Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Constant crash to desktop issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant crash to desktop issue

Hi, I have been getting a CTD issue with the PMDG 737 for a few weeks now. Around 10-20 minutes into the flight it crashes with this error:

I have updated my drivers, I have cleared my community folder, I have tried everything at this point but to no avail.

My specs are:
    GTX 980 6GB
    RYZEN 5 3400G
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    2 TB free hard drive (msfs installed on)

Any help would be great.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Rob Parks

I've tried 9 flights today. Every single one has crashed.
    Rob Parks

Comment

I am in the same boat. I have been trying a KORD-KEWR flight for weeks now and between 1 hour and 1:30 minutes CTD. Every time. All drivers, MSFS 2020, and PMDG Ops center have been updated. No error message here. The sim just disappears
      Ryzen 9 5900
      AMD Raedon RX 6800XT 16GB
      32GB RAM
      Win 11.
      Is there a crash log file that I could send to PMDG? For now I'm going back to Xplane 11 where I can complete my flights without any issue.

Jim Keil

Comment

Nameless-

Lets start at the beginning and see if we cannot get you squared away.

First a couple of housekeeping details:

1) Please create a forum signature so that you don't keep forgetting to sign your posts. Our policy is to kill unsigned posts and I'd hate to do that to you while you are trying to get help.

2) Please give us a list of EVERYTHING else in your /community directory.

3) Please give us a list of ANY public mods you might have downloaded or installed for your 737. (Anything- including liveries!)

Given how many users are out there flying around in the 737- I strongly suspect we are going to find something unusual to your setup is causing the CTD. The good news is that such things are quite easy to self-help resolve once we put our finger on it.

Robert S. Randazzo
        PMDG Simulations
        http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
          Nameless-

Lets start at the beginning and see if we cannot get you squared away.

First a couple of housekeeping details:

1) Please create a forum signature so that you don't keep forgetting to sign your posts. Our policy is to kill unsigned posts and I'd hate to do that to you while you are trying to get help.

2) Please give us a list of EVERYTHING else in your /community directory.

3) Please give us a list of ANY public mods you might have downloaded or installed for your 737. (Anything- including liveries!)

Given how many users are out there flying around in the 737- I strongly suspect we are going to find something unusual to your setup is causing the CTD. The good news is that such things are quite easy to self-help resolve once we put our finger on it.
          Hi, Given the fact I've come across 3 forum posts on various websites with over 300 replies all with the same issue. I doubt it is something in my end. I have no addon or extra liveries, I have nothing in my community folder. Still crashes. It's a confusing issue for sure. Are there any other logs or things I can send you to help troubleshoot? A qoute from another forum where many people were having the issue states: "As pointed elsewhere, a Memory read error referencing all 0’s or all F’s indicate that the Application has attempted to read from a non existent memory address. This is a fault with FS2020’s memory handling. Perhaps some Dev can grab the instruction references and attempt to understand what is doing on?"

From what I understand It may be a MSFS issue but why is it only happening with the PMDG.
          Last edited by robbietp111; 23Jul2022, 20:10.
          Rob Parks

Comment

10th attempt today at doing a flight with the PMDG 737 and once again it crashes with this. Each time I have tried a new solution and nothing has worked. I give up.
            Rob Parks

Comment

Further - I would also like to reference this post with over 900 people who have the same issue.... this is not a small problem, I'm curious to know why its getting so little attention.
              :wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it. Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No Brief descr…
              Rob Parks

Comment

Rob-

I gave you an offer to help and it was rebuffed with vigor.

If you won't work with the person offering to help you- then you are sort of on your own again.

Robert S. Randazzo
                PMDG Simulations

Comment

• qbowman
                  qbowman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rob Randazzo (not to be confused with Rob the original poster),

I've got a similar issue, having the same type of memory error. So, I'll take you up on your offer even if the original poster won't. Firstly, all drivers/mods etc. are up to date. Second, community folder has the following contents. I've left out the separate CVT folders where redundant with the primary.

