Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

TAKE-OFF THRUST PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAKE-OFF THRUST PROBLEM

Good evening, I’m David and I’m new.
    One question: why when I use the 737-800 and every time I start the flight in Cold And Dark after setted up the FMC correctly, when I press TOGA the left engine and sometimes both go down and I'm forced to do a Rejected TakeOff and take off again? Always at the first Flight and TOGA, gives me this problem. On the second attempt no loss of power. Why?

David Carannante

Hi David,

At what speed does this occur?
    At 84 knots the A/T mode changes to THR HLD and the autothrottle servos release the throttles. If the throttles on your hardware provide any input it can move the thrust levers and possibly engage the RTO autobrakes.
    Somewhere there is an option under "simulation" where you can change if your hardware throttles override the A/T system. Make sure that one says "NEVER" and see if that solves your problem!
    Jasper Tillaar
    FO 737-700/800/8200

Comment

To add make sure your thrust levels are the same and not split prior to TOGA. I recommend letting N1 thrust levels settle at 40% prior to engaging TOGA.

Split thrust levels will cause A/T to disengage during TOGA.
      Last edited by Falcon99; 30Nov2022, 17:34.
      George Morris

Comment

I had similar problem where A/T was disconnecting as soon as I hit TOGA. What helped me was as mentioned above set override to never and stabilise engines close to 50 N1. When I stabilised them on 40 N1 I had same problem after hitting TOGA.
        Damian Banaszczyk

Comment

Ok, thanks a lot to both of you for the replies. Falcon99 and Jaspert0109 The problem occurs when I'm on the runway for the take off phase. Once I put the thrust to 40% and it stabilizes, I engage the toga. The engines start to increase the thrust, but everything fails me immediately… I'll try to see (as you say Falcon99 ) if the thrust levels at stabilization are different. If they are different then I put them on the same level. After that, I'll see if the problem goes away. If not, and the problem persists, I will write to you again.
          Thank you very much and good evening.

David Carannante​

Comment

David, one other thing, after you stabilize your engines and hit TO/GA, push your thrust levers up to take-off power. On the actual airplane, the thrust levers would move automatically when you hit TO/GA, but obviously not possible for this to happen in the simulator since a lot of the throttle quadrants that are out there aren't motorized.
            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave93 View Post
              Ok, thanks a lot to both of you for the replies. Falcon99 and Jaspert0109 The problem occurs when I'm on the runway for the take off phase. Once I put the thrust to 40% and it stabilizes, I engage the toga. The engines start to increase the thrust, but everything fails me immediately… I'll try to see (as you say Falcon99 ) if the thrust levels at stabilization are different. If they are different then I put them on the same level. After that, I'll see if the problem goes away. If not, and the problem persists, I will write to you again.
              Thank you very much and good evening.

David Carannante​
              One other item I just thought of that could be helpful. I have enabled the show my throttle indicators in the options page. This helps set each throttle to 40. It is important to ensure no split prior to engaging TOGA. Both indicators should be at 40%.
              George Morris

Comment

Good morning Jaspert0109 Falcon99 I had a flight last night and I must say that the problem was solved by you. I have aligned both engines as I was told. I aligned them around 42/43% (the left was around 43.80% and the right around 43.56%). Once they stabilized I pressed the TOGA. A good roar of the engines and a good rotation and we left the runway of Barcelona El Prat without any Rejected Take-off.

Thank You
                David Carannante

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave93 View Post
                  Good morning Jaspert0109 Falcon99 I had a flight last night and I must say that the problem was solved by you. I have aligned both engines as I was told. I aligned them around 42/43% (the left was around 43.80% and the right around 43.56%). Once they stabilized I pressed the TOGA. A good roar of the engines and a good rotation and we left the runway of Barcelona El Prat without any Rejected Take-off.

Thank You
                  David Carannante
                  I am glad we could assist, thanks for letting us know. Watching engine output is a core skill that is learned for multi engine operations. While my real word experience is in piston multi engine aircraft, I have never experienced a throttle quadrant that didn’t have some level of throttle position differential.

Just wait until we get to the 747.
                  George Morris

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon99 View Post

I am glad we could assist, thanks for letting us know. Watching engine output is a core skill that is learned for multi engine operations. While my real word experience is in piston multi engine aircraft, I have never experienced a throttle quadrant that didn’t have some level of throttle position differential.

Just wait until we get to the 747.
                    I hope that PMDG will be able to make a nice 787-10 Dreamliner with EFB and a very high level of detail as you can do that is comparable to reality. Quality Wings as 787 didn't blow my mind as much ☺️

Comment

Dave, hopefully some day they will tackle a 787. My comment was more towards monitoring and balancing differential thrust across four engines.
                      George Morris

Comment

Working...
                      X