Originally posted by Stearmandriver View Post
                To be fair, Multi Crew Experience added -u support a week or two ago... as an included update, same way they add other new planes. For what it's worth...
                FAR from FS2Crew quality... really far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post

FAR from FS2Crew quality... really far.
                  Yes, it is! But not in the direction you are suggesting. I would suggest that MCE is a superior product by far, especially when one considers the value for money that one gets from MCE.

FS2Crew is ok, and it does what it is supposed to. MCE allows you to customize your flows to fit absolutely any airline's SOP, you can program your own emergency flows so that you could cater for any eventuality, and they also include support for new aircraft releases, free of charge. They don't abuse their customer's loyalty by demanding high sums for trivial updates,

Gerald, the MCE dev is extremely responsive and incredibly kind. The problem seems to be that because he has a sense of ethics and doesn't charge a fortune for each new aircraft release, it is somehow seen as an inferior product. I can assure you that I know the effort put into each officially supported aircraft is huge.

And, the great thing is, you can try it, right now, for free! Just head over to the MCE website and download the free demo, and make up your own mind.
                  Last edited by severniae; 06Dec2019, 23:51.
                  Mr. James Alexander.

Comment

Developers need to justify what they do otherwise they might not be around, bryan from fs2crew is outstanding, if he charges its because there was enough work to justify it
                    Wayne Such

Comment

I have FS2CREW with all my aircraft, its fantastic! the best thing about it, its simple to set it up and go.
                      David J Guillen

Comment

Many thanks for the quick FS2 Crew application to NGXu. I have taken three flights with it and all goes well. It is good to have an FO and FA on my NGXu a/c

Happy holidays,

Russ Tillman

Comment

Originally posted by severniae View Post

They don't abuse their customer's loyalty by demanding high sums for trivial updates,

Gerald, the MCE dev is extremely responsive and incredibly kind. The problem seems to be that because he has a sense of ethics and doesn't charge a fortune for each new aircraft release, it is somehow an inferior product. I can assure you that I know the effort put into each officially supported aircraft is huge.
                          There is no problem at all. Why do people constantly need to bring this up?

Niklas Graefe

Comment

Originally posted by severniae View Post

Yes, it is! But not in the direction you are suggesting. I would suggest that MCE is a superior product by far, especially when one considers the value for money that one gets from MCE.

FS2Crew is ok, and it does what it is supposed to. MCE allows you to customize your flows to fit absolutely any airline's SOP, you can program your own emergency flows so that you could cater for any eventuality, and they also include support for new aircraft releases, free of charge. They don't abuse their customer's loyalty by demanding high sums for trivial updates,

Gerald, the MCE dev is extremely responsive and incredibly kind. The problem seems to be that because he has a sense of ethics and doesn't charge a fortune for each new aircraft release, it is somehow an inferior product. I can assure you that I know the effort put into each officially supported aircraft is huge.

And, the great thing is, you can try it, right now, for free! Just head over to the MCE website and download the free demo, and make up your own mind.
                            I understand your point and if I thought in money terms I would probably agree with you. But I don‘t look at it that way. I don‘t want to have to customize and tweak, search for maybe true information in the depth of the internet and create my own flows that might be correct or not. I want to purchase a product that has been created by someone who has informed himself very well and developed a system that works perfectly for the purpose I got it. The voices are recorded, I really hate these computer generated sentences, I absolutely can‘t enjoy them. I had a look at MCE and I absolutely don‘t like it. Personal taste, definitely. But to me this makes a big difference in quality of the final product I see in the simulation. All those possibilities to change or modify it are of little value (to me) if the outcome sounds terrible. (Same reason why I didn‘t like Radar Contact, although the idea was brilliant.) regarding the price: it‘s always too much. But a hobby is a hobby. If one buys things he can‘t afford it‘s not the developer‘s or manufacturer‘s fault...

Comment

It's certainly a dev's discretion how (or whether) to charge for product upgrades... but I'll most definitely disagree that MCE is somehow inferior to FS2C.

I've used them both. Yes, I customize MCE to match specific flows and checklists, and I greatly appreciate the ability to do so... but even without customizing anything, what I found great about MCE is that he just does as he's told without relying on scripts dependent on phase of flight. The voices, of course, sound as natural as any others unless you REALLY want to deeply customize, in which case you can use a TTS voice. I do that, but it's purely optional.

