Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Woefully piteous GSX integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woefully piteous GSX integration

GSX functionality with the 737NGXu is abysmal!
    1. Catering crews walk straight through closed doors.
    2. Baggage services do not recognize opened cargo hatches.
    3. Marshallese do not acknowledge wheel chocks and require the parking break to be set at all times.
    4. The aircraft does not recognize GSX L2 battery charger.
    5. No real-time PAX/cargo/fuel loading is apparent.

With all due respect, PMDG Ground Services at this stage will not replace GSX; please refrain from foisting it upon your customers.
    OBLIGATORY REGARDS,
    GRÉGOIRE BEAUGENDRE

Did you update GSX? They did add a configuration in, so if you haven't already updated GSX, you need to do that. Also delete any custom GSX configurations that you have for the aircraft if you have any, which I guess you don't, but I had to throw it out there anyway.
    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
      Did you update GSX? They did add a configuration in, so if you haven't already updated GSX, you need to do that. Also delete any custom GSX configurations that you have for the aircraft if you have any, which I guess you don't, but I had to throw it out there anyway.
      When was this? I’ve yet to receive a FSDT update notification.
      OBLIGATORY REGARDS,
      GRÉGOIRE BEAUGENDRE

Comment

Greg,

So much anger. I really hope it is just a face you put on for the internet and that your day to day life is much happier.

Okay- so taking your post at face value:

GSX is not a PMDG product. We are not responsible, nor do we want to be responsible to integrate someone else's work into our own. I am not a GSX owner (for technical and security reasons I won't install anything that uses couatl on a PMDG owned machine) and I don't know the first thing about how it works. We have seen GSX work beautifully well with our many other products, and I suspect it is just a matter of time before enterprising GSX users create whatever integration files or config files or whatever else is necessary to make it work.

You seem to insinuate that we have done something deliberate to negatively affect GSX users. This is not the case. We do nothing at all to inhibit your ability to use it so please do! In fact, we encourage users like you to support any developer who takes the time and energy to create something fun and useful.

Our own ground services module is there for customers who do not wish to use GSX. I think it would be in very poor taste for us to disable or remove functionality simply because a user prefers an alternate choice. That really isn't how the sim community works. Since you are a GSX user, I'm not sure why it upsets you- but I suspect that isn't something I can help you solve.

I do hope you find a solution to why it angers you, though!

Robert S. Randazzo
        PMDG Simulations
        http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• Emi
          Emi commented
          Editing a comment
          Troy: They kill all bug trackers, they read files which they shouldn't, etc.
          PMDG are not the only developers who for technical and security reasons refrain from using FSDT software.

• jeanet13
          jeanet13 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have to agree, owning all the PMDG Boeing products and expansions, imp sad to see them taking a hard line in offering GSX integration. I fly my FSL sim way more, just because it works seamlessly, and I'm new to GSX. Id use the PMDG default stuff too, but it doesn't have the back end airline integration that GSX/FSL has , sorry but true

• Swaluver88
          Swaluver88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Also gsx is terrible on realism of ramp operations.

Originally posted by Minien View Post
        When was this? I’ve yet to receive a FSDT update notification.
        Almost eight hours ago.
        Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Minien
          Minien commented
          Editing a comment
          I will look into it. Thank you.

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
        Greg,

So much anger. I really hope it is just a face you put on for the internet and that your day to day life is much happier.

GSX is not a PMDG product. We are not responsible, nor do we want to be responsible to integrate someone else's work into our own. I am not a GSX owner (for technical and security reasons I won't install anything that uses couatl on a PMDG owned machine) and I don't know the first thing about how it works. We have seen GSX work beautifully well with our many other products, and I suspect it is just a matter of time before enterprising GSX users create whatever integration files or config files or whatever else is necessary to make it work.

You seem to insinuate that we have done something deliberate to negatively affect GSX users. This is not the case. We do nothing at all to inhibit your ability to use it so please do! In fact, we encourage users like you to support any developer who takes the time and energy to create something fun and useful.

Our own ground services module is there for customers who do not wish to use GSX. I think it would be in very poor taste for us to disable or remove functionality simply because a user prefers an alternate choice. That really isn't how the sim community works. Since you are a GSX user, I'm not sure why it upsets you- but I suspect that isn't something I can help you solve.

Thank you for the timely response. I will reconsider my presuppositions.
        OBLIGATORY REGARDS,
        GRÉGOIRE BEAUGENDRE

Comment

I have always wondered...can GSX add/remove payload/fuel from PMDG aircraft like the FSL A320, or is it purely a visual interaction between PMDG and GSX?
          Rudy Fidao

Comment

Originally posted by VHOJT View Post
            I have always wondered...can GSX add/remove payload/fuel from PMDG aircraft like the FSL A320, or is it purely a visual interaction between PMDG and GSX?
            All visual only.
            Kyle Rodgers
            PMDG Developer Emeritus

Comment

Originally posted by VHOJT View Post
              It's just visual. When the fuel hoses get hooked up to the wings and you see the refueling bloke waiting, that's when you enter into the FMC how much fuel you want. The fuel gets loaded instantly, and you just visually see the numbers on the fuel truck go up.
              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Thank-you both!
                Rudy Fidao

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                  Greg,

Not speaking for OP, but from my point of view you are thinking too much about your own concerns and forgetting the customer's perspective. All the customer sees are these other addons having beautifully immersive GSX integrations and then none of the PMDG aircraft having them.