AIG AIManager (was not running)
                  AIG_Checker
                  aig-aitraffic-oci-beta (none of the aig traffic mods were running)
                  AIGTech Traffic Controller
                  aircraft-bombardier_crj_700
                  aircraft-tbm930-improvement
                  airportfinder
                  ambitiouspilots-toolbar-pushback
                  a-puf-we-love-vfr-region 2
                  all the asobo planes and content from the Premium Deluxe Edition
                  B78XH
                  bern (airport scenery)
                  Canadian-Mods-bombardier_crj-700 v0.2
                  dcdesigns-aircraft-concorde
                  deejing-aircraft-rv7
                  destroyer121-c17
                  dhc8_q400
                  egss (airport scenery)
                  flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo
                  FSUIPC
                  gaist-msfs-V2
                  gatwick
                  geneva
                  headwind-a330neo
                  Hippo Simulations, KSEA Enhancement Pack - No Static Aircraft
                  ither-NoHandleBar
                  jplogistics-c152
                  kpae
                  krnt
                  kykm
                  lausanne
                  lucerne
                  MSFS CelNav v2.22
                  navigraph-ingamepanels-charts
                  navigraph-navdata
                  panc
                  pmdg-aircraft-737 (obviously, but trying to be complete)
                  pms50-gns530
                  salty-747
                  senecadriver-los-angeles
                  sion
                  workingtitle-aircraft-cj4
                  workingtitle-g3000
                  workingtitle-gx
                  z-conanza-g36-improvement-project
                  zermatt

Also, since I own the steam version and bought some content that way, I have your DC-6 and some Paderborn scenery in the "Official" package folder, separate from community. I think that's because I picked them up through the marketplace.

Third, I have no public mods for your 737.

Finally, I was flying on VATSIM for one flight, so vPilot was running in the background.

Any thoughts on conflicts?

Quinten Bowman

Rob-

I gave you an offer to help and it was rebuffed with vigor.

If you won't work with the person offering to help you- then you are sort of on your own again.

Not sure how you figure that is? I've done nothing but put reference to other people with the same issue, provide information I could and I'm being accused of "vigor" I honestly have no idea where you are getting that from in my posts.
                Rob Parks

Comment

Anyway, Regardless of however or whoever have been offended from my previous posts. I've traced the issue to a realtek audio driver thats apparently causing the PMDG to crash. I have removed the driver and changed it for a windows alternate and its still crashing the same so I believe its something else masking itself as realtek issues.
                  Rob Parks

Comment

Hi for PMDG to help with only your system include as much information as possible about your system. Hardware settings addons settings in MSFS everything you can think of. If it is possible to put that in a pdf or something that can be shared so they can help.
                    Dean Salman

Comment

Originally posted by dsalman1 View Post
                      Hi for PMDG to help with only your system include as much information as possible about your system. Hardware settings addons settings in MSFS everything you can think of. If it is possible to put that in a pdf or something that can be shared so they can help.
                      Hello,
                      I think everything Above summed it up.
                      No other addons just PMDG
                      my pc specs are on the very first post.
                      I dont think theres anything else I can send that would be relevant for now.
                      Rob Parks

Comment

• dsalman1
                        dsalman1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sounds really odd. Windows use to have something that tracks errors and points to a source like a Exe or DLl when a crash occurred. I guess you tried to do a reinstall of the 737 and did you run setup as admin. Not sure if you got it from Market Place or direct from PMDG. I assume any of the 737 are CTD such as the default house version.
                        Last edited by dsalman1; 24Jul2022, 02:06.

Originally posted by robbietp111 View Post
                      Further - I would also like to reference this post with over 900 people who have the same issue.... this is not a small problem, I'm curious to know why its getting so little attention.
                      I don't think this thread that you linked furthers your argument as much as you think it does. This particular thread was started almost a month before the PMDG 737 for MSFS was released, so the original issue that was reported could not have been related to the PMDG 737. There are also several posts on there where people say they are experiencing the issue in other aircraft, but not the PMDG 737 (or in some cases, they aren't even flying at all, but are simply in the main MSFS menu). You are certainly experiencing an issue of some sort, and you may only see this issue when you are using the PMDG 737, but if the issue that you are having is indeed the same issue that is being discussed in that thread that you linked, I don't think it is caused by the PMDG 737. It could be caused by the PMDG 737, but the thread that you linked does not convince me of that.
                      Tim Lincoln
                      My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post

