Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Logo Light Not Working 736 & 738

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Logo Light Not Working 736 & 738

    Evening all. A few weeks back, the logo light stopped working on both the 600 and 800 for me. Tried different liveries with the same results. Any insight?

    Thanks,
    Ron
    Ron Kroetz

    MSFS 2020, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus ROG STRIX B550-F, Radeon RX 6650 XT, Radeon RX 5500, 32Gb DDR4 3200MHz, NZXT Kraken X63 Cooler

    #2
    Hello Ron,

    I vaguely recall something a while back that mentioned that if the Galley/Cabin Util power was off, the logo light would not work. I could be wrong about that (probably likely), but double-check to make sure your Galley/Cabin Util switch is not turned off.
    Tim Lincoln
    My YouTube Channel

    Comment


    • CoyoteLoco
      CoyoteLoco commented
      Editing a comment
      Tim, you are correct. The Cabin/Utility switch must be on for the Logo light to work.

    #3
    Thank you all. That was the exact issue. Every time I jump into one of these planes, I learn something new!
    Ron Kroetz

    MSFS 2020, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus ROG STRIX B550-F, Radeon RX 6650 XT, Radeon RX 5500, 32Gb DDR4 3200MHz, NZXT Kraken X63 Cooler

    Comment


      #4
      Originally posted by CapRon View Post
      Thank you all. That was the exact issue. Every time I jump into one of these planes, I learn something new!
      I have been testing this bird for many years and I am still learning new things. For me that’s what makes this hobby so enjoyable.

      Hence the study level simulation!
      George Morris

      Comment


        #5
        Ok, now it's my turn to be puzzled. I flew the -600 just now with the default PMDG livery and even though the Galley power was turned on, I still could not see the logo light illuminating the tail. Did I miss something else?
        Tim Lincoln
        My YouTube Channel

        Comment


          #6
          I think I figured it out. When I configure all of the other light switches in SPAD.neXt, I use the On and Off values. For the Logo light, for some reason, this does not work and I have to send a Left-Click value. Not sure why this light switch is different.
          Tim Lincoln
          My YouTube Channel

          Comment


            #7
            Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post
            I think I figured it out. When I configure all of the other light switches in SPAD.neXt, I use the On and Off values. For the Logo light, for some reason, this does not work and I have to send a Left-Click value. Not sure why this light switch is different.
            Tim, I submitted a ticket about this a while ago for P3D V4, and this was the response I got:

            "Can you confirm that your are using 0 and 2 Bytes and not 1? The 1 Byte will put the lights in the middle position which is used for pulse lights so if the plane is not equiped with pulse lights and use the 1 Byte it will put the switch in the middle but will no turn them as they are not Pulse equipped."

            It has to do with the pulse lighting options. This would be the same issue with the landing lights. The best way to set the light switches with SPAD.neXt would be to use left click and right click, so it works regardless of lighting configurations.
            Captain Kevin

            Kevin Yang

            Comment


              #8
              Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
              Tim, I submitted a ticket about this a while ago for P3D V4, and this was the response I got:

              "Can you confirm that your are using 0 and 2 Bytes and not 1? The 1 Byte will put the lights in the middle position which is used for pulse lights so if the plane is not equiped with pulse lights and use the 1 Byte it will put the switch in the middle but will no turn them as they are not Pulse equipped."

              It has to do with the pulse lighting options. This would be the same issue with the landing lights. The best way to set the light switches with SPAD.neXt would be to use left click and right click, so it works regardless of lighting configurations.


