Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Hate This Company With a Passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate This Company With a Passion

Why can't I just open a ticket for a refund with my store and forum account? Why do I need to make another account just to ask for support I won't get?
    Kurt Meyer AX75
    i7-8086K 32GB 1080Ti 11GB

Kurt
    I've always found that if you're polite people will go out of their way to help you.if you open a post by saying you Hate someone ,you will find that not many will want to help you.
    You're not new here,so why so aggresive?.just relax and ask here if you have an issue with the 737 and you'll get help.

steve howlett

Comment

I have never had an issue with PMDG and I have been flying PMDG aircraft since their first 737. I fact, I will purchase an aircraft I know I won't fly much just to support PMDG. You will not find a better aircraft.

Not sure why you want a refund but PMDG will make it right.

Burley Stinnett

Comment

Kurt,

it is required to open a support account because this allows PMDG to help people who lost access to their email address which they used on the shop, or otherwise have problems using their email provider. You can rest assured that everyone who reaches out to them gets the answer they need in a way they deserve

Normally refunds can only be given to products that haven‘t been registered.
        Last edited by Ephedrin; 12Jun2022, 13:04.
        Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
        Marc Eland
        GFO Beta

Comment

Originally posted by KWAiRT View Post
          Why can't I just open a ticket for a refund with my store and forum account? Why do I need to make another account just to ask for support I won't get?
          Talk about a temper tantrum!!! He must be 3 years old!!
          Brian Murphy FSX- 747-400 / MD-11 / MSFS DC-6/ 737-700

Comment

Life lesson inbound to the OP.

767-300 for MSFS please.
            PMDG Cultist...Chris Honke (CYYZ)

Comment

• matrosov
              matrosov commented
              Editing a comment
              You ain't getting your 67 till I get my T7 and QOS I was first in line.

Kurt, I feel your pain. They will not refund you. Will never buy again from them!. There are some nice person on here who will help as best as they can. But, otherise just "BoneHeads!" My help from suport was a one line question. Period. Good luck.
            Gelomare

Comment

• Michael Codd
              Michael Codd commented
              Editing a comment
              Nobody here knows what your request for support consisted of, so it isn’t helping your position when you say things like this about PMDG in the forum. Have you asked yourself if you might be partially responsible, simply because you didn’t give PMDG sufficient information so that they could actually help you?

Apparently some folks miss the big red letters on the product page.

Note: Digitally delivered products are not refundable.

Comment

Depending upon your jurisdiction it may be refundable…just a guess. Just because an EUA says something doesn’t mean it’s enforceable.
              PMDG Cultist...Chris Honke (CYYZ)

Comment

Originally posted by Gelomare1 View Post
                Kurt, I feel your pain. They will not refund you. Will never buy again from them!. There are some nice person on here who will help as best as they can. But, otherise just "BoneHeads!" My help from suport was a one line question. Period. Good luck.
                Gelomare
                Can you please share the ticket number? I do not find any ticket with your email address or any product purchase with the email that you are using in the forum...

And please sign with full name first and last as per rules.
                Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                PMDG Technical Support
                http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Gladly Chris, my ticket number for suppoort was:OPS Not working after install and update
                  Ticket Number: 112-2A1691DE-0057. to which i got a one question reply. After being given infactions by you, I did get the help neded from another nice person on this forum. So afyter my experience with PMDG on this purchase. I have a bad taste in my mouth . I have purchased all of the FSX products from PMDG. Loved them. This one is not up to par. It does not matter how many people get oin here to say "minne is working just fine" For the person that it is not it is a serious problem. Lastly, It was not just the opps center that did not work, but as anyone can see from a visit to this site. The bird has many problems. I requested a refund and was denied, because i had registred the plane. What kind of ump is that. How else is a purchaser to know if the bird will work as supposed to? Well it will just sit in the hngar until such time as i deem to to be worthy of dealing with. In the mean time, i applaud any and everyone who voice their dislike for an incomplete Bird that cost almost three quarters of $100.00-US

George Williams

Comment

The bird has many problems
                    That seems a bit over the top no? all i have is the occasional flashing screens, every 1 in 15 flights or so. Ill gladly see if i can help you, some people think something is broken but just don't understand the plane fully. (Broken liveries, MSFS assists and the failures/maintenance system "breaking" something seem the most common)

Most streamers don't have many issues either.

