Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

The PMDG 737NGX Tutorial #2 EHAM-LOWI Does NOT Show up in the P3D Load Senario Screen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The PMDG 737NGX Tutorial #2 EHAM-LOWI Does NOT Show up in the P3D Load Senario Screen

    I've just completed the PMDG Tutorial 1 and moving to the Tutorial 2. In the tutorial 2 manual on page 11, under Loading the Saved Flight, it says to start the P3D sim and click the Load button. And from there, select the flight "PMDG 737NGX Tutorial #2 EHAM-LOWI." But that flight is NOT listed anywhere in the scenario screen. The tutorial 1 manual did not say anything about saving the previous flight and giving it a name. I also did not do that because I figured the senaril would not load correctly and would already be installed anyway by the PMDG installer. Why is that tutorial flight scenaril not there?

    Ken.
    Last edited by kmanning; 23May2021, 01:27.
    Ken Manning


    #2
    Originally posted by kmanning View Post
    I've just completed the PMDG Tutorial 1 and moving to the Tutorial 2. In the tutorial 2 manual on page 11, under Loading the Saved Flight, it says to start the P3D sim and click the Load button. And from there, select the flight "PMDG 737NGX Tutorial #2 EHAM-LOWI." But that flight is NOT listed anywhere in the scenario screen. The tutorial 1 manual did not say anything about saving the previous flight and giving it a name. I also did not do that because I figured the senaril would not load correctly and would already be installed anyway by the PMDG installer. Why is that tutorial flight scenaril not there?

    Ken.
    Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Thank you!

    https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

    This is known, the only workaround is to either save Tutorial 1 and start from there, OR create a new flight at EHAM and fly from there following the tutorial
    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
    PMDG Technical Support
    http://www.pmdg.com

    Comment


      #3
      I'm kind of confused by this topic, has the OP posted on the wrong forum? I've recently purchased the NGXu and followed the tutorials religiously because the systems are so complex. On my installation the second tutorial was for KSFO - PHNL and included a ETOP's scenario. Is their another flight that I have overlooked?
      Ian Chalmers
      PC: i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 16GB DDR4, 10GB RTX3080, 1TB SSD & 2TB HDD, WIN10 HOME, FSX, P3DV5

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Chigley View Post
        I'm kind of confused by this topic, has the OP posted on the wrong forum? I've recently purchased the NGXu and followed the tutorials religiously because the systems are so complex. On my installation the second tutorial was for KSFO - PHNL and included a ETOP's scenario. Is their another flight that I have overlooked?
        He means the original NGX
        Chris Makris (Olympic260)
        PMDG Technical Support
        http://www.pmdg.com

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Chigley View Post
          I'm kind of confused by this topic, has the OP posted on the wrong forum? I've recently purchased the NGXu and followed the tutorials religiously because the systems are so complex. On my installation the second tutorial was for KSFO - PHNL and included a ETOP's scenario. Is their another flight that I have overlooked?
          Ian,
          I'm not using the PMDG737u. I'm using the PMDG 737NGX, the original one.

          Last edited by kmanning; 23May2021, 21:11.
          Ken Manning

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by cmakris View Post

            Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Thank you!

            https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

            This is known, the only workaround is to either save Tutorial 1 and start from there, OR create a new flight at EHAM and fly from there following the tutorial
            I've posted my name at the end of my post. I've edited my account and I don't want to hear any more about this. I want know if I did it correctly until after I post.

            Regarding the issue, if this is already known, then why make that statement in the manual to go to that scenario in the first place? I guess I can just load the airport and select the "Cold and Dark" from the FMC and everything should be correct.

            Last edited by kmanning; 23May2021, 21:10.
            Ken Manning

            Comment


              #7
              I really don't like the location of my name and want it on top of the banner. Why is my name on the right and not on top, and how to I place it there? And there seems to be too much space between my text and the banner.
              Last edited by kmanning; 23May2021, 21:32.
              Ken Manning

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by kmanning View Post
                Regarding the issue, if this is already known, then why make that statement in the manual to go to that scenario in the first place?
                I suppose in theory it's possible they weren't aware of it until after the fact and the manual wasn't changed for some reason. I'm just guessing.
                Originally posted by kmanning View Post
                I really don't like the location of my name and want it on top of the banner. Why is my name on the right and not on top, and how to I place it there? And there seems to be too much space between my text and the banner.
                When you edit your signature, just make sure your name comes up before the banner.
                Captain Kevin

                Kevin Yang

                Comment


                • Ausflight
                  Ausflight commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kevin i think your name is disappearing lol.

                #9
                Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                I suppose in theory it's possible they weren't aware of it until after the fact and the manual wasn't changed for some reason. I'm just guessing.
                I've thought of that but didn't know for sure.

                Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                When you edit your signature, just make sure your name comes up before the banner.
                When I went back to edit it, I tried to move my name but I cannot get it to move, or position it. I must not be doing it right. Actually when I'm editing it, my name shows up below the banner but when it's posted, it's on the right.
                Last edited by kmanning; 24May2021, 03:48.
                Ken Manning

                Comment

                Working...
                X