Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Can't download livery's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't download livery's

Thanks gents for the awesome surprise today. The new 737 is stunning.

However I'm stuck in the house livery due to the OC refusing to download any liveries. I'll initiate the download and the green bar seems to get stuck at about 20%, then after another 1-2 minutes this error window pops up.

Untitled.png
    Tim Smith

Hello everyone I have the same problem too

Comment

I also had that same problem as well!!! Redownloading everything right now to see if it was an error.

Comment

Originally posted by TimS View Post
        Thanks gents for the awesome surprise today. The new 737 is stunning.

However I'm stuck in the house livery due to the OC refusing to download any liveries. I'll initiate the download and the green bar seems to get stuck at about 20%, then after another 1-2 minutes this error window pops up.

Untitled.png
        Are you using any aftermarket antivirus or download accelerator programs?
        Kyle Rodgers
        PMDG Simulations

Comment

Originally posted by krodgers View Post

Are you using any aftermarket antivirus or download accelerator programs?
          No to both, Stock windows anti virus and no download managers/ accelerators.

Weirdly I changed my WiFi to mobile hotspot from my phone and a livery actually downloaded, but then I went to download another and the problems back.
          Tim Smith

Comment

Tim,

Can you confirm that you are running the OC2 as admin?

Robert S. Randazzo
            PMDG Simulations
            http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Originally posted by TimS View Post

No to both, Stock windows anti virus and no download managers/ accelerators.

Weirdly I changed my WiFi to mobile hotspot from my phone and a livery actually downloaded, but then I went to download another and the problems back.
              That sounds like a firewall issue, then. Something is definitely blocking the OC from getting to our servers.
              Kyle Rodgers
              PMDG Simulations

Comment

i add a firewall rule still the same error - i test it now, if it works when i deactivate the firewall

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                  Tim,

Can you confirm that you are running the OC2 as admin?
                  Confirm, Running as admin every time.
                  Tim Smith

Comment

I'm having exactly the same issue since buying the product yesterday, tried everything, turning off the firewall, running as Admin etc, and still no luck unfortunately.
                    Dan Hogenes

Comment

Same here.
                      Michael Hatch

Comment

If it succeeds via an alternate avenue, it’s not the OC, or our server. What we’ll find is that it’s something in between.
                        Kyle Rodgers
                        PMDG Simulations

Comment

At this point I've tried everything I could possibly think of.
                          Run as admin, Disable firewalls and antivirus, ensure UAC is off, Change wifi networks, Clean the temp folders, Numerous restarts and shut downs, and I still get the error every time except for one fluke where a livery actually downloaded.

Going to call it a night and try again after work tomorrow and hope in the meantime someone cracks the issue, otherwise it looks like I'm stuck with the house liveries :lol:
                          Tim Smith

Comment

Here's a weird thing you could try, sign up for NordVPN or ExpressVPN free trial, and try to download it. Just remember to cancel your free trial before you are charged... this would at least allow you to discover if it is indeed your firewall or something in between the servers, like a DNS issue.
                            Joseph Chamberlain
                            Aircraft Dispatcher - UPS Airlines

Comment

I downloaded some liveries not long after purchase, and also some for the 777. Now I get the same error as others.
                              David Porrett
                              Sea Pilot
                              CPL, ME, CFI, IFR
                              Mooney M20M (G500/GTN)

Comment

I got the same issue

Comment

Hi People,

Getting the same problem also, running as admin, exceptions in both antivirus and firewall. Don't know what to do next!

Regards

Daniel Lai Lam
                                  Daniel Lai Lam - FSPP

Comment

i Have the Problem too
                                    I run as Admin a checked my firewall nothing is helping

Comment

Uhm...same error here now! Had no problem downloading liveres after install, but now, some hours later, I am getting the same message as you guys.

Starting admin mode, no changes to firewall, antivirus etc...as it worked before.
                                      Regards, Tobias

Comment

Same here, I can't even see Thumbnail, All is Thumbnail temporarily unavaliable.
                                        I tried connect with VPN,but no help.
                                        Too many people trying to download now?
                                        ZHU Hai
                                        B737 Ground instructor

Comment

Originally posted by AngelofAttack View Post
                                          Same here, I can't even see Thumbnail, All is Thumbnail temporarily unavaliable.
                                          I tried connect with VPN,but no help.
                                          Too many people trying to download now?
                                          Just got a VPN set up - to say the least, that's fixed the issue.

Get this, the issue is only with the NGXu, all other aircraft are fine to download liveries for on my network.

Guess I'll just stick with the VPN for the time being.

Edit: I've also cleared the following folder in previous troubleshooting, I have no idea if this contributed to this eventually working with the VPN: AppData\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations Center\Cache\Liveries
                                          Max Dyba
                                          Content @ FSElite.net

Comment

It can not be that you need a VPN connection to install repaints. Especially since the manual add the ptp via the oc does not work. I'm really disappointed!

Comment

• Ephedrin
                                              Ephedrin commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              the OC has been released for half a day... patience, they'll find a solution, as always..

• Tremonia1974
                                              Tremonia1974 commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Yeah but they said its the customer computer the customer internet connection! I don't believe it any more!

Just for info.
                                            I purchased PMDG737NGXu today, got OC v2, (with virus checker OFF) and did initial tests [defauly PMDG livery] with P3Dv4.5HF2 all ok.
                                            Just now downloaded / installed AAL ok (PMDG 737-800NGXu BW American Airlines (N921NN | 2017 | American Heritage) using OCv2 ok.

I used Firefox and Comcast internet (for sever years) all ok.

Edit: my virus checker is Avast Pro and it was active when I used OCv2 to download a livery without a problem.

Last edited by von; 08Nov2019, 18:07.
                                            Vaughan Martell KDTW

Comment

• Tremonia1974
                                              Tremonia1974 commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              thats nice for u but thats not helping others - we all turned the internet sercurity off firewall off - nothing happens - the old ops center is working without any issue

Hey max,

so you cleared out which folder? The liveries folder?

Comment

Same error here... Turning off all antivirus and firefalls and using VPN doesn't work. So it's PMDGs fault.

Comment

Hi. I have the same error. Tried all of the above. Any solutions yet? My friend who also purchased the same product and at the same time had no problem with the Livery down-loader. Hope to hear from the support team soon.
                                                Rhett Kelly

Comment

I am reporting the same error. I am running out of ideas. Reinstalled twice now and installing liveries with OC2 on the 747 works without a problem, which doesn't help the confusion. Is there anyway to download the ptp's manually and installing the liveries manually?
                                                  Best Regards,

Amadeo Araujo

Comment

guys i solved the problem

you have to give the OPS Center a special path setting exclussion in AV

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations Center thiss path you must exclude from all sscanning and then it works!! for me this was my solution if i can help please let me know
                                                    Deniz Sarper

Comment

• VOne
                                                      VOne commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      Didn`t work for me :/

Same for me... Can`t download any livery for 737... 777 and 747 work properly...
                                                    Regards,
                                                    Damian Grzywaczewski

Comment

same here - can´t download

Comment

Working...
                                                      X