But if you've ever found yourself wishing you could make any combination of actions happen with one phrase... it's not only possible but simple with MCE. No scripts, no dependency on phase of flight.

Of course, if you don't want to customize, MCE comes with out-of-the-box procedures and checklists for most airliners including the 737, same as FS2C.

Personal preference is fine, but no need to objectively state a product is somehow "inferior" when it objectively definitely is not.
                              Andrew Crowley

Comment

It's certainly a dev's discretion how (or whether) to charge for product upgrades... but I'll most definitely disagree that MCE is somehow inferior to FS2C.

I've used them both. Yes, I customize MCE to match specific flows and checklists, and I greatly appreciate the ability to do so... but even without customizing anything, what I found great about MCE is that he just does as he's told without relying on scripts dependent on phase of flight. The voices, of course, sound as natural as any others unless you REALLY want to deeply customize, in which case you can use a TTS voice. I do that, but it's purely optional.

But if you've ever found yourself wishing you could make any combination of actions happen with one phrase... it's not only possible but simple with MCE. No scripts, no dependency on phase of flight.

Of course, if you don't want to customize, MCE comes with out-of-the-box procedures and checklists for most airliners including the 737, same as FS2C.

Personal preference is fine, but no need to objectively state a product is somehow "inferior" when it objectively definitely is not.
                                I agree with you wholeheartedly - as I said in my previous post - people jump to the conclusion that it's inferior because Gerald supports multiple complex aircraft out of the box, for no extra charge. I don't understand where they get this idea from but sadly it's quite prevalent.

And in response to another poster - the voices are not robotised, but are in fact pre recorded. There are several voice sets to download and many sound quite natural.
                                Mr. James Alexander.

Comment

I must take a look at mce
                                  Wayne Such

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qByJHP94xrw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgHVFI1o3Xs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUzZPycMBNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTVeFGbh2ys

those are some of the most recent videos I found in a very quick search and it hasn't changed much since I first had a look at it.. This has nothing to do with a natural voice or accentuation, often enough the FO interrupts his/her own words or even sentences... I find it hard to only listen to these videos, no chance I could stand the flights, sry. Nope. There is a reason why Bryan charges for every version.

Comment

those are some of the most recent videos I found in a very quick search and it hasn't changed much since I first had a look at it.. This has nothing to do with a natural voice or accentuation, often enough the FO interrupts his/her own words or even sentences... I find it hard to only listen to these videos, no chance I could stand the flights, sry. Nope. There is a reason why Bryan charges for every version.
                                      I think we may have to agree to disagree. I use MCE daily and love it. I also own FS2Crew and use it from time to time, but it's once in a while whilst MCE is on with every flight.

I urge anyone curious to instead of watching videos, download the free trial on the MCE site and give it a try for yourself.
                                      Mr. James Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Cumberland View Post
                                        Great work Bryan, wow. You are the fastest program developer out there, and 50 percent off is just outrageous (in a very good way). "Immediate purchase checklist to the line....."

-Aaron Cumberland

Thank you :-)

But also be sure to thank PMDG for their awesome planes which keep getting better and better :-)
                                        www.fs2crew.com

Comment

Thank you Bryan. It was worth the wait.

Tyrone Headlam

Comment

Can anyone experienced with FS2Crew comment on compatibility of FS2Crew with GSX Level 2 - for those who prefer GSX over FS2Crew's Ultimate Ground Crew X?

Chuck Oman

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Oman View Post
                                              Can anyone experienced with FS2Crew comment on compatibility of FS2Crew with GSX Level 2 - for those who prefer GSX over FS2Crew's Ultimate Ground Crew X?

Chuck Oman
                                              You should have no problems. Only issue might be FS2Crew and GSX fighting over the doors. In that case, FS2Crew has a config option that allows you to not have FS2Crew control the doors if you'd rather have GSX control the doors.

And that's only really relevant if you want to run the FS2Crew Pre-Flight events. Running the pre-flight events is optional.
                                              www.fs2crew.com

Comment

Thanks Bryan - I tried FS2Crew for Level-D a decade ago, but it was button only version back then, and I found it pretty cumbersome. Will give this new version a try.

Comment

This post has really peaked an interest. I’d really like to try FS2Crew, but I’m really on the fence. I don’t want to have to run yet another program just to hopefully add more immersion. It seems that things get overly complicated, but the one YouTube video I watched of an engine failure in the Ngx appeared to flow nicely.

