Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Continuous clicking/ticking in cockpit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuous clicking/ticking in cockpit

I am getting a ticking/clicking noise in the cockpit - once or twice a second. The taxi light flickers, and the taxi switch flickers quickly. The first time this happened I had the gear up on my Bravo controller when the cockpit gear indicators showed it was down. Synchronizing the gear positions fixed it. This time that is not the case. Holding down the right mouse button eliminates the sound, but when released the clicking sound resumes. When I disconnect the Bravo controller the sound goes away. I've removed all controller bindings on the Bravo related to lights, or anything else that is not essential.

This is a relatively new problem - within the last few weeks. I am running the latest release - which I updated after the problem started so that's not the issue.

Brian Price
    Last edited by brianprice6; 22Jan2023, 00:59.

Originally posted by brianprice6 View Post
    I am getting a ticking/clicking noise in the cockpit - once or twice a second. The first time this happened I had the gear up on my Bravo controller when the cockpit gear indicators showed it was down. Synchronizing the gear positions fixed it. This time that is not the case. Holding down the right mouse button eliminates the sound, but when released the clicking sound resumes. I've disconnected the Bravo controller and that does not change the situation.

This is a relatively new problem - within the last few weeks. I am running the latest release - which I updated after the problem started so that's not the issue.
    Welcome to the PMDG forum, please the the rule that we all agreed to on joining the forum to sign our full name on all posts.

Check you control binding for the parking brake, or quick check if you step on both brakes does the parking brake set. Your description sounds like what happens if a controller is constantly pulling the parking brake lever but it doesn't stay set because the brakes need to be fully applied.
    Dan Downs KCRP
    i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

Comment

Hi, just to be entirely sure, you do not mean the clicking sound from the analogue standby instruments, do you? Does it go away when you change to the ISFD?

Comment

I've experienced this when there is an issue that was fixed by unplugging and replugging my USB devices. All my devices are on a hub so it was pretty easy to do. The only problem is if I do it when the sim is running it will crash to desktop.
        Tom Landry

Comment

As I mentioned if I unplug the Bravo throttle then the ticking goes away. However I have looked through all the Bravo control bindings and removed everything except the basic ones I've mentioned. The USB plug is on a powered hub, and if I move it to a port on the desktop it does not change the behavior. It's not related to the analog standby instruments either - that's a different sound. It's not related to the brake either - that's a different sound too and there's nothing mapped for it on the Bravo for sure.

It is the sound of an overhead switch, like a light. And all the exterior lights are flashing, and several of the switches are vibrating. So I have to believe it's somehow related to that. But no idea how to fix it. Not happening with any other aircraft in this sim or in any other sim I use. Thanks for responding.

Brian Price

Comment

Originally posted by DDowns View Post

Welcome to the PMDG forum, please the the rule that we all agreed to on joining the forum to sign our full name on all posts.

Check you control binding for the parking brake, or quick check if you step on both brakes does the parking brake set. Your description sounds like what happens if a controller is constantly pulling the parking brake lever but it doesn't stay set because the brakes need to be fully applied.
            Yes everything is fine there. And it happens in flight where the parking brakes are released and not an issue. And it's not the same sound as a parking brake as I mention above.

Brian Price
            Last edited by brianprice6; 22Jan2023, 07:24.

Comment

Ok - I've done some additional testing. The clicking sound also occurs on default MSFS airliners, so not just PMDG. It is the external lights clicking on and off. And if I change profiles to the default for the Bravo, the sound goes away. But the other functionality I need of course is not mapped properly for this aircraft with the default profile. Anyway if anyone has seen this specific behavior and has ideas on a solution let me know, otherwise I think the MSFS forum is the place to pursue this, and possibly Honeycomb although I hear their customer service is not that responsive.

Another idea is for me to start with the Default profile for the Bravo, and then configure it for the PMDG and test after each change to see if and when the problem arises.

Brian Price

Comment

Hi Brian.
                'And if I change profiles to the default for the Bravo, the sound goes away'
                So that absolutely proves it is a mapping issue somewhere then, frustrating isn't it!

'Another idea is for me to start with the Default profile for the Bravo, and then configure it for the PMDG and test after each change to see if and when the problem arises.'
                Yes, or approach from the other end and turn off mappings to switches etc and see what clears the problem.

Be aware (as you probably are already) that some descriptions of mapping functions are somewhat questionable in that double meanings can be taken of them, and lead you to think it is set correctly when it gives the exact opposite effect, or an effect you did not expect at all...
                Unfortunately that can then lead to irritating trial and error to track them down, so yes starting with the default that works and then building the mapping from that point will probably work out the easiest and quickest for you.

