Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

APU Bus Tie Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APU Bus Tie Issue

I realize this issue has been reported in the past, just wasn't sure if there's been a fix.

To be clear, the problem is after the APU is started, I can't transfer power from GPU, the 2 toggle switches do nothing - this seems to be an intermittent issue, only happening sometimes, but lately is happening more than not.
    Is this possibly related to a Windows update?

P3d 5.1 HF1 / Windows 10 (latest build)
    Thanks,
    Brian Horvath

It’s been happening more for me as well. I’ve given up on trying to reproduce it and now I just start with the APU on. Sad that PMDG can’t fix this.
    Alex Pugh

Comment

Have you both tried deleting all panel states? That usually solves problems like these.

If it's still not working, just dispatch without APU and take the chance to practice the Starting with Ground Air Source procedure to start ENG1 on the stand and the Engine Crossbleed Start procedure to start ENG2 after push. They're both available in FCOM1 SP.7.5 (Page 219).

This happens in the real airplane every now and then.
      Omar Josef
      737 FO
      757/767 rated
      Spain

Comment

Originally posted by Aeromar View Post
        Have you both tried deleting all panel states? That usually solves problems like these.

If it's still not working, just dispatch without APU and take the chance to practice the Starting with Ground Air Source procedure to start ENG1 on the stand and the Engine Crossbleed Start procedure to start ENG2 after push. They're both available in FCOM1 SP.7.5 (Page 219).

This happens in the real airplane every now and then.
        Thanks and yes, that's exactly what I have been doing when this happens.
        I'll try clearing panel states and see if that helps.
        Thanks,
        Brian Horvath

Comment

I've cleared and remade my panel states many, many times since the NGXu came out. Perhaps PMDG could fix the core issue of panel states getting corrupted in the first place.

edit: here's what clearing my panel state got me. Good 'ol 76RF. Easy enough for me to refill and clear the failure, but why does PMDG have such a difficult time with panel states?

Attached Files
          Last edited by AirBadger; 25Apr2021, 16:10.
          Alex Pugh

Comment

You're not alone, Brian. There's apparently a number of us with this issue. It's unlikely a saved panel state issue. I never use them and I've had the issue twice.

I put in a ticket and the response was one of unawareness. I directed him to the linked thread above, but have heard no response in a few weeks. Not big issue for me, but just annoying when you want to jump in and do a flight after work.

Omar, I'll have to try that crossbleed start. If things go wrong, just make the best of it, right?
            Matthew Glanden

Comment

• mglan80
              mglan80 commented
              Editing a comment
              To clear up unintentional inaccuracies and blanket statements, I wasn't conflating the PMDG gentleman that responded to my support ticket with PMDG as a whole. I saw through other threads that PMDG were aware and was why I directed him to them. I also wasn't expecting a response for a fix since it was clear from other threads that it was still unresolved and most of those threads ended with: well, put in a support ticket to it can be tracked. I assumed the error was logged and there was no need for further communication. It would have been nice to get a confirmation it was logged, though - even if it's just a canned response. Nothing on the gentleman that replied as that might be SOP.

Hopefully this clarification means I passed 101 and can move on to 200 level Internet courses.

Absolutely. Check the MEL and go.

Regarding the panel states. I don't do full preflight normally. My airplane is ready to go on the runway to just hit TOGA. I have one flight with the airplane in my home base ready to do a circuit flight like the ones we've been doing during COVID grounding and I have another saved flight with the airplane ready for take off in Stansted, just like when we do our recurrent simulator training IRL. These are complex panel states with everything fully configured. The only time I had a problem with a panel state was after updating the airplane. As a rule of thumb, every time there's an airplane update, I create new saved flights with their associated panel states.
            Omar Josef
            737 FO
            757/767 rated
            Spain

Comment

Originally posted by mglan80 View Post
              You're not alone, Brian. There's apparently a number of us with this issue. It's unlikely a saved panel state issue. I never use them and I've had the issue twice.

I put in a ticket and the response was one of unawareness. I directed him to the linked thread above, but have heard no response in a few weeks. Not big issue for me, but just annoying when you want to jump in and do a flight after work.

