Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Update and Goflight MCP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update and Goflight MCP

Is it possible that together with the last update in Operation centre the Goflight MCP does't work anymore in spadnext?

(Sorry) Robert Vandenberghe
    Last edited by robertvdb; 25Jun2022, 06:50.

Originally posted by robertvdb View Post
    Is it possible that together with the last update in Operation centre the Goflight MCP does't work anymore in spadnext?

Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Unsigned posts will be removed without warning.
    Thank you!

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

As there is no official SDK yet, and all 3rd party devs are using the old NGXu SDK yes. There are changes made in the 737 for MSFS due to SDK being created and this can cause issues. Until the official SDK is released some operations can break from version to version
    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
    PMDG Technical Support
    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Isn't there a way to fix this considering it worked until your last update? I understand your point Chris. But this problem isn't happening across the board.
      Dave Gray

Comment

Originally posted by micstatic View Post
        Isn't there a way to fix this considering it worked until your last update? I understand your point Chris. But this problem isn't happening across the board.
        I am afraid not. Until the official SDK is released all these work with non supported SDK from another product.
        PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

I am afraid not. Until the official SDK is released all these work with non supported SDK from another product.
          So were these changes necessary for some reason? I'm just trying to understand why something works and was changed to not work. that's all.
          Dave Gray

Comment

Originally posted by micstatic View Post

So were these changes necessary for some reason? I'm just trying to understand why something works and was changed to not work. that's all.
            Yes in order for the new SDK to be correctly operational. This is a new product although it has similarities with the NGXu which SDK 3rd party developer use changes are needed to it in order to be full compatible with MSFS.

PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Glad that trim wheel was fixed, now I can’t use it because the SDK was broken and my bridge software can’t map it to my 737 throttle.

sweet…

Comment

is there an expected date when we will have this functionality back? I say this on behalf of many people in other forums (home cockpit) who are pretty irked about this. Some have updated and now have no path backwards to restore everything that this update removed.
                Dave Gray

Comment

The official SDK for MSFS 737 has never existed, We the end users and 3 party devs are/were fortunate that most of the variables from the old P3D SDK worked, but it always was a gamble that once the official SDK was released some things would be different. It looks like PMDG is starting to makes those changes.

The official SDK will have changes, everyone will just have to deal with it until it is released.

Comment

No. We are also paying for the product. Not being able to
                    use it is not okay. Sorry but no. And I know my comment may annoy someone.
                    Tero Partanen

Comment

Originally posted by TH454 View Post
                      The official SDK for MSFS 737 has never existed, We the end users and 3 party devs are/were fortunate that most of the variables from the old P3D SDK worked, but it always was a gamble that once the official SDK was released some things would be different. It looks like PMDG is starting to makes those changes.

The official SDK will have changes, everyone will just have to deal with it until it is released.
                      If the SDK was never even worked on then why release updates to remove the stand in SDK? And screw over people using home cockpits? Just puzzled by this ?

Comment

Originally posted by AKS74U View Post

If the SDK was never even worked on then why release updates to remove the stand in SDK? And screw over people using home cockpits? Just puzzled by this ?

From Chris.
                        "As there is no official SDK yet, and all 3rd party devs are using the old NGXu SDK yes. There are changes made in the 737 for MSFS due to SDK being created and this can cause issues. Until the official SDK is released some operations can break from version to version"

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...787#post199787

Comment

Boy micstatic did I dodge the bullet by not buying yesterday or what bro!?!!

Are we now to expect “built from the ground up” SDK with LVARs and control codes? How long will that take and if something wasn’t broke even if it wasn’t built from the ground up, why “fix” it?

Originally posted by TH454 View Post

From Chris.
                          "As there is no official SDK yet, and all 3rd party devs are using the old NGXu SDK yes. There are changes made in the 737 for MSFS due to SDK being created and this can cause issues. Until the official SDK is released some operations can break from version to version"

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...787#post199787
                          Why are you repeating yourself? Do you have a home cockpit setup worth thousands and thousands that worked yesterday and doesn’t today? Cause I’d wager you’d be outraged if that were the case instead of trying to defend something that shouldn’t be defended!
                          Ross McDonagh
                          KBOS
                          PC: Jetline Systems Customized Gravity GT2
                          i7 10700K @5.1ghz//RTX 3080ti 12GB/32GB DDR4 @3200mhz//2x 1TB M.2 NVMe/1x 360GB SATA SSD//850W Corsair Power supply

Comment

It seems like this was a big enough change to warrant, at the very least, a mention and highlight in the release post. That way folks could decide to skip the update or not.
                            Bryan Opalka
                            Noble Air - Americas Regional Manager
                            PMDG 737/777

Comment

Originally posted by AKS74U View Post
                              Glad that trim wheel was fixed, now I can’t use it because the SDK was broken and my bridge software can’t map it to my 737 throttle.

sweet…
                              Wait.. you are actually using the trim wheel?

No 73 pilot ever uses the actual wheel, electronic trim button on the yoke is all that is used most of the time.

Still sucks that your SDK got broken though!

