X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiouxFlyer
    • Feb 2019

ASA Options

Anybody able to verify the different options that Alaska has on their 737's.

I would appreciate the different options between the 800, 900, and newer 900er's.

Thanks
    Brett Jones

Commercial ASEL, AMEL, CFI, CFII
  • aruemenapp
    • Feb 2019

Depends on the tail number.
    Any xxxAK tail number which is the newest 900 ERsdoesn’t have the short field package, they are performance improved LED lights with pulse I believe, new fuel control cut off switches.
    4xxAS tails number are ETOPS, SFP, performance improved, some have the new fuel control cutoff switches and LED lights. (I think the changeover occurs somewhere are 480AS not sure exactly which tail number) They all have LED strobe lights some have the halogen landing lights.
    The -800s 5xxAS the ETOPS ones are obviously ETOPs, SFP, old fuel cutoff switches, the older 800s have the Honeywell MCP.
    The 900s 3xxAS
    300-305 no winglets, Honeywell MCP no SFP, non ETOPS, original lights no pulse all have eyebrows.
    306 and up a few of the oldest ones have eyebrows and some options as above.
    315 and up have same options with no eyebrows.
    No range rings
    ACCEL HEIGHT 1000 feet.

Adam Ruemenapp

ATP CL65 Type Rating ERJ170-ERJ190 Type Rating

Comment

• Captain Kevin
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by aruemenapp View Post
      Any xxxAK tail number which is the newest 900 ERsdoesn’t have the short field package
      Huh? The short-field performance package is standard on the -900ER.
      Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• aruemenapp
        • Feb 2019

I work within AAG and can say for a fact that the AK tail numbers are not SFP and non ETOPS.
        Adam Ruemenapp

Comment

• Captain Kevin
          • Feb 2019

I work within AAG and can say for a fact that the AK tail numbers are not SFP and non ETOPS.
          Then I guess Boeing got it wrong since they're the ones saying the -900ER has the SFP as standard.
          Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Boeing 25-01
            • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
            Then I guess Boeing got it wrong since they're the ones saying the -900ER has the SFP as standard.
            I will check at work tomorrow.
            Angelo Cosma

Comment

• aruemenapp
              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
              With all do respect Kevin I can see the equipment packages on their fleet, as I have access to that information. I just verified that the AKs do not have SFP. In addiction for working for a branch of AAG I have jumpseater on countless Alaska 737s. Just trying to give the highlights for equipment options on the various fleets.
              Last edited by aruemenapp; 13Nov2019, 06:02.
              Adam Ruemenapp

Comment

• Captain Kevin
                • Feb 2019

With all do respect Kevin I can see the equipment packages on their fleet, as I have access to that information. I just verified that the AKs do not had SFO. In addiction for working for a branch of AAG I have jumpseater on countless Alaska 737s. Just trying to give the highlights for equipment options on the various fleets.
                Certainly not trying to dispute your claim since I'm sure you're more knowledgeable in this area than I am, I just find it a little unusual that what Boeing's saying and what Alaska's saying are contradicting each other. In any event, the PMDG 737-900ER doesn't really give you a choice in the matter, either, it gives you the SFP as standard.
                Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• SiouxFlyer
                  • Feb 2019

Awesome thanks for the info guys,

Now that the paintkit is out, I'm sure we will see some more tail numbers soon.

Did Alaska equip any of the 900ers with the extended tanks?

Thanks!

Brett Jones

Comment

• aruemenapp
                    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by SiouxFlyer View Post
                    Awesome thanks for the info guys,

Now that the paintkit is out, I'm sure we will see some more tail numbers soon.

Did Alaska equip any of the 900ers with the extended tanks?

Thanks!

They do not.
                    Adam Ruemenapp

Comment

• KJO
                      • Nov 2019

I’m working on N581AS at the moment, 551 and 549 will follow 😊 After that the -900/ERs will come in ...

Keizo Ono
                      Last edited by KJO; 13Nov2019, 06:23.
                      Keizo Ono | Livery Painter

Comment

• 559AS

• Feb 2019

I've got the most recent fleet report right here in front of me off our internal FLT OPS site.

All 900ERs in both the 4xxAS and 2xxAK tail number series ARE equipped with the SFP/two position tail skids.

The 4xxAS series are ETOPS, the 2xxAK series are non-ETOPS.

7 of our -800s do NOT have the SFP installed. The remaining 48 -800s do have the SFP/single position tail skid installed. Only 6 of our -800s are none- ETOPS, the rest are all ETOPS equipped.

For our -900s. These are the 3xxAS series tail numbers, none have the SFP installed, and are not ETOPS equipped.

The configuration files that will be available once the new AS liveries are made available, were created using the most recent fleet report and Company 737 Systems Handbook. This includes equipment and display options that match the majority of the AS 900ER and 800 fleet.
                        Ryan Syferd
                        KSEA

Comment

• SiouxFlyer
                          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Boeing 25-01 View Post

I will check at work tomorrow.
                          That would be awesome.

Unfortunately, I don't believe we can equip LED strobes and halogen landing lights currently.

