Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Auto throttle issue after last update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto throttle issue after last update

Hello,

After updating to version 30.0.44, Im having issues with the auto throttles engaged in MCP SPD or FMC SPD. If speed drops just a knot or two less than the commanded speed, the auto throttle increases N1 to between 75 and 80. There is then a rapid acceleration to approximately 20 knots above the magenta bug on the speed tape. Thrust then decreases to idle and speed decreases towards commanded speed. This will repeat it self again should the actual speed drop below the magenta bug by any amount. I did not have this issue prior to the latest update. Flown three flights with the update, and all three flights had the same issue.

Dean Cole

I do not know if it is a failure. But if it is, I have the same error. Since the last update, it is no longer possible for my aircraft to maintain the desired speed.

I set 248ktn, the plane throttles down to 246 and then gives full thrust. Something 20ktn above the set 248ktn.

Speed drops again, aircraft accelerates again. This happens infinitely often

Sven Telljohann

Comment

Had this exact issue tonight on flight SLC-SEA ..only happened during decent and approach phases. occurs using both vnav and selected speed.
      Last edited by psimmons4; 03Nov2022, 10:21.
      Philip Simmons

Comment

Are you using FSRealistic? During testing I found that it can cause some pretty serious issues as it changes the MSFS atmosphere. Removed it and it worked perfectly again.

Comment

• psimmons4
          psimmons4 commented
          Editing a comment
          excellent point, thanks for the insight. I am using FSRealistic. Never had an issue before but will defintely test tomorrow.

Phil

• BaxterChico
          BaxterChico commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't have FSrealistic on. And I have encountered this problem.
          Last edited by BaxterChico; 03Nov2022, 10:37.

• phatcat213
          phatcat213 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank You for the post. I just turned it off for PMDG flights and now tings work great. I was on a 4 hour flight and two thirds of way through things went crazy and i couldn't find a solution. Now I have one. Thank you again this worked like a charm.

Hi

I'd like to report AT issues too. No FSR installed.

I did a test flight just now and found out (so far) that:

1. During climbing using FLCH and maintian 250 knot (3500ish fpm VS) then switch to VS and reduce to 1500 fpm VS, throttle stayed until IAS reach 260+ knots then started to move back.
        2. Upon reach target altitude using VS mode, once vertical mode chaged from VS to ALT ACQ, the throttle roughly moved forward and then back.
        3. During approach with AP on, the AT was unable to maintain selected IAS (always 10+ knots away from selected IAS) and kept moving foward and back.
        Bai Jian

Comment

• Crabby
          Crabby commented
          Editing a comment
          1. without knowing your speed settings on the MCP this means nothing. 260+ knots is not a setting. If you are in anything other than VNAV you have to manage the speed/mach number in the window.
          2. If you were climbing at a speed lower than the calculated climb speed (for example 0.75M and calculated cruise is 0.79) then this be normal as the airplane wants to capture the correct speed, then engines slow to maintain.
          3. Wind will cause this to occur in the sim and in real life.

Need more info and a video would be best.

I have made a video where you can see the problem quite well.

Here it is not an external tool, what accesses the A/T. This happens with and without FS Realistic.
        Also Pro-ATC has nothing to do with the inputs. I could exclude this in a total of 4 test flights.

I hope that this problem can be solved quickly.​ https://youtu.be/OnuTgvHr0VY
        Sven Telljohann

Comment

Hi everybody!

Reporting the same issue.... Happened twice (made 2 flights), and it happens during Descend... when speed restrictions of 240kts is in place.

Warm regards,

Rafael A. Reca
          Buenos Aires, Argentina
          Rafael A. Reca
          Buenos Aires, Argentina

Comment

I have experienced this same issue. Level at 4000, MCP speed set to 180, flaps 5. Aircraft decelerates to about 175, auto-throttle advances to approx. 80% N1, aircraft accelerates to approx 210, auto-throttle reduces to idle, airspeed drops to about 175, auto-throttle advances to approx. 80% N1 ... ad infinitum. (stock sim).
            Last edited by PositiveZero; 03Nov2022, 15:15.
            Charles Vomacka

Comment

I have the exact same problem!! (Stock sim)

Comment

By coincidence, anybody is using AIGround and AIFlow as well? Those 2 programs are available at Flightsim.to and manages AI Traffic via SimConnect....

Thank you!

Rafael A. Reca
                Rafael A. Reca
                Buenos Aires, Argentina

Comment

Hi All,

I have the same issue.

Happy Landings!
                  KR, Ehmjo

Comment

And I will confirm I have the same issue. No other add-ons, no FSR, no AI, just me. It happened on descent as I was slowing to meet a 250 kt speed restriction going in to KIAD on the CAVLR STAR. Live weather, but only modest crosswind. LNAV/VNAV guidance on AP. I'm running SU 10.
                    John Wiesenfeld - KPBI
                    PPL/IFR, VATSIM C1 (ZNY)

Comment

Had the same problem as well..
                      Michel Jobe - ATCO ret. - EBBR

Comment

I had the same issue performing a flight from KBUR to KSJC today.
                        I am NOT using any addons--just the stock simulator with its live weather.

