Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Unstable performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, it is better to have PMDG optimizes the performance, I do'nt think above trick works

we just really enjoy the plane if the performance is good, rather than having a fancy vc dynamic lighting or 4k texture, may you consider it ? rsrandazzo to have a lower texture resolution and dynamic lighting as an option ?
    Last edited by blueng; 13Nov2019, 19:06.
    Alexis Nguyen

Comment

Yeah, I don't believe this is some random bug or obvious mistake on PMDG's side that could be corrected with a small hotfix or a clever trick in the Nvidia Inspector. The plane is just generally heavy on frames, and must be either optimized or stripped down of some features (like the dynamic lights or 4K textures) to perform significantly better.

Before purchasing the Xu, I watched a couple of videos on YT where the performance was silky smooth, so I bought it without a second thought (because hey, it's PMDG, they always had the best performance and top-level optimization). Imagine my disappointment...
      Dmitriy Kozyrev -- i7-6700 / GTX 960 4GB / 16GB / Win10 1903

Comment

Originally posted by Swaluver88 View Post
        Found a frame jump.

I decided to go into the nvidia control panel
        Changed:
        antialiasing - off to on
        antialiasing mode- to enhance the application settings
        Antialiasing setting- to 4x
        Opengl rendering GPU - set to (your main GPU)
        power management mode- to prefer maximum performance

In the sim:
        I went from SSAA X8 to MSAA X4

Frames jumped form 5-10 to 15-20 (still can feel the loss but a lot more stable frames)

I tested this out at FB KPHX with ALL LIGHTS ON (Aircraft)

Now I tried ORBX San Diego (because that hits my frames the most with DL) and i notice a difference of 5 less frames between the two airport which I am seriously happy with this result.

hardwardware:
        I7-7700K @4.25 OC 17%
        Nvidia GTX 1080TI
        Viper Gaming Ram 16GB DDR4

Addons:
        REX EF, REX SKY FORCE 3D
        ORBX SAN, PSP, OPEN LC, GLOBAL, VECTOR
        APS4, ASCA
        FB (All sceneries)
        PMDG 737NGX, NGXu, 777
        QW 787
        Everything you touched in the Nvidia settings is meaningless. You saw an FPS increase because you stopped using SSAA. SSAA is a killer, especially in situations with dynamic lighting.

Alex Pugh

Comment

Just one thing to keep in mind - while DL is certainly causing performance issues, a lot of us are experiencing performance issues during daytime with no lights, too. My NGXu performs at the same kind of performance as the FSL (that is to say, not great at all).
          Rean Opperman

Comment

• AndreH
            AndreH commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe daytime performance issues are tied to the EFB. Turn it off and see if it improves. Don't forget the FO side.
            Last edited by AndreH; 14Nov2019, 15:02.

Hi all,

unfortuneately also for me the first time with a PMDG product that I´´m disappointed with the performance :-(
          But I´m sure the future updates will bring better performance.

Best regards!
          Holger

Comment

Originally posted by aktorsyl View Post
            Just one thing to keep in mind - while DL is certainly causing performance issues, a lot of us are experiencing performance issues during daytime with no lights, too. My NGXu performs at the same kind of performance as the FSL (that is to say, not great at all).
            For sure, but users need to look at low-hanging fruit first.
            Alex Pugh

Comment

My post (#68) can be ignored. It runs fine now. Cleared all shader folders and applied my ts preset again, whatever it was, its gone now. With same save/weatherfile i got 38 fps now, a few less than the 748 but i guess thats fine.
              Alex Wolff

Comment

Just installed the new 9930 and cleared shaders cache. First observations:

- Performance in ready for take-off state with flood lights on seems way better.
                - The plane now feels slightly slower in C&D state and in external views.
                - Framerate is very unstable, constantly jumping between 40 and 15 fps (averaging at ~28).

Will test further, but the first impression is positive.
                Last edited by dimkzr; 14Nov2019, 22:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Senchay View Post
                  My post (#68) can be ignored. It runs fine now. Cleared all shader folders and applied my ts preset again, whatever it was, its gone now. With same save/weatherfile i got 38 fps now, a few less than the 748 but i guess thats fine.
                  How do I clear shader folders? I don’t have any issues running the NGXu but I’m curious now since I’ve been keeping up with multiple threads. Thank you
                  Rocky Jet Melendez ✈️🛰

Alienware Area51m Lunar Moon Edition -Laptop. Desk top GPU/CPU in laptop. 17.3 144hz HD screen, 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9700k - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Jet Melendez View Post

How do I clear shader folders? I don’t have any issues running the NGXu but I’m curious now since I’ve been keeping up with multiple threads. Thank you
                    Delete the contents of this folder:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
                    Rean Opperman

Comment

Originally posted by aktorsyl View Post

Delete the contents of this folder:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
                      Thank you. I wish you 3 greens and soft landings, my friend.
                      Rocky Jet Melendez ✈️🛰

Alienware Area51m Lunar Moon Edition -Laptop. Desk top GPU/CPU in laptop. 17.3 144hz HD screen, 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9700k - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD

Comment

• f.skywalker
                        f.skywalker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hello PMDG Team,

thank you for the update.
                        Unfortunately with me after the update (9033) over the OP center
                        the frames worse than in the version (9901)
                        I miss some frames for the release version.
                        I deleted the shaders, the Nvidia driver is up to date.
                        Can it be because you did not do a new installation but only an update
                        The frames are now very unbalanced.

thanks
                        Frank from EDDM

Completed two flights with the new 9930.

Conclusion: performance is slightly better in the most demanding scenarios (like in a large airport at night), but overall the plane now performs even worse during climbout/cruize/approach. Also, before this update my fps were stable, but now they're constantly jumping between 40-20.

Still borderline unflyable.

Comment

Tested with both old and updated version in the same place,same time. [ daytime (it gets worse in the night) ].
                        Have same results with AA on/off dynamic lights on/off. I don't use any shaders at the moment and cleared shaders before each test.

According to my observation, it is not directly related with dynamic ligting or antialiasing. I think the plane needs to be optimized.
                        I have 30%-%50 fps less than other aircrafts.

I believe you guys can make it, I love all of your projects. Hope to see way better fps in the future.
                        Cengizhan Barut

Comment

Applying the last update. Flying at day is ok. But at night it’s absolutely a no no. Flood lights kills my sim. Drops it don’t to 8-10fps. At daytime, steady 30s. All the other aircraft work fine.

I have i7 7700K at 4.8, and GTX 1080i. Mild settings. (Mid settings. 4MSAA, and 1048 textures.

its very frustrating. Can’t do night flights.

Didn’t happen with any of the other PMDG aircrafts I have them all.

Isi Attie .

Comment

I don't fly with flood lights, it is so heavy on fps, just Dome during night flight, mine is hardly get above 30, in my case (24 - 27 fps) it makes spanning around vc seems a bit laggy,
                            Alexis Nguyen

Comment

Tested the new 9961.

Performance seems slightly better, but only by a few frames.

With huge airports like the Heathrow the plane is still barely useable (<15 fps in the cockpit compared to 20-25 with the NG3 and 748), but with smaller airports and on cruize it seems fine. Exterior performance is very good. FPS are still jumping wildly from 45 to 20 (cockpit) and from 90 to 60 (external).

Seems like you guys are going in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X