I don't think this thread that you linked furthers your argument as much as you think it does. This particular thread was started almost a month before the PMDG 737 for MSFS was released, so the original issue that was reported could not have been related to the PMDG 737. There are also several posts on there where people say they are experiencing the issue in other aircraft, but not the PMDG 737 (or in some cases, they aren't even flying at all, but are simply in the main MSFS menu). You are certainly experiencing an issue of some sort, and you may only see this issue when you are using the PMDG 737, but if the issue that you are having is indeed the same issue that is being discussed in that thread that you linked, I don't think it is caused by the PMDG 737. It could be caused by the PMDG 737, but the thread that you linked does not convince me of that.
                        I don’t understand what your trying to achieve there? There is a solid bunch of people in there in the last month or so who have experienced the issue identical to mine. I attached the article for reference and explained how I was disappointed it wasn’t getting as much attention as needed from MSFS development team….. I didn’t claim that the people in there were all having the issue with just the PMDG. I’m not sure why everyone is being so argumentative and trying to make an argument from me asking why MSFS weren’t paying enough attention to the issue.
                        Rob Parks

Comment

I don’t understand what your trying to achieve there? There is a solid bunch of people in there in the last month or so who have experienced the issue identical to mine. I attached the article for reference and explained how I was disappointed it wasn’t getting as much attention as needed from MSFS development team….. I didn’t claim that the people in there were all having the issue with just the PMDG. I’m not sure why everyone is being so argumentative and trying to make an argument from me asking why MSFS weren’t paying enough attention to the issue.

The point being made is that the problem you are describing appears to not be an issue with the B737, but with the simulator in general. So, if that is the case,which it certainly seems to be, then you are asking PMDG to fix an Asobo problem - which, of course, they cannot do. I think you may be barking up the wrong tree here.
                          Greg N.
                          Avionics Systems Software Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Schmegg View Post

The point being made is that the problem you are describing appears to not be an issue with the B737, but with the simulator in general. So, if that is the case,which it certainly seems to be, then you are asking PMDG to fix an Asobo problem - which, of course, they cannot do. I think you may be barking up the wrong tree here.
                            Well it’s not entirely obvious that it’s not something to do with PMDG, it’s an issue that a solid bunch of people are having only when using the PMDG. As a result, it’s been posted here by me to see if anyone has similar experience and if so, are willing to help trouble shoot.

Rob Parks

Comment

Hi, Given the fact I've come across 3 forum posts on various websites with over 300 replies all with the same issue. I doubt it is something in my end. I have no addon or extra liveries, I have nothing in my community folder. Still crashes. It's a confusing issue for sure. Are there any other logs or things I can send you to help troubleshoot? A qoute from another forum where many people were having the issue states: "As pointed elsewhere, a Memory read error referencing all 0’s or all F’s indicate that the Application has attempted to read from a non existent memory address. This is a fault with FS2020’s memory handling. Perhaps some Dev can grab the instruction references and attempt to understand what is doing on?"

From what I understand It may be a MSFS issue but why is it only happening with the PMDG.
                              I Had that same issue until I read somewhere that having a render scale too high or LOD too high or the wrong combination of both can cause this.... Lowering those settings helped me so far to get rid of the Memory cannot be read issue......You can try it as well....

Comment

Originally posted by ptysimmer View Post

I Had that same issue until I read somewhere that having a render scale too high or LOD too high or the wrong combination of both can cause this.... Lowering those settings helped me so far to get rid of the Memory cannot be read issue......You can try it as well....
                                Thank you very much! I’ll certainly give that a try
                                Rob Parks

Comment

Rob-

Okay- seems we are getting off on the wrong foot. Lets try again?

My "rebuff" comment was in reaction to your post in which you said "I am curious why it is getting so little attention." It appeared to me as you were suggesting that a well known CTD that existed long before PMDG entered the MSFS platform was somehow to be attributed PMDG just because a bunch of people were seeing it. You mention later that you intended this comment in reference to Asobo/MS- which does change the tone quite significantly, at least as far as PMDG is concerned.

Lets chalk it up to frustration and go back to the beginning:

I've been supporting PMDG products for 25 years as of next month, and I've developed a pretty good eye for "things that are caused by PMDG" and "things that are caused by non PMDG sources, but get incorrectly blamed on PMDG because a large number of PMDG users happen to see them" and "Things that have absolutely nothing to do with PMDG at all."

Honestly, we don't care which category you fall into- if you come here and ask for help we are going to try and help you because you are a PMDG customer and we want you off enjoying our products and not getting sapped of fun by CTDs. But in order for you to find our help useful- you gotta trust that we know what we are doing and what we are looking for.

