Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Anyone using a Buttkicker with your flight sim? LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using a Buttkicker with your flight sim? LOL

So I've been looking at the Buttkicker and it seems to be a really cool device to add to the immersion. I can afford it no problem but the other side of my brain is saying, "Calm down cowboy... do you really want to complicate things?" lol. I already also bought a tablet and desk mount so I can have a remote FMS, Setting that up this weekend. So far every review or video I've checked out every person says once you use it you won't go back and that it is so worth it.

So, anyone here using one with your sim? If so, any opinions both positive and negative would be appreciated.
    Peter Lucas

Don't hesitate any further. Just buy a buttkicker!

I have one on my motion rig. I can tell you now that nothing adds to immersion more than this and I include my 6-axis motion seat when I say that. Very easy to set up. No complication at all!

If you have any questions I would be happy to help.

Kind regards

Brian Levy

Comment

I wouldn't want to give him away.
      When the engines start, you can feel them ramp up, landing is now noticeable.
      Buy it, you do nothing wrong and will not regret it.
      Roland Arndt

Comment

Absolutely recommended!
        I would not want to fly without it anymore. It is a subtle thing, but soooo effective in enhancing the suspension of disbelief…

Just remember: you also need to get the additional plug-in from a Russian guy called Andy, and a 5$ USB sound card.
        Once it is installed, it is fire and forget (or more to the point: buttkick and forget).
        Hans Krohn

Comment

It’s great I’ve used one for years. I hook it through an amplifier and woofer works fantastic
          Dean Salman

Comment

Originally posted by StanTGM View Post
            Absolutely recommended!
            I would not want to fly without it anymore. It is a subtle thing, but soooo effective in enhancing the suspension of disbelief…

Just remember: you also need to get the additional plug-in from a Russian guy called Andy, and a 5$ USB sound card.
            Once it is installed, it is fire and forget (or more to the point: buttkick and forget).
            Can you provide a link to to the plugin? Thanks!

I found the module! Any suggestion on a USB sound card?
            Last edited by RIchardjacks; 18Jun2022, 21:48.
            Richard Jacks
            DAL4116
            Senior Captain
            FlyDeltaVirtual.com KATL Hub Manager Apprentice

Comment

Originally posted by RIchardjacks View Post

Can you provide a link to to the plugin? Thanks!
              I think he's referring to Sim Shaker for Aviators: https://simshaker.com/software/general/
              Peter Lucas

Comment

Originally posted by StanTGM View Post
                Question, the newest model allows direct connection via USB and acts like it's own sound card but from what I've read that mode requires a HaptiConnect profile to which none has been made just yet for MSFS. Is that the case? Would I still need one of those USB sound cards and would using the splitter cable not do essentially the same thing? This confusion is the only reason I haven't ordered one yet.
                Peter Lucas

Comment

Dont need an extra soundcard, just get a splitter. Normal speakers plug into one and the buttkicker into another and they all work together. Definitley get the simshaker for aviators program. The buttkicker is probabaly the best device ive bought in years and adds so much, you wont regret it. I also use it for iracing etc. I just have to swap it between my flight sim steup / seat and my racing rig setup. ha!

Comment

Ordered it within the past hour lol. Looking forward to it
                    Peter Lucas

Comment

If anyone here requires their butt kicked (ie buttkicker), let me know via PM and if you're within a certain radial proximity, I'll happily oblige.😂😋😉
                      Steve Summers - i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - EVGA RTX 2070 SC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H - 3 x Samsung Pro SSD 512Gb - Corsair H100i GTX - Win 10 Pro 64 - MSFS. "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"

Comment

Hmm always wondered about this, I hear the butt kickers are good but dont last long? Maybe 1-2 years problem free and then degrade, granted I read this years ago. Not sure if this has been revised since. Would be a great addition for sure.
                        Angelo Cosma

Comment

• drmerlin
                          drmerlin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have 2 buttkickers, one for each of my different simulators. I have had both for 4 years and they have both worked perfectly without incident or degradation.

Best wishes

Brian Levy

A DCS buddy of mine got a simshaker jetseat and since then he‘s been giggeling all the time when he‘s pulled g‘s 🤣🤣
                        Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
                        Marc Eland
                        GFO Beta

Comment

Seems like they don't ship to Europe, only US and Canada. Is there any way to order this thing from Europe?
                          Intel Core i9-9900K @ 4.9 GHz
                          MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24G
                          32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200

Matthew Wissmann

Comment

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post
                            A DCS buddy of mine got a simshaker jetseat and since then he‘s been giggeling all the time when he‘s pulled g‘s 🤣🤣
                            I have one of those Jetseats, they make the CAT shots off the carriers way more fun.😀

Comment

Originally posted by matt1314 View Post
                              Seems like they don't ship to Europe, only US and Canada. Is there any way to order this thing from Europe?
                              Don't know if this will help you, but this is the listing from Amazon/UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Buttkicker-...s%2C202&sr=8-3

Comment

Seems like APU sounds not working with the sound module. Anyone else?
                                Kevin Kearney

Comment

Advance warning .....

