Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Why so few repaints of the 737NGXu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why so few repaints of the 737NGXu?

Looking through the alternative liveries for the PMDG737NGXu the number available is depressingly small. Surely more airlines than those shown fly this aircraft.

And given the popularity of British Airways livery it’s odd that none are available. I know BA don’t fly this aircraft in the real world but this is a simulator. I had to download a South African one that shares the livery.

I get the feeling this side of flight sim has been abandoned. Far more liveries were available for the predecessor.
    Cheers,
    Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

British airways doesn't fly the 737.

I mean Its Comair down in south Africa. Not 100% sure if those British airways 737 down there are owned be BA
    Alex Kulak
    PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

There’s tons of 3rd party paints however. Many painters have made names for themselves among the community. Have you looked for a BA livery on various websites?
      James Ward

Comment

Ray, I have found there are plenty of liveries for the NGXu for all kinds of airlines, but sometimes you need to look for them at various places. PMDG themselves can't possibly offer them all.
        BA (or rather, Miami Air on behalf of BAW) operated the 737 for a short period of time in the 2000s:

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Brit...0BiUM5ow%3D%3D

Inibuilds has you covered for a fictional, non-South African registered 737:

https://forum.inibuilds.com/files/fi...37-800-g-busi/

Comment

Originally posted by Swaluver88 View Post
          British airways doesn't fly the 737.

I mean Its Comair down in south Africa. Not 100% sure if those British airways 737 down there are owned be BA
          Did you read my post? I said I know BA don't fly the 737. It's the Comair one I have.
          Cheers,
          Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Thanks Marius, as it has a GB registration I'll try that. Yes, I have looked on AvSim but found very few. I don't expect PMDG to do all the repaints but thought the community would do them and make them available through the PMDG interface.
            Cheers,
            Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Originally posted by HighFlier View Post
              There’s tons of 3rd party paints however. Many painters have made names for themselves among the community. Have you looked for a BA livery on various websites?
              A link or links would be appreciated.
              Cheers,
              Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

This stickied thread from the paint forum is often worth a look: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...xu-livery-list

Cheesy Simulations has some of my favorite repaints for the NGXu:

https://www.cheesysimulations.com

Comment

Originally posted by RayP View Post
                  I don't expect PMDG to do all the repaints but thought the community would do them and make them available through the PMDG interface.
                  As far as I know, the liveries you see in the Operations Center are PMDG official liveries done by PMDG painters. The third-party repaints wouldn't appear in the Operations Center to download. You download the livery, make sure the .ptp file is located somewhere where you can find it, and use the Operations Center to import that .ptp file.
                  Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                    As far as I know, the liveries you see in the Operations Center are PMDG official liveries done by PMDG painters. The third-party repaints wouldn't appear in the Operations Center to download. You download the livery, make sure the .ptp file is located somewhere where you can find it, and use the Operations Center to import that .ptp file.
                    That is correct Kevin. All external painters and even painters who are on the beta team such as myself, have to use the PTP method to load our liveries. The Operations Center interface that shows you the planes directly are all done by the PMDG paint team exclusively (A team of one as far as I know) 😉

I've painted at least a dozen or so NGXu's and just about all of them are available at Avsim by clicking the link in my sig.

I think Nick B has painted at least 4-8 thousand of them if you check his website (at least it seems like that many....he paints a LOT). Ini builds also has a ton, sadly P3D paints are not all in one location much like flightsim.to for MSFS paints (for the most part).

The paints are out there Ray, you just have to do a little hunting. I guess the good news is that when that Concord is released....you'll only need 2 paints. 😀
                    Regards, Steve Dra
                    Click here to download my P3D, FSX, 2004 paints at Avsim
                    Click here to downloads my MSFS DC-6 paints on flightsim.to

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. I thought PMDG would have appreciated independent painters contributing to their stock and making them available through the official interface. Ho hum.

Yes Steve, only two liveries required for Concorde but FSL do those themselves and are very good. The Pepsi one is not for me.
                      Cheers,
                      Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. I thought PMDG would have appreciated independent painters contributing to their stock and making them available through the official interface. Ho hum.

Yes Steve, only two liveries required for Concorde but FSL do those themselves and are very good. The Pepsi one is not for me.
                        Hehe...I thought you'd like that I spilled the Concorde discussion over to here from that "other" site you had to enforce the law on as "off topic"...I know in your mind....NO Concord discussion is "off-topic". 😁 I hope you get yours soon. Can't think of a more deserving simmer who's earned it. 😉
                        Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

Thanks Steve. I’ve been flying Concorde in a simulator for close to 20 years. The best experience was in the Concorde hangar at Manchester Airport a few years ago. There was a flight sim show and I took my computer and was located under the starboard wing of G-BOAC - the flagship of the BA fleet.

Flying Concorde in the sim under the wing of the aircraft was a unique experience. Possibly the only person in the world to have done it.
                          Cheers,
                          Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Thanks Steve. I’ve been flying Concorde in a simulator for close to 20 years. The best experience was in the Concorde hangar at Manchester Airport a few years ago. There was a flight sim show and I took my computer and was located under the starboard wing of G-BOAC - the flagship of the BA fleet.

Flying Concorde in the sim under the wing of the aircraft was a unique experience. Possibly the only person in the world to have done it.
                            That must have been a great experience I know you'll always cherish.

She is a special lady for sure. My late Aunt worked for Alitalia Cargo back in the day at KJFK and she said whenever the Concorde came in or departed, the whole office stopped what it was doing and went out on the ramp to watch. She said among all the lumbering 747s and such, the Concorde was the "sexiest" machine out there and the sexiest machine she ever saw period. And coming from an Italian lady used to Italian automotive art, that means something, hehe.
                            Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

Steve, great story. I think anyone who has seen Concorde in real life feels just like that. Even today when you look at her shape it looks a modern aircraft. Incredibly beautiful too. Did I mention I was in the Airport Pub garden at Manchester back in July 2000 with Pete Dowson and many others to see her arrive and later, depart.

The pub garden is around 150 yards from the takeoff point for Rwy 23R. When those four engines spooled up with reheat the noise was fantastic. My chest cavity vibrated! 😁 Bloody magnificent! Concorde doesn’t do derated takeoffs. 🤣
                              Cheers,
                              Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Back in 74 (or was it 73....too long ago), the Blue Angels were in the Phantoms and I was a few hundred yards away when they did the 6 flight departure....12 J79's at full afterburner sorry...reheat. 😆
                                I think I lost a little hearing that day!

I hope to make it to the UK one day for your flightsim show....hope one day you'll cross the pond and attend the Yank one. I'd like to meet Pete...a legend in our hobby.
                                Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

I went to the AvSim show in Washington in 2006 as a guest of John Decker and Doug Thompson who owned Radar Contact. They won an award for it. The main U.K. Show is at RAF Cosford near Birmingham but has been cancelled for a second year. It takes place in October. Maybe in 2022 it should be back on and as it’s only a 50 mile drive Pete and his son John will come with me.
                                  Cheers,
                                  Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

I went to the AvSim show in Washington in 2006 as a guest of John Decker and Doug Thompson who owned Radar Contact. They won an award for it. The main U.K. Show is at RAF Cosford near Birmingham but has been cancelled for a second year. It takes place in October. Maybe in 2022 it should be back on and as it’s only a 50 mile drive Pete and his son John will come with me.
                                    Let's hope 2022 is the year we can get back to normal life!
                                    Regards, Steve Dra

Comment

Working...
                                    X