I would just change say 6 at a time to start with, and then it should be much easier to pin down the one of that last group of 6 when testing that's causing any problem.
                Good luck, let's hope you find it in the first 6 you change!

By the way, lights mapping seem to be a common issue with the Bravo/PMDG a search might find the answer for you.

Steve Mel

Comment

Hi Brian

If I get it well, my english being quite poor, I understand that you have been binding the lighting system to your BRAVO HONEYCOMB. The problem is not associated to the brakes button binding anyway since you have it with the PMDG 737 whatever the device you are using to bind the lights button i.e ALPHA or BRAVO HONECOMB
                  2 different things actually.

To sort this problem out for my BBJ I have installed the lights system on my ALPHA HONEYCOMB. Then it seems that there is a problem to bind it to the 737 anyway. If you're installing say LANDING LIGHTS with buttons usual 2 positions i.e : (As an example)

LANDING LIGHTS OFF button 23 and
                  LANDING LIGHTS ON button 24
                  It does not work either and you are facing this ticking button in the VC.

To put it right the only way I have found is to use the TOGGLE binding option into the MSFS OPTIONS after changing the DEFAULT ALPHA HONEYCOMB and renamed it under PMDG 737 :

TOGGLE LANDING LIGHTS button 23. (Using scanning system)

Then after starting the flight and in order to get the LANDING LIGHTS ON I put the button 23 in position 24 and to avoid the ticking I put it back immediatly to position 23.

This make the VC button going to the right position and not ticking anymore as well as the lights normally behaving in external view.

Then same for all other lights i.e BEACON, TAXI, NAV and STROBE.

I suppose that it could be working also on the BRAVO but I did not try and for me I do prefer to use the ALPHA buttons which I find more convenient for this purpose.

Hope this will help

K.Rgds
                  Michel MAILLOU

Comment

Hi Brian

In my former message I made a mistake. After LANDING LIGHTS OFF button 23 and LANDING LIGHTS ON button 24 please read :
                    It does not work either and the button into the VC does not even move. Nothing happens.

To put it right..........

K.rgds
                    Michel MAILLOU

Comment

Brian,

I am not a user of MSFS but have been becoming quite familiar with programming of the Alpha/Bravo systems. Sometimes trying to find a binding can be somewhat difficult and you may find there is a binding you can't find though it is there. What the continuous switching sounds like is a binding for lights which also has "repeat" instance enabled. If you open your XXX.json file (XXX being the Bravo's file name) with a text editor, you can scroll through to verify there are no 'hidden' instances of lighting on your Bravo settings. If you find something lingering in the json file you can remove it being very careful to maintain the file structure. The file structure uses brackets -- { -- } -- to open and close each string of the commands. If you do delete a section using notepad, make sure the brackets look like this between each string variable...

} (closes the previous string)
                      { (opens the next string)

Here is my .json for my NGXu.
                      It is a modified version of the one available from the Aerosoft website.

