Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

737-800 Landing weight dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

737-800 Landing weight dilema

Just a quick question, as it just feels like something is off in either my planning or expectations. For a 3-4 hour flight, im finding it very difficult to keep the landing weight below max without really keeping a fair few seats empty and not much in the hold. As im typing this im realising that the pax selected weight may be 100+kg to account for assumed baggage and thus anything i put in the cargo is additional to bags? I have been adding 15kg per pax as cargo, so maybe im filling up too much.

How close to landing at max landing weight is typical?

I shall dig into the relevant documentation and fmc menu to see if pax are including a baggage allowance too. But it would be very odd if this aircraft could only carry 100-130 pax

It must be my logic when im loading thats at fault. Simbrief is what im using so i may have all my numbers wrong and i dont need to be adding "cargo" that i always think of as the pax bags.

On a LIDO OFP weightt section is the PAX number giving an assumed baggage allowance for each passenger? And is the CARGO section just for say some freight unconnected to the pax, as i know they do move freight this way?

Loads of questions in one here! lol
    Peter Lott

It appears the 737 uses a passenger weight of 190 pounds. I think the 747 used 195 pounds. In any event, I always added passenger bags as cargo. I don't know what numbers Simbrief is using.
    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

The default passenger weight on SimBrief is 104kg. This is made up of 85kg for the assumed weight of a passenger plus 19kg for baggage.

You can (and I do) customise this if you set-up an aircraft profile!
      Paul Parkin

Comment

I think I'm going to have to dig into all the numbers and get my head around what's counting what. I usually set pax and add bags in simbrief and then just punch the resulting ZFW into the NGXu. Somewhere along the line I'm ending up too heavy.
        Peter Lott

Comment

Hmmmm, Now im intrigued...

Why is the EFB giving me Landing weight and Takeoff weight as the same.... Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 15_11_2019 18_39_17.png

EDIT I had forgot to add taxi and trip burn on the fuel section, thats why i erroneously thought i was over MLAW and i actually wasnt.

Just goes to show how crucial it is that all your paperwork matches!!
          Last edited by Petetech; 15Nov2019, 19:46.
          Peter Lott

Comment

Are you loading block fuel or full fuel?
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Petetech
              Petetech commented
              Editing a comment
              I load the block fuel from the OFP, And the OFP i usually generate based on the VA output. But to be honest, i think i have solved it in the NGXu. I was seeing in the EFB that i was always coming out over MLW, and assuming the numbers were wrong from my OFP as i usually let the VA im flying for generate the payload. Sometimes it meshes incorrectly with however i have simbrief set up, so if i change to my edited aircraft, the numbers are wrong and so i usually just infill as required and load the NGXu according to OFP numbers. What i didnt realise is on the EFB, you have to enter your estimated fuel burn for it to correctly calculate your weights. I was assuming "fetch from fmc" was doing that, and not noticing that the landing weight was just a duplicate of the gross weight at that time, then i was trimming ZFW to try to bring it in line thinking it was my paperwork that was wrong, until i took the gross below the MLW. See how mixed up i got haha
          Working...
          X