              Hmm, interesting. Is there an option for a pulsing logo light? I'll have to do some testing to see if sending 2 works. The thing that confused me is that I was clearly moving the switch in the cockpit between On and Off when using my hardware switch, but the light itself was not turning on. However, clicking on the switch in the cockpit instead of using my hardware switch turned the light on without any issues.
              Tim Lincoln
              My YouTube Channel

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post
                ​Hmm, interesting. Is there an option for a pulsing logo light? I'll have to do some testing to see if sending 2 works. The thing that confused me is that I was clearly moving the switch in the cockpit between On and Off when using my hardware switch, but the light itself was not turning on. However, clicking on the switch in the cockpit instead of using my hardware switch turned the light on without any issues.
                I assume the logo light option is buried in the equipment list in the FMC. As far as the switch being moved, I had the same issue in P3D prior to submitting the support ticket. I just use left click and right click rather than mess with the on and off settings to avoid over-complicating things. I did also upload a configuration for the Logitech switch panel for the 737, 747, and 777, so if the variables are the same for both P3D and MSFS, you could just search for it via SPAD.neXt.
                Captain Kevin

                Kevin Yang

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post


                  Hmm, interesting. Is there an option for a pulsing logo light? I'll have to do some testing to see if sending 2 works. The thing that confused me is that I was clearly moving the switch in the cockpit between On and Off when using my hardware switch, but the light itself was not turning on. However, clicking on the switch in the cockpit instead of using my hardware switch turned the light on without any issues.
                  Linked to the landing light option selection. If you select a pulsed landing light then you automatically get a pulsed logo light.
                  Dan Downs KCRP
                  i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Just coming back to confirm that it appears that sending either a single left click or a 2 will successfully turn on the light, and sending a single right click or a 0 will successfully turn off the light. Thanks for the tip, Kevin.

                    I have yet to use any aircraft with the pulsing lights, so I guess I will have to figure that out at some later point.
                    Tim Lincoln
                    My YouTube Channel

                    Comment


                      #12
                      Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post
                      Just coming back to confirm that it appears that sending either a single left click or a 2 will successfully turn on the light, and sending a single right click or a 0 will successfully turn off the light. Thanks for the tip, Kevin.

                      I have yet to use any aircraft with the pulsing lights, so I guess I will have to figure that out at some later point.
                      I would very strongly suggest just using a single left click and a single right click, don't bother with the 0s and 2s. That way, you aren't over-complicating it if you do end up with an airplane that has the pulsing lights since the single left click and single right click will work independent of the choice of lights.
                      Captain Kevin

                      Kevin Yang

                      Comment


                      • Want2BFlyin
                        Want2BFlyin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What I meant by figuring out the pulsing lights is how I am going to turn a two-position switch on my hardware into a three-position switch for the pulsing lights.

                      #13
                      Want2BFlyin is your two-position switch a single pole switch; i.e., it's a simple on off? If so then I'm not sure there is a way to do that.

                      I keep it simple. I use a keyboard for things that don't fit on my controllers. For example, I use L for landing lights. Shift+L is switch move up, Ctrl+L switch moves down. So when I have pulsed landing lights the command to turn them on pulse is Ctrl+L, or to make them steady two key presses. To go from steady on to pulse is a Shift+L. Simple and it's something I can remember.
                      Last edited by DDowns; 22Jan2023, 20:33.
                      Dan Downs KCRP
                      i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

                      Comment


                        #14
                        Originally posted by DDowns View Post
                        Want2BFlyin is your two-position switch a single pole switch; i.e., it's a simple on off? If so then I'm not sure there is a way to do that.

                        I keep it simple. I use a keyboard for things that don't fit on my controllers. For example, I use L for landing lights. Shift+L is switch move up, Ctrl+L switch moves down. So when I have pulsed landing lights the command to turn them on pulse is Ctrl+L, or to make them steady two key presses. To go from steady on to pulse is a Shift+L. Simple and it's something I can remember.
                        Yes, it is indeed a simple on/off switch. I do have a couple of buttons available because I couldn't immediately think of anything to assign to those buttons. I may try to set up something with some logic where I can flip the switch on to turn on the lights, either pulsing or steady, and then apply some logic where if the switch is on pressing the button will toggle between pulsing and steady.
                        Tim Lincoln
                        My YouTube Channel

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X