I guess ill I’ll keep doing some research before Dec 31st comes around.
                                                  Randall Coultas

Comment

Originally posted by RCflyer View Post
                                                    This post has really peaked an interest. I’d really like to try FS2Crew, but I’m really on the fence. I don’t want to have to run yet another program just to hopefully add more immersion. It seems that things get overly complicated, but the one YouTube video I watched of an engine failure in the Ngx appeared to flow nicely.

I guess ill I’ll keep doing some research before Dec 31st comes around.
                                                    It's not complicated at all. Of course you will have to know basics about crew interaction on a flight deck or learn them but it's really not hard. You'll get used to it.

As for immersion, I raise you the following question: What's more realistic (immersive), flying an airliner on your own or with a first officer? I didn't really fly the NGXu until FS2Crew came out. That's how much realism and immersion it adds to my sim experience.
                                                    Niklas Graefe

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Oman View Post
                                                      Thanks Bryan - I tried FS2Crew for Level-D a decade ago, but it was button only version back then, and I found it pretty cumbersome. Will give this new version a try.
                                                      The Level-D 767 version is about 10 years old... the new FS2Crew's are much better :-)
                                                      www.fs2crew.com

Comment

Originally posted by threegreen View Post

It's not complicated at all. Of course you will have to know basics about crew interaction on a flight deck or learn them but it's really not hard. You'll get used to it.

As for immersion, I raise you the following question: What's more realistic (immersive), flying an airliner on your own or with a first officer? I didn't really fly the NGXu until FS2Crew came out. That's how much realism and immersion it adds to my sim experience.
                                                        Bought it....love It! All of my worries were put to rest. What a great complimentary program to enhance the NGXu.
                                                        Randall Coultas

Comment

I would be inclined to ignore this because obviously it doesn't matter to me which voice program you use.. but there is a logical fallacy here which needs correcting .

The videos you listed are posted as examples of how customizable MCE is. They are not default behavior. If you use the default commands / checklists, these verbal anomalies do not appear. They occur during significant customization because there's obviously a limit to what can be spoken if it deviates significantly from the pre-recorded phrases. The solution would be to use a TTS voice as I do, which is a bit monotone but gives him an unlimited vocabulary.

But the point is, these videos are not a comparison of MCE to FS2C. You're attempting to use them to attack MCE's implementation of something that FS2C is entirely incapable of - customization to match real-world procedures exactly. You also seem not to understand that, even with drastic customization, the "problem" is avoidable by simply using a TTS voice.

They're both fine pieces of software that do exactly what they advertise, so there's no reason to try and argue the point. Personal preference is fine. But it's not fair to use broken logic and incorrect or incomplete facts to attack a product for a clumsy implementation of something your chosen product can't do at all .

As someone else said, the MCE demo is free to try so anyone can see for themselves.
                                                          Andrew Crowley

Comment

I would be inclined to ignore this because obviously it doesn't matter to me which voice program you use.. but there is a logical fallacy here which needs correcting .

The videos you listed are posted as examples of how customizable MCE is. They are not default behavior. If you use the default commands / checklists, these verbal anomalies do not appear. They occur during significant customization because there's obviously a limit to what can be spoken if it deviates significantly from the pre-recorded phrases. The solution would be to use a TTS voice as I do, which is a bit monotone but gives him an unlimited vocabulary.

But the point is, these videos are not a comparison of MCE to FS2C. You're attempting to use them to attack MCE's implementation of something that FS2C is entirely incapable of - customization to match real-world procedures exactly. You also seem not to understand that, even with drastic customization, the "problem" is avoidable by simply using a TTS voice.

They're both fine pieces of software that do exactly what they advertise, so there's no reason to try and argue the point. Personal preference is fine. But it's not fair to use broken logic and incorrect or incomplete facts to attack a product for a clumsy implementation of something your chosen product can't do at all .

As someone else said, the MCE demo is free to try so anyone can see for themselves.
                                                            I wasn't aware that that's the result of the customization. Every video I have seen so far has sounded like this, so I took it as normal, as I knew this behaviour from Radar contact and some other voice addons. I didn't mean to ATTACK MCE, I simply thought (because of the videos I have seen) it would have a "bad" sound quality. I will definitely try out the demo. Thanks for the clarification, Andrew!

Comment

Working...
                                                            X