Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Dilemma whether to purchase before NG3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilemma whether to purchase before NG3

Hi guys
    it's couple of weeks that i'm thinking of buying the 738 include the varient of -600 and -700 .
    something that preventing me of buying it is the fact that PMDG is about to publish the new NG3 (couple of month or weeks ahead).
    if i'm buying it now - will I be able to get the NG3 for free? or maybe for significant discount?

kind regards

Negative, and negative. The NG3 is a complete remake.
    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Hi DolevR

Don't forget to include your first and last name on your posts, which you agreed to do when you signed up on the forums.

Historically, PMDG has not offered any sort of discount for anyone who has previously purchased a product that is now being offered in an upgraded format (eg. if you owned the original 747, you had to pay full price again for the newer version of the 747). I cannot categorically state that they will not decide to offer some kind of special deal when the NG3 comes out, but based on history I would say that it is extremely unlikely. Especially since, as Kevin mentioned, this will be a complete remake of the product.
      Tim Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post
        Hi DolevR

Don't forget to include your first and last name on your posts, which you agreed to do when you signed up on the forums.
        Didn't know that - my name is Dolev Ravid

Comment

Originally posted by DolevR View Post
          Hi guys
          it's couple of weeks that i'm thinking of buying the 738 include the varient of -600 and -700 .
          something that preventing me of buying it is the fact that PMDG is about to publish the new NG3 (couple of month or weeks ahead).
          if i'm buying it now - will I be able to get the NG3 for free? or maybe for significant discount?

kind regards
          Now what made you think of that idea?Discount,FREE.
          Danny Z.Cebis

Comment

I'm waiting myself.

I'm currently flying the 787 as Qantas/Jetstar are changing their fleets over to them for their medium/long hauls and I'll fly the NG3 as my Domestic Aircraft. Looking forward to it!
            Peter Walsh.

Comment

I would go ahead and get the NGX if you need a 737. It may be another year or two before NG3.
              Victor Green

Comment

• Ausflight
                Ausflight commented
                Editing a comment
                Or three.............ten characters.

Two or three years ?
              Damned, i was thinking it will be released this year...

I already owned the NG so it's not really a problem but i can't wait to see this new bird.

HOAREAU Loïc
              Last edited by aSh; 11Aug2019, 17:06. Reason: Edit : Sign
              Loïc Hoareau

Comment

Originally posted by aSh View Post
                Two or three years ?
                Damned, i was thinking it will be released this year...
                I see no reason as to why you shouldn't purchase the 737 series now. It's a magnificent bird and is (still, despite the more advanced features and graphics of the 777 and 747) my favorite PMDG plane to date.

To be honest, I seriously doubt that, we'll see the NG3 this year - as far as I know, it hasn't even gotten into beta yet.

Without knowing anything about PMDG's timetable or their current status of their NG3, I don't think it will be released this year.
                My best guess would be sometime in late 2020 - but to be honest (and a little pessimistic) my personal guess is mid-to-late 2021 to 2022...
                Best regards,
                --Anders Bermann--

Comment

Originally posted by Anders Bermann View Post
                  Without knowing anything about PMDG's timetable or their current status of their NG3, I don't think it will be released this year.
                  My best guess would be sometime in late 2020 - but to be honest (and a little pessimistic) my personal guess is mid-to-late 2021 to 2022...
                  The only clue would be that RSR said some time ago it would go into beta by late May/early June if everything went as planned, which I believe it didn't since I don't think there was an update that it actually is in beta. If you go by perhaps a three month delay, it would enter beta testing late this month/early September. Based on that, 2021 or even 2022 seem unlikely to me.

This, however, is really just speculation and guessing mixed with hope on my side. This is why I would welcome at least an overview of the state of the product. I know why there are no actual release dates, but I would assume a rough estimate (based in the assumption everything went according to plan) could be viable. Could be months, could be years ... could be anything.

Niklas Graefe

Comment

Gents - the above timelines are speculation from other users.

There is only one valid source for news from us: PMDG...and most specifically, RSR.

