Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

3.0.24 737 Update now available in Ops Centre

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    3.0.24 737 Update now available in Ops Centre

    YASSSSSS! Us Aussies have been patiently waiting for the update as it was scheduled for mid week. It's Friday here and it's now available!

    Awesome - Thanks RSR and team.

    Jase

    #2
    Strange pink textures at cockpit and windows after the update
    Attached Files
    jorge soldano

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Solito View Post
      Strange pink textures at cockpit and windows after the update
      Ussualy means incompatible livery. does it also happen with others?

      Comment


        #4
        Fixed, I restarted MSFS and off that strange textures
        jorge soldano

        Comment


          #5
          What are the patch notes?
          Jon Sleeper

          Comment


            #6
            I would really like to update, but...

            Installing the product with admin privileges is not possible, as the installer won't recognize my Flight Sim installation.
            Installing the product as user works fine, also installing additional liveries. But for the update of the 737 the Ops Center needs to be restarted as Admin. But then again it won't find my product to update...
            The product download still contains the "old" version 3.0.20.

            So I'm somehow trapped... ;-)

            Is there any solution for this?
            Volker Strauß

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by JonSleeper View Post
              What are the patch notes?
              https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...7-700-for-msfs
              Chris Makris (Olympic260)
              PMDG Technical Support
              http://www.pmdg.com

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by TestXpress View Post
                I would really like to update, but...

                Installing the product with admin privileges is not possible, as the installer won't recognize my Flight Sim installation.
                Installing the product as user works fine, also installing additional liveries. But for the update of the 737 the Ops Center needs to be restarted as Admin. But then again it won't find my product to update...
                The product download still contains the "old" version 3.0.20.

                So I'm somehow trapped... ;-)

                Is there any solution for this?
                Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Unsigned posts will be removed without warning.
                Thank you!

                https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19



                That indicates that you have installed MSFS udner an account that is not administrator at the computer. Fast solution, make the account an administrator one, update from OC2, and then if you want put it back to normal user.
                Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                PMDG Technical Support
                http://www.pmdg.com

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by cmakris View Post

                  Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Unsigned posts will be removed without warning.
                  Thank you!

                  https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19



                  That indicates that you have installed MSFS udner an account that is not administrator at the computer. Fast solution, make the account an administrator one, update from OC2, and then if you want put it back to normal user.
                  Sorry for that, I've just set up the account, signature is available now.

                  Thanks for that workaround, I'll try that.
                  As I was able to install everything without the need of any admin privileges, it should (technically) also be possible to update without them.
                  Using an account with normal user permissions should be standard since Vista or at least Win7, although I know that many users still use admin accounts. ;-)

                  So, it's just a short and constructive feedback to improve the Ops Center in the future.
                  Volker Strauß

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by TestXpress View Post

                    Sorry for that, I've just set up the account, signature is available now.

                    Thanks for that workaround, I'll try that.
                    As I was able to install everything without the need of any admin privileges, it should (technically) also be possible to update without them.
                    Using an account with normal user permissions should be standard since Vista or at least Win7, although I know that many users still use admin accounts. ;-)

                    So, it's just a short and constructive feedback to improve the Ops Center in the future.
                    As far as I am aware the OC2 needs admin rights to perform the operations correctly as it uses directories that require admin access. Will pass it to the OC2 programmer to see if this can be changed though.
                    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                    PMDG Technical Support
                    http://www.pmdg.com

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by cmakris View Post

                      As far as I am aware the OC2 needs admin rights to perform the operations correctly as it uses directories that require admin access. Will pass it to the OC2 programmer to see if this can be changed though.
                      As I said, basic installation, additional liveries via OC2 and so on... everything works fine without admin privileges. It's just the "update" button that for any reasons asks for a restart of OC2 with admin privileges to perform the update.

                      Btw., the workaround was successful so far... Thanks
                      Volker Strauß

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Rudder and nosewheel still don't work with a gamepad.... What a joke.
                        PAUL JOSPEH

                        Comment


                        • sergio8234
                          sergio8234 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is their top priority now for the next update. Here is to hoping they get it done but they did mention that it is a tough challenge to tackle for some reason.

                          https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...7-700-for-msfs

                          He mentions it on the "What is next for 737" section

                        • paul14075
                          paul14075 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          More of the same lip service and excuses. These people blame everything they can't fix on Asobo.
                      Working...
                      X