Hopefully PMDG can look into adding this feature.

Brett Jones

Comment

• SiouxFlyer
                            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by 559AS View Post
                            I've got the most recent fleet report right here in front of me off our internal FLT OPS site.

All 900ERs in both the 4xxAS and 2xxAK tail number series ARE equipped with the SFP/two position tail skids.

7 of our -800s do NOT have the SFP installed. The remaining 48 -800s do have the SFP/single position tail skid installed. Only 6 of our -800s are none- ETOPS, the rest are all ETOPS equipped.

For our -900s. These are the 3xxAS series tail numbers, none have the SFP installed, and are not ETOPS equipped.

The configuration files that will be available once the new AS liveries are made available, were created using the most recent fleet report and Company 737 Systems Handbook. This includes equipment and display options that match the majority of the AS 900ER and 800 fleet.
                            Thanks!

Config files would be great.
                            Brett Jones

Comment

• aruemenapp
                              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by 559AS View Post

That’s strange I just pulled a release for an AK and it didn’t have SFP in the remarks which, the 4xxS always do. I wonder why dispatch wouldn’t include it on the AK releases. If flightops says that’s the config it must be right.
                              Adam Ruemenapp

Comment

• cmakris
                                Administrator
                                • Sep 2018

That’s strange I just pulled a release for an AK and it didn’t have SFP in the remarks which, the 4xxS always do. I wonder why dispatch wouldn’t include it on the AK releases. If flightops says that’s the config it must be right.
                                Adam,

All the document ion we have indicate that the 900ER has SFP installed by default from Boeing.

As for the OP. Since it is not possible to have all variations for each livery we used what is common on most of them for our Alaska Liveries hence the verified option
                                Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                PMDG Technical Support
                                http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• Calzonister
                                  • Feb 2019

FYI the LED landing/taxi lights were introduced on line number 5555.
                                  The MAX throttle quadrant was introduced on line number 5605.
                                  Leo Cal

Comment

• SiouxFlyer
                                    • Feb 2019

First Alaska 900ER paint I could find for the NGXu! N493AS.
                                    She's not perfect, but I'm glad to flying some ASA metal.
                                    Now she just needs a custom PTP file.

Flight simulators premier web site. Freeware, forums, community; it all comes together at AVSIM.
                                    Last edited by SiouxFlyer; 18Nov2019, 07:50.
                                    Brett Jones

Comment

• SiouxFlyer
                                      • Feb 2019

Everyone waiting for a new Alaska 900ER paint. Black Dog Studios has released N224AK.

Go get her.

Black Dog Studios, Seattle, Washington. 687 likes · 1 talking about this. Repainting aircraft for Lockheed Martin Prepar3d and Microsoft Flight Simulator X
                                      Brett Jones

Comment

• KJO
                                        • Nov 2019

Hey y'all! Alaska Airlines (2016) for the PMDG 737-800NGXu SSW is now available! It's going out to avsim as well so when it's out there I'll edit in the link here. In the meantime, here's a Google Drive link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/11C4...ew?usp=sharingimage_4014.png
                                        Last edited by KJO; 27Nov2019, 06:39.

Comment

• DDowns

• Oct 2018

Originally posted by KJO View Post
                                          Hey y'all! Alaska Airlines (2016) for the PMDG 737-800NGXu SSW is now available! It's going out to avsim as well so when it's out there I'll edit in the link here. In the meantime, here's a Google Drive link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XL1...ew?usp=sharing
                                          Would you mind posting your name so we know who did this fine work of art (and it is a forum rule)?
                                          Dan Downs KCRP
                                          i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

Comment

• threegreen
                                            • Feb 2019

The Collins MCP and ISFD instruments were introduced in 2003 so aircraft older than that will likely still have the Honeywell MCP and analog standby instruments (unless they've been replaced).
                                            MSFS | 737-700 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair 32 GB | RTX 3090 24 GB | W10 | HP Reverb G2

Comment

• KJO
                                              • Nov 2019

For anyone craving a -900 and -900ER, I've just completed N302AS and N272AK. Happy flying!

-900: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xO6...ew?usp=sharing

-900ER: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HhS...ew?usp=sharing

Install via Operations Center

2019-11-26_18-39-53-658.png2019-11-26_21-56-32-209.png

Comment

• KJO
                                                • Nov 2019

Hey y'all! Alaska's Boeing 100 Years Strong livery (-900ER) is now available! Also expect some small fixes to the standard -800 and 900/ER soon. Cheers! https://drive.google.com/file/d/18JD...ew?usp=sharin
                                                2019-11-28_12-44-28-396.png
                                                Attached Files

Comment

• Stearmandriver
                                                  • Apr 2019

Gotta say, that ^^^ looks like a really nice job! If someone's up for a challenge, the "honoring those who serve" liveries are really cool, in addition to expressing a nice sentiment.
                                                  Andrew Crowley

Comment

• SliderCDN
                                                    • Mar 2019

Never got the updated ASA configs?
                                                    Dino Topic

Comment

Working...
                                                    X