{
                      "Version": 1,
                      "SaveName": "BFC_Throttle_Config_PMDG_NGX(u)",
                      "Data": [
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 0,
                      "PressEvent": [
                      {
                      "Variables": [
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_HDG_SEL_SWITCH",
                      "Value": "536870912",
                      "VariableIsCustom": true,
                      "VariableBoundaries": {
                      "MinValue": "",
                      "MaxValue": "",
                      "Clamp": false
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Variable": "",
                      "Value": "",
                      "Name": "MCP_HDG_SEL",
                      "Condition": "",
                      "ConditionValue": "",
                      "ConditionLogic": "",
                      "Conditions": [],
                      "Repeat": 0
                      }
                      ],
                      "ReleaseEvent": []
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 1,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_VOR_LOC_SWITCH",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_VORLOC",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 2,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_APP_SWITCH",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_APP",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 3,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_LNAV_SWITCH",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_LNAV",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 4,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_VNAV_SWITCH",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_VNAV",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 5,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_LVL_CHG_SWITCH",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_LVLCHG",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 6,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_SPEED_SWITCH",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_SPEED",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 7,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_CMD_A_SWITCH",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_CMD_A",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 8,
                      "PressEvent": [],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 9,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "INT:IDLE_REV:1",
                      "Value": "1",
                      }
                      },
                      {
                      "Variable": "K:AXIS_THROTTLE_REVERSER1_SET",
                      "Value": "-14000",
                      "VariableIsCustom": false,
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG1_IDLE_REV_ON",
                      }
                      ],
                      "ReleaseEvent": [
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "INT:IDLE_REV:1",
                      "Value": "0",
                      }
                      },
                      {
                      "Variable": "K:THROTTLE1_CUT",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG1_IDLE_REV_OFF",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 10,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "INT:IDLE_REV:2",
                      }
                      },
                      {
                      "Variable": "K:AXIS_THROTTLE_REVERSER2_SET",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG2_IDLE_REV_ON",
                      }
                      ],
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "INT:IDLE_REV:2",
                      }
                      },
                      {
                      "Variable": "K:THROTTLE2_CUT",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG2_IDLE_REV_OFF",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 11,
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 12,
                      {
                      "Variables": [],
                      "Name": "MCP_ALT_INCREASE",
                      "Conditions": [
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_ALTITUDE_SELECTOR",
                      "Value": "16384",
                      },
                      "Condition": "INT:FCU_SELECTOR, string",
                      "ConditionValue": "ALT",
                      "ConditionIsCustom": false
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "Name": "MCP_VS_INCREASE",
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_VS_SELECTOR",
                      "Value": "8192",
                      },
                      "ConditionValue": "VS",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "Name": "MCP_HDG_INCREASE",
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_HEADING_SELECTOR",
                      },
                      "ConditionValue": "HDG",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "Name": "MCP_CRS_INCREASE",
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_COURSE_SELECTOR_L",
                      },
                      "ConditionValue": "CRS",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "Name": "MCP_IAS_INCREASE",
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_SPEED_SELECTOR",
                      },
                      "ConditionValue": "IAS",
                      }
                      ],
                      }
                      ],
                      {
                      "Name": "MCP_INCREASE_STOP",
                      {
                      },
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      }
                      ],
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 13,
                      {
                      "Name": "MCP_ALT_DECREASE",
                      {
                      },
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "Name": "MCP_VS_DECREASE",
                      {
                      },
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "Name": "MCP_HDG_DECREASE",
                      {
                      },
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "Name": "MCP_CRS_DECREASE",
                      {
                      },
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "Name": "MCP_IAS_DECREASE",
                      {
                      },
                      }
                      ],
                      }
                      ],
                      {
                      "Name": "MCP_DECREASE_STOP",
                      {
                      },
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      }
                      ],
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 14,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_DISENGAGE_BAR",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "AP_DISENG_BAR_DN",
                      }
                      ],
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_DISENGAGE_BAR",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "AP_DISENG_BAR_UP",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 15,
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 16,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "INT:FCU_SELECTOR, string",
                      "Value": "IAS",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_IAS",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 17,
                      {
                      {
                      "Value": "CRS",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_CRS",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 18,
                      {
                      {
                      "Value": "HDG",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_HDG",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 19,
                      {
                      {
                      "Value": "VS",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_VS",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 20,
                      {
                      {
                      "Value": "ALT",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_ALT",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 21,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "K:ELEV_TRIM_DN",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ELEV_TRIM_DOWN",
                      "Repeat": 1
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 22,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "K:ELEV_TRIM_UP",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ELEV_TRIM_UP",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 23,
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 24,
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 25,
                      {
                      {
                      "Value": "16383",
                      }
                      },
                      {
                      "Variable": "INT:MAX_REV:1",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG1_MAX_REV_ON",
                      {
                      },
                      "Condition": "INT:IDLE_REV:1",
                      "ConditionValue": "=1",
                      "ConditionIsCustom": true
                      }
                      ],
                      }
                      ],
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "K:THROTTLE1_CUT",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG1_MAX_REV_OFF",
                      "ConditionLogic": "AND",
                      {
                      },
                      "ConditionValue": "=0",
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      "Condition": "INT:MAX_REV:1",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      {
                      },