No problems with OPS center myself.

Comment

• Steve M
                      Steve M commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed, while it is of course frustrating to people who just want to take flight, it seems the majority of problems are user related rather than the actual product.
                      Of course it has some issues at present (some due to Asobo, some not), but as you say the areas most are having issues with are the ones you mention, and I would add to your list correct setting up of joysticks, yokes and pedals too.

• Gazzareth
                      Gazzareth commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think there are more than a few people who just are not really prepared to help themselves, activate the product, have an issue then demand a refund. Doesn't matter if the issue is their fault or not.

G

• Michael Codd
                      Michael Codd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Setting up joysticks, yokes and pedals etc to work in MSFS is usually an MS/Asobo and/or an individual User issue. The MSFS SDK is incomplete and unless a user is only using an Xbox game controller, mouse and keyboard, most will end up with numerous conflicting hardware settings/commands if they are not careful.

Gladly Chris, my ticket number for suppoort was:OPS Not working after install and update
                    Ticket Number: 112-2A1691DE-0057. to which i got a one question reply. After being given infactions by you, I did get the help neded from another nice person on this forum. So afyter my experience with PMDG on this purchase. I have a bad taste in my mouth . I have purchased all of the FSX products from PMDG. Loved them. This one is not up to par. It does not matter how many people get oin here to say "minne is working just fine" For the person that it is not it is a serious problem. Lastly, It was not just the opps center that did not work, but as anyone can see from a visit to this site. The bird has many problems. I requested a refund and was denied, because i had registred the plane. What kind of ump is that. How else is a purchaser to know if the bird will work as supposed to? Well it will just sit in the hngar until such time as i deem to to be worthy of dealing with. In the mean time, i applaud any and everyone who voice their dislike for an incomplete Bird that cost almost three quarters of $100.00-US

George Williams
                    You reported an issue. I asked on your ticket “What are you DPI settings in windows?” which you never replied back. Where exactly is that we did not help you? You never answered the question and this means that we did not help you?
                    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                    PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Can you please share the ticket number? I do not find any ticket with your email address or any product purchase with the email that you are using in the forum...

And please sign with full name first and last as per rules.
                      So there was a ticket from me after all!! Instead of getting your feathers ruffled when someone has a problem with the product and trying to disprove the purchaser with unhelpful responses. Maybe support should try get the best support available to the purchaser. I did respond to the forum after ia kind gentleman on the forum was willinbg to give a more usable response to my issue. I as much as told you that in follow-up messages. So all siad and done. I applaud those who have spent their hard earned money to buy your product and it has so many issues. Granted, some may be user errors, but certainly not all! All one has to do is look at the forum even after the latest update and see how many things are broken that maybe was not before the update. Just sayin! Lastly, you talk about forum rules! check outr the posts below of which neither signed thier full names. I am done! I did finally make some progress with the bird, but after the last update have returned it to the hangar waiting for a real fix that does not break other things.
                        • Steve M commented
                          Yesterday, 20:52
                          Agreed, while it is of course frustrating to people who just want to take flight, it seems the majority of problems are user related rather than the actual product.
                          Of course it has some issues at present (some due to Asobo, some not), but as you say the areas most are having issues with are the ones you mention, and I would add to your list correct setting up of joysticks, yokes and pedals too.
                          • Flag

• #12.2
                          Gazzareth commented
                          Yesterday, 23:54
                          I think there are more than a few people who just are not really prepared to help themselves, activate the product, have an issue then demand a refund. Doesn't matter if the issue is their fault or not.

G
                          • Flag
                      George Williams

Comment

• Steve M
                        Steve M commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You really are an angry person aren't you.
                        Comments do not use the full name after them, just as this one won't either...

• NegativeApproach
                        NegativeApproach commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good grief Georgie, you do know how to put on shoes yourself, or do you need help with that too? How do you get by at all?