In the interest of truth and transparency: We have indeed released products and updates that have embedded problems during the past two+ decades of our software development- and when something inside our product is creating trouble- our support team starts ringing bells to the development team because it fills the support desk and the forum REALLY rapidly. We have an absolutely enormous customer base, so the signal-to-noise ratio for actual problems caused by us becomes really obvious really quickly.

The next tier down are the problems caused outside of PMDG, but blamed on PMDG because we have a large customer base. These are harder to put a finger on- and they are the problems our support team winds up spending the most time on because of their commonality. The way we normally crack these is to collect data from customers on what they have installed, and then we walk them through removal of various mods and other items we know from experience can monkey with the sim in bad ways. Hence my request to you in my original reply.

Now- I must be candid and tell you that in about 95% of the cases where someone says "the only thing I have installed is the 737" we find this isn't the case. Normally people don't consider the potential impact of scenery, or navigation addons, sound modifers, liveries, mod packages downloaded from flightsim.to, etc. We had a fellow recently tell us the only package he has installed is the PMDG 737 and when we got to working with him we found about 1.5TB of stuff... So naturally we tend to be pretty skeptical when someone says "no, just the 737!"

I would be interested to learn more about your realtek experience, since I too have a bunch of realtek drivers. Can you give us a clearer idea what you had installed when it CTD'd, and what you did with it after the fact- as well as what causes you to suspect that corner of things?

Best possible outcome is if I can replicate your experience on an in-house test rig... Then I can give data dumps on it to Asobo. We have found a few items that they have addressed in this manner.
                                  Robert S. Randazzo
                                  PMDG Simulations

Comment

Rob-

Okay- seems we are getting off on the wrong foot. Lets try again?

My "rebuff" comment was in reaction to your post in which you said "I am curious why it is getting so little attention." It appeared to me as you were suggesting that a well known CTD that existed long before PMDG entered the MSFS platform was somehow to be attributed PMDG just because a bunch of people were seeing it. You mention later that you intended this comment in reference to Asobo/MS- which does change the tone quite significantly, at least as far as PMDG is concerned.

Lets chalk it up to frustration and go back to the beginning:

I've been supporting PMDG products for 25 years as of next month, and I've developed a pretty good eye for "things that are caused by PMDG" and "things that are caused by non PMDG sources, but get incorrectly blamed on PMDG because a large number of PMDG users happen to see them" and "Things that have absolutely nothing to do with PMDG at all."

Honestly, we don't care which category you fall into- if you come here and ask for help we are going to try and help you because you are a PMDG customer and we want you off enjoying our products and not getting sapped of fun by CTDs. But in order for you to find our help useful- you gotta trust that we know what we are doing and what we are looking for.

In the interest of truth and transparency: We have indeed released products and updates that have embedded problems during the past two+ decades of our software development- and when something inside our product is creating trouble- our support team starts ringing bells to the development team because it fills the support desk and the forum REALLY rapidly. We have an absolutely enormous customer base, so the signal-to-noise ratio for actual problems caused by us becomes really obvious really quickly.

The next tier down are the problems caused outside of PMDG, but blamed on PMDG because we have a large customer base. These are harder to put a finger on- and they are the problems our support team winds up spending the most time on because of their commonality. The way we normally crack these is to collect data from customers on what they have installed, and then we walk them through removal of various mods and other items we know from experience can monkey with the sim in bad ways. Hence my request to you in my original reply.

Now- I must be candid and tell you that in about 95% of the cases where someone says "the only thing I have installed is the 737" we find this isn't the case. Normally people don't consider the potential impact of scenery, or navigation addons, sound modifers, liveries, mod packages downloaded from flightsim.to, etc. We had a fellow recently tell us the only package he has installed is the PMDG 737 and when we got to working with him we found about 1.5TB of stuff... So naturally we tend to be pretty skeptical when someone says "no, just the 737!"

I would be interested to learn more about your realtek experience, since I too have a bunch of realtek drivers. Can you give us a clearer idea what you had installed when it CTD'd, and what you did with it after the fact- as well as what causes you to suspect that corner of things?

Best possible outcome is if I can replicate your experience on an in-house test rig... Then I can give data dumps on it to Asobo. We have found a few items that they have addressed in this manner.
                                    Thanks for the reply, I do agree that what happened above was a mis communication. I do understand what you have said in your post.

