Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Chaseplane or Ezdok 3.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendrik96
    replied
    A very simple solution is the program "simplecam" from Aivlasoft. I use this instead of chaseplane or Ezdok. However, it's real basic (but easy) und you can't select outside views or anything special.

Leave a comment:

• otreblA
    replied
    EZCA needs more tutorials and user experience videos. Although now it's better, its interface is a little intimidating.

Leave a comment:

• cavaricooper
    replied
    Unfortunately no, but the small fee for the upgrade brings you a large ROI...

C

Leave a comment:

• Boeing 25-01
    replied
    Originally posted by cavaricooper View Post

Angelo-

I just checked, no PW needed. This is for EZCA v3...... just DL the zip and get the PMDG 738NGXu.ezdcam file and import that... are you sure you are using the correct version of EZCA?

C
    Ah, I am using v2. They are not cross-compatible I take it?

Leave a comment:

• cavaricooper
    replied
    Originally posted by Boeing 25-01 View Post

It is asking me for a password to import the set. Specifically for "aircraft_cams.esa"
    Angelo-

I just checked, no PW needed. This is for EZCA v3...... just DL the zip and get the PMDG 738NGXu.ezdcam file and import that... are you sure you are using the correct version of EZCA?

C

Leave a comment:

• mtrainer
    replied
    I own both - but the older version of EZdoc (pre-V3) but also own the latest version Chaseplane. I found the UI of Chaseplane to be much more intuitive. It simply works and I never fly without it.

Mark Trainer

Leave a comment:

• Boeing 25-01
    replied
    Originally posted by cavaricooper View Post

Rich-

I have used EZDOK since moving to FSX. There are occasional teething problems, but it has always been my go-to. The views are easily set, and there are absolutely no performance issues. Where it excels is in customizability. There is a small learning curve, however, NickB and Randy on the forum will soon sort you out. Well worth the dosh for me. If it helps, here's my profile and it already has a camera for the HUGS. Just disable the built in HUGS head movement and add your button pushes.

PMDG 738Xu.zip

2019-12-4_13-56-24-272.jpg

Along with FSUIPC, AS4 and LINDA, EZCA goes on EVERY flight with me, regardless of the airframe. Simply indispensable.

HTH- C
    It is asking me for a password to import the set. Specifically for "aircraft_cams.esa"

Leave a comment:

• Dan Morand
    replied
    I have nothing but great things to say about ChasePlane. They update regularly and once you get familiar with how to set up one view, you're good to go. Very handy import feature too that lets you pull in view presets from one aircraft to another.

Personally I never use the built-in motion effects because I find them a bit exaggerated even at low settings. The PMDG motion effects are better.

I rarely use the heads-up display but I'd guess it's straightforward to set up a view for that in ChasePlane if needed.

Leave a comment:

• MrBlueSky
    replied
    EZDOK V3 Pro is my camera system of choice. Having tried both I dont think there is much in it tbh from an interface perspective since V3 was launched. The turbulance effect, AS integration, overall control on effects and surfaces and management of camera sets for models and fleets is great. The accommodating of multiple joystick devices (you can configure up to 3) is what sold it for me. OK so video tutorials aren't as good as they could be but I got by ok. Support is best I have experienced of all forums with quick response to posts and tickets. Well done guys!

Leave a comment:

• AndyDigital
    replied
    Ivan you need to give V3 Pro a try, it really is as good as Chaseplane now interface wise and the camera system and effects are truly on another level. Every aircraft now feels more realistic, instead of like riding perfectly straight without any air movement around the aircraft. Like I said previously, if people don't like it you can get your money back within 30 days of purchase, for any reason whatsoever, you actually dont need to give a reason. I had EZdok 1, skipped 2 and got Chaseplane and loved it. Now I've upgraded to EZDok 3 Pro and would not go back to CP at all.

Leave a comment:

• Ivanmelonlewis
    replied
    Hi,

I've been using EzDok for a long time and I was good with it. Even I upgraded to version 2. Once ChasePlane came up and I tested, I've swapped and never went back to EzDok. Still being a non-definitive release, I think ChasePlane it's waaay easier to get used to. You even don't have to spent time setting your camera views since the import camera views option for the most commonly used addons, it's way cool. I truly recommend you ChasePlane.