Omar, I'll have to try that crossbleed start. If things go wrong, just make the best of it, right?
              Your statement is full of inaccuracies. PMDG has been aware of this issue for quite some time now, maybe over a year? I have personally been watching for this issue myself with different aircraft to try and replicate it so PMDG can get a snapshot of what exactly happened. They have stated it is PROBABLY due to panel states but they are NOT positive because no one has been able to replicate the issue.

Is PMDG perfect? No, but blanket statements like yours are very far from the truth. There are multiple threads related to this issue with several people commenting on it regarding the inability to close the APU bus ties.
              CA JP Walden
              ATPMEL, IRA E170/190PIC, CE525 SIC
              CFI/MEI/II
              Intel i7-10700K Unlocked, MSI Z490 GE Wifi, 32G DDR4, Nvidia 3090 RTX 24G VRAM, 2 Samsung M.2 1 TB SSDs, 1 2 TB HDD, EVGA SuperNova 1300W PSU

Comment

• mglan80
                mglan80 commented
                Editing a comment
                This reaction is exactly why I generally don’t comment on threads like these. I never said PMDG was unaware I said the gentleman that replied to my ticket was unaware. I was also clearly not complaining about the aircraft not being perfect. In fact I said I make the best of these situations.

I really dislike having a post misread and misinterpreted that is addressed through a kneejerk negative reaction versus a request for clarification. This really puts people off both online and in person.

• ProPilot85140
                ProPilot85140 commented
                Editing a comment
                You made the ambiguous post sir. Dont leave things subject to interpretation. That s internet 101.

• mglan80
                mglan80 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll remove the ambiguity from my post.

Hey guys I have the same issue, can't transfer power to APU from GND power.. the switches don't make any changes. It happens on the BBJ series, haven't seen it on the normal 737 or 738 variants.

Teofilo Homsany
              Teofilo Homsany

Comment

Now I ran into another bug where the engine generators won't come on. Where's the QA? Anyone home at PMDG?
                Alex Pugh

Comment

Ok I have found a solution as of P3dv5.1 5/9/2021...

I loaded the aircraft's scheme config for default PMDG and then a paint I downloaded from the manager.

In that config the default contained 3 extra lines. So go to your folder

*P3Dlocation*\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGXu\Aircraft

Open the file for your paint addon and add these lines at the bottom from a default paint "for example (N738SW.ini)"

[Version]
                  Version=1
                  AccurateOptions=1

After that, SAVE and load your aircraft and the BUSSES should connect correctly.

Gary Hayes
                  Gary Hayes
                  I paint stuff, make videos of how to do stuff....just lots of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Gary_Hayes View Post
                    Ok I have found a solution as of P3dv5.1 5/9/2021...

I loaded the aircraft's scheme config for default PMDG and then a paint I downloaded from the manager.

In that config the default contained 3 extra lines. So go to your folder

*P3Dlocation*\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGXu\Aircraft

Open the file for your paint addon and add these lines at the bottom from a default paint "for example (N738SW.ini)"

[Version]
                    Version=1
                    AccurateOptions=1

After that, SAVE and load your aircraft and the BUSSES should connect correctly.

Gary Hayes
                    Gary,

would you be so kind to tell PMDG in s support ticket? That way it‘s certain that it reaches the correct persons who can prepare an update if they agree with the fix. If that‘s the reason then you‘d probably help many people. Good find!
                    i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                    Marc Ehnle

Comment

I also had this issue pop up randomly, very hard to track but usually after landing, I'd fire up the APU on the way to the gate and just couldn't put it on BUS. See if that ini fixes it when I get my 3080 back.

Eric Blais

Comment

I had this same problem until I found out that thoose switches was considered as pusbuttons.
                        After prgramming with left single all worked.
                        This is of course on a hard panel.
                        Henning Ringsvold

Comment

I too have had this problem, but it’s random and seldom. Can’t point anything in specific, Just one of those gremlins. It only occurs to me if I load the Long Panel State, not had any issues thus far in Cold and Dark or the Short Panel State. Hopefully we can find the gremlin soon, ruins a flight or two every now and then.
                          Last edited by heavydriver; 01Jun2021, 10:32.
                          Ajit S

Comment

Working...
                          X