Comment

Very surprised PMDG not making people aware of this! Can I revert to the previous version until SDK is out?
                                Joe De Campos
                                London

Comment

Thank you PMDG! I just spent 5 hours thinking I am doing something wrong.

Please keep up the lack of communication!

George Kellerman

Comment

My GF MCP + Polypot 4.6.2.0 worked flawless prior to update. After, still works, but digital numbers do not change on my MCP while they do in the sim. That's not what I what I had hoped for.
                                    Rod Stagner

Comment

Similarly here, Rod. I use the GF MCP with SpadNext. The displays all remain zero.

Robert Vandenberghe.

Comment

Saw in a YouTube comment that the SDK won't work. I'm skipping this update and any others until Spad.Next works again. Good thing I caught that before downloading.
                                        "Ibrahim Islam"
                                        لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

They deliberately made this not work with latest 737 update due to the sdk. No other comments given as to when it will be restored.
                                          Dave Gray

Comment

Welcome to PMDG's new early access business model, I suppose.
                                            Alex Pugh

Comment

same issue here. As a developer, I am thinking about what will be the particular reason to destroy the compatibility

it is really a disaster for our developers
                                              Last edited by [email protected]; 25Jun2022, 13:39.
                                              Wei Shuai

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Yes in order for the new SDK to be correctly operational. This is a new product although it has similarities with the NGXu which SDK 3rd party developer use changes are needed to it in order to be full compatible with MSFS.
                                                The things is the new SDK ISN'T operational at all and right now you don't seem to be able to tell us when it will.
                                                Would it not make a lot more sense to leave the old system in plane UNTIL you are ready to enable the new one ?
                                                Last edited by Matchstick; 25Jun2022, 17:23.
                                                Paul Browning
                                                The wages of sin are death. But the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Comment

PMDG -- It might be helpful to let people download the .20 installer. At least this way they can restore functionality for their cockpit hardware while we await the updated SDK.
                                                  Dan Jaffe

Comment

I'm going to stick with 3.0.20 for now as I can't fly without my Avia CDU and Overhead and GF MCP Pro and EFIS all of which are working flawlessly. I understand that there is a lot of work going on under the hood with the SDK but without my hardware I can't be bothered to fly the plane with the mouse. So, I strongly suggest a rollback for home cockpit users be a priority until there is actually a working SDK, This plane is proving to be a difficult birth and I'm sure PMDG didn't do this intentionally, but for now a rollback would heal a lot of open wounds guys.
                                                    Eddie Zetlein, Surrey.

Comment

Wish I’d known about the issue before I downloaded v24. V frustrating. Back to FSX for me. Crap graphics but stable and fully functional. And….as I’d mentioned in a previous post the FPS drop makes the MSFS PMDG 737 unflyable, this being a MSFS issue as well.
                                                      Cheers
                                                      Adil Nariman

Comment

I wish I had known this was going to happen before I updated.

The developer of the AviaCDU at least has an unreleased version that can be downloaded from their support forum, which make the fmc display function again.

But not being able to use my MCP Pro to it's full capacity is just such a let down. Guess I might just go back to the Zibo when I want to fly a 737 till Asobo releases a SDK that PMDG can work with. See you in a few years....
                                                        Manfred Luederitz

A Day Without Laughter, Is A Day Without Living

Comment

Gents,

We have not published the SDK for the 737. It is currently in development and as such we are making some changes here to accommodate the new platform. Any product currently connecting to the 737 is doing so using an SDK for P3D, which is perfectly fine except that the SDK must necessarily change in order to grasp greater functionality for end users.

A few developers who reached out to us to ask “is this okay?” before using the old P3D SDK were informed that the connections will very likely change as we prepare the actual MSFS SDK.

Many of those developers have reached out to us after this update and we have helped them, even during the weekend, because we know how hard it is to have your software break and customers get upset.

So, while I realize it can be frustrating to have your connected software break, let us all please take a deep breath and acknowledge that those developers smart enough to reach out to us early on to ask questions knew this was coming. If a developer chooses not to reach out, there isn’t much we can do- especially given that we have been quite open about the fact that the SDK is not yet published and using the P3D one comes with risk.

Those developers who reached out were given an interim version to keep up to date, and were also told that more changes are pending and to reach out again if we break connections on them again in the next update cycle or two.

This ain’t that complicated, but it is a necessary process that we have communicated to developers who reached out to us for guidance. We cannot be responsible for developers who have not, and frankly it is baffling why they wouldn’t since we actually know what is going on and can serve as their best source of information.

Robert S. Randazzo
                                                          PMDG Simulations

Comment

• micstatic
                                                            micstatic commented
                                                            Editing a comment
                                                            But what about the customers? Most of us are not developers. I'm ok as I didn't update. But it seems like those who did are just looking for a path to roll back to previous version and let the smoke clear on the SDK. you know?

You may not be responsible for developers but do you think you might have a responsibility TO CUSTOMERS to tell us when you disable functionality many of us might be using ?

It also doesn't answer the question of why you are turning this off NOW when the new SDK is not ready ?
                                                          Paul Browning
                                                          The wages of sin are death. But the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                                          X