Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Odd effects on the landing gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd effects on the landing gears

Hi everyone ,
    Firstly I must say congrats to PMDG on yet another amazing product.
    After installation of the 737 NGXu I found myself looking at some very odd Yellow blobs on the landing gear + wheels and looked like some sort of weird freaked out PBR effects.
    I tried several things . I have an extremely clean and latest install of P3DV4 however I could not rid myself of the strange effects.
    I swiped the shaders folder as recommended but without success.
    Then through a process of elimination decided to uninstalled Toga Enshade .
    As soon as i did that that the problems disapeared.
    Not sure if this is actually PBR related but thought it important enough the share

Cheers, Rick

As mentioned in the Intro: shader mods can cause all kinds of awful things.

The sim has PBR and HDR. No need for 3rd party stuff anymore. And if you do want to keep it just be sure to suspect that first if there are any visual oddities.
    Kyle Rodgers
    PMDG Developer Emeritus

Comment

HI, I confirm those yellow blobs. No 3D party shaders, completely default Prepar3D settings. I did both client and content updates to 4.5 including hotfixes.
      On some flights everything was perfectly normal. Maybe we are exceeding some texture limits? It was raining outside. See the attached pics.

With kind regards, Jan gear1.pnggear2.png

Jan Vysoký

Comment

It stayed strange throughout the flight. Is there some specific information for me to provide? I have dynamic reflections turned OFF, if it helps. HDR is ON. Radeon RX580, Windows 7.

Best, Jan

gear3.png
        Attached Files
        Jan Vysoký

Comment

I have submitted a ticket with a more detailed info. Hope that helps, with kind regards,

Jan
          Jan Vysoký

Comment

I don't think this will help, but have you tried turning dynamic reflections to low or higher?
            Alex Pugh

Comment

Originally posted by AirBadger View Post
              I don't think this will help, but have you tried turning dynamic reflections to low or higher?
              It does not help. (And, by the way, it makes P3D unplayable on my system)
              Jan Vysoký

Comment

I experienced this after practicing RTOs and deliberately overheating brakes and tires.
                After I allowed brakes to cool, tires and struts looked exactly like those in photos vysuos posted above.
                Worse, residual effect appeared on restart, not only in the RTO aircraft, but all my other NGXu liveries.

P3D4.512, NVidia 2080Ti, low dynamic reflections, dynamic lighting on. No shader mods.Tried reverting to stock C&D panel, changing tires and brakes, servicing all, no change.
                But: clearing shader folder cleared the problem. So at least on my system it was a shader related bug.

Chuck O

Comment

It happens to me every few flights. Deleting shaders helps. I am flying the same livery all the time - is there maybe some "mud layer" added on the gear after few turns?
                  Jan Vysoký

Comment

If you have a VR Headset installed, check to see if FlyInside is the cause because it has been known to produce this strange effect.
                    Michael Codd

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Codd View Post
                      If you have a VR Headset installed, check to see if FlyInside is the cause because it has been known to produce this strange effect.
                      Dear Michael - I have no VR headset.
                      Jan Vysoký

Comment

• Michael Codd
                        Michael Codd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        OK. In that case some other external/addon program is probably interfering and causing this issue on your PC. You are going to have to try and determine what the cause is by a process of elimination or send a support ticket to PMDG.

Has there been a cause and a fix identified to this effect on the landing gear? I've never installed any shader mods and I don't use VR, I'm on the lastest version HF2. I have this same issue.

Norm Guindon
                      Norm Guindon

Comment

Originally posted by Beener View Post
                        Has there been a cause and a fix identified to this effect on the landing gear? I've never installed any shader mods and I don't use VR, I'm on the lastest version HF2. I have this same issue.

Norm Guindon
                        Removing FlyInside fixed this issue for me when I had it and it has not happened since.

Make sure your versions Windows and Sim program, addon sceneries, graphics drivers etc are all up-to-date first and if this doesn't fix it then I suggest you send a support ticket to PMDG.
                        Michael Codd

Comment

Removing FlyInside fixed this issue for me when I had it and it has not happened since.

Make sure your versions Windows and Sim program, addon sceneries, graphics drivers etc are all up-to-date first and if this doesn't fix it then I suggest you send a support ticket to PMDG.
                          What version of Prepar3d content are you running?

Norm Guindon
                          Norm Guindon

Comment

What version of Prepar3d content are you running?

Norm Guindon
                            It is recommended you install the latest P3Dv4 Client and Content, which are versions 4.5.13.32097.
                            Michael Codd

Comment

Adding a data point. I noticed this too, no shaders mods.

Attached Files
                              Ron Yan

Comment

It is recommended you install the latest P3Dv4 Client and Content, which are versions 4.5.13.32097.
                                I'm one 4.4 for the content I think. I'll bump it to 4.5 and see the results.

Last edited by Beener; 17Nov2019, 03:31.
                                Norm Guindon

Comment

That did the trick, updating contents to 4.5 latest version. Thanks for the help.

Norm Guindon

Comment

That did the trick, updating contents to 4.5 latest version. Thanks for the help.

Norm. Guindon
                                    Never mind, just downloaded a GOL livery from Avsim and it's doing the same thing and I'm current on both content files and client.

Norm Guindon

Comment

I am having the same issue, even after a complete uninstall and reinstall of the aircraft. clearing shaders etc.

Edit, Ticket Raised.
                                      Last edited by Bcrawley57; 17Nov2019, 11:34. Reason: Ticket raised
                                      Brian Crawley

Comment

The really strange thing for me is I've seen the symptoms shown in Jan Vysoký's images only once, and never seen it again. Now, I rarely fly at night, but a couple of times I've specifically loaded at night at an airport gate to try to replicate this, but I've never been able to see it again. Honestly I'm glad it's gone for me, but I have a nagging feeling that it's going to come back at some point.
                                        Kind Regards,
                                        Steven Miller

Comment

Never mind, just downloaded a GOL livery from Avsim and it's doing the same thing and I'm current on both content files and client.
                                          Do you experience this only after flying the aircraft, or do you see it before flying the aircraft - on a fresh load into P3D?
                                          Kind Regards,
                                          Steven Miller

Comment

Originally posted by somiller View Post

Do you experience this only after flying the aircraft, or do you see it before flying the aircraft - on a fresh load into P3D?
                                            It appears as soon as I am loading the aircraft.
                                            Brian Crawley

Comment

Originally posted by Bcrawley57 View Post

It appears as soon as I am loading the aircraft.
                                              Same here, fresh setup for a flight. Shows up upon first load at the airport.

Norm Guindon

Comment

Same here, fresh setup for a flight. Shows up upon first load at the airport.
                                                Same for me. The first time I loaded the aircraft after purchase and install is the only time I've seen this symptom...that I can recall.
                                                Kind Regards,
                                                Steven Miller

Comment

Its still happening to me, I have an open ticket.
                                                  Brian Crawley

Comment

Originally posted by Bcrawley57 View Post
                                                    Its still happening to me, I have an open ticket.
                                                    Have they resolved your ticket?
                                                    Norm Guindon

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen,

what is your Prepar3D Content version? Precisely? I have updated to 4.5.13.32097 and the issue seems to be not appearing. Maybe this got also fixed in one of the updates, no idea.

Best, Jan
                                                      Jan Vysoký

Comment

Have they resolved your ticket?
                                                        No it’s still open, I am just flying it with what looks like a wheel clamp on it now. I am using the latest P3D content and client as well as the latest NGXu.

Brian Crawley

Comment

Same issue here
                                                          Jordan Collins

Comment

Working...
                                                          X