• Steve Dra
                        Steve Dra commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Seems as though many things trigger George, and when he's triggered, he deflects. This is a natural tendency when someone rants about something then is proven completely wrong...so rather than admitting it, eating a little crow and trying to resume normal relations...they "deflect" and try to lay blame on other things.
                        Its quite the textbook response from those with his lack of control to just lash out, with the veiled protection from retaliation the internet lets him believe is in place.
                        For example....being asked to conform to the forum rule to sign your full name. He's requested to do this, gets triggered again when he sees other "apparent" violations within his own post...takes the time to call them out. But sadly, didn't take the time to figure out that COMMENTS within a post will not show the full name signature....only a POST will. Had he took the time to realize that, he could have focused on the actual issue....but in his current, triggered state, all he can do is think of ways to point out other, apparent transgressions.
                        Maybe he'll point out THIS COMMENT has no full name attached to it either?
                        Realizing that this COMMENT will probably also trigger him to lash out, I'd welcome the spirited and witty conversation, but it would be mostly one-sided, as I typically refuse to match wits with an unarmed person.

So the OP does a drive by, never to be heard from again. And the tread gets hijacked by another unhappy person who doesn't have warm fuzzy feelings for PMDG, Perhaps this thread could be a sticky for the "I hate PMDG" folks.😂

Comment

• Steve M
                        Steve M commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, a rant thread to get all the pent up frustrations out of your system. 😂

I just do not understand. I really don’t.

I do not know if PMDG are the “best” flight simulation developer around.

I really do not know if their products are the most “realistic” flight simulation add ons available.

I surely do not know if PMDG’s products are the cheapest or the most expensive ones.

I do not know if PMDG is the company that takes the longest or the shortest to develop a product.

I confess that I have more than one flight simulator and I own more than PMDG products.

I therefore participate and check the forums of all my products when I want to know what else is coming, is new or I need some help.

An example of almost any item on another forum will likely read like this:

User: “The thing does not work when I press the upper button”

Staff: “We know about it, we will try to fix it for the next update”

User: (usually) “Thank You”

And that is, usually, it.

But in this, PMDG’s forum, a similar post will contain dozens of users’ replies with “me too”s, veiled insults, “surprises” at the cost of the products, endless comparisons with other “much better” products, really “not nice” exchanges between users, quite surprising user entitlement and a general negative malaise.

I don’t know if so many more replies, simply indicate that PMDG attracts orders of magnitude more users than others.

I just don’t know or understand. But it really is bothersome.

I have been here since its inception. I have had oodles of fun over so many years. I have made such good friends. I am now one of those B737 passengers who is “sure” that if the pilot is feeling ill, well “they can just call me, I’ll land it”. All thanks to my long relationship with PMDG.

But, there is one thing that I surely know. For sure!

PMDG staff and forum moderators have to be the most patient people in this business!

I hope they keep it up.

Regards,

Roberto
                      Roberto Stopnicki
                      Toronto, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by TH454 View Post
                        So the OP does a drive by, never to be heard from again. And the tread gets hijacked by another unhappy person who doesn't have warm fuzzy feelings for PMDG, Perhaps this thread could be a sticky for the "I hate PMDG" folks.😂
                        It's entertaining though... I went through the same a hundret times when I worked as a support officer in another flight simulation company.
                        People post that they didn't get any help and when you look at their ticket it simply turns out that they never responded to your first or maybe second answer.
                        Mostly (not saying that's the case here) these posts did also include so little details, sometimes not even the name of the product the customer's having an issue with, that it's just impossible to help them with the information given in the first email.
                        And when you ask for more detail they'll respond "you haven't solved my issue, refund me within 24 hours or I'll go public and call my lawyer".
                        Those are the most entertaining of all.
                        I've had one guy who actually went public on avsim and he shared a photoshopped version of the support ticket where he photoshopped some curses in that I would have made against him, which of course I never did in the real ticket.
                        If you need to kill some time, those are really a joy to read. Especially seeing how those people quickly disappear when you then post screenshots of the real ticket.

Comment

• TH454
                          TH454 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There are times when some of these threads remind me of the old
                          Abbott and Costello ``Who's on First '' when trying to get some basic information on an issue. 😂

• Koopsttk
                          Koopsttk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          as a former software engineer I got a whole bunch of these kinds of fun to kill time with posts and support requests. Though some still make my blood boil as well.