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      "Condition": "INT:MAX_REV:1",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "INT:MAX_REV:1",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 26,
                      {
                      {
                      "Value": "16383",
                      }
                      },
                      {
                      "Variable": "INT:MAX_REV:2",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG2_MAX_REV_ON",
                      {
                      },
                      "Condition": "INT:IDLE_REV:2",
                      "ConditionValue": "1",
                      }
                      ],
                      }
                      ],
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "K:THROTTLE2_CUT",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG2_MAX_REV_OFF",
                      {
                      },
                      "ConditionValue": "=0",
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      "Condition": "INT:MAX_REV:2",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      {
                      },
                      },
                      {
                      },
                      "Condition": "INT:MAX_REV:2",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "INT:MAX_REV:2",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 27,
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 28,
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 29,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_CONTROL_STAND_TOGA1_SWIT CH",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "THROTTLE1_TOGA",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 30,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "K:GEAR_UP",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "GEAR_UP",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 31,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "K:GEAR_DOWN",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "GEAR_DOWN",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 32,
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 33,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_FD_SWITCH_L",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_LEFT_FD_ON",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 34,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_FD_SWITCH_L",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_LEFT_FD_OFF",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 35,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_AT_ARM_SWITCH",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_ATHR_ARM",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 36,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_AT_ARM_SWITCH",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "MCP_ATHR_OFF",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 37,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_CONTROL_STAND_PARK_BRAKE _LEV ER",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "PRK_BRAKE_OFF",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 38,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_CONTROL_STAND_PARK_BRAKE _LEV ER",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "PRK_BRAKE_ON",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 39,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG1_START _LEV ER",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG1_STRLVR_ON",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 40,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG1_START _LEV ER",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG1_STRLVR_CUTOFF",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 41,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG2_START _LEV ER",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG2_STRLVR_ON",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 42,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG2_START _LEV ER",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "ENG2_STRLVR_CUTOFF",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 43,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_TCAS_MODE",
                      "Value": "4",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "XPDR_MODE_TARA",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 44,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_TCAS_MODE",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "XPDR_MODE_STBY",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 45,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_FD_SWITCH_R",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "RIGHT_FD_ON",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 46,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_MCP_FD_SWITCH_R",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "RIGHT_FD_OFF",
                      }
                      ],
                      },
                      {
                      "ButtonNumber": 47,
                      {
                      {
                      "Variable": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_EVT_CONTROL_STAND_TOGA2_SWIT CH",
                      }
                      }
                      ],
                      "Name": "THROTTLE2_TOGA",
                      }
                      ],
                      }
                      ],
                      "LEDs": [
                      {
                      "ByteIndex": 1,
                      "BitIndex": 0,
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MCP_annunHDG_SEL,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "BitIndex": 1,
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MCP_annunVOR_LOC,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "BitIndex": 2,
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MCP_annunAPP,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "BitIndex": 3,
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MCP_annunLNAV,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "BitIndex": 4,
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MCP_annunVNAV,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "BitIndex": 5,
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MCP_annunLVL_CHG,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "BitIndex": 6,
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MCP_annunSPEED,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "BitIndex": 7,
                      "ConditionLogic": "OR",
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MCP_annunCMD_A,bool",
                      },
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MCP_annunCMD_B,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "ByteIndex": 2,
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MAIN_annunGEAR_locked:0,bool ",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MAIN_annunGEAR_transit:0,boo l",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MAIN_annunGEAR_locked:1,bool ",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MAIN_annunGEAR_transit:1,boo l",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MAIN_annunGEAR_locked:2,bool ",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_MAIN_annunGEAR_transit:2,boo l",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunFIRE_WARN:0,bool",
                      },
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunFIRE_WARN:1,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunOVHT_DET,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "ByteIndex": 3,
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunENG,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunFUEL,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunANTI_ICE,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunOVERHEAD,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunAPU,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunMASTER_CAUTION:0,b ool" ,
                      },
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunMASTER_CAUTION:1,b ool" ,
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunAIR_COND,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunHYD,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "ByteIndex": 4,
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_PED_annunParkingBrake,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunELEC,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      {
                      "Condition": "L:AS_PMDG_737NGX_WARN_annunDOORS,bool",
                      }
                      ]
                      },
                      {
                      "Conditions": []
                      }
                      ],
                      "ConfiguratorSettings": {
                      "device": "Bravo Throttle Quadrant"
                      }
                      }​

You can copy and paste these settings into your system though I do not know if there will be any discrepancies between MSFS and P3D (as this is programmed for)
                      Last edited by CoyoteLoco; 24Jan2023, 21:17.

Comment

Thank you Michel and Steve. After further testing I have determined that if I have any external lights mapped to a Honeycomb switch then I have the issue, and the mouse won't work to operate the switches, depending on which switch is on or off etc. The switches also vibrate. Anyway, I thought I had tested this previously, but apparently not. I prefer to use the mouse anyway on the overhead panel since is more realistic. The Alpha yoke light switches are set up primarily for GA aircraft. Also this only occurs with PMDG aircraft - at least today!. So it's some weird interaction between MSFS, Honeycomb hardware and PMDG. I would think this an issue for Honeycomb and PMDG to solve together. I have contacted HC support, I will check on creating a ticket for PMDG as well - if that's possible.

Brian Price
                        Last edited by brianprice6; 24Jan2023, 21:40.

Comment

Working...
                        X