The auto throttle was erratic and especially on descent when there was a 250 knot restriction, N1 went to 90%. I shut off the auto throttle and tried to manage the speed manually. A few moments later, I turned on the AT and it went ballistic. Even when I set the speed in the MCP to 250 knots, it didn't respond.

Yes, I did a reset of the AT, the Flight Directors and the autopilot, but none of that helped.

The rest of the flight was performed manually and I did manage to perform a safe landing at KSJC.

On another note....not a PMDG issue but an ASOBO issue...
                        Before my flight, I check the weather using Aviation Center Weather website to check the winds aloft and turbulence. The winds were coming from the north about 320 degrees around 90 knots.
                        I use Simbrief for my flight plan and when I expanded the route chart to look at the winds, it agreed 100% with the aviation forecast.
                        When I passed the COREZ waypoint, the wind did a violent shift to 270 degrees within milliseconds. My aircraft did a violent roll to the right and all hell broke loose. All the bells and whistles went off and I took manual control. Mind you, there were no winds coming from 270 degrees at FL360.

I ran into this behavior during the FSX days before Active Sky came into play.

All I can say is that I am mentally exhausted from this flight. There was so much going on and with no co-pilot to help I need to take a long break. 😁

Bob Fresco

Comment

I can confirm same A/T issue with two separate flights. The good news is I have had good opportunity to practice missed approach procedures.
                          Dustin Moss

Comment

BTW, our friend Emi is currently on YT demonstrating the new update and he has repeatedly run into the same AT problem on descent as has been reported here. He said he would report it to the PMDG team.

Cheers.
                            John Wiesenfeld - KPBI
                            PPL/IFR, VATSIM C1 (ZNY)

Comment

Flaps 40, Vref 144, Autoland FAIL OP....AT held consistently around 154, could not slow it down even with speedbrake, that just trigger more power. No add-ons, 737-800 PAX. The only time I saw AT improvement was holding 250 on climbout, it was worse than the previous version in all other regimes.
                              Mike Murphy
                              Commercial, Instrument, Rotorcraft-Helicopter

Comment

Do you guys report this via ticket? The devs are not always monitoring the forums.
                                Klaus Schmitzer

Comment

There is no need for ticket we are aware and under investigation
                                  Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                  PMDG Technical Support
                                  http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

I did a flight this morning from Huntington, WV, to Charlotte, NC, using the FMS. The autothrust did not disengage when I turned off the autopilot near the Charlotte airport. I've flown this flight dozens of times under these exact conditions and FMS plan. I don't know whether it's the PMDG update or my SU11 beta. But something is different. I did notice, however, that the bobbing up and down of the 737 was better. It's still present and annoying, but there's definite improvement.
                                    David Mills
                                    Huntington, WV

Comment

• Aeromar
                                      Aeromar commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      The autothrottle is not supposed to disengage when you disengage the autopilot. You have to disengage it yourself. Make sure you have an controller assignment for that and, just like when disengaging the autopilot, the first click does the job and the second click shuts it up.

I can report the same problem and no FSRealistic. On decent and speed continually went up and down on AT. Never happened with previous updates.
                                    Rudy Fattal

Comment

Have the same issue
                                      ADSMarinho

Comment

Add me to the list, first flight, AT bugged.
                                        Sergio Naiberg

Comment

Same issue here in descent yesterday. And as i flew a second route without loading a new flight, the issue persists for the whole flight, from climb to descent.
                                          Regards from EDKF,
                                          Markus Hardt

Comment

same issue here, plus unable to respect altitude constraint, and during approach with a medium cross wind plane goes left to right strongly, never saw that plane fly like an AS plane since i flew it
                                            Frédéric Giraud

Comment

Same issue with me and FSR turned off.
                                              Dan Schneider
                                              ATP B737 CL-65

Comment

yepp same here.... will we have to wait 18 days for an update or it could come sooner as a hotfix ?

Cheers
                                                Miguel de Gonzalo

Comment

Autothrottle messed up here as well, hope to get hotfix soon, aircraft is unflyable with AP on approach..
                                                  Teofilo Homsany

Comment

HotFix required!!!

Back to Fenix i guess ....

Comment

• Boeing 25-01
                                                      Boeing 25-01 commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      Crabby same for me. Parking the NG in the hangar until they get these issues sorted out. I want to enjoy my sim, so I will fly an aircraft that more correctly simulates the model.

• Crabby
                                                      Crabby commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      That's just terrible. I sure hope PMDG learn their lesson.

• Boeing 25-01
                                                      Boeing 25-01 commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      From Crabbys mouth to their ears...

Hotfixxxxxx
                                                    Miguel de Gonzalo

Comment

• Crabby
                                                      Crabby commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      The correct term is Hotchixxxxxx.
                                                  Working...
                                                  X