The existing bass layers in the next update have been redesigned for more volume, and additionally, a brand new bass sound layer has been added to further boost the low end frequencies .... the result is that bass levels have been increased significantly compared to before ...... Watch out!
                                  Armen Cholakian
                                  PMDG Sound Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by asyncawait View Post
                                    Seems like APU sounds not working with the sound module. Anyone else?
                                    Hi Kevin,

Can you be more specific on your issue please - What module? And are you talking about the APU sounds in the outside view?
                                    Armen Cholakian
                                    PMDG Sound Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds Number View Post
                                      Advance warning .....

The existing bass layers in the next update have been redesigned for more volume, and additionally, a brand new bass sound layer has been added to further boost the low end frequencies .... the result is that bass levels have been increased significantly compared to before ...... Watch out!
                                      Lol, haven't hooked it up yet since I apparently need to install like 4 different various softwares to get it all going. Could be more easily thought out (as I'm an IT guy and have done computers since 8 years old and even I considered skipping this product lol) so I could see how the complexity could scare less technical people easily. I'll report back this weekend, gonna hook it up Saturday morning like it's Christmas but maybe with more cursing and frustration lol.
                                      Peter Lucas

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds Number View Post

Hi Kevin,

Can you be more specific on your issue please - What module? And are you talking about the APU sounds in the outside view?
                                        I'm not talking about sounds so much as the "Simshaker sound module". APU "sounds" are working fine, internal and external.
                                        To my knowledge, Simshaker uses ultra low frequencies that are filtered out of the main sound channel with high-pass and low-pass filters.

the Simshaker Sound Module, which from what I can tell uses simconnect to determine which vibration patterns to play.

Consider the following screenshots:
                                        Top one is from the Asobo 747, bottom is PMDG 737.
                                        Both are in similar panelstates: Battery on, APU on.
                                        747 shows APURPM correctly, which triggers the simshaker module to simulate the APU On state.
                                        PMDG 737 shows APURPM as 0, even though the APU is on.
                                        Note: APURPM is right smack dab in the middle of the debug

Literally every other function works fine, the APURPM is the only one that isn't being reported properly. Capture2.jpg Capture.jpg
                                        Last edited by asyncawait; 29Jun2022, 22:40.
                                        Kevin Kearney

Comment

Literally every other function works fine, the APURPM is the only one that isn't being reported properly]
                                          I'll email Andre about this and ask if he's aware and plans to fix this.

Not to side track but below is a link I posted after hooking up my Buttkicker. If anyone could kindly reply back on how you're running yours. As mentioned in that thread, without also using the audio splitter, I feel the absence of engine vibrations (both prop and jet planes) and some other aspects are missing when only using feedback from SimShaker & Sound Module. I personally find using both gives the absolute most realistic feel. Only thing I had to dial down a bit was ground bumps - at 50 they seemed too prominent so I bumped it down to 35 which feels IMO much more realistic.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...-shaker-module
                                          Last edited by Rev2010; 30Jun2022, 03:32.
                                          Peter Lucas

Comment

That link leads to this post.
                                            Kevin Kearney

Comment

Originally posted by Rev2010 View Post

[/URL]
                                              I don't think it's Andre. I think the PMDG 737 just isn't reporting the APURPM value to simconnect.
                                              Kevin Kearney

Comment

That link leads to this post.
                                                Weird, it's supposed to link to the follow-up thread: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...-shaker-module
                                                Peter Lucas

Comment

Originally posted by Rev2010 View Post

Not to side track but below is a link I posted after hooking up my Buttkicker. If anyone could kindly reply back on how you're running yours. As mentioned in that thread, without also using the audio splitter, I feel the absence of engine vibrations (both prop and jet planes) and some other aspects are missing when only using feedback from SimShaker & Sound Module. I personally find using both gives the absolute most realistic feel. Only thing I had to dial down a bit was ground bumps - at 50 they seemed too prominent so I bumped it down to 35 which feels IMO much more realistic.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...-shaker-module
                                                  To be exact, SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 deals with the simulation varialbles but not SimShaker Sound Module. Anyway, if APU RPM are not reported properly, I'm afraid only PMDG can fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by =Andre= View Post

To be exact, SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 deals with the simulation varialbles but not SimShaker Sound Module. Anyway, if APU RPM are not reported properly, I'm afraid only PMDG can fix it.
                                                    Well then let's hope someone from PMDG can see this and log it for fixing. I'm not gonna go through creating a ticket lol. Been working great for me using both the audio splitter in tandem with sim shaker & sound module. Very very happy with the haptic feedback I get, feels like I'm sitting right in the cockpit. Also am switching over to headphones for most of my flights, been using 2.1 speakers up till now but with the Buttkicker and headphones together (especially with Dolby Atmos for headphones turned on with MSFS spatial audio) the immersion experience is insane! Only thing that would up it from here would be VR but I'm not going there. Not losing frames and can't see physical hardware so I'll wait a few years for that.
                                                    Peter Lucas

Comment

Can anybody share settings for 737 please? My settings work perfect for Airbus, but for 737 it feels really bad especially after landing. I feel like I land on a gravel runway with flat tires. Below are my settings.
                                                      Thanks
                                                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                      Edward Stefanovich
                                                      i9-9900K, MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio, 32GB DDR4, 4K TV

Comment

Working...
                                                      X