To be this angry over flight sim software is just ridiculous. Sounds like the type that buys a 20k new car, never changes the oil, and when the engine blows, he yells at everyone at the dealership for not telling him to change his oil. I just don't understand people like this and I probably never will.
                        Greg Loch

Comment

Originally posted by Gelomare1
                          I have two degrees in economics. So go fly and lose yourself in your trolling! George W.
                          WOW... I am sooooooo.... not impressed....

My suggestion for you is the same you gave Greg...

Originally posted by Gelomare1
                          go fly and lose yourself in your trolling!
                          Last edited by Murf7413; 16Jun2022, 18:40.
                          Brian Murphy FSX- 747-400 / MD-11 / MSFS DC-6/ 737-700

Comment

EVERYONE....breathe in... breathe out... breathe in... breathe out...
                            Rich Hooker

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                              rsrandazzo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Rich- Okay. I'm dizzy. Can I stop now? - RSR

What is up with people in this hobby? How can emotions run so high over entertainment software?

I get it. It's the internet. People are crazy on the internet. And you can't reason with crazy, because if you could... it wouldn't be crazy.

But. Still. Objectively speaking, it can be argued that this year in particular, the current sim has developed into something that exceeds a standard that would have seemed a wild dream less than a decade ago. Devs seem to be figuring it out, as we've seen the recent release of many staggeringly good aircraft, both GA and airliners. Of course this 737 is one of them.

You would think simmers would be in a state of almost perpetual celebration about this situation. I mean, here I am, routinely firing up in the sim, for free on my own time, an aircraft that they pay me good money to fly in reality... just to marvel at *how good this sim and aircraft are*.

But then we have threads like this, and especially the embarrassing histrionics over at reddit currently. What is up with people? Is this just some sort of extension of the idiotic political tribalism these days? You have to either be "team PMDG" or "team Fenix"? (I still don't even understand how they're competitors, they don't make competing products, but ok.)
                            Andrew Crowley

Comment

• as-lu
                              as-lu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Agreed. The sim development certainly has come a long way. When I got my CPL/I in 1988, we trained instrument procedures in a simulator called LINK. It was very rudimentary, and we actually logged the hours and approaches. MSFS 2020 is way better in every way.. If only I had such entertainment software in my training in '88.

• CAPT Shark
                              CAPT Shark commented
                              Editing a comment
                              as-lu I remember practicing holding patterns on the LINK or something similar, then going back to the plot and viewing my track. It was rewarding to "see" the race track patternl I got to keep the graph paper, too. Lol

With an attitude like that you certainly won't get far regardless of where the problem lies,tone it down a bit and treat the developer with respect and you might get somewhere,if the service has not been up to par then your approach will get you no where. Let them know politely and they will help you just as they do in the past,many of us have little issue but if we do we don't go on the attack we get support from our fellow simmers here them pmdg if we identify it's a bug,lighten up life is too short to be angry
                            Wayne Such

Comment

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Always good fun to have a real troll on here every once in a blue moon.
                              Matthew Glanden

Comment

• Extra300driver
                                Extra300driver commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Mike the first rule of Fight Club, is you don't take about Fight Club

Originally posted by mglan80 View Post
                              Always good fun to have a real troll on here every once in a blue moon.
                              ..... who else remembers and (sort of) misses Ferd?

LOL

Best- Carl Avari-Cooper

Comment

• Steve Dra
                                Steve Dra commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I sure do....but do you recall his last name?

• Markadeane
                                Markadeane commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Ahh, Ferd Berful! The original Flightsim meme.

Found the original thread too. It runs 17 pages, including periods of inactivity before someone picked it up again!

"When a patch applies it to projects of the new announcementy.? Already next sim is the makes so i don't wait. "

• Steve Dra
                                Steve Dra commented
                                Editing a comment
                                ...."Ahh, Ferd Berful! The original Flightsim meme.

Found the original thread too. It runs 17 pages, including periods of inactivity before someone picked it up again!

"When a patch applies it to projects of the new announcementy.? Already next sim is the makes so i don't wait. "

Literally the good old days when some folks didn't act so entitled or childish (they probably did, but I don't recall it ever being this bad)...Anyway, no more time for this nonsense..."we" have a job to do.