I'm not saying Victor can't offer up his opinion - his idea is just as good as anyone other customer here - but just be mindful of the fact that the speculation of those not in the know is wild: he has no more information than you do.
                    Kyle Rodgers
                    PMDG Simulations

Comment

Originally posted by krodgers View Post
                      the speculation of those not in the know is wild
                      That's why I spoke about a rough estimate. Nothing too precise and obviously subject to change, but an estimate that will give people a general idea of where the product is, if that's feasible. Whether it's a matter of a couple of months or years. This would also make it easier for people like the OP to determine whether to buy a product to be replaced or to hold off until the new one arrives.

Niklas Graefe

Comment

Originally posted by threegreen View Post
                        That's why I spoke about a rough estimate. Nothing too precise and obviously subject to change, but an estimate that will give people a general idea of where the product is, if that's feasible. Whether it's a matter of a couple of months or years. This would also make it easier for people like the OP to determine whether to buy a product to be replaced or to hold off until the new one arrives.
                        As long as this is noted, but do keep in mind that it is important to note. One need only look at Loïc's response, above. He took Victor's answer as authoritative, it seems, particularly because it doesn't clearly state what you note.
                        Kyle Rodgers
                        PMDG Simulations

Comment

Originally posted by DolevR View Post
                          Hi guys

kind regards
                          Hi Dolev,

Just want to mention that PMDG is currently having a 22% off sale on everything that will end soon -- an extremely rare event for PMDG.
                          Mike

Comment

So the NG3 is the NG series remade? Not the MAX?
                            Evan Cheauré (EvantheKidDS)

Comment

• threegreen
                              threegreen commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I personally think it's likely we'll get the MAX at some point, too, and I think the hints they dropped are more clear than their nature of being just hints would suggest. But it will most likely not be the upcoming NG3 product. They already stated that the NG3 will replace the NGX product line. It's simply nonsensical to call the product NG3 when it's not an NG but a MAX. The hint in the change log of the Ops Center actually says NG3/MAX which to me means there is going to be both, an NG and a MAX. As far as I can remember, the "MAX'd out" was referring to their future development situation after the 747-8 and while it certainly suggests there will be a MAX at some point, it doesn't rule out a third version of the NG. I think the MAX will come later as an expansion to the NG3.

Just my two cents, though.

• EvantheKidDS
                              EvantheKidDS commented
                              Editing a comment
                              So, what you're saying is, that the NG3 is going to be a revamped 737-600/900 + ER's? And that, there could be a future MAX expansion for it including the MAX 7/9 maybe, 10?

• threegreen
                              threegreen commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's what I believe, yes. No official word yet.

Do keep in mind though that the NG3 is a completely new, standalone product. It replaces the NGX but it's not just an update to it.

To the best of my knowledge, nothing has been mentioned by PMDG that would indicate that the NG3 would be the MAX.
                            Tim Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by krodgers View Post

As long as this is noted, but do keep in mind that it is important to note. One need only look at Loïc's response, above. He took Victor's answer as authoritative, it seems, particularly because it doesn't clearly state what you note.
                              I'm not sure if we are at cross purposes. I wanted to make the suggestion that PMDG make some kind of rough estimate so that we get a general idea of what kind of time frame we are looking at here. I don't know if an estimate like that makes sense from your point of view as the developer.
                              Niklas Graefe

Comment

Originally posted by threegreen View Post

I'm not sure if we are at cross purposes. I wanted to make the suggestion that PMDG make some kind of rough estimate so that we get a general idea of what kind of time frame we are looking at here. I don't know if an estimate like that makes sense from your point of view as the developer.
                                Hi Niklas, PMDG cannot make a rough estimate because even when they are careful to make it clear that it is an estimate when that time approaches many many start demanding status and updates. It becomes a circus.

Best just to assume it's not close (because it's not in beta), and that it is in the unforeseeable future.
                                Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

• threegreen
                                  threegreen commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Fair enough.
                              Working...
                              X