Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Performance after the last update even worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance after the last update even worse

Hi there

The fps just went straight down after the last update, am I the only one experiencing this? I am getting around 19fps lowest with 30 tops while I was getting around 32 (Which I already tought was low) before. Here's a comparsion with another addon which is the actual FPS hog but I guess the NGXu took over that place!

Regards

Hamza [email protected]

The same After the Update the FPS in the VC now Bad
    Christian Urban

Comment

Don't have an exact comparison, but I am experiencing the same...
      Erik de Meijer
      Somewhere between EHRD and EHEH

Comment

Having the same issue. Frames in cruise fluctuating a lot.
        Youp Oosterwegel
        EHAM

Comment

I noticed also that the performance is worse than before the update. I will try reinstalling.
          Ivan Majetic

Comment

No impact for me. I have the same fps before and after update.

But in general it is the heaviest plane I have in terms of performance. Even heavier than FsLabs.
            Oleksandr Kovieshnikov

Comment

After the Update my performance is going down.
              The Release had a better performance.

Frank from EDDM

Comment

8700k/Turbo RTX2070 Super. P3D config specific to PMDG 737, used with NGX very successfully. 60+FPS at night (I'm a freight dawg).

NGX 60+ everywhere, any weather
                NGXU initial- 40-45, around 50 with EFB/VC floods off, no weather, same airport/gate/time of day
                NGXU update- 30-32 no change with EFB/Floods off, no weather, same airport/gate/time of day
                Gerald Sandridge
                KMLB

Comment

Same with lights off in VC 35-40fps with internal lights or landing ligths on 17fps
                  Stefan Liebe
                  Stefan Liebe

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
                    Same with lights off in VC 35-40fps with internal lights or landing ligths on 17fps
                    Stefan Liebe
                    have the same

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...ht-frames-drop
                    Last edited by wowabel; 15Nov2019, 18:05.
                    Wladimir Belenky
                    EDDL

Comment

I have similar performance issues. Seemed to get worse after the update.
                      Brett Jones

Commercial ASEL, AMEL, CFI

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFlyer View Post
                        I have similar performance issues. Seemed to get worse after the update.
                        Yes, Just did my first flight with the update, during Climb and Cruise fps is always below 25 fps, which is quite heavy
                        Alexis Nguyen

Comment

FPS is worse for me after this update as well. What used to be a locked 30 FPS at cruise is now 20-22.
                          James Ward

Comment

Agree heavy on fps and lots of fluctuation

Joe De Campos
                            J. De Campos
                            London

Comment

I have to agree here. I thought I was alone until I saw this thread. I am for sure getting worse FPS after the update.

Thanks!
                              Jordan Collins

Comment

I see no difference to the initial release but it is also for me the heaviest aircraft in terms of FPS. I guess there are two show stoppers, First fps drop which is caused by DL and grapic card associated (no issues on my system) and the second one are heavy fluctuating fps (on my system as well).

Best regards,
                                Holger Mutert

Comment

no issues here that I have noticed although iam not a fp watcher
                                  peter Kelberg

Comment

The new update hits my 1080ti pretty hard. I’ve gone back to flying the frame rate friendly NGX and hope this will be addressed. The FSLabs is more performance friendly on my system than the NGXu after the update.
                                    Dan Moore

Comment

For me, the performance stayed more or less the same after the update.

What I did see is that there is a big difference in using SSAA over MSAA. At 4xSSAA, my 1080ti goes to 98-100% use, at 2xSSAA to around 55% and at 8*MSAA to about 40%. CPU use stays around 50%. In the FSLabs on lower general settings, the GPU use is similar but my CPU is close to 100% all the time.

For me, and this is the same in the FSLabs, taxiing to the runway and the climb out is where most of the stutters happen and the fps can drop to around 25. It’s acceptable, but it is an immersion killer.

upwards and onwards

Jack Schaper

Comment

I too noticed an immediate decrease in smoothness. I don,t care about FPS as long as its smooth, but definite decrease in smoothness after the latest update. 6700 with 32gb RAM and GTX 1070.