At the end of the day, that is a step down in terms of features - one more thing in the list of reasons to buy X addon over PMDG addon. The customer does not (and should not) care about how responsible you may or may not want to be to integrate 3rd party functionality. When someone asks for an addon aircraft recommendation in social media, you sure as hell will see GSX integration mentioned as a strong selling point. It is the same case with Active Sky - it is none of our concern how responsible you may want to be with HiFi, but we can all agree weather radar and wind uplink functionality make a product more appealing.

So while it is true that nothing is actively being done to negatively affect GSX users - the fact there is no GSX integration at all will be seen as a negative point in and of itself when pitching PMDG vs other addon aircraft in the same price/complexity range.
                  Last edited by Santi871; 10Nov2019, 23:54.
                  Santiago Vegega

Comment

• DDowns
                    DDowns commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Santiago... I encourage you to vote with your wallet. I have no issue with you not wanting a PMDG product because they do not 'integrate' with FSDT products. However, I have confidence that Virtuali and his team is resourceful enough to bring their product in line with what PMDG has done. Sorry to see you go.

• blueng
                    blueng commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well said, Santi871

Gents,

Think of it this way. There is a very nice feature in the CDU that will off load all Pax and Baggage and refuel for a turn around. Or you can select enroute and it will offload the desired number of Pax and Bags and reload the new Pax and their bags refuel so you can go on your way. All by just telling the CDU who is getting off and who is getting on. All the doors trucks and services happen automatically after you input the data.

That said if you do have GSX you will have to use GSX to move the jetway since GSX blocks the SODE jetways from being activated without using GSX. (I had to deal with this during beta test) If you have GSX they have released a update for the NGXu so you may use it.

Unlike some other payware aircraft PMDG Aircraft do not REQUIRE GSX in order to work. So how would you feel if you bought the 737NGX and then found out that you HAD to purchase GSX to get all the bells and whistles. Rob has always said the PMDG product are stand alone for the core sim user. I'm sure at some point ProATC will have integration with the NGXu as well. Nice to have but not required.
                  Charles Harris KRTS The Valley of Speed
                  ASUS ROG Strix B550-F, Ryzen 5800X, 1TB 970 Neo M2,1TB SSD, RX 5700XT 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3600

Comment

Originally posted by Snowfalcon View Post
                    Gents,
                    There is a very nice feature in the CDU that will off load all Pax and Baggage and refuel for a turn around. Or you can select enroute and it will offload the desired number of

Unlike some other payware aircraft PMDG Aircraft do not REQUIRE GSX in order to work. So how would you feel if you bought the 737NGX and then found out that you HAD to purchase GSX to get all the bells and whistles. Rob has always said the PMDG product are stand alone for the core sim user. I'm sure at some point ProATC will have integration with the NGXu as well. Nice to have but not required.
                    It's a nice feature to have, but for many who already have GSX and own other aircraft that are integrated well with it, it's a very quickly apparent "hole" if you will. It would be nice for GSX users if there was an option in the ground services section that would let a user denote they have GSX, so the uplift fuel, board/deboard functions could integrate with it instead of the included vehicles.
                    Matt Kramer

Comment

It's the responsibility of FSDT to make GSX work with the NGXu not the other way around. PMDG doesn't sell GSX or require it for you to use the NGXu. Kind of like complaining about Ford because the stereo you bought at Best buy doesn't fit in your car.
                      Charles Harris KRTS The Valley of Speed
                      ASUS ROG Strix B550-F, Ryzen 5800X, 1TB 970 Neo M2,1TB SSD, RX 5700XT 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3600

Comment

Update it, it works fine now.
                        Peter Walsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowfalcon View Post
                          It's the responsibility of FSDT to make GSX work with the NGXu not the other way around. PMDG doesn't sell GSX or require it for you to use the NGXu. Kind of like complaining about Ford because the stereo you bought at Best buy doesn't fit in your car.
                          For simple airstairs and other trucks attachment points, yes.

For proper indepth integration cooperation from the aircraft addon developer is required. For example, for simulating NWS pin which disables the aircraft's nosewheel steering during pushback, pulling block fuel and payload data from ACARS and activating GSX services with that data (boarding/refueling/catering/push), among others.

And no, GSX is never required. Nobody is asking for that.
                          Santiago Vegega

Comment

• Minien
                            Minien commented
                            Editing a comment
                            My point exactly. Thank you.

I just took rolled out from KSAT to KPHX. GSX L2 works great on the NGXu. Granted I control the doors but that’s about it. Full GSX flow was great. Update the FSDT live update and it will work.
                          Rocky Jet Melendez ✈️🛰

Alienware X 17 R1 Gaming Laptop- 11th Gen i9-11980H 8 core OC to 5.0ghz, 32GB DDR4 XMP 3466MHz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GF RTX 3080 16GB GDDR6, 17.3" UHD 4K 120Hz wide-viewing angle, Cryo Tech Chamber Cooling with Element 31 Thermo Paste.

Comment

Working...
                          X