Leave a comment:

• severniae
    replied
    I have chaseplane, and use it with VR mainly. I like how easy it is to set up new views and then program keys or joystick buttons to move between them.

I haven't used EZdock so don't know how it compares - I hear it has different motion effects but they don't bother me as I turn them all off.

Leave a comment:

• AndyDigital
    replied
    I’ve used both, EZdok 3 Pro blows Chaseplane out of the water now as it actually moves the aircraft airframe as well as the head camera. If gets rid of the riding on rails feeling you get in FSX and P3D. You really have to see it in action for yourself to see how game changing it is and if you have Active Sky as well it’s even better as EZDok improves the turbulence effect you get with the weather engine. You buy it through Flight1 so you get 30 days to try it and if you don’t like it you can get a refund very easily.

Leave a comment:

• joeporter
    replied
    I used EZDOK for years and have been using CHASEPLANE and prefer it due to ease of use and consistency.

Joe Porter

Leave a comment:

• Crabby
    replied
    EZDOK 3 here. I started with version 2 and as was pointed out earlier, the interface was a bit clunky, but the results amazing. Now in version 3, the interface is amazingly simple and intuitive, although I had become so accustomed to the version 2 way, that I still use the older interface options....lol.

Leave a comment:

• cavaricooper
    replied
    As an old FR driver, I never bothered with the HUGS... flying for ASA it suddenly makes a lot of sense...

2019-12-4_14-37-41-161.jpg
    C

Leave a comment:

• cavaricooper
    replied
    Originally posted by richjb View Post
    Is anyone using Chaseplane or Ezdok 3.x with NGXu? Which is preferred, i.e., will have the least affect on the NGXu flight and ground handling model?

Also, using either of these programs, is it possible to have the view position change when the HUD is extended or retracted? If so, how?

Thanks!

Rich Boll
    Rich-

I have used EZDOK since moving to FSX. There are occasional teething problems, but it has always been my go-to. The views are easily set, and there are absolutely no performance issues. Where it excels is in customizability. There is a small learning curve, however, NickB and Randy on the forum will soon sort you out. Well worth the dosh for me. If it helps, here's my profile and it already has a camera for the HUGS. Just disable the built in HUGS head movement and add your button pushes.

PMDG 738Xu.zip

2019-12-4_13-56-24-272.jpg

Along with FSUIPC, AS4 and LINDA, EZCA goes on EVERY flight with me, regardless of the airframe. Simply indispensable.

HTH- C
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cavaricooper; 04Dec2019, 20:02.

Leave a comment:

• von
    replied
    Ezdokv3 and no problem with the HUD usage.

Leave a comment:

• Santi871
    replied
    Chaseplane has a better UI/UX, Ezdok has far better and more in depth motion/camera shake effects.

Leave a comment:

• Lanica
    replied
    I've been using OPUS FSI camera for years and have been happy with it. You get a good weather engine as well as camera addon for about the same price as EZDOC or Chaseplane. Might be worth takongta look.

Leave a comment:

• VHOJT
    replied
    I'll give a vote to EZDOK. I'm still on v2, but have read many positive posts about v3. Apparently user-interface has been cleaned up nicely and effects are good.

Haven't used Chaseplane so this isn't a particularly worthwhile post.

Leave a comment:

• Jetman
    replied
    Chaseplane is great better and easier to configure

Leave a comment:

• Ephedrin
    replied
    I‘ve never tried EZDok but I have Chaseplane and have absolutely no issues with it. But it‘s not really easy to set up. For my taste it‘s too much. But again, no issues at all.

I should add that it messes with the sim‘s view system so once installed you must use it.
    Last edited by Ephedrin; 04Dec2019, 05:23.

Leave a comment:

• richjb
    started a topic Chaseplane or Ezdok 3.0?

Chaseplane or Ezdok 3.0?

Is anyone using Chaseplane or Ezdok 3.x with NGXu? Which is preferred, i.e., will have the least affect on the NGXu flight and ground handling model?

Also, using either of these programs, is it possible to have the view position change when the HUD is extended or retracted? If so, how?

Thanks!

Rich Boll
Working...
X