I’ve had the CTD so frequently that at this point I have indeed removed absolutely everything possible. To the point I have even uninstalled navigraph simlink, all liveries, all sceneries and any other addons (into a separate folder away from msfs for the time being) since the I have tried around 9 flights, all ending in a CTD.

So I got a program that can read the crash dumps on suggestion from a helpful man in the non official PMDG discord, this is what pointed me In the direction of a Realtek audio driver issues I will attach a photo of this below.

I have updated the driver, I have then disabled the Realtek driver and tried using a windows driver all to no avail, it still crashes to desktop. It’s an incredibly confusing issue.

hopefully the photo will be of help in trouble shooting or replicating the issue.

Attached Files
                                    Rob Parks

Comment

Issue seems to be getting progressively worse somehow, Struggling to make it over 15 mins into a flight now. Sometimes crashes at 5 mins sometimes after 15. One thing I have noticed and it may be completely unrelated is that it always seems to crash shortly after I put in the approach and runway im landing on. Probably unrelated.
                                      Rob Parks

Comment

Rob are you doing any overclocking or changes in motherboard settings? Are you seeing any issues with any other resource intensive software?
                                        George Morris

Comment

Rob-

Quick way to rule out the approach/arrival: Leave them out.

The fact that you report it is getting worse points me in the direction of hardware. With hardware, the goal is to be methodical in the approach to trouble shooting or you'll go in circles endlessly.

If I were facing your issue- here are the steps i'd take:

1) Disable on-board audio and uninstall the driver. Retest.
                                          2) Re-enable on-board audio and install latest realtek driver. Retest.
                                          3) If the machine is air cooled: Get a good compressor and blow out all the dust. Then use a vacuum to clean up as much as you can. Retest.
                                          2) If the machine is more than a year old: Pull your processor heat-sink. Thoroughly clean off any paste and add in fresh paste. Retest.
                                          3) Pull 16GB of memory out and retest. Retest.
                                          4) If the problem persists, swap the 16GB in the machine with the 16GB you pulled. Retest.

You are in for an afternoon of it unfortunately- but if none of those things cure the issue- then I would suggest uninstalling/reinstalling MSFS and the 737 and trying again in hopes that *something* corrupted the MSFS sound process and replacing it will cause the problem to go away.

You might even want to start with that reinstall. It is time consuming but least-invasive...

Keep us posted. We will get you through this- and whatever we learn will invariably help others!

**Edited note on thermal paste: My dev box here was about a year old and I started having all manner of odd problems late in the 737 dev cycle. FPS would plummet. Sim would CTD. Sim would lock up. I chased software problems down rabbit holes for two weeks, then one of the devs said "replace the paste on your heat sink."

I checked temps and they SEEMED okay... but replaced the paste and <<POOF>> problem solved.

Hardware can be funny when it comes to heat.

Robert S. Randazzo
                                          PMDG Simulations

Comment

I have the same error frequently, with and without the 737 installed. It's a sim problem, not the 737. But I have no idea what it yould be honestly.
                                            Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
                                            Marc Eland
                                            GFO Beta

Comment

Rob-

The fact that you report it is getting worse points me in the direction of hardware. With hardware, the goal is to be methodical in the approach to trouble shooting or you'll go in circles endlessly.

3) If the machine is air cooled: Get a good compressor and blow out all the dust. Then use a vacuum to clean up as much as you can. Retest.
                                              2) If the machine is more than a year old: Pull your processor heat-sink. Thoroughly clean off any paste and add in fresh paste. Retest.
                                              4) If the problem persists, swap the 16GB in the machine with the 16GB you pulled. Retest.

You are in for an afternoon of it unfortunately- but if none of those things cure the issue- then I would suggest uninstalling/reinstalling MSFS and the 737 and trying again in hopes that *something* corrupted the MSFS sound process and replacing it will cause the problem to go away.

You might even want to start with that reinstall. It is time consuming but least-invasive...

Keep us posted. We will get you through this- and whatever we learn will invariably help others!

**Edited note on thermal paste: My dev box here was about a year old and I started having all manner of odd problems late in the 737 dev cycle. FPS would plummet. Sim would CTD. Sim would lock up. I chased software problems down rabbit holes for two weeks, then one of the devs said "replace the paste on your heat sink."