EDIT. I have played around with settings changing MSAA from 4 to * and Anisotropic from 16 to 8. Also unchecked Mipmap VC panels. It is smoother, although I have no idea what I am doing .
                                        Last edited by Bcrawley57; 16Nov2019, 08:54. Reason: Update on settings
                                        Brian Crawley

Comment

I forgot to add, last night I flew the NGXu into KIAD during the Vatsim FNO and upon tough down my GPU pegged and my performance tanked all the way to the gate. I switched to the original NGX with same setting to fly out of KIAD and my performance was smooth and my GPU wasn’t maxed out.
                                          Dan Moore

Comment

Now unfortunately after the new update im seeing the same performance drop at night and upon landing all other pmdg AC are much smoother even fslabs runs better.
                                            Best regards
                                            Brendon Powys
                                            Johannesburg

Comment

Massive stuttering frames from 28 (locked 30) to 4 ..............have too wait for better update or drop it

ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME,i7-6800K u3.1 LGA2011-3, DDR4 3000MHz 32GB @4.2 Ghz

ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 08G
                                              Robert Hulthin

Comment

Originally posted by Wise87 View Post
                                                I forgot to add, last night I flew the NGXu into KIAD during the Vatsim FNO and upon tough down my GPU pegged and my performance tanked all the way to the gate. I switched to the original NGX with same setting to fly out of KIAD and my performance was smooth and my GPU wasn’t maxed out.
                                                Yes, I've noticed the same thing. I can't seem to figure out what is killing the frames after touchdown but hopefully the developers can narrow it down.
                                                Chad Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post

Yes, I've noticed the same thing. I can't seem to figure out what is killing the frames after touchdown but hopefully the developers can narrow it down.
                                                  Agreed,
                                                  even on a 9900k and 2080ti, once I touch down it seems to get laggy, not sure why. Rest of the flight is fine and once I reload it goes away..
                                                  Mark Roberts

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post

Only PMDG knows what they changed between initial release and the 9930 update that could affect performance. There are to many reports and different hardware for this to be isolated issues. I'm sure they will figure it out hopefully. PMDG is known for releasing great planes with great performance. You know something is up when the labs runs smoother, LOL
                                                    Dan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Wise87 View Post

You know something is up when the labs runs smoother, LOL
                                                      Funny but true..
                                                      HAAHAHAHA :.D

STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

I just had a nice flight from Oslo ENGM (Aerosoft) to Düsseldorf EDDL (Justsim).
                                                        The Aircraft performed well, but as others has seen - performance is not good.

I know my system isn´t the latest, but with other addons - also PMDG (747, 777, 737NGX) I get better performance.

Normally I can hold FPS in the low 20th, even at large airports, like Aerosoft Frankfurt and Taxi2Gate Munich, with the PMDG 747 QOS II.

With the 9030 update of the PMDG 737NGXu though I saw 17 FPS at ENGM and not getting above 25 FPS at cruise altitude, whereas I normally see FPS at 30-50 in cruise with all other addons.
                                                        I also got other addons with DL that doen´t have such an huge impact on performance.

So something is not right in my eyes.

Finn Jacobsen

i7 3770 3.4Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 960 4GB, Win 7 64bit Home edition (don´t tell it´s my OS, cause thats not the case !!)
                                                        Finn Jacobsen
                                                        PC Spec.: i7 3770 3.4 Ghz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 960 4 GB, Windows 7 Home Edition

Comment

Hello, I honestly never experienced so horrible, so Low FPS, SO Bad performance for a longtime now. (B737 NGXu P3D4.5 HF2) 9300v
                                                          i was not able to have a flight so far since i purchase three days ago. With FSLabs 319/320 at the same airport I use now for the B737, have 35-38 FPS. Now with B737 barely 7-8.
                                                          is that possible? I can not believe how it is.
                                                          Any advise from the Devs please?
                                                          Win 10 64bit i7 6700k 4,5 Ghz 32GB Ram GTX 1080ti
                                                          Hope that wasn't just as a prepaid for the MSFS 2020 737 NG3
                                                          if not fixed that should be a big disappointment
                                                          George
                                                          Last edited by georgiosgiannoukos; 16Nov2019, 19:05.

Comment

NGXu Needs update Urgently (

Comment

Working...
                                                            X