On the opposite end...I love PMDG. I'm a noob here, but I will say since the release of their MSFS 737 and my subsequent purchase I've learned more real world techniques and procedures for an airliner since my purchase than the entire two years I've been using MSFS. Their 737 has upped my learning BIG TIME! I have an older friend who's a real life 767 pilot and every time we talk he's blown away on how much I've learned. Most recent thing he said to me over drinks at the bar was, "You know, I've come to talking to you like my coworkers... you really know your [email protected]#" lol. And I still have a ton of learning to do!!! But it's flattering and I owe most of it to PMDG. MSFS default tubeliners are so dumbed down but it has its own merits, great for GA and X-Plane even moreso. I have both, so that has helped too. Not going to get into that but the more learning and platforms the better. Anyhoo,thank you thank you thank you PMDG!!!!
                              Peter Lucas

Comment

• matrosov
                                matrosov commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That's because you're a self starter and this bird is a learning mans plane. You want to learn you'd enjoy it iimmensely you want stuff spoon fed to you from a gold plated spoon you're not going to get far with this type of plane . Welcome to real flight simming .

Originally posted by KWAiRT View Post
                              Kurt-

Okay, so skipping over all of the other drama- lets answer your question, shall we?

We are a tiny company, and as such many of the services we use are SAS based with some minor customization. We have yet to find an ecommerce solution that also includes an integrated, highly capable support system. Customizing an ecommerce system to include such a thing would easily run into the $1.5M-$2M range given the depth of our needs, and we feel that is not a wise investment given the rate at which technology changes.

As such, we have them as separate entities and this allows us to have solutions that meet a high percentage of our needs on both sides of the house.

There is also the added benefit that when customers reach out to us with the usual "i lost access to my old email address/account name/password" they don't also need those things in order to get help from us in the first place. It keeps frustration to a minimum and maximizes the speed with which we can assist MOST customers.

You appear to be an outlier there- and for that I'm sorry- but the system does work very well.

Robert S. Randazzo
                              PMDG Simulations

Comment

I will second Rob's comment:

The system works well, the forum network is very responsive and when I have needed support tickets, that system work well and quickly

Also like to recognise Chris Makris for spanning both systems and his rapid help

Adrian Howe

Comment

I have bought every plane PMDG have made and whilst I have the occasional problem there aren’t any that compete so far.

I would also add that their support is excellent and it has been stated that they have changed their deployment methods and updates to a much narrower time frame. This mean that real bugs get fixed a lot quicker.

Whilst testing will find a lot of bugs, the miriad of HW out there today makes it difficult for every scenario.

I wrote a programme at IBM called Syslog Search, I tested it and when completed said to my manager, I have tested it and I think it’s idiot proof. His comment was you won’t know that till you let the idiots use it.

Charlie Goulding

I9-9900K Clocked to 5.0GHZ, KRAKEN Water Cooled, NVIDIA RTX3080 TI, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel Memory, 2 M2 500GB SSD's, AUROS Z390 Mother Board, 1 x Samsung 860 QVO 2TB Solid State Drive (up to 550MB/s R | 520MB/s W) in a NZKT Frame.

Comment

Originally posted by chasgoulding View Post
                                    I have bought every plane PMDG have made and whilst I have the occasional problem there aren’t any that compete so far.

I would also add that their support is excellent and it has been stated that they have changed their deployment methods and updates to a much narrower time frame. This mean that real bugs get fixed a lot quicker.

Whilst testing will find a lot of bugs, the miriad of HW out there today makes it difficult for every scenario.

I wrote a programme at IBM called Syslog Search, I tested it and when completed said to my manager, I have tested it and I think it’s idiot proof. His comment was you won’t know that till you let the idiots use it.
                                    I had this hanging in my office.😃

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Comment

I’ve been a loyal customer to PMDG for years from FSX, P3D MSFS and other than a few bugs here and there that were always resolved I’ve never had any issues with this company. I love PMDG.
                                      Angus Rowlands 9700K RTX 2080 windows 11 home 32GB Ram

Comment

Working...
                                      X