I checked temps and they SEEMED okay... but replaced the paste and <<POOF>> problem solved.

Hi,
                                              thanks for the advice. I have actually completed the majority of these steps already. I have ruled out the approach theory. I have since last night done the above will the Realtek drivers. They can’t be disabled completely as then I would have no sound so I have changed them to windows drivers which didn’t work. I then updated them again and tried but to no avail. My Pc has only been together a number of weeks so I don’t think thermal paste is a problem unfortunately.

I will have to try a complete re install I guess. It may be worth trying to re install the 737 before doing a complete reinstall of MSFS just for the sake of it.

I will keep you posted and see if a re install fixes the issues.

Thanks
                                              Rob Parks

Comment

Rob-

Hello! I hope you are well.

I have the same issue, except it does not get worse. It tends to happen roughly about 30-40 minutes after spawning in. Sometimes on the ground (usually right before pushback) or right after takeoff when im about to reach cruising altitude. It is kind of random.

I have tried removing all the mods, retrying, reinstalling pmdg, even reinstalling msfs, and then checking it all. Nothing fixed it. Even tried playing it with no mods, except PMDG 737, no sceneries, no liveries, no other aircrafts but it still crashed.

Onw other thing, I looked up the eventID stuff that I could find in my eventviewer, and someone online suggested it could be fixed by underclocking my PC. Doing so also did nothing.

I have attached below the eventID error that I could grab.
                                                image.png
                                                image.png
                                                Pretish Bhuvana - Flight simmer

Comment

Is there any progress on the subject?

The error became more frequent and I became unable to fly. 3/4 hour later freezing and shutting down

Comment

For those of you having CTD issues, I would strongly suggest three steps: first, get some hardware monitoring apps and run them in the background while the sim is running so you can keep an eye on your CPU and GPU temps, your motherboard temps, and your cooling system fan/pump speeds, as well as GPU power draw, CPU power draw, CPU voltages, and a slew of other things. Be sure your issues are absolutely not heat- or power-related. If you use something like HW64iNFO or MSI Afterburner, you can log those values and look at the highs/lows and averages to be sure you don’t have a marginal component or barely-adequate cooling that may be allowing part of your system to get hotter than you realize, or if power draw is spiking.

Second, after a sim CTD, open Windows Event Viewer and look for any errors or warnings that occurred in your system in the minutes or seconds prior to the sim crash. This can help see if there is another piece of software going pear-shaped and inadvertently taking the sim down with it, or a hardware/driver issue that you may not have noticed. USB devices throwing errors are a common source of sim crashes.

Finally, and I base this one on personal experience, if you have any Nahimic drivers. processes or services running on your PC, uninstall it immediately, reboot your PC and then check to be sure you got it all. This is enhanced audio driver software that is often installed alongside motherboard drivers that use Realtek sound chips. After some deep digging into posts on other game forums from a couple years ago that tied obscure crashes to that software, I dug it out by the roots from my new PC last November and my sim became perfectly stable.
                                                    Herb Schaltegger - Father, husband, lawyer, engineer & getting too old for this $#!t. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball!TM.

Comment

I would agree with DrVenkman above. I never run any sim without HWInfo64 and Task manager both running on my second screen. If you only have 1 screen then HWInfo with logging would be sufficient for routing out hardware issues or evidence of resource hogging. This method has helped me greatly in my siming as it raises red flags when things aren't going right and may even allow me to take actions to save flights especially when doing a VA flight. There are things you can do during a flight if you see things going awry early enough that may also help you troubleshoot or pinpoint the culprit for later action.
                                                      Jason Stanley
                                                      "Just Another Sim Pilot" 😉
                                                      System: Lian Li O11 Dynamic, MSI X570 Tomahawk WiFi, Ryzen 9 5950X, ASUS TUF RTX 3080, 32GB G. Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600Mhz, Corsair RM850X PSU.

Comment

I made 4 flights today without any problems… I found that AMD‘s Adrenalin software had enabled automatic/ dynamic overclocking of CPU and GPU although I had done that before with a precisely calculated and tested OC profile in BIOS. I turned it off, checked BIOS that my settings were still there, they were not. Reenabled them et voilà… MSFS+PMDG stable and smooth 😇

thanks Falcon99 for the hint
                                                        Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
                                                        Marc Eland
                                                        GFO Beta

Comment

Working...
                                                        X